• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elza would be a nice pull as that 50% def reduction is bonkers. Great dps and a great breaker in one. This is kind of why I wanted Dracu Lasswell. On another note, Dual wield is at 80%. Soon......SOON!

Doing a pull in FEATURED SUMMON BRAVE FRONTIER would I also have as good chance to get a Final Fantasy III character or would i have to go into featured summon Final fantasy III For that?

Whoa!! Just had a seriously good run!

Finally got the metal gods on the event, which gave me enough karma to get all of the gigantuars. Which means I got my Refia maxed to level 100! I also had enough karma left to get two tickets.

Which I used.

And got Tilith!

Hot damn!!

Muku

Yeah, this event really is Grade A dog shit. I already want to drown it in the pristine waters of Miranda Coast.

Shouta

This event style is probably gonna be a pretty standard going forward for Global so make sure you save tickets for the event to try and pull some featured chars to farm with. They've recently actually increased the number of summon tickets per event in JP, heh.

Anyway, I tested it out before I went to sleep last night but My Orlandu with Prishe's hat now has 910 attack with Odin as an esper. So much power. I just need to get the Champion Belt for snow so my actual Prishe will be that disgusting. She's only at 753 with what I have right now.

robotuw

Yeah screw this event. For some perspective, if you want to get the gigantuars this event is less efficient than Miranda Coast without BF units. 13 NRG to get ~200 karma or two gigantuars worth 60,000 exp. Maranda gets you the same exp for 12 NRG.

On the pulling front, a ticket got me a gold....Vaan? He's new so I guess yay? Could have used you 3 months ago buddy. I've already got several full breakers now.

Iceman829

So in reality how would you prioritize the event Materia / Weapons if you have no special TMRs? I'm trying to figure out what items are actually worth it and what to focus on grinding towards.

Lad Mirazh - Spear - ATK+62
Vernard - Sword - ATK+76
Destroyer's Authority - HP+10%, ATK+5%, MAG+5% (2)
Guardian's Authority - HP+10%, DEF+5%, SPR+5% (2)
Demonic Life - Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (40%) when HP drops below 50% (2)
HP +15% (1)
MAG +15% (1)

Coppanuva

Yeah screw this event. For some perspective, if you want to get the gigantuars this event is less efficient than Miranda Coast without BF units. 13 NRG to get ~200 karma or two gigantuars worth 60,000 exp. Maranda gets you the same exp for 12 NRG.

On the pulling front, a ticket got me a gold....Vaan? He's new so I guess yay? Could have used you 3 months ago buddy. I've already got several full breakers now.

Yeah but Miranda Coast requires more time for me to farm than 1 run of this, and from time to time you get the metal gods :\

Okay so after buying the cactuars I am gonna get the Summon Tix and the two pieces of equipment and I am out. I have now ran the place 30 times and have seen the Metal Gods once. Fuck. This. Shit.

Muku

This event style is probably gonna be a pretty standard going forward for Global so make sure you save tickets for the event to try and pull some featured chars to farm with. They've recently actually increased the number of summon tickets per event in JP, heh.

Anyway, I tested it out before I went to sleep last night but My Orlandu with Prishe's hat now has 910 attack with Odin as an esper. So much power. I just need to get the Champion Belt for snow so my actual Prishe will be that disgusting. She's only at 753 with what I have right now.

If this is the standard... then I guess I'm out on events now. I wouldn't even mind if the base drop rate wasn't substandard. If you have say the units, then you get extra which would be cool. I also wouldn't mind if they made it where they make certain characters bonus ones... that aren't neccessarily current ones. GG getting a Gold (minumum for this crap) that isn't a trolololol crystal. I know they want to promote the characters with the event, but this isn't even fun. Not to mention I don't even want these characters to begin with.

I guess if I can scrounge up enough for the weapons I'll take them but then I am done. I just.. this just isnt even fun. And if this is going to be the new method, then I guess I have plenty of time to get stuff done now.

So a normal no god run with Elza friend and Karl

I got around 500 karma or soso in order to double that and make it around 1k per run... Is that even possible?

Notnti mention id have to build basically a setup for soloing the boss myself.

Black Kat Lid is practically a requirement to make it worth it without relying on the god spawns

leehom

Do your other full breakers have Focus? I pulled WoL earlier today and want to use him, but Vaan has better utility because of Focus.

robotuw

Yeah but Miranda Coast requires more time for me to farm than 1 run of this, and from time to time you get the metal gods :\

Yes it's still likely to be better, and definitely less time-intensive, in the long run but I just wanted to make a point. The gigantuars were basically free in previous events and now it might take you over two days of grinding just to get them alone.

Do your other full breakers have Focus? I pulled WoL earlier today and want to use him, but Vaan has better utility because of Focus.

Nah I just have Agrias and Ingus, but Cecil meets my focus needs most of the time.

tariniel

3x Metal God with 1 Tilith as bonus: 3204 + 2403. The Elza bonus is unreal if you get 10k for it.

I really don't like this event at all. Once I buy the cheaper tiers of some of the tickets/sq and such I may abandon ship and go back to TM farming. Not enjoyable. What a stark contrast compared to the pumpking event, that one was absolutely perfect. I have to say if future events follow this same formula I probably wont stay around for it.

I've spent probably 150-175NRG and got 5 metal gods total to appear (2 and 3).

KeRaSh

c5NLanq.jpg

FINALLY!
Dual Wield is at >75% so that should also be finished soon. Already queued up 4 Arcs with one on the bench for when Zidane is done.

Meanwhile the event still sucks balls.

Is your Karl 5*? My Tilith is 4* right now since I haven't bothered leveling her. Could that be a factor? If they're both 4* then I have no idea.

Naw hes 4 star

Havent done shit with him

Not sure why there is such a big discrepancy outside of maybe i got more chest drops from the normal enemies

Maybe i had another BF character in the friend slot and forgot i dunno

Syntsui

Thanks for confirming this will be the norm from now on. This event has been a big eye opener to me. Watching videos of JPN players doing future events just cements it further that rewards will be balanced according to banner units, AKA atrocious to anyone that doesn't have them.

This is a gigantic shoot in the foot from them, whales gonna whale but this will affect player's retention hard. New players that didn't spend the amount of time we had won't put up with this bullshit and this game will hardly grow.

This is turning more and more into something I don't think I'll be able to handle. I guess I took it too seriously to begin with. Shitty mobile games will be shitty mobile games. I'm really disappointed.

Zafir

Got 3 tickets from the event so figured I may as well pull. First was a troll gold, second was a gold Tilith.

Maybe my luck is looking up after months of absolutely nothing!

Lyrian

Made a very bad judgment in frustration and dropped another 11 pull on the FF3 banner...

bO3HzQ6.png

Oh boy....

Guess I can't see what the other 10 pulls are until I crack the rainbow first?

tariniel

Thanks for confirming this will be the norm from now on. This event has been a big eye opener to me. Watching videos of JPN players doing future events just cements it further that rewards will be balanced according to banner units, AKA atrocious to anyone that doesn't have them.

This is a gigantic shoot in the foot from them, whales gonna whale but this will affect player's retention hard. New players that didn't spend the amount of time we had won't put up with this bullshit and this game will hardly grow.

This is turning more and more into something I don't think I'll be able to handle. I guess I took it too seriously to begin with. Shitty mobile games will be shitty mobile games. I'm really disappointed.

Seriously I feel the same way right now. I was looking for deals on itunes cards so I could buy the $99 lapis bundle but I probably wont bother since I can't imagine I'd enjoy more events like this. Shame since I was really enjoying this game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I see the salt from the event has already commenced.

Only issue I'm feeling is I dislike how the big gain is random, but using units from the banner isn't bad at all. I see now the importance of increasing the FL

Well hold on

the only really bad part about this one is the hoarding of currency behind RNG bonus units

As far as Banner Unit bonuses I hope they balance they rewards to be acceptable with just one of using friend units and still be able to get a decent amount of currency

Plus now that Lapis sources are increased overall people should be getting a decent variety of units from various FF games with 11 pulls and dailies

This event just sucks because this bonus is on a new banner and the base currency drop is stupid low without the metal gods

How are you people going against Vargas?

Lots of Cods? Full break+Focus, maybe?

He has too much HP to kill in one turn

You need to focus on Status effects

Poison, Paralyze, Blind etc

Black Kat Lid stops him in his tracks and a whale friend can have time to clean up the rest

Start pouring through the ability lists of your best units and slap on some status weapons

this is going to be the norm?

nah nah, I don't think i can deal with this shit, if i don't get lucky pulling a banner unit im pretty much fucked. My future in still playing this game isn't looking too good.

It is what it is, the game is a slot machine, nothing more.

Would I be just as upset for not winning at a jackpot? Perhaps, but both this and gambling are self driven, being disappointed is one thing, blaming the odds is another.

That said, if I don't pull a Tilith and soon...

Lyrian

gtT55aw.png

Four more golds....

rCzH2un.png

I pulled the wrong damn banner? FUUUUUUCK :/ But Elza as a "consolation prize" again?

Somewhere, the robot devil is laughing his ass off right now.

EDIT:

EWIV8de.png

I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM ANYMORE EITHER LOCKE. Where the hell have you been?

EDIT 2:

KGEDOC1.png

AHFDJHUSHOIAHDUIHUHDUIHGS!! Can't handle this. Off-banner Refia????? Nope. Nope, NOPE.

rWRySSR.png

EDIT 3:

No... I did pull on the correct banner? How in the hell did I pull a limited unit off-banner, especially with the bonus pull? This makes no damn sense at all.

The drop rate is way too low. But I'm gonna keep running it till it's over. What's funny though, for the first time I'm thinking the trust moogle isn't worth the runs. We'll see how much I've saved up at the end of the week.

this is going to be the norm?

nah nah, I don't think i can deal with this shit, if i don't get lucky pulling a banner unit im pretty much fucked. My future in still playing this game isn't looking too good.

Future event banners will have repeat units

Well... 13 and Type Zero wont

Lets just hope the base currency drops in those events wont be tied to slim RNG shit

Muku

It's the fact that this one is units are base 4*. How awful. But second, you also have to magically have Cactaur in the waiting for them or something to power them up. Because I sure wouldn't be bringing a level 1 4* into this crap. And if it's on a banner you don't even care about? GG, you can give up. But even bringing someones Elza earlier, I was unimpressed with the 'bonus'. I'm assuming this relies on the fabled metal gods I keep hearing about to make any decent headway into this pile of shit.

When we get events tied to FF5 and 6 it will have bonuses tied to ANY unit from that game and not just the ones on the Banner

So we really only need to worry about banners will all new units entirely.(and with 4 star or above only units)

Umibozu

How are you people going against Vargas?

Lots of Cods? Full break+Focus, maybe?
Cod barrage does 80k-100k damage per turn
Refia with embolden
Vaan with full break
Chizuru barrage with diabolos(human eater)
Kefka hyperdrive
Even without an ally he goes down 2 or 3 turns.
Working to get my 2nd cod to 6* maxed to make this and arena easier

Shouta

If this is the standard... then I guess I'm out on events now. I wouldn't even mind if the base drop rate wasn't substandard. If you have say the units, then you get extra which would be cool. I also wouldn't mind if they made it where they make certain characters bonus ones... that aren't neccessarily current ones. GG getting a Gold (minumum for this crap) that isn't a trolololol crystal. I know they want to promote the characters with the event, but this isn't even fun. Not to mention I don't even want these characters to begin with.

I guess if I can scrounge up enough for the weapons I'll take them but then I am done. I just.. this just isnt even fun. And if this is going to be the new method, then I guess I have plenty of time to get stuff done now.

Brave Frontier is a bad event for this style because the rates on the units for it are pretty terrible. They didn't implement better rates for currency events until after this event as I recall. Karl/Seria weren't particularly good rates and Tilith was a non-factor for most in JP as well. Later events will balance out the drop rates a little better for currency events by putting the lower-tier featured unit on a high rate in the gatcha which will make it easier to farm, typically 20%. In addition, there will be events were you'll get an additional dungeon that appears like once a day with the monster that drops a huge amount of currency.

Just focus on farming up enough for the tickets and then either using those to get try for featured units or save it for a later event that you want to farm. If you're saving it for later then you can TM farm or level units. Not all rewards during an event are worthwhile to farm. The only ones I absolutely say you have to get are the 10+ summon tickets they usually offer up.

Zafir

It is what it is, the game is a slot machine, nothing more.

Would I be just as upset for not winning at a jackpot? Perhaps, but both this and gambling are self driven, being disappointed is one thing, blaming the odds is another.

That said, if I don't pull a Tilith and soon...
Sure, but people put a lot of time into it which to a lot of people can be more valuable than money itself.

So it can just be really irritating putting so much time into something and then just not getting a return.

I mean that's basically why I haven't played much in the past month or so. I was just getting seriously burned out with the game, and the game was not passing me a bone or anything.

EDarkness

Well hold on

the only really bad part about this one is the hoarding of currency behind RNG bonus units

As far as Banner Unit bonuses I hope they balance they rewards to be acceptable with just one of using friend units and still be able to get a decent amount of currency

Plus now that Lapis sources are increased overall people should be getting a decent variety of units from various FF games with 11 pulls and dailies

This event just sucks because this bonus is on a new banner and the base currency drop is stupid low without the metal gods

You're still at the ever loving mercy of the RNG. Some people will get lucky...most won't. Without the new units, this event is terrible and it may well be like this in the future since we don't know what Gumi is going to do about balancing this.

I honestly, hope they don't go so conservative the next time around. I haven't even seen a metal god and I've done a few runs now. They really should do something about this.

Muku

As much as I dislike this banner, 13 nrg for 2 cactuars isn't bad. Going to run it so I can try to max out Refia.

For two? Are you getting 200 minumum? Because I keep getting below 200 for each run. I wish it was at least a set amount each time like say 200. Because as of right now this is blowing hard

You're still at the ever loving mercy of the RNG. Some people will get lucky...most won't. Without the new units, this event is terrible and it may well be like this in the future since we don't know what Gumi is going to do about balancing this.

I honestly, hope they don't go so conservative the next time around. I haven't even seen a metal god and I've done a few runs now. They really should do something about this.

They should have doubled the base currency drop rate on this one

200-300 for 13 NRG without bonus is rough. At double that rate it would have been much better and the only way to push to near 1k a run is to have 3-4 BF units

For two? Are you getting 200 minumum? Because I keep getting below 200 for each run. I wish it was at least a set amount each time like say 200. Because as of right now this is blowing hard

Dont bother running it without at least ONE bonus unit. Whether its a friend summon or a pull

Muku

They should have doubled the base currency drop rate on this one

200-300 for 13 NRG without bonus is rough. At double that rate it would have been much better and the only way to push to near 1k a run is to have 3-4 BF units

Dont bother running it without at least ONE bonus unit. Whether its a friend summon or a pull

I have used the only one on my FL that is capable. (Have another but it's low.) I pulled BEDILE this morning. I don't want the units so not wasting tickets on them. For one character though? I'll never get ANYTHING done.

leehom

I get 19x to 20x, averaging almost 200 karma a run. I try to find friend units with banner characters for the bonus. I'm holding on to the tiny hope I'll run into a metal god and that'll dramatically increase my karma farming....

Muku

I get 19x to 20x, averaging almost 200 karma a run. I try to find friend units with banner characters for the bonus. I'm holding on to the tiny hope I'll run into a metal god and that'll dramatically increase my karma farming....

Good luck on metal god, I've not seen one either.

I have used the only one on my FL that is capable. (Have another but it's low.) I pulled BEDILE this morning. I don't want the units so not wasting tickets on them. For one character though? I'll never get ANYTHING done.

yeah I pulled Karl on the daily so I got lucky and can run 2 (mine + friend) to get around 400-600 a run

Its a shit event that basically forces you to pull a banner unit to get a shit amount of currency regardless unless you get lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom