• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent 10k for luneth with two multi. Mostly garbage units and no valuable tm units. However total on arc is now 6 and 5 ingus and 4 refia......... 8k left . Just grinding from now on and saving for orlandu in that time. Do dailies every other day for any noteworthy banners in meantime. Hopefully by time oralandu comes I have several tm gears available. By then should have accumulated a lot of tickets for summons from mogking events and story mission lapis for a big time banner.

Syntsui

Threw all my remaining tickets at the banner, 2 troll golds and lots of garbage.

So I took the plunge and made my first 11 pull ever, trying for a Refia.

VA4GsfD.png

5 golds and a rainbow....

and then....

jAQjYBG.png

/epic facepalm

The only saving grace was pulling Ramza, which is nice.

So, not sure how to feel about this. A 5* base is wortjh 5k lapis for sure, but pulling 5 more golds and none of them being Refia sucks so many expletives that I wan't to just scream right now.
Ramza is much better than Luneth all things considered in the future, so don't take it too hard. You'll get a great dps unit eventually, we still have Tidus, Orlandu and Eileen to come.

Shouta

Hmm, FFBE event is tonight in JP. I'll have to pick up Lapis today in prep for that like I wanted to yesterday after hearing the results.

It'd be great to get the featured units from it if I could but I'm in it for the moogles.

Azuran

Banned
Spent 5k for one last time in this banner and I ended up getting so much garbage that I just closed my app in disgust after seeing the same crap units. 4* Shantotto was the best I got. At least give me something useful to work towards to.

I'm never daily pulling in this crap again until they fix that stupid system. Fuck everything.

I'm going to go play KH for the rest of the day. At least I got Illustrated Kairi in that game.

Lyrian

Ramza is much better than Luneth all things considered in the future, so don't take it too hard. You'll get a great dps unit eventually, we still have Tidus, Orlandu and Eileen to come.

I was looking for Refia to replace Lenna. Pretty sure I've reached double digit troll gold crystals without a Refia on this banner at this point.

Ramza is a bittersweet consolation prize. Glad I got him for sure, because it saved a complete troll 11-pull.

So is it better to go full offense(plus tank) for your arena AI team or should you put in a healer. I say that because so far the enemy healers seem to never heal.

leehom

I was looking for Refia to replace Lenna. Pretty sure I've reached double digit troll gold crystals without a Refia on this banner at this point.

Ramza is a bittersweet consolation prize. Glad I got him for sure, because it saved a complete troll 11-pull.

Took me about 11-12 gold crystals to get Refia.

Did a few more missions and got back up to 500 lapis.
Call me a sucker.
Call me a glutton for punishment.
But I did another pull.

Blue crystal.
Fuck.
No wait!
Turned gold!
Probably another fucking AnzANDHOLYSHITOMGOMGOMG!!!

I got Refia!!!
On what is almost certainly my last pull on this banner, I got Refia! It only took 12 tickets, 8 individual pulls, 10 daily pulls, and one 10+1 pull, but I got her!

Now I just have to level her up!

Lyrian

Did a few more missions and got back up to 500 lapis.
Call me a sucker.
Call me a glutton for punishment.
But I did another pull.

Blue crystal.
Fuck.
No wait!
Turned gold!
Probably another fucking AnzANDHOLYSHITOMGOMGOMG!!!

I got Refia!!!
On what is almost certainly my last pull on this banner, I got Refia! It only took 12 tickets, 8 individual pulls, 10 daily pulls, and one 10+1 pull, but I got her!

Now I just have to level her up!

Congrats! At least someone got a Refia :)

KeRaSh

My Lunas are around 5% away from my very first TM. Is one enough or should I realistically go for two? Keep in mind that Ramza is currently my only real unit with physical DD potential and I'm not trying to get into whale territory. My gut tells me one will be enough...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My Lunas are around 5% away from my very first TM. Is one enough or should I realistically go for two? Keep in mind that Ramza is currently my only real unit with physical DD potential and I'm not trying to get into whale territory. My gut tells me one will be enough...

One will be enough for now - and the likelyhood of pulling more Lunas in the future is quite high even as f2p.

Lyrian

Has anyone done the math on how many lapis we can earn by doing all the missions?

Tons. Literally tons.

Quick math on the opening isle is that there are 35 dungeons/explorations. Times 50 lapis per = 1750 lapis just for Grandshelt.

Given that there are 4 and a half islands released at the moment + Vortexes + Trials, there is probably somewhere in the ballpark of 10k of new lapis out there.

Also, lol at one of the missions for each of the trials requiring an esper summon killshot.

Syntsui

2 Barrages is ideal, there is absolutely no situation where you will need more than 2.

Whizkid7

Between CoD 6* and the Halloween event gear Arena's been a breeze. Since I don't have Luneth maxed out yet, 1st turn AoE atk down + silence from CoD followed by the Halloween mask damage + paralyze skill pretty much completely shuts down enemy teams. The only danger so far comes from enemy CoDs.

Azuran

Banned
You fools!!

Tomorrow the Goddess descends and you would waste it now!!!!??

People here are thirsty for Refia-chan

LOL arena is amusing at best. Has anyone actually lost to an opponents team? And I'm not talking about accidentally using your tm or leveling unit team.

I got my ass kicked by a whale that had 2 Lightnings, Luneth, Ramza, and Refia. I should have known that leader Refia was a freaking trap.

Shouta

Oh, you guys got missions for the story stuff now? They're only 50 Lapis? That's different than JP. First few continents are 100 Lapis per mission though they changed it to 50 later.

Zafir

LOL arena is amusing at best. Has anyone actually lost to an opponents team? And I'm not talking about accidentally using your tm or leveling unit team.

Yeah. Picked one of the higher rating teams. It was Lenna with 4 6* TM decked units(2x Lightning, Luneth and something else) behind.

My team doesn't stand a chance against that, no 6* (levelling up my CoD atm), no TM's.

It hurt.

Xion86

OH FFS...:mad: Lost my winning streak..

Was doing some Adv Vortex with CoD, went back to Arena and was used to it picking my Colosseum team pre-update....was walking at the same time and half paying attention, started and it used my current team which was solo CoD :(. Wonder if there is a default Arena team option...sigh

leehom

Was doing some Adv Vortex with CoD, went back to Arena and was used to it picking my Colosseum team pre-update....was walking at the same time and half paying attention, started and it used my current team which was solo CoD :(. Wonder if there is a default Arena team option...sigh

Similar thing happened to me too. Was using my TM team on Grandshelt farming the extra lapis missions and decided to fight in the arena. Forgot to switch teams and it was an instant loss.

Shouta

Doesn't need Dualcast to be great once her 6* comes out. Also has pretty much infinite MP

No, she's an MP hog. She gives other people full MP refills though. Tillith also can't use Dualcast.

I posted this before but Tilith is 0 or 100 for healing/support and takes a lot of MP to do so. Refia doesn't have the crazy abilities but with Dualcast, she can control her healing and support very easily allowing to to better respond to situations instead of having to waste unnecessary resources.

Lyrian

Oh, you guys got missions for the story stuff now? They're only 50 Lapis? That's different than JP. First few continents are 100 Lapis per mission though they changed it to 50 later.

As far as I can tell, everything (including trials) that is currently released on global was patched with 50 lapis per mission (20 + 10 + 10 + 10). Can't find any exceptions to this anywhere.

Doesn't need Dualcast to be great once her 6* comes out. Also has pretty much infinite MP

No, she's an MP hog. She gives other people full MP refills though. Tillith also can't use Dualcast.

I posted this before but Tilith is 0 or 100 for healing/support and takes a lot of MP to do so. Refia doesn't have the crazy abilities but with Dualcast, she can control her healing and support very easily allowing to to better respond to situations instead of having to waste unnecessary resources.

I don't currently have dualcast, but I think I can make up for that with Cecil, since he has curaja. I'm just happy to finally have a "real" healer on my team. Woot!

Can PvP be cheesed by closing the game like the Colosseum?

Nope. I mistakenly entered the fight using my Refia-only party and tried quitting out. When I came back in, I went straight back to the fight.

Lyrian

Tried a "top 100" opponent on the leaderboard for kicks and giggles. Won easily, though I got to go first and killed practially everyone on Turn 1.

Wonder if there is a default Arena team option...sigh

Yes. Same spot as setting the Companion Party in the Options menu.

Shouta

I don't currently have dualcast, but I think I can make up for that with Cecil, since he has curaja. I'm just happy to finally have a "real" healer on my team. Woot!

Nope. I mistakenly entered the fight using my Refia-only party and tried quitting out. When I came back in, I went straight back to the fight.

Cecil is the way to go and was he my Healer/Support duo with Refia until I got Y'shtola.

Dandte

Your normal version of... ahem... exultation aside, what makes Tilith so much better than Refia?

Refia:

Knows how to cast Curaja and Esuna. As a bonus you Stona and Arise which heals your target to fullhealth after reviving. Her Buff is with 45% 5% higher t´han cheer and last for 5 turns.

Bonus:

She hugs a chocobo after each battle. Bonus point for chocobo lovers.

Tillith:

Aside from different Buffs and Debuff protection her Vesion of Curaja also cures Poison, Blind, Sleep, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse. An AOE Esuna + Heal.
Her Cheer only lasts for 2 turns and only boosts for 40% but also boots MAG and SPR. Build in Focus.
She has an AoE 3 Turn +40% Fire/Ice/Thunder/Water/Wind/Earth/Light Resist abillity, which makes bar spells obsolete.
She has an AOE Revive for 100%...yep AOE Arise.

Overall Tillith is a God among Gods.

But she also has a big big downside:

No chocobo hugging.

65 MP worth of pots, a single MP+15% materia, a gold armlet, and Carbuncle will put her at close to 450 MP. She recovers 10% of that every turn...

I don't get what situation people are using her in to where they keep saying it's such a problem.

I'll have none of your reasonableness and fair explanations; do you hear me!?

Your normal version of... ahem... exultation aside, what makes Tilith so much better than Refia?

Better?

No, Refia is bae in that regard.

Tilith (her 6* form at the very least....) is a fucking support nightmare, AOE group full heal, AOE group full raise, AOE 40% elemental resist, AOE heal and 50 gain...it goes on.

But as Shouta and others have said, every time she blinks 99MP is gone so she is a drain on resources to say the least. Of course with 3 mentalities equipped on her....

BAHAHA

What does Yshtola have over Refia?

Rabbit ears.

So far the arena is pretty fun. I'm afraid of going against anything that looks high level though since I don't fully understand how the ai works.

Its mostly in your favor for now

AI teams can be modified to be pretty nasty with the right builds though so try your best now

Dual Casting mage teams and Meteor/Ultima users clean house. I need to get my dualcasts as soon as possible

Whizkid7

Wow, yeah, ELT Crystal Tower super easy now for whatever reason. Go clear it if you haven't already, boss dropped in two turns, CoD too stronk.

Xion86

Thank god for being able to set your Arena team. Here we go again then. Damn there is so much to do, my CoD is still 89/100 too :( hoping to max her out by the end of the day.

Cecil is the way to go and was he my Healer/Support duo with Refia until I got Y'shtola.

Refia:

Knows how to cast Curaja and Esuna. As a bonus you Stona and Arise which heals your target to fullhealth after reviving. Her Buff is with 45% 5% higher t´han cheer and last for 5 turns.

Bonus:

She hugs a chocobo after each battle. Bonus point for chocobo lovers.

Better?

No, Refia is bae in that regard.

Tilith (her 6* form at the very least....) is a fucking support nightmare, AOE group full heal, AOE group full raise, AOE 40% elemental resist, AOE heal and 50 gain...it goes on.

But as Shouta and others have said, every time she blinks 99MP is gone so she is a drain on resources to say the least. Of course with 3 mentalities equipped on her....

Thank you all for the breakdown! I'll probably try and do as many dailies as possible in the next banner, but won't go too crazy. If I get Tilith, rock on. If not, I'm okay with that. If I hadn't pulled Refia, I probably would have gone after Tilith much more hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom