• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Are there any tactics for beating vargan? I'm struggling with my current units.

I was struggling a bit too. I fortunately got Luneth to cap before continuing. However, do you have an Exdeath? Someone brought up some pages back his LB was perfect for this. If you do, bring him in and use first two rounds to build it up. If he's 5* and capped, he'll blind, poison, and paralyze for a few rounds. It's amazing how much that helped me. And I should note the poison at end of each round does 55k.

Of course also depends on make up of rest of your group and how quickly they can kill.

If you don't have Exdeath or it'll take a while, make a Barfira and put it on someone. That will help immensely with the fire crap he dishes out.

H3xum

The problem with the Gigantuar on Surging Menace is that it can use 10k needle on any turn. It's 100% RNG and the worst of it is if you take a cover character that guarantees 2 deaths on the very first battle.

Hardest challenge of the entire game so far. I don't have that Craftable item d item that does 2k damage and the grenades are gutter trash, it takes 3 fucking turns of everyone single unit using them to kill the Gigantuar.

Only uses 10k needles when you use items or abilities. Just auto the fight and have a healer ready for the 1k move

Lyrian

Just started this game yesterday. I tried to stay away for the past 6 months but finally I gave in, and now regretting how behind I am :(

I pulled Cecil and Refia for my 5 tutorial summon tickets. Is that good?

Cecil and Refia? Wow, that's a solid start. Right there, you have a top tier tank and healer. You'll have the flexibility of just filling the remaining three slots with mages or physical units, as the situation demands.

I got a few good Damage Dealers as well. I'm up to the desert area in the missions so I collected a bunch of lapis and rare summon tickets and used them on the BF banner so I could increase my karma bonus. I got 2 Serias and 1 Karl from that as well.

I'm sitting on 4.5k lapis right now, is the FF3 banner better than the BF banner? I guess Luneth is pretty awesome, but I heard Elza was too.

Welcome to the end of the world!!

Did you put your player code in the Google Dock as of yet?!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So 100 Runs done of Vargas, ran into 15 Metal Gods, so the exact amount Reddit has been saying.

Officially done farming the event, just dailies which will net me the Defense Materia. Back to TM farming.

I got a few good Damage Dealers as well. I'm up to the desert area in the missions so I collected a bunch of lapis and rare summon tickets and used them on the BF banner so I could increase my karma bonus. I got 2 Serias and 1 Karl from that as well.

I'm sitting on 4.5k lapis right now, is the FF3 banner better than the BF banner? I guess Luneth is pretty awesome, but I heard Elza was too.

well you already have refia so I guess hold onto your lapis and tickets for now

Arc would be useful so you have a Mage to lean on

Seria and Karl are actually ok for new players. They are certainly better than Lasswell and Rain (until they get their upgrade)

Yeah just keep doing what you are doing and build towards the next banner

Chinner

Banned
I was struggling a bit too. I fortunately got Luneth to cap before continuing. However, do you have an Exdeath? Someone brought up some pages back his LB was perfect for this. If you do, bring him in and use first two rounds to build it up. If he's 5* and capped, he'll blind, poison, and paralyze for a few rounds. It's amazing how much that helped me. And I should note the poison at end of each round does 55k.

Of course also depends on make up of rest of your group and how quickly they can kill.

If you don't have Exdeath or it'll take a while, make a Barfira and put it on someone. That will help immensely with the fire crap he dishes out.
Haven't got exdeath I'm afraid.. Does silence work? Could try kefka.

Broseybrose

Are there any tactics for beating vargan? I'm struggling with my current units.

He is weak to paralyze, if you have access to any units that can do that.

Black Cat Lid comes with me into that fight because of her Hex Strike. Paralyze, Poison, and Blind EVERY time, without fail.

Whizkid7

Wow, that's the third set of 3 metal gods I've run across today. Either they kicked the rate up or I'm just really lucky with the event today.

Speaking of, who's a better candidate for the HP/ATK/MAG abilities, CoD or Luneth? I guess CoD since they can use all the stats? I don't have a full set of Hero Rings for them both yet so they're still not as good as they could be...

Muku

Wow, that's the third set of 3 metal gods I've run across today. Either they kicked the rate up or I'm just really lucky with the event today.

Speaking of, who's a better candidate for the HP/ATK/MAG abilities, CoD or Luneth? I guess CoD since they can use all the stats? I don't have a full set of Hero Rings for them both yet so they're still not as good as they could be...

You are just really lucky. :(

Speaking of the authorities, are these things that go in accessory slots? I figure they are, and way that is worded figure they are, but want to check first.

I have my main folks with Hero Rings so now I'm trying to figure out what I'd even do with them.

Cecil and Refia? Wow, that's a solid start. Right there, you have a top tier tank and healer. You'll have the flexibility of just filling the remaining three slots with mages or physical units, as the situation demands.

Thanks! How strong do I need to be to beat the 3rd level of the BF event? I can clear the second level (God Blade Mifune) now, but it's not easy. I'm guessing there's no way I'll be strong enough for the 3rd level by the time the event ends.

Also, I was reading about the BF crossover event. Is it worth making a BF account and trying to do the events over there to work towards the unison event, or will I get those rewards even if I don't participate (since it's server-wide)?

I had zero metal gods yesterday (spent all my energy on it besides dailies)... been doing the same today and finally had a set of 3 and one set of 1 in another run. Ridiculous how much of a difference it makes when they are there.

Whizkid7

You are just really lucky. :(

Speaking of the authorities, are these things that go in accessory slots? I figure they are, and way that is worded figure they are, but want to check first.

I have my main folks with Hero Rings so now I'm trying to figure out what I'd even do with them.

They're actually abilities - most 5* and 6* characters have ability slots that you can fill with things like the authorities to help power them up. That's why I'm trying to figure out who they should go to, since both my CoD and Luneth are empty on abilities right now.

Muku

Thanks! How strong do I need to be to beat the 3rd level of the BF event? I can clear the second level (God Blade Mifune) now, but it's not easy. I'm guessing there's no way I'll be strong enough for the 3rd level by the time the event ends.

Also, I was reading about the BF crossover event. Is it worth making a BF account and trying to do the events over there to work towards the unison event, or will I get those rewards even if I don't participate (since it's server-wide)?

You get the rewards anyway. Like today we got the 50k money.

I don't even feel like my alt account is strong enough/has the right stuff to take round 3 of the current event. I haven't tried but knowing how they perform, I won't waste the energy. Will probably spend the Karma I did get on Cactaur to work on Refia for them.

If you want a Luneth to help you out, you can add me. I use him as my lead since I've capped him at 6*.
Waiting for the day Garland can be really good again. ;_;

Edit: Okay, sweeeeet. I was hoping they'd go in ability slot. Holy shit going to buy both of each then. Think I'm like 22k now, so need 10k more. CMON METAL GODS. ;_; Then that leaves me all Quartz, Tickets, and cheap awakening mats left to get. Then I am doner than hell.

Lyrian

Probably not, short of partnering with a very overpowered Elza and having them solo the 3rd level.

Best route is likely to focus on claiming the 100 cactaurs and use them to level up your units in preparation for the next event.

You get the rewards anyway. Like today we got the 50k money.

I don't even feel like my alt account is strong enough/has the right stuff to take round 3 of the current event. I haven't tried but knowing how they perform, I won't waste the energy. Will probably spend the Karma I did get on Cactaur to work on Refia for them.

If you want a Luneth to help you out, you can add me. I use him as my lead since I've capped him at 6*.
Waiting for the day Garland can be really good again. ;_;

Edit: Okay, sweeeeet. I was hoping they'd go in ability slot. Holy shit going to buy both of each then. Think I'm like 22k now, so need 10k more. CMON METAL GODS. ;_; Then that leaves me all Quartz, Tickets, and cheap awakening mats left to get. Then I am doner than hell.

Thanks, I'll be adding you. (I'm a lvl 42 Seria so you'll know it's me.) My ID is 439,959,155 in case anyone else wants to add me

Muku

HEY

I think Orlando is his version of what Chizoro is to Chizuru.

Also... we wouldn't be so lucky as to get Orlandu next week. Plus, I think game just used all my luck for next 6 months on Luneth. NO COMPLAINTS! But I want Orlandu, and I can't have him coming up with the game hasn't restored my luck yet.

Edit: About to add you cpp, but you might want to put GAF in your notes. One it helps us id each other and two if a GAF person comes along wanting to be friends and I forget you are GAF, then I may accidentally delete you :(

Muku

Orderion! Or whatever goofy ass name they came up with. Rest of the Continent and Trial should be out next week.

So get your CoDs ready for that delicious mace

Oh, you mean the one I haven't even touched? FFFFFF cmon Metal Gods I need you NAO. So I can finish getting this crap and move on with story holy crap wtf cmon.

Alkez

So 100 Runs done of Vargas, ran into 15 Metal Gods, so the exact amount Reddit has been saying.

Officially done farming the event, just dailies which will net me the Defense Materia. Back to TM farming.

I must be pretty lucky then. Game says I'm 20 for 77.

Killer Dark I got your friend request but it says you're full. When you've got some space let me know, I haven't deleted the request.

Again, anyone else who wants to add me or has space feel free to send me a friend request. Code is 632,536,652.

I must be pretty lucky then. Game says I'm 20 for 77.

Killer Dark I got your friend request but it says you're full. When you've got some space let me know, I haven't deleted the request.

Again, anyone else who wants to add me or has space feel free to send me a friend request. Code is 632,536,652.

Sorry about that, I lost track of invites vs friend list! I just removed a random. Thanks for letting me know!

90 Vargas kills
14 metal gods.

Also that CoD solo run through Vargas is not what I was expecting. Thought you'd have dual wield or something. I haven't bothered to try my CoD but I'm wondering how long it takes the CoD only run.

In my runs I have lighting and luneth use their aoe on every round leading up to the boss, but then I use their cut through and crushing blow while Refia uses attack up and WoL uses full break. Vargas goes down in two to three rounds. Can't imagine a solo CoD with those stats working just as well.

Lyrian

Do they ever have sales on Lapis where the IAP cost is reduced by some amount, or you get double lapis for your money or something like that?

Not really. There are some bundles packaged with other stuff, which tends to receive a slight discount.

That said, Black Friday is coming. It will be interesting to see in Gumi rolls out an offer for the American players.

Not really. There are some bundles packaged with other stuff, which tends to receive a slight discount.

That said, Black Friday is coming. It will be interesting to see in Gumi rolls out an offer for the American players.

Yea, I played Dragon Blaze for a while and last year during Black Friday they had unlimited buy 1 get 1 free on the in-game currency there. $99 package shot through the roof and they went from #50 to #3 on the app store, lol.

Edit: Thanks for all the adds!

Lyrian

Wow... guess I have been lucky overall, despite today's dry streak.

13 metal gods in 64 runs. That's well above the average.

Spent far too much time leveling Elza and Refia, that I'm behind the pace at the moment.

Syntsui

How did Brave Frontier manage black Friday updates? Bundles were already datamined, but this would be a great opportunity for another special banner with the most wanted characters.

Lyrian

Bundles were already datamined, but this would be a great opportunity for another special banner with the most wanted characters.

Just had a thought.

Wouldn't Thanksgiving (Black Friday) in the U.S. be right around the time the next major content patch would be released?

TG is on the 24th, BF is the 25th; right on schedule with the monthly content push.

Lyrian

Well in other news I got the 100 Streak Trophy.

FUCK A STREAK I WANT MY MOUTHLESS GODDESS

Knew I was forgetting something.

Grats on the free 500 lapis and that pain in the ass trophy.

Hopefully it will contribute towards landing that goddess that won't return your phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom