• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
chilly always talks like that, im new here too but you really shouldnt take anything he says seriously ( except when he starts fanboying about the emperor)

he does not mean anything harmful or mean at all wih his gay hell comment
So... doing it consistently makes it ok? I must admit I don't understand, but I really think going forward this is a conversation better left to PMs.

Apologies again for all the non-Exvius talk in the thread.
Edit: Just saw your other post. Understandable but being Chilly is himself a gay man I see no reason why he can't use the word even in the context given. /shrug

Like... I get it? I just really never understood the whole "taking back the word" thing and preferred to just not hang around people who used similar terms at all.
It's more of a drive-by situation for you. Those of us that have been in this community a while know Chilly's sexual orientation and if you know that, you know his comment most definitely isn't meant to be offensive regardless if you know he's quoting a film or not.
It wasn't lost on me, I assure you.
What everyone says is true, there is no ill will meant by the phrase. Having said that, if that particular phrase bothers you, I can most certainly refrain from saying it. In its own way, the phrase brings, to me, connotations of humor, positivity. But I can understand that it might not to some people, maybe even most people, in the gay community.

I'm quite easy going, all things considered :)

Personally, and I imagine most everyone here feels the same way, I don't want anyone to leave the community we have here in this thread ^.^

I understand what you're saying. While I don't share your feelings on such things, I can absolutely respect where you're coming from.

I didn't mean for this to blow up as it did.

*Note*

I'm not making any more posts about this I'm just editing this one I've spammed this thread enough about offtopic things.

I'm just not used to the word gay being used as a negative on GAF. I understand nobody is mad at me, I've just had a long history of negative emotions based on such things and prefer to keep to communities that won't stir up such memories. Given that, I wouldn't expect any more help.

I understand that it was a movie reference, but I don't reference Finkle is Einhorn for a reason... -_-

Sorry again for shitting up this thread.

What everyone says is true, there is no ill will meant by the phrase. Having said that, if that particular phrase bothers you, I can most certainly refrain from saying it. In its own way, the phrase brings, to me, connotations of humor, positivity. But I can understand that it might not to some people, maybe even most people, in the gay community.

Personally, and I imagine most everyone here feels the same way, I don't want anyone to leave the community we have here in this thread ^.^

I'm relatively new to this thread, just started posting here in the last month or so. I just always thought stuff like that wasn't cool on GAF, I didn't know it was allowed here.

I'll unsub from the thread and let ya'll be. Apologies for mucking things up. Thanks for all the carries, I understand deleting my lame ass.

It's more of a drive-by situation for you. Those of us that have been in this community a while know Chilly's sexual orientation and if you know that, you know his comment most definitely isn't meant to be offensive regardless if you know he's quoting a film or not.

We know how you mean it to be and it's funny when you do it but yeah, maybe don't do it any longer for those that are new to this thread/community and can easily interpret it another way. We'll keep it a happy little FFBE (did I say happy? I mean rage inducing) thread.

but how 700? jesus

I actually used your Elza earlier, I saw she had 400ish atk so I was like "oh yeah thats good enough for the boss"

then in the first battle I realized she was 5* with like 2.5k hp... she died in like a hit x_x

LOL Sorry! I ran out of cactuars and she isn't a priority yet. I figure if someone can get to the boss with her alive they can at least use the debuff from her.

My Luneth. Blade Mastery and Sakufaburkgiaosdljwhatever./Moonblade/Black Cowl/Brave Suit/Bracer/Celestial Gloves/Lunge Combo and 2 ATK 10%. I am assuming we get the one we can make within that time frame otherwise just 1 of those.

Razmos

Yass got 7000+ karma with Tilith, Seria and an Elza friend summon. Nice!

Also got a new high score for Demon Rain, 8 counters in one turn lol

tariniel

Thanks murph for adding me with your Elza!

I could use another few Elza friends for more karma bonus!

811,351,127 - average Lightning

Its amazing to me how much effort they put into the LBs for these BF characters, that ice wolf or whatever it is from Karl is fucking awesome looking!

Yass got 7000+ karma with Tilith, Seria and an Elza friend summon. Nice!

Also got a new high score for Demon Rain, 8 counters in one turn lol

WHAT IS HAPPENING 7k??!?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to do a refill, first one ran into 3 MegaGods. Ended up with about 12k Karma from it, saving me an entire day of normal farming. Hell yeah, closer I get back to TM farming, the better

Whales

Banned
hey murph, if you still got a spot in your FL do you mind adding me too? I could use all the elza I can get

554-305-417

Also I have 3 spots ( a bunch of people deleted me yesterday and I dont know why) so if any other gaffer wants my low tier lightning, dont hesitate to add me lol

Lyrian

Its amazing to me how much effort they put into the LBs for these BF characters, that ice wolf or whatever it is from Karl is fucking awesome looking!

WHAT IS HAPPENING 7k??!?

If you run into 3 metal gods with friends units, that's quite obtainable.

As I only have my Elza, pairing with another Elza friend unit yields 6k for me if 3 metal gods show up. Add another BF unit into the team, 7k becomes obtainable.

12k? Now, I'm jealous. Grats Shintoki.

If you run into 3 metal gods with friends units, that's quite obtainable.

As I only have my Elza, pairing with another Elza friend unit yields 6k for me if 3 metal gods show up. Add another BF unit into the team, 7k becomes obtainable.

12k? Now, I'm jealous. Grats Shintoki.

Yeah just ran with an Elza, Karl, and Sierra Nevada or whatever the hell is name is. Ran into one God,

Bout 5k or so too >.>

robotuw

Well I've finally got dual wield, and now I don't know what to do with it. After Lightning I'm pretty short on physical units. Help me decide GAF? Here's my top contenders:

Chizuru: Good attack, but I don't have Miyuki and Lightning is already rocking blade mastery and the chimichurri. Chizuru only gets up to 346 atk with murasame and osafune.

Agrias: She's already in the party most of the time anyway, and doesn't need to be a tank with Cecil around. Mighty hammer and enhancer puts her up to 357 atk.

Refia: Two golden staffs puts her spr up to 361, but does it actually apply both to healing?

Other decent units I have: Cecil, Tellah, Exdeath, Kefka, Arc, Bartz, BCL, Kain.

Syntsui

Well I've finally got dual wield, and now I don't know what to do with it. After Lightning I'm pretty short on physical units. Help me decide GAF? Here's my top contenders:

Chizuru: Good attack, but I don't have Miyuki and Lightning is already rocking blade mastery and the chimichurri. Chizuru only gets up to 346 atk with murasame and osafune.

Agrias: She's already in the party most of the time anyway, and doesn't need to be a tank with Cecil around. Mighty hammer and enhancer puts her up to 357 atk.

Refia: Two golden staffs puts her spr up to 361, but does it actually apply both to healing?

Other decent units I have: Cecil, Tilith, Tellah, Exdeath, Kefka, Arc, Bartz, BCL, Kain.

Chorizo!

Whales

Banned

Other decent units I have: Cecil, Tilith, Tellah, Exdeath, Kefka, Arc, Bartz, BCL, Kain.

hmmm. Wouldnt kain with dual wield do a lot of damage with jump?

or well, chizuru with a 8 hit barrage sounds pretty good too

c-murph

hey murph, if you still got a spot in your FL do you mind adding me too? I could use all the elza I can get

554-305-417

Also I have 3 spots ( a bunch of people deleted me yesterday and I dont know why) so if any other gaffer wants my low tier lightning, dont hesitate to add me lol

Added.

I have 4 more spots available for anyone else that doesn't have me and want to add. Send a request and I'll add you shortly. Normally run a weak underpowered 4* Fencer but I have 6* Elza with 513 Atk and DW right meow.

Added 5 more slots for the Gaf. For those who don't have me, now's your chance. Most senior members around here already should since we use the spreadsheet. Be sure to have Gaf in your message/sig:

591 Lightning, 4xx Elza w/ dual wield (DW sitting at 97.5%, should be done tomorrow)

408 213 179

Valentus

Other decent units I have: Cecil, Tellah, Exdeath, Kefka, Arc, Bartz, BCL, Kain.

do you have the 60 int staff and the 72 int staff?

If the answer is yes, then kefka is your target buddy.

robotuw

hmmm. Wouldnt kain with dual wield do a lot of damage with jump?

or well, chizuru with a 8 hit barrage sounds pretty good too

I don't have it at the moment, but I've got so many damn Lunas I could get a loose barrage in a few days. If that's the case then Agrias would be better?

do you have the 60 int staff and the 72 int staff?

If the answer is yes, then kefka is your target buddy.

Got the 60 and I could beat the trial without too much trouble I think. Does the double mag apply to spells then? I've heard DW doesn't work with Hyperdrive

Syntsui

Added 5 more slots for the Gaf. For those who don't have me, now's your chance. Most senior members around here already should since we use the spreadsheet. Be sure to have Gaf in your message/sig:

591 Lightning, 4xx Elza w/ dual wield (DW sitting at 97.5%, should be done tomorrow)

408 213 179

Added.

I have 4 more spots available for anyone else that doesn't have me and want to add. Send a request and I'll add you shortly. Normally run a weak underpowered 4* Fencer but I have 6* Elza with 513 Atk and DW right meow.

Added both of you!

Valentus

I don't have it at the moment, but I've got so many damn Lunas I could get a loose barrage in a few days. If that's the case then Agrias would be better?

Got the 60 and I could beat the trial without too much trouble I think. Does the double mag apply to spells then? I've heard DW doesn't work with Hyperdrive

no, it doesnt apply to double mag, but think about it. Kefka cant equip shields anyway, and adding a 72 int staff means the slot you have dual weild will be equivalent as having 2 MAG+30% materias.

Kefkas hyperdrive will do insane amount of damage in your current situation (and it looks like you need good damage dealers)

Now, if you want physical units, then wait for next week. If the next batch is FFV, then Bartz 6star must be your pick for your dual weild.

Lyrian

Really wish the friend cap wasn't so low at 130.

It's often hard to find room for new Gaffers as they enter the thread.

Raika

Added.

408 213 179

Added y'all. :3

robotuw

no, it doesnt apply to double mag, but think about it. Kefka cant equip shields anyway, and adding a 72 int staff means the slot you have dual weild will be equivalent as having 2 MAG+30% materias.

Kefkas hyperdrive will do insane amount of damage in your current situation (and it looks like you need good damage dealers)

Now, if you want physical units, then wait for next week. If the next batch is FFV, then Bartz 6star must be your pick for your dual weild.

Sounds like the way to go then, at least until Bartz gets his 6*. I didn't know if the magic from the second rod applied since it doesn't for atk. I'm still a few weeks out from having dualcast but when that shows up I might have to switch DW back to a caster. 6* Exdeath with dualcast, dual wield, and ultima....yeah I can see why that's a big deal.

408 213 179

I sent you an invite too!

408 213 179
sent

Added.

im too late, full

Razmos

408 213 179
Request sent :) using a Tilith at the moment for the bonus

Valentus

Sounds like the way to go then, at least until Bartz gets his 6*. I didn't know if the magic from the second rod applied since it doesn't for atk. I'm still a few weeks out from having dualcast but when that shows up I might have to switch DW back to a caster. 6* Exdeath with dualcast, dual wield, and ultima....yeah I can see why that's a big deal.

exdeath has innate W-Magic, that is double black magic.
also has innate Meteor, that is the same as ultima but 20% less magic damage.

So you dont need dualcast and ultima in your exdeath. Instead use those 2 materia slots in 2 MAG+30% materia.

Dual Weild
MAG+30%
MAG+30%
MAG+30%

Equip your 2 rods - Activate W-Magic - Double Meteor - The world burns.

udca

Added 5 friend slots. 544 Atk Elza with Diabolos. 512 783 735

If you use her for the event, use darkside on the 2nd set of enemies, I have demonic fury so she gets a 50% stats boost. Combined with a full break + deprotect and another DPS(CoD?) unit, I think most people should be able to kill the boss in 1 turn.

Xion86

I think we all collectively wept

It made me smile a little too :$ as it just added to the rage more, as the pull was so terrible after all that build up. I really hope Chilly gets lucky soon though.

Hate this event but going to keep going non stop until it ends, lots of those items I really want.

Made loads of free spots by the way, 518,334,204.

tariniel

Sent a request

Thank you so much! Murph and your Elzas make me really want one of my own, her attack animations are so cool! I do have 15 tickets burning a hole in my pocket over here... but that's a bad idea.

Also that bonus karma with 3 units is nice. Makes the event tolerable. Other than my abysmal 11 pull yesterday I'm enjoying the game a lot right now.

Took me 2 turns to kill the boss but Lightning and your Elza are basically the only units I have that do anything. I bring two 4* Tilith for bonus, and 6* Cecil and Refia that are only level 50 to soak exp, so I have no Cheer or Full Break or anything going on.

robotuw

Added 5 friend slots. 544 Atk Elza with Diabolos. 512 783 735

If you use her for the event, use darkside on the 2nd set of enemies, I have demonic fury so she gets a 50% stats boost. Combined with a full break + deprotect and another DPS(CoD?) unit, I think most people should be able to kill the boss in 1 turn.

Damn, added.

It made me smile a little too :$ as it just added to the rage more, as the pull was so terrible after all that build up. I really hope Chilly gets lucky soon though.

Hate this event but going to keep going non stop until it ends, lots of those items I really want.

Made loads of free spots by the way, 518,334,204.

I has like 3-4 go encounters today so i mean

If you have 2-3 BF units running and do it a bunch everyday you should in theory get everything you would want

Its not the free for all the Halloween event was

c-murph

Added.

Bought another 5 spots for any late stragglers that still want in. ID in quotes.

Apparently you can only buy 130 spots max?

tariniel

So......which of these Mog King rewards are actually high priority?

The wiki has a recommended purchase/priority list:

https://exviuswiki.com/Grand_Gaia_Chronicles#Recommended_Purchase

But it really varies on your needs. Some people went for the cactuars or awakening materials immediately because they need to level/awaken some units. Personally I'm doing all of the tickets first and then we'll see how I feel about the rest. I'm not too concerned about the weapons and would rather get the SQ/Elixirs/Phoenix downs before them tbh. Unless there's a good case for these weapons that I'm not seeing right now?

Wow, this game runs like shit on Nox, I forgot how awful it was.

Hey man

As long as its not crashing im all good with Nox

Memu just doesnt run but i have yet to test Nox overnight

Setting it up tonight so wish me luck. Its tricky to get it back to normal with the new updates lol

Gonna have to run some tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom