• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

any super stacked elza I could add?

would be nice to be able to beat the boss but hes hard to me without a super geared companion, but then I don't get any bonus :/

man this event is gonna be long

Just finished mine and cleaned out one slot for you.

826 124 838

Folstern

That's an insane list of pulls there, some really nice characters.

As for keeping more than one Tilith/Karl, you might want to do it since they have useful TM's. I know I'd never fuse them away if I had a duplicate.
Thanks! That's true. Her TM could see some use. Basically a Ribbon in the ability slot.

Just got CoD to 100 this morning and wow she is a monster. Makes me wish I would have focused on getting Rising Sun for further madness.

c-murph

F2p? That's some incredible luck. I only got one rainbow and I don't even want him, DKC.

Nah, I drop off a $25 Google Play card every other week or so for lapis refills for my constant TM farming. But yeah, still a lot of rainbow crystals with no pay off though. Sometimes this game makes me a sad panda.

across

Anyone have any great insight as far as the weapons from this event go? I'm skeptical about Lad Mirazh's value, and while Vernard is reasonably powerful, I don't know who matters who can use swords but not katanas.

I don't have Elza and I don't need the Trust Moogle so if I can skip one or both of the weapons I'm done with this event and can go back to TM grinding or clearing missions.

Lyrian

Anyone have any great insight as far as the weapons from this event go? I'm skeptical about Lad Mirazh's value, and while Vernard is reasonably powerful, I don't know who matters who can use swords but not katanas.

They aren't anything exceptional on their own, but can be moderately useful in a pinch down the road for elemental chains. The spear is ice element, while the sword is fire element.

YOU MONSTER!

I'm in one of those moods atm.

Mazed Elza in the Arena is scary powerful and pretty much the hard counter to Cecil. She carves him up for breakfast. Madness Rush just mows over everyone and with the combination of High Tide from the Tablet of Ruin + the LB Haste from Madness Rush... well .... she just soloes everyone at once Turn 3 rolls around (if the fight ever lasts that long). Her hard counter is CoD, who is dark immune. But, a good healer solves that issue rather quickly, so not a problem.

Muku

Congrats!

You just reminded me that I have to do more of the Coliseum. Every since the Arena hit, I've kind of been neglecting it. >_<

Thanks! :D

I was already S-3 or 4 in Col when Arena came out. So I was determined to go ahead and finish it. Dabbled a little in Arena, but will def get into it after I get Blood Sword in cooker. Figure I was already so close. Using those extra two tries helped. Looking forward to getting into Arena more now I have Luneth capped.

Get it done ASAP so you can focus on Arena! :D

chrono01

Everyone send your positive thoughts...tomorrow will be the day!!!
Good luck man, I hope everything works out well for you. Never stop believing!

I'm in one of those moods atm.

Mazed Elza in the Arena is scary powerful and pretty much the hard counter to Cecil. She carves him up for breakfast. Madness Rush just mows over everyone and with the combination of High Tide from the Tablet of Ruin + the LB Haste from Madness Rush... well .... she just soloes everyone at once Turn 3 rolls around (if the fight ever lasts that long). Her hard counter is CoD, who is dark immune. But, a good healer solves that issue rather quickly, so not a problem.
Yeah, Elza is a crazy good character, congrats again on getting her. I just wish she wasn't limited-time only. :(

Thanks! :D

I was already S-3 or 4 in Col when Arena came out. So I was determined to go ahead and finish it. Dabbled a little in Arena, but will def get into it after I get Blood Sword in cooker. Figure I was already so close. Using those extra two tries helped. Looking forward to getting into Arena more now I have Luneth capped.

Get it done ASAP so you can focus on Arena! :D
For sure, I'll get back to working on it again.

BTW, on the subject of Arena, what's the best use of those Tough Pots? I haven't read a lot about them, but do they transfer between evolutions (or should I wait to use them on a 6* character instead)? Also, is there a particular cap on each, or can I just feed whatever to whichever character I want without worry? I'd hate to reach a cap and be unable to fuse a DEF pot (for example) to my tank, since I fused a lot of HP Tough Pots to him prior.

Eidjinn

Not sure what you mean by this? Please clarify?

This is my team: Team: Cecil, Cod, Refia, Vaan and ExDeath.

Is there, maybe, space to kick one of them and find some space for Tilith (for the bonus)?

I'm thinking, maybe, Exdeath is kinda useless in beating Vargas, right?

EDarkness

Menu -> Guides -> Monsters
Vargas (N°428) and Metal God(N°443)

87 defeated Vargas
13 defeated Metal God(3x3 and 4x1)

I decided to look at what I have and see that:

30 defeated Vargas
10 defeated Metal Gods

Not too bad. Gone a few rounds without seeing anything, though.

Lyrian

Yeah, Elza is a crazy good character, congrats again on getting her. I just wish she wasn't limited-time only. :(

For sure, I'll get back to working on it again.

BTW, on the subject of Arena, what's the best use of those Tough Pots? I haven't read a lot about them, but do they transfer between evolutions (or should I wait to use them on a 6* character instead)? Also, is there a particular cap on each, or can I just feed whatever to whichever character I want without worry? I'd hate to reach a cap and be unable to fuse a DEF pot (for example) to my tank, since I fused a lot of HP Tough Pots to him prior.

Elza will surely be back for the 2nd BF banner, at a minimum.

Eyebrows were raised, as the datamine for her revealed actual partial coding for 7* awakening. Speculation is that she is going to go in reverse over to JP, where her "full" power will be revealed somewhere in the near to moderate future (that's a REALLY scary thought that her 6* max is not insane enough).

Yes to all of the pot questions. They do carry over, and there is a limit on each unit. Probably won't hit the limit on global for least a short while. Reddit Wiki has the caps listed for each unit, as they vary based on their role. Exvius Wiki has been updating their stat pages as well.

Someone a few pages back posted a future UI pic that integrates stat pots into unit stats on their status page.

This is my team: Team: Cecil, Cod, Refia, Vaan and ExDeath.

Is there, maybe, space to kick one of them and find some space for Tilith (for the bonus)?

I'm thinking, maybe, Exdeath is kinda useless in beating Vargas, right?

Your team looks like it is more physical than magical. That's probably the best unit to sub out for Tillith.

chrono01

Eyebrows were raised, as the datamine for her revealed actual partial coding for 7* awakening. Speculation is that she is going to go in reverse over to JP, where her "full" power will be revealed somewhere in the near to moderate future (that's a REALLY scary thought that her 6* max is not insane enough).

Yes to all of the pot questions. They do carry over, and there is a limit on each unit. Probably won't hit the limit on global for least a short while. Reddit Wiki has the caps listed for each unit, as they vary based on their role. Exvius Wiki has been updating their stat pages as well.

Someone a few pages back posted a future UI pic that integrates stat pots into unit stats on their status page.
Thanks man, appreciate it. I'll comb through the thread for that post (or consult Reddit).

Edit: Found it!

Muku

Despite this event being so shitty, I've kept at it. I might go a little longer at this than I anticipated. Especially with GAF being so helpful with units. :3 Managed to get 3 Metal Gods one round to show up and had a GAF unit. Ended up being a little over 6k that run. Good stuff.

I've now managed to buy the spear, sword, and all metal cactaur. The cactaur have been amazing. Got CoD capped. (Had like 7 or 8 levels to go to cap.) Luneth went from like 75 5* to capped 6*. And Refia was 40 something 5*. Bought the rest and she's now sitting at 38 6*. Feeling really good about my team coming together.

Think next will be Quartz and Tickets. After that, if I'm feeling up for it, maybe nab the 2 Authorities each. After that I'll be so done. Actually, are the authorities worth it? I imagine they are.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
One of my favorite things about this game is that I can get SO pissed off about pulling the same damn trash unit (especially via friend points), but you keep at it long enough, you eventually end up with a

hey what's this, "lullaby" trust master from this 1* unit 'Liza'? who tf is LIZA??

Well holy shit if 30% sleep isn't useful as FUUUUUUCK in the Arena.

Cecil: FOCUS
CoD: Silence + ATK Break
Kefka (with creepy mask): Paralyze
Kuja: thundaga
Charlotte w/lullaby TM: Sleep

Silence, Paralyze, Sleep y'all. My weak ass crew can take down anything, because the other crew can't do anything.

Shouta

Your team looks like it is more physical than magical. That's probably the best unit to sub out for Tillith.

Her 6-star form is a little underpowered relative to the standard in JP right now so she'd need a remake or she'll be introduced whenever 7-star units become a thing.

Decided to use 2 more tickets for the Elza banner and ended up with 2 Penelo. Did she get an unannounced boost?

I KIND of want Elza, which is an absolutely reckless thought -- but seriously 7* Elza! -- even though I've already got a team totally capable of surviving in the arena (Luneth, Lightning, Ramza the bard who only rimes heroes, Lenna->Refia/Tilith, and Kefka the Bioga machine). Could always add a Cecil or WoL for tanking, but it doesn't ever seem necessary.

Please convince me not to chase Elza.

Used 100 lapis to refresh nrg and run this crappy event again and again.

Vargas - 50 defeated
Metal God - 4 defeated

Harsh game. Harsh. This event is so bad.

Lyrian

Her 6-star form is a little underpowered relative to the standard in JP right now so she'd need a remake or she'll be introduced whenever 7-star units become a thing.

As much as the thought that hitting for over 100k damage/round with a single unit against relevant content without chaining being underpowered is mindboggling, that line of thought does make sense.

Her 6* form, released on Global first, is OP for the current state of power creep here. Her 7*, if indeed accurate, would be necessary (or at least a round of Enhancements) for her to catch up to the power creep over on the JP server.

Celegus

43 Vargas and 11 Metals. Only had one through all of yesterday, got really lucky today! Only bonus is from friend units though.

Lyrian

Crowd-sourced rates are up for the FFBF banner over on Reddit.

Yeow. Surprised as many Gaffers have at least one gold unit from the banner as I've seen. 90% total miss rate, 1/3/3/3% rate on the banner units.

Sending more best wishes over to Chilly for tomorrow.

c-murph

Crowd-sourced rates are up for the FFBF banner over on Reddit.

Yeow. Surprised as many Gaffers have at least one gold unit from the banner as I've seen. 90% total miss rate, 1/3/3/3% rate on the banner units.

Sending more best wishes over to Chilly for tomorrow.

Wasn't expecting to get Elza... only Tilith. The 3% drop rate seems kind of low though. Especially, since the banner sucks ass on Karma drop and requires unit to grind.

Lyrian

Think next will be Quartz and Tickets. After that, if I'm feeling up for it, maybe nab the 2 Authorities each. After that I'll be so done. Actually, are the authorities worth it? I imagine they are.

If you have units using Rizer's HP +10% ability, then they are strict (albeit minor) upgrades. Unlike the MAG +15%, they are reasonably priced.

One of my favorite things about this game is that I can get SO pissed off about pulling the same damn trash unit (especially via friend points), but you keep at it long enough, you eventually end up with a

hey what's this, "lullaby" trust master from this 1* unit 'Liza'? who tf is LIZA??

Well holy shit if 30% sleep isn't useful as FUUUUUUCK in the Arena.

Cecil: FOCUS
CoD: Silence + ATK Break
Kefka (with creepy mask): Paralyze
Kuja: thundaga
Charlotte w/lullaby TM: Sleep

Silence, Paralyze, Sleep y'all. My weak ass crew can take down anything, because the other crew can't do anything.

Good old fashioned crowd control. Tried, true, and **almost** never fails.

Also, Siren has Lullaby as a learnable skill.

Shouta

As much as the thought that hitting for over 100k damage/round with a single unit against relevant content without chaining being underpowered is mindboggling, that line of thought does make sense.

Her 6* form, released on Global first, is OP for the current state of power creep here. Her 7*, if indeed accurate, would be necessary (or at least a round of Enhancements) for her to catch up to the power creep over on the JP server.

Yeah, she's equal to both Luneth and Lightning right now without Dual Wield and more powerful than either if you have it as far as I can tell. That's for single targets anyway. Lightning would have her versatility advantage and Luneth still has an AOE attack making him a little more useful if you need to take a bunch down.

She'd probably be low-90s, maybe sub-80s in JP right now though. lol

udca

How does weapon mastery work with dual wield? Is it only applied to the main weapon or the best weapon? I had a gungir and a 70 at spear equipped with Elza and when I put a 2nd gungir I only gained 20 atk. I thought I would gain 30 because of the 50% bonus

Lyrian

Wasn't expecting to get Elza... only Tilith. The 3% drop rate seems kind of low though. Especially, since the banner suck ass on Karma drop and requires unit to grind.

Three 4* base units on the same banner hurts.

There was hope of a stronger pull chance because there wasn't any 3* base units on the banner. But, the gain appears to be minimal, as the gold on-banner chance was increased from the standard 5% to only 10% (which is split over the three base 4* units).

Looked up the only other similar banner, the Crystal Defenders banner rates. Pretty much the same rates, at 90% miss and the 10% hit rate divided over the 3 base 4* units. Link

leehom

Yeah, she's equal to both Luneth and Lightning right now without Dual Wield and more powerful than either if you have it as far as I can tell. That's for single targets anyway. Lightning would have her versatility advantage and Luneth still has an AOE attack making him a little more useful if you need to take a bunch down.

She'd probably be low-90s, maybe sub-80s in JP right now though. lol

How can I make DKC viable? Right now I really don't like him. Then again, I only have one TM (blade mastery) so far, working on my second (85% DH). I'm also grinding 2 DC, Saburikifidiki and Rising Sun. After that, I plan on grinding DW (just got Zidane a few days ago), 2 barrages, another DH and probably DKC's TM or another blade mastery.

c-murph

Three 4* base units on the same banner hurts.

There was hope of a stronger pull chance because there wasn't any 3* base units on the banner. But, the gain appears to be minimal, as the gold on-banner chance was increased from the standard 5% to only 10% (which is split over the three base 4* units).

Looked up the only other similar banner, the Crystal Defenders banner rates. Pretty much the same rates, at 90% miss and the 10% hit rate divided over the 3 base 4* units. Link

Ah, ok. So, the ten percent divided among the three is normal then. Gunna continue with dailies then do an 11 pull on the last day if I haven't gotten Tilith.

scarlet

How does weapon mastery work with dual wield? Is it only applied to the main weapon or the best weapon? I had a gungir and a 70 at spear equipped with Elza and when I put a 2nd gungir I only gained 20 atk. I thought I would gain 30 because of the 50% bonus

Isn't it 50% from base attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom