• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

In the NOX settings

- Changed it to High Performance (not even sure if this helps)

- Changed to Direct X renderer from open GL

Makes the game look like shit (i turn off all effects in the in game options to improve performance) but I dont give a fuck

I just need this to work
Cool. Hope this work.

chrono01

Chrono, you're **well** over average with those numbers.
Really? That's doing well?

...This event...the spawn rate is too bad.

BTW, many of these encounters were prior to me getting Tilith, and by that time not many people on my Friend List had BF characters to borrow, so I only got the standard amount (unfortunately). Now that I'm set to get the bonus, they're no longer appearing. Funny how that works, huh?

I have to stare at your fucking Tilith every god damn time I add a companion. WHY U DO ME LIKE THIS

Though to be fair I guess I'm doing the same with my Refia as Leader so >.>;
I SEE HOW IT IS!

Well, guess what? When I get Emperor, I'll immediately set him as my leader just so you can enjoy him. Aren't I generous?

>:)

Syntsui

couldnt get Nox to work?

After i made some changes I had it survive an overnight run.

Shit just caught up on the thread and read this

yeah i had similar issues. The best thing to do is have long delays, ghost clicks and just basically make your macro as redundant as possible. That way even if there is a hiccup it will catch up and reset itself

Still making tweaks but at least its burning energy overnight and allowing me to TM again

Unless something else comes along or Memu gets fixed this is my only option

My problem is, I want to level up Cecil's LB and if I select the enemies for maximum productivity, sometims the macro ''holds'' the click and select the monster information. This alone breaks my entire run.

What I could to to prevent this is completely avoid selecting the monsters. I'm not facing any problems right now, but this won't help me level up Cecil's LB... It's either this or nothing I guess.

Lyrian

...This event...the spawn rate is too bad.

BTW, many of these encounters were prior to me getting Tilith, and by that time not many people on my Friend List had BF characters to borrow, so I only got the standard amount (unfortunately). Now that I'm set to get the bonus, they're no longer appearing. Funny how that works, huh?

>:)

The current anecdotal expected average is seeing 15 metal gods total for every 100 runs. You're pacing almost double that rate.

And yeah, this event is very feast or famine. If a player can pull enough an event unit or two, plus pair with another event unit, then most of the rewards can be grinded out. But, a triple metal god spawn will blow the event wide open with enough bonus credit. There are pic of gaffers claiming over 10k karma in a single run.

On the other hand, getting the house minimum almost every single run is very frustrating.

EDIT: And just like that, my next run yielded two metal gods, doubling my total karma output for the entire day. Stupid inconsistent event.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The rate isn't bad if you put it into perspective. With 16 Metal Gods in 102 runs. I managed to get all 6* Material, Tickets, SQ, Weapons, PD, Elixir, SR, and one of the Guardian Materia, with still about 3k for the next one done. I only got one unit too after about 25 pulls on this banner.

The reason it seems bad is it being inconsisted, but the actual rate you get is fine in comparison to other events. A single metal god with using a friend unit will next you about 2.4k in one go. Basically every metal god you get is like running it an additional 5 to 6 times. So you get that 3, it's close to a day's worth of running it and with the cost of items, you'll easily be able to get everything. I'm actually done quicker on this one than the Halloween Event.

Muku

The rate isn't bad if you put it into perspective. With 16 Metal Gods in 102 runs. I managed to get all 6* Material, Tickets, SQ, Weapons, PD, Elixir, SR, and one of the Guardian Materia, with still about 3k for the next one done. I only got one unit too after about 25 pulls on this banner.

The reason it seems bad is it being inconsisted, but the actual rate you get is fine in comparison to other events.

I dunno. I'd rather buy back the Halloween event. I was showered in Candy. I had so much at end after buying almost everything (sans LB pots) that I just ended up stocking up on more Awakening Mats at the higher rate

...This event...the spawn rate is too bad!

I'm currently at 78 times beating Vargas with only 10 metal gods. And of those, 9 came in 3 battles. So really, I've only faced them 4 times in 78 runs.

That is really frickin bad.

I did manage to get all of the cactuars, star quartz, and tickets, though. I already have the 6* mats for the units coming up from the last event, so I think I'm done with this one. I'm focusing on beating the missions now. I'm almost up to 6,000 lapis!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I dunno. I'd rather buy back the Halloween event. I was showered in Candy. I had so much at end after buying almost everything (sans LB pots) that I just ended up stocking up on more Awakening Mats at the higher rate

Those mats were cheaper, yes.

But the materia, weapons, etc this time are much cheaper to account for it.

Basically, it's a game of perception once more

My problem is, I want to level up Cecil's LB and if I select the enemies for maximum productivity, sometims the macro ''holds'' the click and select the monster information. This alone breaks my entire run.

What I could to to prevent this is completely avoid selecting the monsters. I'm not facing any problems right now, but this won't help me level up Cecil's LB... It's either this or nothing I guess.

Yeah so what i do it do one quick click to select monster. Then hit repeat. 2nd battle select monster. Repeat then Auto

Should get the maximum LB crystals with minimum clicks

Make sure you leave plenty of time delay to allow for long animations and loading. As for the random long clicking... Im not sure. Test and retry. Get clever with it and see if you can make a reliable macro

Muku

Those mats were cheaper, yes.

But the materia, weapons, etc this time are much cheaper to account for it.

Yeah, and despite getting the spear and sword already, feel like they're a bit on low end in terms of worth at the moment. Seems stuff my guys are using right now are better. Well, the ones that can use swords/spears.

I'm not impressed with this even, nor am I having fun with it. Going to force myself to buy cheap Awakening mats this time though as well for the future.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah, and despite getting the spear and sword already, feel like they're a bit on low end in terms of worth at the moment. Seems stuff my guys are using right now are better. Well, the ones that can use swords/spears.

The sword is about on par with the Chifi, but Blade Mastery makes it more desirable than the sword. The spear is also the best spear in the game outside of TMs. The issue is we only have two decent spear users currently(Kain and Elza). But they'll definitely have their uses since they'll increase damage and allow for chaining with melee units to mages. Unlike the Gungair for example.

For the Chifi, it took about 37 runs through - Which also required 15 energy. - 555 NRG

Taking even just the basis of using a friend unit and no metal gods - it will take you 25 runs for the Sword - 325 NRG. Have your own unit and it's down to 20.

If we take a look at the Halloween event - The Mask was 27000 Candy and elite netted you 2200 per run. About 12 runs, but it also cost 20 NRG compared to 13. So about 245 NRG. The elite Pumpkin boss was also bit more unforgiving than this one.

And as I said, it doesn't take into account a metal god. If we take the average of 15 per 100 runs. Avg is about every 7 rounds, you should average one. Where using a friend unit(Assume most are using Elsa friend units), you'll net an additional 2000 Karma every 7 attempts, which is equivalent to running it an additional 5 times. And that into the above calculation of 25 runs for the sword. It will take you about 15 runs through for the sword. Making the energy total at 195 needed for the sword, in comparison to the mask that required 245.

The benefit for the Halloween event came the 6* matts, tickets, etc since those prices were not adjusted, but the materia and weapons this time around are quite a bit easier to attain in comparison. The issue with this is perception, since every metal god as I said, is like an additional 5 runs. So when you get it, it's far ahead of the other events. When you don't, it feels like it's dragging. But even just using a friend unit, it's not too much slower than the Halloween.

I await for the outrage with the next event, like normal

Celegus

Ouch... my wife wanted to use her friend points up and accidentally hit the "rare summon" (off-banner) since that's where the friend summon banner normally is. Did an 11 pull... 2 gold crystals were Kain and Edgar, the rest blue not even worth mentioning. Needless to say she has turned into a very sad panda, especially considering this is the first time she's even had over 5000 lapis, from the new missions. Not even snickerdoodle cashew milk ice cream can heal those wounds..

Muku

Ouch... my wife wanted to use her friend points up and accidentally hit the "rare summon" (off-banner) since that's where the friend summon banner normally is. Did an 11 pull... 2 gold crystals were Kain and Edgar, the rest blue not even worth mentioning. Needless to say she has turned into a very sad panda, especially considering this is the first time she's even had over 5000 lapis, from the new missions. Not even snickerdoodle cashew milk ice cream can heal those wounds..

I assume the pull was a train wreck... :(

Edit: Nevermind for some reason completely missed it first time. Yeah, that's a train wreck.

Whales

Banned

its ok... tell her I spent 5k on a banner pull and got shit like that too

Valentus

its ok, buy her 18000 lapis and make her a happy panda again.

chrono01

In Canada we all are.

The Arena is making me wanna kick someone in the ****. If it isn't the random crashing - It's the forgetting to change to my Arena team and dying.
Why not set your Arena team in the Options and never have to worry? I know I did that (as soon as I learned of it), no more accidental TM party in Arena!

c-murph

Got to menu - options - select party - arena party

Is that the same as the Colosseum option is did they add one for the Arena as well?

Why not set your Arena team in the Options and never have to worry? I know I did that (as soon as I learned of it), no more accidental TM party in Arena!

Because I didn't know they added that option... Probably should've realized it after the first several times of running into the Arena.

Syntsui

I think I may have solved the problem with Nox. I set up everything from scratch, now using a mouse instead of the notebook TouchPad. I looked over 4 cycles with no errors at all, so I hope I have no surprises when I wake up.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sunbeam in Arena is fantastic. It's all about the statuses. Sunbeam, Boo, Bioga, and Hit all with Shining Splender works wonders on my first round. Almost two of them are bound to be inflicted with something, complete with AE damage

leehom

I reinstalled Nox and it ran great for a day. Second day (today) it crashes after 30 minutes. Closed the program and tried to restart it, froze my computer at 30%. Tried again a few times and it would keep crashing my computer.

Did some research and found out the VT is conflicting with Avast. I don't know why it didn't conflict with Avast before and why it is now....so I uninstalled Avast and it's running again, for now. Just read that de-clicking virtualization in Avast might work too.

Sunbeam in Arena is fantastic. It's all about the statuses. Sunbeam, Boo, Bioga, and Hit all with Shining Splender works wonders on my first round. Almost two of them are bound to be inflicted with something, complete with AE damage

Yeah I was Trine and Aura Ball in the same manner, its amazing lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Battle Participation rewards are pretty nice too, an extra 40 Lapis a day. Making it 90 for dailies.

I'm assuming they'll change it eventually. -_-

chrono01

I somehow managed to get that 100 arena streak without crashing. The way the world works I was expecting a crash on 99
Congrats!

This will probably be me shortly (crashing at 99), it wouldn't surprise me. I've been picking all of the low-tier people too, so my points are suffering. I just want this trophy out of the way, so I can play Arena the normal way.

Lyrian

I somehow managed to get that 100 arena streak without crashing. The way the world works I was expecting a crash on 99

I hear you, there.

Dodged a CTD while idling and restarted the app to clear out the final arena wins for the 100 streak.

I can finally breath a sigh of relief.

It was worth it though. A pic for posterity, because this will never happen again on this FFBE account:

0nMJ9fQ.png

Moving towards the inconceivable.... #61, 62 and 63 at the same time. The 500 lapis didn't hurt either :)

Flambe

Those don't do damage though, right? I like the ones you can just set once and repeat unless heals are needed. Though my only real dps is Cloud of Darkness, so I sit through a loooot of 8 hit barrages.

Yeah, I feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm throwing status effects rather than damage of some sort. Although I do Bioga with Kefka so maybe I'm just a dirty liar, meh.

tuffymon

Congrats!

This will probably be me shortly (crashing at 99), it wouldn't surprise me. I've been picking all of the low-tier people too, so my points are suffering. I just want this trophy out of the way, so I can play Arena the normal way.

My heart skips a beat every time I attack... Until I see the opposing party show up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom