• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

You have any Paralyzing units?

Gafgarion, Golbez, BCL.... Locke with ThunderWhip and His ability?

After that its just Blade Bashers

Blind is also really useful against him as are improved breaks from Ramza.

Yea, I suppose I need to look at a different method than brute forcing like I've been doing. So he's susceptible to both blind and paralyze? Maybe i'll throw out a Trine and some paralyze moves. Anything to reduce the incoming damage per round. Also, I'll pass on CoD's elemental move too, in favor of barfira. Should give her more opportunity to dps anyways.

This should get easier as I get more of the Gigantaurs to max out Luneth and Refia.

robotuw

I just finished my last crafting trophy. It feels good. Now I've just got the gold friends-based trophies, item whiz, silver evoker, and the new arena ones to get.

Yea, I suppose I need to look at a different method than brute forcing like I've been doing. So he's susceptible to both blind and paralyze? Maybe i'll throw out a Trine and some paralyze moves. Anything to reduce the incoming damage per round. Also, I'll pass on CoD's elemental move too, in favor of barfira. Should give her more opportunity to dps anyways.

This should get easier as I get more of the Gigantaurs to max out Luneth and Refia.

Poison too!

Does 55k damage a tick

Huge damage

Muku

So question on Luneth... is Sword Master worth it? Is it worth it to put two of the limited of what are listed as 'swords' on him? Or is it better, at 100, to dual wield whatever badass shit ya have?

Edit: Have mine at 91 right now and trying to plan him out.

Quoting for new page as I'd like to set him up decently well. He'll be my leader for some time

So question on Luneth... is Sword Master worth it? Is it worth it to put two of the limited of what are listed as 'swords' on him? Or is it better, at 100, to dual wield whatever badass shit ya have?

Edit: Have mine at 91 right now and trying to plan him out.

Seriously, they made him like a truck. God forbid you don't wipe him out right away or you end up like me and have to slog through the remainder of his health with that ridiculous shield up. Seems like best option is super nuke or, if you can't, whittle down close to 50% THEN nuke.

Onto the actual game, tempting me to try more pulls since zero banner units but I doubt my luck will be any good...Will keep farming missions and see where I end up.

I've been trying to understand that too. I know I saw someone say Enhancer on him is basically the same as giving him Save the Queen? I'd really like to understand this more...
The 20% from his passive + Enhancer would put him at 111 atk. StQ has 112. It's basically the same. If you use attack pots on him, Enhancer starts to barely win out (118 at max).

Muku

The 20% from his passive + Enhancer would put him at 111 atk. StQ has 112. It's basically the same. If you use attack pots on him, Enhancer starts to barely win out (118 at max).

I just read that it only applies to one sword? Is that correct? If so, would it only be applied to the main hand one?

If it only applies to one, then guess you could stick whatever else badass in your OH

I just read that it only applies to one sword? Is that correct? If so, would it only be applied to the main hand one?

If it only applies to one, then guess you could stick whatever else badass in your OH
Yeah. Passives and materias only apply to base stats. You only need one sword to activate it. You can do whatever you want after you satisfy the requirements.

Muku

Yeah. Passives and materias only apply to base stats. You only need one sword to activate it. You can do whatever you want after you satisfy the requirements.

Okay, sweet, thank you guys. Going to try for sword from this event. Someone save me.

If not then I'd have to steal Enhancer from another party member.

Muku

wait a sec i just spent 13 nrg and beat this guy again and only got 220 karma????

220? Lucky. I average 190. Gotta bring crappy ass characters from this event. Or get lucky and find metal gods. Only found them once. Ended up with 2.2k with the two that showed up.

I want to be Oprah right now and hand metal gods out like candy

CCIE

Banned
Anyone with ExDeath - his LB always paralyzes Vargas. Always.
Barfira in the first round, and take them all out one by one until ExDeath has limit break. Then nuke the second round, keeping ExDeath's LB

First turn against Vargas, FB, then LB ExDeath. Then just pound on him while he is paralyzed

I usually do this with a FL banner unit as a crutch, because it gets one-shotted in the first round, and Refia doesn't have Arise quite yet. L94 and climbing.

Muku

Anyone with ExDeath - his LB always paralyzes Vargas. Always.
Barfira in the first round, and take them all out one by one until ExDeath has limit break. Then nuke the second round, keeping ExDeath's LB

First turn against Vargas, FB, then LB ExDeath. Then just pound on him while he is paralyzed

I usually do this with a FL banner unit as a crutch, because it gets one-shotted in the first round, and Refia doesn't have Arise quite yet. L94 and climbing.

Is Exdeath a better choice in this versus Kefka?

CCIE

Banned
I don't have Kefka, but ExDeath's LB is just plain ridiculous against anything that is suspect to statuses. I'm averaging 300-400 Karma each round doing this, and I've gotten 6-8K three times now with the metal gods.

I've almost leveled Refia all the way up, and Bartz is getting close to 5* max... It was a struggle until I figured out the event, but now I'm on auto-pilot.

Also, my ExDeath has Equip Hat so he can use the mask and is close to 380 MAG without any MAG+30%

Does anyone know if LB statuses stack? Like can I use Embolden, and Cecil's LB, and have them all stack? Or even Focus for that matter.

Muku

It seems a lot of Paralyze inducing abilities work 100% of the time has anyone tried Boo?

Edit: Just tried and it didn't stick so nevermind on that.

Yeah, I've been since the start and was going to say it doesn't. That's why I was curious if Exdeath is better in this. Which is sounds like I might swap out Kefka in mean time.

Lyrian

Yeah, like I said that was my experience with Chizu during her initial banner...easy 4 star my ass! I know how much you want her I would just bite the bullet and get the mission Lapis and pull till you get her at this point.

I'll second this, Chilly.

The logic that finally got me to pull was that there is now roughly 3 "free" 11-pulls of lapis out there via missions.

It's definitely time consuming to go through **everything** all over again, but I can definitely say (and I think Valentus also said this yesterday) is that the lapis adds up fast (but damn at that 10 lapis at a time... ugh).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
General sense here that if you don't have the horses (banner units?) maybe not bother with the the event at all? that's not very fun.

Lyrian

Does anyone know if LB statuses stack? Like can I use Embolden, and Cecil's LB, and have them all stack? Or even Focus for that matter.

Sadly, no.

Strongest single buff/debuff of a type will prevail/overwrite lesser similar buff/debuff, even in a mixed buff/debuff batch.

Lyrian

General sense here that if you don't have the horses (banner units?) maybe not bother with the the event at all? that's not very fun.

Agreed.

Those of us that got lucky are trying to get their units up to speed for everyone else to leverage as fast as possible.

Overall, the sheer number of friend bonus units available to make the event more bearable will accelerate as time goes on.

Whizkid7

Ahhh, excellent. So he doesn't have to have two swords equipped if you have better gear for him. Good to know!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Agreed.

Those of us that got lucky are trying to get their units up to speed for everyone else to leverage as fast as possible.

Overall, the sheer number of friend bonus units available to make the event more bearable will accelerate as time goes on.

I love you for that.

I pulled on this dumb thing 7x already. Three tickets, one daily, three rares. Got four gold crystals -- a kain, a shantotto, a refia, and a goddamned anzelm. probably should've just saved for an 11-pull, but w/e. definitely got sucked in after seeing what an elza can do but i'm out on this until it's at least somewhat more efficient.

chrono01

Decided to do a pull with my only summon ticket today...

5sJOdnl.png

Oh nice a rainbow...

DscrOEw.png

Oh hey an Elza, nice!
Oh man, congrats! I'm jealous. Want her so badly. ;_;

kinda feeling like pulling for elza instead of luneth, anyone feel the same?
Well, Elza is a limited-time unit, Luneth will always be available (albeit, at lower odds). If you want Elza, this is your only chance (aside from when the banner returns a second time much later on).

Break time!

28 summons and nothing but a ludmille and two of the OTHER BF characters.

fucking christ
This was me on the FFIII banner. Sorry man. :(

Happy Birthday Chrono!

Off to Madrid today so won't be doing the event till Monday most likely. Sad to hear it's not very good.

Did a ton of pulls before my flight. 4 golds: 2 trolls, 2 seria. Don't really care about her tbh but I'll take the multiplier for farming. Only spent tickets, will spend lapis on the second bf banner. Congrats to everyone who got good pulls (I'm looking at you Valentus lol).
Thanks. :)

Have a safe trip!

Woo! 11 summon got Tilith and Seria. The last fight isn't too hard, but it sounds like metal god rate is pretty low? Have to figure out if my team can with the bf chars attached.

Congrats to those who got Tilith/Elza.

Chrono's birthday? Happy Birthday!
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Congrats to you on your pulls. Two banner characters (4* base, at that!) out of a single multi-pull? Not bad! That Tilith...I need her...

3 11 pulls and 6 tickets

NOTHING...

literally, nothing.

Make that 11 tickets
It only gets worse from here. :/

Against my better judgement I decided to use a ticket. Pulled a blue...it turned yellow. Opened it up and...GALUF. ugh. Figured it would be a troll gold. No more pulling from this banner unless it's the daily.
Galuf tormented me during the FFIII banner. I hate seeing him do the same to you on this one. He's cursed me on this one too, he was my daily pull.

I hate him so much.

Daily pull: Karl (not quite a troll yellow but still...)

Had enough lapis for an 11 pull thanks to them adding the quest rewards. Got Seria twice and another Karl

Pulled again with a ticket: Tilith

Well... uh... I still want Elza but I'm okay with this. Very okay. I'll just use all the summon tickets from the event first to try Elza and see what lapis builds up doing the rest of the quests.
Congrats on the Tilith!

Happy birthday chrono!

And well done on your pull Valentus and everyone else who got lucky :).

My daily pull was Lani :p.

Loving the Arena still, especially when Trine and Aura Bell both hit first round :p. Then really bring the damage afterwards, I've just swapped Leena with Tellah too. My team seems to be doing well. 3775pts so far.

I haven't started doing the event yet but would start now after seeing the last few pages. I'll give it a go. It was so sneaky adding another Daily Quest!

Oh Cloud of Darkness reached 100 finally :D it's Refia next.
Thanks, man.

Haha I told myself, "I'm not going to pull on the ffbe banner too much junk and Tillith isn't good for a few months when she'll be back on the banner."

Decided to do a pull and got Tillith. Now I have probably the best healer in the game, when she 6's. Once I get someone to replace Chizuru my team will really be top tier.
Congrats on the Tilith.

I missed out on Refia, so I really want Tilith. I hope I can get her. I'm nearing 5k Lapis again, thanks to the missions, but I'm hesitant to do another multi-pull, not after my horrible FFIII one.

hey all
very much a lurker, but got an elza on a 10+1. Wanted to share her for those who want to get the 100% bonus. I'm not going to focus on leveling her (barely any equipment too), but it's making my karma grind much easier so hopefully it'll help others as well.

053,987,599 - Pibb

Also, oddly I did get one metal god on an 8nrg (cleared out my nrg pool for the morning, so maybe about 10 runs?).

hope that helps!
Congrats on the Elza (and welcome)!

I'll add you shortly. :)

Happy Birthday Chrono!

I really can't decide what to do for this event. My team can beat it without any issue, but I'm not going to summon and I only have 2 friends with event units. I guess I'll be able to afford the summoning tickets. I have yet to see a metal god even after I leveled up and have been playing all morning. Events like this are depressing when you see your 200 reward compared to rewards in the thousands/10 thousands
Thanks.

Yeah, this event isn't what I thought it would be. It'd be great if I could pull a banner character (or two), but if I don't, it's not going to be an easy ride, unfortunately.

So I pulled Tilith on my Daily which is cool even though she was my least desired unit of the 4..well Seria was probably least. The event however....holy shit what a shit event. If you don't use BF units or get Metal Gods good luck getting what you want. If this is how the events are from now on then eh I might be out that shit is terrible. Also can't decide if I should do an 11 pull now or not....
Congrats on the Tilith.

Just did a daily pull on this banner and plucked Tilith out. This is not a humblebrag; I'm looking for some crowd-sourced insight.

7 daily pulls + 16 tickets on the FF3 banner didn't give me a Refia, and so I was planning on spending the tickets from this event on another push to acquire her... now I'm not sure how important that's going to be. I have 6* Cecil, I have Rosa, Lenna, Roselia (though the latter isn't maxed, the rest are)... is it worth the resources to (potentially! - bless your cotton socks, chrono, I'm rooting for a last-minute Refia for you) chase her or just make do with Cecil + (Tilith/Rosa/Lenna) for whatever healer-requiring events will be coming?

I guess the nice thing is that I have a few days to figure it out. Silver lining of concurrent banners.
Haha, thanks. I really want Refia, but if I can manage a Tilith, I'll be happy.

If you have Tilith, and don't mind waiting for her 6* awakening, you could probably pass on trying for Refia. It's up to you though, and how much you value your Lapis. In the end, Tilith will (supposedly) be better, but that's only when she gets her 6*.

Did EVERYONE get a Tilith?
Not me!

Shocking, I know.

Damn Valentus's Elza almost 1 shot the boss.

sad there is rare spawn.

Daily Pull got me a Seria.

and

Happy Birthday Chrono!
Thanks! :)

Daily pull and 3 summon tickets = Fran and *drumroll*....... 3 Bediles (2 gold)! Gotta love it!

Happy Birthday Chrono!

Congrats Valentus!!
Thanks to you, as well.

My condolences on those pulls, that's rough. :/

It finally happened! I got a 5* base unit!!!! Elza! Did an 11 man pull and got elza, Karl, 2nd locke. Did my daily after that and got Tilith o_O. For once I really feel lucky!
Insane, Elza and Tilith in a single sitting? You sir, won the game for the day. Give yourself a pat on the back, you've earned it. Also, congrats!

Nope. All Vivis, Lanis and Frans here.

Happy birthday Chrono!
Thanks!

I know Vivi, Lani and Fran well, but I know Galuf even better. I hate that guy.

Grats to all on these pulls. Also big up Chrono on his birthday!
d(^_^)v

Daily: Anzelm
Ticket1: Shantotto
Ticket2: Tilith

Good enough. I'll keep daily pulling with hopes on Elza (or CoD or Zidane, lol)

I doubt it's worth 11-pulling on this banner though. I'm still considering an 11 pull for Luneth though.

I threw Tilith into my group and cleared Champions Ablaze run again for bonus Karma and it was barely more than before. This event stinks. You really need to get lucky on the Metal Gods here.
Nice job on the Tilith. That's the goal I'm after, but if I got an Elza along the way, I wouldn't complain.

My god. Elza.....

I picked her as my friend unit for attempt #2 at the 13NRG event dungeon...holy shit! I realize I had a whale friend that had her maxed already with dual wield and probably dual gugnirs, but holy shit! That 4x140% attack was hitting about 70k per hit on holy knight vargas. Between her and my CoD, I killed Vargas in a single round. With the right setup and against humans, Elza is just impossibly strong.

I think I'll do ONE 11 pull on this banner. She's just too nuts. I haven't seen a jump in character quality like that since Lightning was released.
Yeah, she's really nice. Shame she's a limited-time unit. :(

Against my better judgement, I did a 10+1 Roll. Rather than dailies.

First Yellow.... TILITH. Also got a Terra.

I'm done. I'm done with this banner now and got the one limited unit. So while I had to spent a lot more Lapis than I wished, it's nice to have the one character I've wanted the most.

I have to say, the last week has been great to me; Refia(2x), Luneth, Arc(2x), ExDeath, Vann, Terra, Garnet, all in like 30 pulls.
Aww yeah, another joins the Tilith Club. I hope to join later, should luck be on my side.

Sometimes a banner just isn't kind. I've learned the hard way not to push it...
Yeah, some banners seem to really hate some people. Maybe it has to do with the sequence of numbers in their ID< but that's just crazy talk!

....Right?

Happy BDay Chrono - hope you get Tillith via a Daily soon.

Gratz Nomidor - keep Team GAF alive during this even....haha.

PS. This event kinda...sucks :-/
Spent all my stam on it not a single Metal God invade... hope this doesnt mean that all upcoming events will be the same, that we only get lackluster results without the featured units.
Thanks, I hope I get her too. ;_;

I'm not sure which difficulty of the event to farm. I still need to beat the final stage, after that I'll probably just run the lower stamina versions hoping for an invade. I've heard the middle difficulty is good for it.

Whoa!! Just had a seriously good run!

Finally got the metal gods on the event, which gave me enough karma to get all of the gigantuars. Which means I got my Refia maxed to level 100! I also had enough karma left to get two tickets.

Which I used.

And got Tilith!

Hot damn!!
Congrats!

gtT55aw.png

Four more golds....

rCzH2un.png

I pulled the wrong damn banner? FUUUUUUCK :/ But Elza as a "consolation prize" again?

Somewhere, the robot devil is laughing his ass off right now.

EDIT:

EWIV8de.png

I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM ANYMORE EITHER LOCKE. Where the hell have you been?

EDIT 2:

KGEDOC1.png

AHFDJHUSHOIAHDUIHUHDUIHGS!! Can't handle this. Off-banner Refia????? Nope. Nope, NOPE.

rWRySSR.png

EDIT 3:

No... I did pull on the correct banner? How in the hell did I pull a limited unit off-banner, especially with the bonus pull? This makes no damn sense at all.
Insane. Just insane. That pull, it brings tears to my eyes.

Congrats, that's really awesome to see.

I need to complete crystal tower ELT :(

I end up dying at the boss.. argh.
Is he still bugged? I know earlier in the week (after maintenance), his HP/DEF were ridiculously cut. That's when I beat him.

Rixa

Thanks, Chilly.

I edited that post many times, now on the previous page.

I don't understand what happened there. How is it possible to pull an off-banner limited jackpot unit on a completely different banner???

That shouldn't be possible?

Reposting pic:

rWRySSR.png

I triple confirmed that I did pull on the FF3 banner and not the FFBF banner.

Lost track, but I think the final carnage was somewhere in the mid to high 40s to pull a Refia.

Hey everyone is shouting about Elza. But noone says anything about your new tank...

Grats for #CECIL4LIFE

How many you have them now :p

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian - that is an AMAZING pull!

From what I can tell, there just seems to be better luck with certain banners. Like me and the Lightning banners, and the FFIII banners. Virtually everything I pulled was good, and I had a minimum of troll gold crystals. Multiples of every unit except Lightning, and sadly no Luneth.

FFT gave me Agrias.. Luck just wasn't there on the first one with Ramza. At least for me, it is one good banner, one not so good banner, and they tend to alternate.

This banner I did a daily pull, and got Krile. It's okay, I didn't have her. But I'm not going to push my luck, and will save up - besides, to me these are not FF characters, which is what I want. FFXIII banner is coming up, and I would like to possibly get Snow and Hope.

KeRaSh

I don't have Kefka, but ExDeath's LB is just plain ridiculous against anything that is suspect to statuses. I'm averaging 300-400 Karma each round doing this, and I've gotten 6-8K three times now with the metal gods.

I've almost leveled Refia all the way up, and Bartz is getting close to 5* max... It was a struggle until I figured out the event, but now I'm on auto-pilot.

I wouldn't call getting ridiculously lucky "figuring it out"!
I'm so jelly. . .

Rixa

It seems I have atleast 2 super TM geared Elzas in my friendlist, decided I do event only with them and if more Elzas pop out. My aim is to get that 35k Moogle and something else.

Xion86

Chrono that was the longest post I've seen on this thread :D hope you had a good day.

On iPad I can't seem to multi quote as when I click to the next page it loses the previously selected multi quotes.

Lyrian

Hey everyone is shouting about Elza. But noone says anything about your new tank...

Grats for #CECIL4LIFE

How many you have them now :p

That's my 4th Cecil. That will make it much easier to TM 2 Excaliburs.

Lyrian - that is an AMAZING pull!

From what I can tell, there just seems to be better luck with certain banners. Like me and the Lightning banners, and the FFIII banners. Virtually everything I pulled was good, and I had a minimum of troll gold crystals. Multiples of every unit except Lightning, and sadly no Luneth.

FFT gave me Agrias.. Luck just wasn't there on the first one with Ramza. At least for me, it is one good banner, one not so good banner, and they tend to alternate.

This banner I did a daily pull, and got Krile. It's okay, I didn't have her. But I'm not going to push my luck, and will save up - besides, to me these are not FF characters, which is what I want. FFXIII banner is coming up, and I would like to possibly get Snow and Hope.

Thanks! I need to save up again badly for the next event. Thankfully, there is a lot of lapis via missions out there to recoup all of the costs of these pulls.

Xion86

Hmm I'm going to max Refia before I carry on with the event I decided. I'm also going to stick to Kefka instead of Arc, so won't bother levelling him up for now. I really, really like using Trine, Hyperdrive and his limit break, and also he gets 6* in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom