• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but I didn't even know you could run? lol. How do you do it?

Also, last one for now. Often times I go into a story dungeon and then I forget what the Lapis conditions are. Is there any way to view that once you're already in the dungeon? It doesn't seem like it.

The wiki page has been updated and includes the lapis requirements for everything.

Escape is an ability that can be learn by certain units and is the TMR for Paul who is a friend point unit

You can also flee with smoke bombs I believe

Jeffrey

so I don't have infinite whale elza friends, and i can't solo Vagras without a good friend. Does it make sense to keep running the hardest level purely for the higher chance of facing metal god?

mid is better nrg per karma ratio with a low lvl BF friend than high without a bf friend.

Sorry bro

My Elza is going to be stuck in infant land for quite a while

:(

Id love to rush her up for you guys but im not in a position to do so at the moment

Lyrian

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but I didn't even know you could run? lol. How do you do it?

Also, last one for now. Often times I go into a story dungeon and then I forget what the Lapis conditions are. Is there any way to view that once you're already in the dungeon? It doesn't seem like it.

Adding onto the previous posters, the more duplicates you are willing to sacrifice for a TM, the easier obtaining that TM becomes.

-- 1 Unit: 100% TM
-- 2 Units: 47.5 + 47.5 + 5 (sacrificed unit)
-- 3 Units: 30 + 30 + 30 + 10 (sacrifices)
-- 4 Units: 21.3 + 21.2 + 21.3 + 21.2 + 15 (sacrifices)
-- 5 Units: 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 20 (sacrifices)

So, as you can see, TM farming multiple copies of a unit simultaneously and then combining them at the very becomes extremely efficient, assuming that you can live with sacrificing duplicates of that unit.

There's no innate way to run, for some stupid reason. You need an unit with Escape, or much or easily, just bring some Smoke Bombs (trivially purchased from most item shops) to escape from non-boss encounters.

Sadly, the lack of a way to review in-dungeon the mission achievements is really annoying. Half the time, I forget what I was supposed to do (or not do) if the dungeon takes more than a minute or two to complete.

Zalasta

Gah, I'm at 99 consecutive arena wins and I'm terrified I'll crash or run into a whale party.

I usually look for parties that are rank 45 or below. Figure even if they have a lightning or luneth or CoD lead, it's unlikely they will be decked out. Then again I got screwed by a rank 48 party, mostly because they went first like 4 times straight. Good luck!

Sorry bro

My Elza is going to be stuck in infant land for quite a while

:(

Id love to rush her up for you guys but im not in a position to do so at the moment

Honestly, I'd use your Elza just for the 100% bonus regardless of level. I think there are enough of us that can get through the encounter without needing a maxed unit.

scarlet

I won against a whale with 2 DKC, Luneth, Lightning and Refia.

His DKC darkness was my worst nightmare but it also helps me to win!

I usually look for parties that are rank 45 or below. Figure even if they have a lightning or luneth or CoD lead, it's unlikely they will be decked out. Then again I got screwed by a rank 48 party, mostly because they went first like 4 times straight. Good luck!

Honestly, I'd use your Elza just for the 100% bonus regardless of level. I think there are enough of us that can get through the encounter without needing a maxed unit.

Okey dokey

Ill go ahead and set her up

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
CCIE, do the same i did when i started Farming tm: Focus first on making 1 only character super strong, you Will thank me later for doing it. That said, go for that excalibur and Minerva bustier.

I would suggest a slightly different route.

Focus on the TM's that will allow for the biggest gains first. i.e. Double Wield, Doublehand, Dual Cast, Exaculibar level swords, Blade Mastery, Sakaf, etc. Which ever ones you have.

Then per character basis, started with Physical damage dealer, which should mostly be covered already, followed by Magic, Healer, Tank, Support

Focus on the TM's that will allow for the biggest gains first. i.e. Double Wield, Doublehand, Dual Cast, Exaculibar level swords, Blade Mastery, Sakaf, etc.

Then per character basis, started with Physical damage dealer, which should mostly be covered already

This is what I did and I prefer it in every way.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, I've gotten most of the tickets, SQ, all of the scream root, both of the weapons. And I now have 70+ of every 6* awakening mat except for divine crystals. I figure it will be awhile until I can awaken eight more 6* characters, so 40 divine crystals will do.

Should I shoot for the TM Moogle? Or is my time better spent elsewhere. 35000 when you have zero bonus units is a TON. I rely solely on friends list units for that so if I get lucky enough to get some metal gods, the most I can get out of a round is approximately 8K, and I am expecting those to change in the next couple of days - a lot of people will move on and the units for bonus won't be there. I'm thinking we see another exploration event this weekend, but I hope not - need time to catch up, but it is what I expect.

I might just call it quits on the event soon, and catch up with the story. I haven't even started the new island yet. Would like the TM Moogle, but don't want to come up short, and not be able to get it either...

Valentus

Focus on the TM's that will allow for the biggest gains first. i.e. Double Wield, Doublehand, Dual Cast, Exaculibar level swords, Blade Mastery, Sakaf, etc. Which ever ones you have.

Then per character basis, started with Physical damage dealer, which should mostly be covered already, followed by Magic, Healer, Tank, Support

1 full tm'd character can Crush in a blink 5 halfway tm'd characters

Zalasta

As if the metal gods encounter rate isn't bad enough already, the real salt in the wound is getting only 1 karma chest out of the fights preceding Vargas. Thank you for being so stingy!

Rixa

Well. It really depends what units one have. I mean I have made 2 Excaliburs already but Iam not using them cause don't have the units who would benefit. Cause no Dual Wield...

Maybe one day.

Valentus

Well. It really depends what units one have. I mean I have made 2 Excaliburs already but Iam not using them cause don't have the units who would benefit. Cause no Dual Wield...

Maybe one day.

Throw those 7 moogles (9 if you end in top 3000 in arena at the end of month) on gilgamesh

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

The best TMs are for physical damage anyways in the current state. So they'll be the focusing point regardless. Only one that isn't is Dualcast, but those are near infinite use and can improve healer, tank, support, and mage.

But something like having two characters with Dual wield will be far better than just one character with it and the same one with Black Cowl. You'll see an overly greater gain this way over picking up another 10ATK on one, in comparison to double you're attack on another. Even if the total is lower, exponentially the gain on the lower one will make up for the loss on the higher one. I.E. 450ATK + 550ATK vs 350ATK + 565ATK.

I agree with the sentiment of maxing out one character, only after the big gains are done. And I would push towards maxing out a physical damage unit first, since they are definitely the bread and butter of the title.

Man, I get your view of this and respect it but their is no wrong way to play the game. Is one fully TM'd unit going to be better than 5 half? Sure..kind of...but let's be honest here does it really matter at this point? By the time the "hard" stuff comes if you are a TM grinder you should have multiple OP as shit units anyway. Not that it matters but I tend to destroy full on whale pvp teams in the arena with my half TM'd group. /shrug

Edit: I should mention after getting the great TM's like DW/DC/DH (If it's all you have) then yes I would focus on one unit at a time.

CCIE

Banned
Going Valentus route, I am going to farm Excalibur, and 2xCeles for my Lightning. Now the only question is what to do with the last two slots

I have 2xGarnet to get 50% resistance to elements when stacked with Bustier. That would make Lightning a DW CoD-substitute

I could farm 2xShantotto for MAG +30% - I have eight of her, and intend to do them in pairs

I could farm DC, and start on something else like Ultima. Or start with Arc toward the rod, and add two more when the Bustier is done. I'm thinking I might do that

Of the following

Cecil, 2xCeles, Ludmille, and Arc ( Adding the other two in when the Bustier is done )
Cecil, 2xCeles, 2xGarnet

Which of those two options sounds better?

Wish I had Zidane to make this decision easier

tariniel

Wow, Tilith x2 and friend Elza with 3 metal gods: 3192 + 7980.

Please happen more often! That makes 10 metal gods in about 56-57 runs for me.

Also my first TM team all hit the 70-80% range. So close...

Zalasta

How do I increase my ratio in the Arena? Don't lose?

You don't. Ratio is just a measure of the difference between your # in the arena vs. your opponent's #. So higher # party will give you a higher ratio (and thus more points for win). Lower # party give you a lower ratio. That is also why everyone close to you have a ratio of 1.0. Someone posted a formula earlier of how ratio works as a multiplier.

Broseybrose

Important question...

How do you make the esper gauge fill more quickly in order to complete some of the missions in Lanzelt? I usually beat all the monsters before I can fill the gauge.

I think I figured it out. I just unequipped my guys so they would have to fight longer ;)

Syntsui

Guys.... Holy shit, please tell me this is not true.

I didn't spend a single arena ticket, had literally dozens of them stored. But I upgraded the table, and now... My tickets are all gone!!! WTF??????

Did this happen to anyone else??? I can't believe this is something that can actually happen. I lost dozens of them, DOZENS.

Rixa

I didn't spend a single arena ticket, had literally dozens of them stored. But I upgraded the table, and now... My tickets are all gone!!! WTF??????

Did this happen to anyone else??? I can't believe this is something that can actually happen. I lost dozens of them, DOZENS.

Which tickets? Rare summon tix or Arena tix?

Have you restarted app?

H3xum

So if I have a Bartz and a Chiz both around the same TM%, who would you dump trust moogles in?

I don't have a Garland nor any other physical attacker with the exception of a 2nd Chiz and a BCL. All the rest of my squad is basically mages

Syntsui

Which tickets? Rare summon tix or Arena tix?

Have you restarted app?
Arena Tickets , I didnt spend a single one of them. I had all the ones possible stored. Them O upgraded the table and bought some more with the rest of the points I had. Then I decided to do a multi pull with all I had and it shows I only have 4.

I suppose reseting the table without spending them resets them? Because I'm 100% I didn't spend them and I should have more than 10+

that has to be a bug

like what?

c-murph

No idea

All I know is that If I beat high ratio teams I get more sweet sweet loot

Though honestly you dont need to beat the best of the best...

Your ratio to yourself? Irrelevant.

Your ratio to yourself is always 1.00. You = You

What matters is the ratio of the opponents you face, up to 1.50 per fight.

You don't. Ratio is just a measure of the difference between your # in the arena vs. your opponent's #. So higher # party will give you a higher ratio (and thus more points for win). Lower # party give you a lower ratio. That is also why everyone close to you have a ratio of 1.0. Someone posted a formula earlier of how ratio works as a multiplier.

Ah, gatcha. Thanks guys.

I've been usually good destroying everything. I think I really only have like two losses. Most of my losses are game crashes.

Lyrian

Important question...

How do you make the esper gauge fill more quickly in order to complete some of the missions in Lanzelt? I usually beat all the monsters before I can fill the gauge.

I think I figured it out. I just unequipped my guys so they would have to fight longer ;)

1) Use a Summoner who has summoning haste (Rydia/Garnet)
2) Bring a unit with Entrust to fill the Summoner's LB bar.
3) Single target each mob on each wave to stall as long as possible.
4) Heal the enemy to buy extra turns.
5) Reduce your damage output per turn to buy time.

Lyrian

Arena Tickets , I didnt spend a single one of them. I had all the ones possible stored. Them O upgraded the table and bought some more with the rest of the points I had. Then I decided to do a multi pull with all I had and it shows I only have 4.

I suppose reseting the table without spending them resets them? Because I'm 100% I didn't spend them and I should have more than 10+

Stupid question..... Did you go and pull the tickets out of your mailbox? You have to do that before you are allowed to spend them.

Broseybrose

1) Use a Summoner who has summoning haste (Rydia/Garnet)
2) Bring a unit with Entrust to fill the Summoner's LB bar.
3) Single target each mob on each wave to stall as long as possible.
4) Heal the enemy to buy extra turns.
5) Reduce your damage output per turn to buy time.

Got it. Thanks a lot!

#4 definitely never occurred to me.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Agree that you have to focus on TM'ing your best unit first, the only caveat being that you have to TM with what you actually have. I couldn't TM for DualWield because I didn't have Zidane until last night, so I focused on Rising Sun and Excalibur.

My current priorities:

-- Dual Wield
-- Rising Sun
-- DualCast
-- Mag +30
-- Barrage

After that I'm looking at Minerva Buster, stacking +30 MAGs, and on and on. YES max out your best unit first, but you gotta roll with what you got if you're not a whale.

Syntsui

Stupid question..... Did you go and pull the tickets out of your mailbox? You have to do that before you are allowed to spend them.
Yes, I've redeemed every single one of them.

I should have all the 12 arena tickets from the first table + 4 arena tickets I just redeemed from the second table.

I went to the summoning screen to do a multi pull and it says I have 6 tickets. It should display 16. WTF. I don't know if it's a graphical glitch that doesn't show the dozens but now I'm afraid to even spend them. I'm thinking about contacting their support before.

Lyrian

I don't know if it's a graphical glitch that doesn't show the dozens but now I'm afraid to even spend them. I'm thinking about contacting their support before.

That's entirely possible.

I've burning them as fast as I claim them (people like pulling, who knew?), so I can't acknowledge or verify the graphical issue, if present. Perhaps someone else in the community can validate the potential issue who has 10+ tickets stockpiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom