• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirran

Just started playing a week ago. Played soft launch, but for some reason I dropped it around the point I got in the Japanese version. Could really use some good friends as the ones I request seem to quit quickly and are pretty weak. Almost done with the second island so far. Code is 293,908,750. So far I've managed to pull Refia, Arc, and Exdeath. Running a bit mage heavy as I'm hurting on physical dps D:

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- farming karma, pulled a ticket ... ExDeath, my 2nd in a week or so. notbadobama.jpg

-- chasing the dragon, 510 lapis ... rare pull ... blue crystal ...
ZIDANE?? ZIDANE!!!

I need that TM so fucking badly!!!!

Lyrian

-- farming karma, pulled a ticket ... ExDeath, my 2nd in a week or so. notbadobama.jpg

-- chasing the dragon, 510 lapis ... rare pull ... blue crystal ...
ZIDANE?? ZIDANE!!!

I need that TM so fucking badly!!!!

Grats!

So jealous here. Still haven't ever pulled either an Exdeath nor a Zidane since launch.

Muku

Just started playing a week ago. Played soft launch, but for some reason I dropped it around the point I got in the Japanese version. Could really use some good friends as the ones I request seem to quit quickly and are pretty weak. Almost done with the second island so far. Code is 293,908,750. So far I've managed to pull Refia, Arc, and Exdeath. Running a bit mage heavy as I'm hurting on physical dps D:

Sent you a request. :)

I don't delete GAF folks unless they are gone for a month or more.

Lyrian

Just tried my first 1.50 ratio fight.

Definitely more engaging of a fight, that's for sure. Did confirm that the maximum number of medals that can be earned in a single fight is 14 though, for science.

Lyrian

here i am thinking i was chasing you.

As generally "lucky" (in an odd sort of way) as I have been over the last two weeks, outside of then I have been generally rather unlucky with pulls since launch.

Zidane and Exdeath remain among the white whales that have dodged me since launch.

The FF5 banner should catch some of these fish, as Exdeath and Bartz should be relatively easy to catch as 3* bases, in theory. Reality is something else altogether though.

Muku

Sweet. Two Destroyer's Authorities for now. Saving up for the high end ticket purchases now. Then probably the Guardian Authorities. Put them on Luneth since CoD is currently in possession of the x1 ATK 10%. Not sure what to do with them once the ATK 10% itself comes out, but it's nice. Want to get Luneth to break 500 ATK >_>

desverger

Sent you a request!

Jayhawk

One week into the game, and my current team is 5* Luneth, 5* Garland, 4* Refia, 4* Ingus, and 3* Arc. Mostly been farming vortex for experience, and completing dailies when I find the time. I almost have enough to do a multipull. I should start looking into getting decent starter equipment and maybe doing more event missions.

bonkeng

One week into the game, and my current team is 5* Luneth, 5* Garland, 4* Refia, 4* Ingus, and 3* Arc. Mostly been farming vortex for experience, and completing dailies when I find the time. I almost have enough to do a multipull. I should start looking into getting decent starter equipment and maybe doing more event missions.

That's a very nice team. You got all areas covered. Dps, healer, buffer, mage, breaker.

I'd suggest not to do multipulls for now. Just do your daily 250 Lapis pull.

Lyrian

I really don't understand why that 15% MAG is so expensive, double the damn trust moogle

Long-read incoming, fair warning.

------------------------

The short answer is power creep relative to where the game is at the moment.

Think of it this way:

-- Consider a scale from 1 to 10. One is trivially easy to obtain, ten is incredibly difficult to obtain.

-- Consider that there are two scales in place in the game, a premium scale and a F2P scale. F2P scaled items are generally inferior to premium (think TM) items/abilities.

Items off the Mog King are technically "free", so they fall on the F2P scale. For a free item, the highest available materia for magic is +10%. (The Candy Basket from the Halloween event is an accessory, so it is not a valid comparison here.)

Therefore, as the new top tier free magic materia available in the game, it sits at the "10" point on the scale, and therefore is extremely expensive to obtain.

Over time, the scale will move forward and the materia will be priced cheaper in the future as MAG +15% becomes more common (again, only comparing against free items). Case in point is the HP +15% materia offered in this event. The first time it was offered, it required a ridiculous amount of drops and megacrysts to craft (a 10). The second time, it was offered for a high amount of event currency (a 9). Now, it is offered for a slightly above average amount of currency (perhaps a 7).

Are there premium items available that blow this out of the water? Of course. MAG +30 exists. Then again, that's a whole TM farm that needs to be completed for that.

Will MAG +15% be cheaper in the future? Undoubtedly.

The question then becomes "Is obtaining the best **free** magic materia in the game at this moment in time worth the significant premium tacked onto the price tag right now?"

That's a decision each person has to make on their own based on their own perception of value.

Some questions to ask yourself when valuing this materia:

-- Do I have access to Shantotto for MAG+30%
-- Do I have sufficient time to grind out her TM for a MAG +30%?
-- Do I use significant quantities of MAG +10% on my team now?
-- Would a MAG +15% be a desired upgrade for my best mage on my A-team?
-- As this is a limited materia to the event, would I be okay with skipping this for now and waiting likely at least another month for the next opportunity to obtain this materia?

-- Do I have sufficient Bonus units to reach the 70k karma needed for this materia (min required: 200-225% bonus with friend unit)

Hope this information helps!

tuffymon

Whew, I can at least remove the panic arena gives, now that the 100 streak reward is done. A few more runs (hopefully) of killing Vargas, and I should be 100% done. I've had an incredible bout of luck today, putting me at 78/15 (was 6 before today).

@Lotus Nuuuuuu, my pool for savior Orlando must grow!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- Lyrian that's the best explanation ever for why the prices on this banner are ridiculous. I can do it a touch shorter: Craft +10s and/or TM farm Shantottos instead. That 70K +15 is insanity.

-- TUFFY HELL YES 100 STREAK!! Go spend that 500 on a banner!

Shouta

The devs generally try to keep 15% the highest number you can get from a materia from events. Giving out 20% materia, especially if you can buy multiples of it, would increase the power creep really quickly because you can stack them. Well, not sure if that's the case in Global, but in JP you can stack multiple 15% easily. Everyone gets more powerful then, so they have to adjust the hamster wheel more. It get super sloppy then like how Brave Frontier turned out, lol.

JP just recently gave out an MP 10%/Magic 20% materia as a challenge reward. First time so far as far as I can recall and it's only 1. So the power creep is finally getting to that point.

Lyrian

-- Lyrian that's the best explanation ever for why the prices on this banner are ridiculous. I can do it a touch shorter: Craft +10s and/or TM farm Shantottos instead. That 70K +15 is insanity.

-- TUFFY HELL YES 100 STREAK!! Go spend that 500 on a banner!

Thanks!

Let's flip the question around a bit, to play devil's advocate.

If the materia was instead ATK +15% for 70k karma, (in which the best premium equivalent is a number of TMs with ATK +20% on them currently on Global), would it be worth it then?

Rixa

HEY
I think Orlando is his version of what Chizoro is to Chizuru.

459.jpg

Its Chorizo not Chizoro ;)

honestly pretty freaking jealous of you US players
you can get 5 18k lapis packs for ONLY 375. Here in canada you'd pay freaking 650$ for that.
I hate the shitty CAD

18k is 99.99€ (includes tax) = 107.72$ here. Not sure how screwed Brits are with £...
Is the 99.99$ Tax included if youre paying in state where there is tax to these?

Is there a way to use Amazon App in EU when Amazon is not in your country (atleast not yet)? Ie you need to order stuff from amazon.uk or amazon.de...

Lyrian

The devs generally try to keep 15% the highest number you can get from a materia from events. Giving out 20% materia, especially if you can buy multiples of it, would increase the power creep really quickly because you can stack them. Well, not sure if that's the case in Global, but in JP you can stack multiple 15% easily. Everyone gets more powerful then, so they have to adjust the hamster wheel more. It get super sloppy then like how Brave Frontier turned out, lol.

JP just recently gave out an MP 10%/Magic 20% materia as a challenge reward. First time so far as far as I can recall and it's only 1. So the power creep is finally getting to that point.

That's an excellent point.

Whatever is available for "free" is going to be considered the minimum bar to clear for players in terms of power creep. As such, the F2P power creep should scale up much more slowly than the premium power creep.

If F2P power creep advances too quickly, then yeah, the game becomes a mess as everyone will be expected to deal out eleventy trillion damage constantly because such potential is available.

PAD is an excellent example of this in action. For a game where units originally scored in the thousands or tens of thousands of damage, today in their meta millions (if not tens of millions for endgame) of damage per unit per round is considered baseline.

UrSuLeTzU

Daily pulls and tickets: Shadow, Shadow, Clyne.

I can't complain, given my party, but Elza.

I should get Gungnir today, and I'm close to getting DW and 2x DC. Who do I give DW to if I run Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, Refia, and Kefka*? Kefka for dual-rod glass cannoning? Ramza, if I decide to do something with him OTHER than absorb hits and sing Hero's Rime?

(*Kefka will be soon replaced by 6* Exdeath. I don't always need a tank, but when I do, I use WoL or Cecil whose LB takes WAY TOO LONG TO GRIND WHY NO LB POTS THIS EVENT, Gumi?)

I got a burst pot(300lb) for completing one page of the arena board and I finally took Exdeath to lvl10, time to awaken him to 4*(I have 3 Exdeaths tho) and suffer like G did...

Syntsui

Continue to daily pull hoping I will get, miraculously, an Elza or just wait for Gilgamesh to go crazy for it?

Please convince me to stop spending my lapis x.x

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull - Blue turned into Gold - 2nd Featured unit, 2nd Karl.

Happy about it since i only pulled trash the last couple days.

chrono01

Continue to daily pull hoping I will get, miraculously, an Elza or just wait for Gilgamesh to go crazy for it?

Please convince me to stop spending my lapis x.x
I'm still pulling for her, not going well (4* Edgar and 3* Bedile being my last two :/).

Daily Pull - Blue turned into Gold - 2nd Featured unit, 2nd Karl.

Happy about it since i only pulled trash the last couple days.
At least he's not a Bedile!

Magicalhatz

Neo Member
Daily got me a Locke, which is fine if I didn't already have two.

And I've checked how much runs I've done and got 0 metal god encounters with 26 runs so far, I'm never going to get a metal god at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom