• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
You need to reroll for a good DPS unit... Lightning has carried me on my reroll account, and I have zero regrets about rerolling and starting over. She's amazing. You need either Luneth or Lightning, and a good tank/healer. Don't settle for anything less if rerolling this week

When I rerolled awhile back, started with Lightning, Garnet, and Charlotte, along with Ludmille for TMR

Xion86

Trying out the game, but I screwed up linking Facebook account for rerolling purposes. My real FB account is tied to a crap set of units for this game. I will have to link the final set I go with to a dummy FB account I create.

My current set of initial units include Refia, Rydia, Terra, Garnet, Fran, and Zidane. I know Refia is top-tier in healing. I'm not sure if this is a good starter set, or if I should reroll.

Not going to repeat what others said about the team and what you should go about doing, but I will say welcome! :) I hope you enjoy the game, it's pretty damn addictive and fun. It's great you got Refia and Zidane though :) but go for those re rolls.

So who has completely finished the tower and who hasn't!?

I haven't tried ELT yet, have beat the rest. You guys, plus the dragons, have me scared lol. Not sure if I can beat it but definitely gonna give it a shot either tonight or tomorrow. I just got Ingus to max, I assume I need full break (excited to finally have it though) so my party will probably be this:

Tellah
Kefka (or Exdeath... smoke bombs are probably the better way to go instead of Escape I assume)
Cecil
Lenna (just got a Refia the other day but haven't leveled her yet sadly)
Ingus

Hopefully I'll be able to do it, we will see!

CCIE

Banned
I'm taking Valentus advice, and running the ELT dungeon 3-4 times every 3-4 hours to get my Espers leveled up. I'm stoked to have Ramuh, Ifrit, and Diabolos all at 2* status after less than a day of grinding ELT.

Valentus

So i replaced luneth in my party to test my cod as it is now in ELT.

The results were easier than luneth.

The Dragons die as easy as they did with luneth and xande died more easily. Cloud of darkness is awesome. Please try it and tell me your thoughts

CCIE

Banned
I thought you couldn't get your CoD DW yet? Didn't have the weapons for it? Makes no difference to me, I'm sure she will be awesome. Your units have helped me through quite a bit of the more difficult content in this game

Luneth is just the bomb though. Animations, skill set, etc...

LuuKyK

YOLO'd with that ticket they gave us and got a Refia. Lol

I am satisfied with this banner now. Will save lapis and tickets for whatever the next good banner is going to be.

And talking about CoD, does she have any innate ability that gives her universal elemental resistance? Because I have no equipment on her and the game is saying that she does.

Valentus

I thought you couldn't get your CoD DW yet? Didn't have the weapons for it? Makes no difference to me, I'm sure she will be awesome. Your units have helped me through quite a bit of the more difficult content in this game

Luneth is just the bomb though. Animations, skill set, etc...

It isnt dual weilded. Check her out and tell me if its useful Too.

I should work on my CoD

Mostly spent the weekend and today TM farming

My Zidane went from 50% to 56% last i checked and its been about 12 hours so he should be closing in on 58%

Pejo

It isnt dual weilded. Check her out and tell me if its useful Too.

I'll give ELT a try tonight with your CoD, either way was going to make attempt #2 tonight with some lineup and equipment changes. I'm not interested in farming, just want the clear for the moogle, so here's hoping!

I was going to try to grind Luneth/CoD/Refia all to 6 star before trying again, but considering I've seen lots of lesser parties clear with a strong friend unit, I should be able to squeak by. Then I won't be so stressed with grinding Maranda Coast non-stop. My phone's going to have little divots from all the circles I've been drawing on it to encounter enemies.

So question. I have 5 Moogles that are burning a hole in my digital pocket my Blade Mastery TM is about to be 50% and my Sakurafubuki will be done in the next day or two..or three. Think it's worth dropping them on BM? I already have DC and DW so don't need to use them on those.

Whizkid7

It feels nice to not feel rushed and to just take it slow and grind out some levels after the past couple of months. CoD is close to max, and next is Luneth & Refia.

Haven't taken a stab at ELT yet; I want to max out CoD first and get a second Hero Ring for her.

Also, I'm still not quite sure how Sword Mastery works for Luneth? Does it work on both weapons or just one?

CCIE

Banned
Okay, lost about 15 on attack, but my Lightning now has Man-Eater... Hope she can now bust through some of this ELT content without sweating bullets in the fourth round now. Does the Blood Sword or Death Scythe have a Darkness Element to them? I can't find anything in the description that says they do.

I could use the extra 10 attack, and SPR increase with the Blood Sword on Lightning.

CCIE

Banned
Hippopuncher, use the TM Moogles as you want. If you already have DW and DC (Congrats!), then I don't think it is a bad idea. Do you have Excalibur yet?

So question. I have 5 Moogles that are burning a hole in my digital pocket my Blade Mastery TM is about to be 50% and my Sakurafubuki will be done in the next day or two..or three. Think it's worth dropping them on BM? I already have DC and DW so don't need to use them on those.

Nothing else you want to use them on?

MAYBE A MACE?!?!?!??

eh? eh?

scarlet

Do I really need more than one dualcast if I already had 3 Exdeath?

I mean, in his 6* I can triple dualcast meteor. And future mages have innate dualcast. Do I really need more than 1?

I mean, in his 6* I can triple dualcast meteor. And future mages have innate dualcast. Do I really need more than 1?

this is my dilemma as my two Ludmilles are approaching 35% and beyond

Do I fuse for one or go for two? My Refia could really use it and Im bound to pull more right? ;p

CCIE

Banned
Scarlet - you have Refia? Keep DC for her, and no it doesn't sound like you really need more than one. I'm farming my TM as fast as possible, even if I could use a second of something. It just takes too damn long to farm, and there are always more units and TM's in the next banner

Hope to combine my five Mustadio's for one gun in the next couple of days. I don't know, though. This TM farming is SLOW!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Dualcast isn't meant for your mages as much as your healer and support. E.I, For Refia it is a must and Cecil sees massive gains with it also.

Nor do all future mages have it. Only Majin Fina outside of Arc, ExDeath, and Trance Terra(?).

Basically, you want 2 for sure.

Pretty sure non elemental and ignores a certain amount of SPR. Focus and defend is what I've read to survive it with ~2500 HP

I always forget that. So I always throw up Barfira and Focus, thinking, I'll be fine.

Half of team dies...

I was not fine

Alkez

3* Cecil done! A long road ahead but I'm one step closer.

NckZofQl.png

Azuran

Banned
Now imagine this, but x8. That's how I feel right now.

8 gold crystals. 0 Refia. Actually, none of the crystals even had a base 4*, all of them were evolved 3* trash (Cyan, Lani, Penelo, Fran, etc.).

Awwww :(

u6sFREg.gif

Your time will come sooner than you think.

Well, Xande wiped the floor with me thanks to Quake. I should probably think things through rather than brute forcing it.

Lightning, Ramza, WoL, Celes, Kekfa + Lightning/CoD isn't cutting it. It's rather humbling, to be honest!

I just got my Luneth to 6*, so he's useless for now, and Refia's 14 Sacred Crystals away from reaching 5*. My Cecils are 5* max and 3* grinding, respectively, so they're not realistically an option.

Will sub Lenna in for Celes and see if healing actually makes a difference. This could be her swan song. If I use a CoD with Omniveil, then I should be good.

Should I keep pulling if I have the other 3 characters aside from Luneth?

yeah

dupes get you the TMs faster and they are all good

Well, Xande wiped the floor with me thanks to Quake. I should probably think things through rather than brute forcing it.

Lightning, Ramza, WoL, Celes, Kekfa + Lightning/CoD isn't cutting it. It's rather humbling, to be honest!

I just got my Luneth to 6*, so he's useless for now, and Refia's 14 Sacred Crystals away from reaching 5*. My Cecils are 5* max and 3* grinding, respectively, so they're not realistically an option.

Will sub Lenna in for Celes and see if healing actually makes a difference. This could be her swan song. If I use a CoD with Omniveil, then I should be good.

Good Lord how are you guys losing?

Do I need to repost my guide? Double Lightning and or CoD and you still lost?

Syntsui

With all due respect, study this game on the wiki, youtube or reddit. You are doing something very wrong because you absolutely cannot lose with this team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5a0npy/data_compilation_ffiii_crystal_tower/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LMPl-2CMw

Alkez

It's weird that I when I read your posts it's in Keanu's voice in my head lol.

What do you do if you have no 6* besides Cecil? BCL as the best physical attacker with 290ish ATK. No TM's. Would this even be viable?

Ingus
Lenna
Cecil
Exdeath
Tellah

Should I switch a mage out for BCL?

CCIE

Banned
I have Lightning, Agrias, ExDeath, Cecil, and Garnet. Sometimes I lose the fight with Xande if the FL unit isn't up to snuff. Fight is much harder than some make it out to be.

I lose Agrias, and ExDeath every damned time to Meteor before round three, whether using Cecil's LB, or Focus, etc... It doesn't matter. Need to be able to whittle him down faster, because if he gets out of round four, you are simply hosed

Rokuren

Seems like Xande is very much a dps race; especially if your entire squad needs to defend to survive the meteor. Either you have the damage or you don't. Still leveling CoD to 100; hopefully I should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom