• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Because 3 tix for 3600 shards isn't worth it.

Really? Three tickets is worth 3 Daily pulls(750 Lapis) or 1500 Lapis depending on the banner. That is potentially every single Lapis you earn from dailies for a month.

For what? Having to farm for 2 or 3 days? I would argue I think it's a bit foolish not take advantage of any opportunity they provide, unless you're okay with spending money. If you want to spend just the last week alone. Something like 5 runs a day on elite will get you all 3. This means an additional 2 runs outside the daily.

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian,

I have a policy that I quit daily pulls once I have two characters from the banner, and possibly another if I really want it. I got two Alma's and Gaf, and quit this banner days ago. I will definitely be spending a few tickets in search of Ramza and Agrias on Friday

Really? Three tickets is worth 3 Daily pulls(750 Lapis) or 1500 Lapis depending on the banner. That is potentially every single Lapis you earn from dailies for a month.

For what? Having to farm for 2 or 3 days?

Yes, and this is just my opinion as someone that has every future proof unit in the game so far 3 tickets are no way in hell worth 3 days of constantly doing that dungeon. If you are still missing a lot of units I could see how it might be worth it but burning myself out of an event for 3 tickets just doesn't seem like the thing to do. I would much prefer to use that extra time farming the exploration for Megacite/Crysts to help build Hero Rings and pump up my Espers.

H3xum

Colosseum ADV C-3 Boss is slaughtering me.

He's the ogre.

Cecil - Provoke
Lenna - Cheer
Chiz/Butz - Barage
Kefka - Try to blind but I am about 0-20 so I just end up Hyperdriving

Even with Cecil tanking every hit (4x physical each round from Ogre) and Cecil/Lenna healing, I end up losing someone by the 3rd/4th round and I am then doomed.

Helps

CCIE

Banned
H3xum - you have any additional mages? Ogre is extremely resistant to physical attacks if I remember correctly. Used my event team to take him down

bonkeng

He's the ogre.

Cecil - Provoke
Lenna - Cheer
Chiz/Butz - Barage

Even with Cecil tanking every hit (4x physical each round from Ogre) and Cecil/Lenna healing, I end up losing someone by the 3rd/4th round and I am then doomed.

Helps

I just Fullbreak and spam 4 barrages. Didn't even need cheer.

What other units do you have?

H3xum

H3xum - you have any additional mages? Ogre is extremely resistant to physical attacks if I remember correctly. Used my event team to take him down

I just Fullbreak and spam 4 barrages. Didn't even need cheer.

What other units do you have?

I do not have a full break unit. I guess I have a maxed Leo who has some breaks?

I do however have another maxed level Kefka and a max Tellah for some cheese mage strat?

bonkeng

I do not have a full break unit. I guess I have a maxed Leo who has some breaks?

I do however have another maxed level Kefka and a max Tellah for some cheese mage strat?

Try and replace Cecil with Leo. Leo's better than Cecil currently anyway.

And depending on your equipments, your Bartz might be underpowered. So sub him with Tellah.

H3xum

Try and replace Cecil with Leo. Leo's better than Cecil currently anyway.

And depending on your equipments, your Bartz might be underpowered. So sub him with Tellah.

Will try the tank swap.

Bartz has Enhancer, 2x Hyper Wrist and Tiger Mask. I guess I could make him a Black Belt Gi.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yes, and this is just my opinion as someone that has every future proof unit in the game so far 3 tickets are no way in hell worth 3 days of constantly doing that dungeon. If you are still missing a lot of units I could see how it might be worth it but burning myself out of an event for 3 tickets just doesn't seem like the thing to do. I would much prefer to use that extra time farming the exploration for Megacite/Crysts to help build Hero Rings and pump up my Espers.

You don't need to spend them now. I'm pretty much content character wise too. I don't have a lot of the future proof characters, but I don't need anything currently. I'm saving for the eventually FFBF banner for hopefully Tilith, which will probably be following after this one.

Followed by the FFIII which will have Refia, Luneth, and Arc. Arc is still ranked the highest 5* character in JPN, due to having Dual Cast innate + a TM that provides one of the highest amounts for a Staff. That's probably 3 months off, but typically you do want to plan ahead.

If you want to avoid paying money, You are going to have to take advantage of the chances they give you. It may seem like a bit of a grind, but honestly. It's not that bad. I'm using it as a chance to also level up several other characters like my 2nd Kefka, Goblez, Garland, etc. It's a good chance for me to kill two birds with one stone. And while I'll agree the ADV is fantastic for Megas, I do get some every day from my two dailies for exploration.

CCIE

Banned
Shintoki has it right IMO ... I am pulling for Agrias and Ramza this next week, then I will pull in the hopes of Hope, Snow, or Lightning for FFXIII. I will try for Cecil on FF4 banner, and the FF3 banner is the big one. Refia, Luneth, and Arc are all the prizes.

I save my tickets for when I am chasing four star bases I want like Agrias, Hope, Snow, Refia, or even 3*'s like Arc or Cecil. If I get a five star base that would be great as well. But tickets are gold. If I didn't have enough saved up I wouldn't have pulled my Charlotte

Lyrian

He's the ogre.

Cecil - Provoke
Lenna - Cheer
Chiz/Butz - Barage

Helps

Have whoever has Ifrit equipped Power Break the ogre. Taunt with Cecil, Lenna should be able to keep up on heals at that point.

tariniel

Anyone know if Nox is fixed now that the Android update removed some of the extra permissions? I have 250 Lapis on it held hostage that I'd like to use at least.

Today's daily was Bedile. Haven't got a single banner unit yet :(

Lyrian

Lyrian,

I have a policy that I quit daily pulls once I have two characters from the banner, and possibly another if I really want it. I got two Alma's and Gaf, and quit this banner days ago. I will definitely be spending a few tickets in search of Ramza and Agrias on Friday

My standing policy is to stop when I have all the 3* base units, unless there is really a desirable 4* unit in the pool. 5*s are ignored.

Might consider throwing some tickets at the next banner, as the overall units are better in the second half of the event.

You don't need to spend them now. I'm pretty much content character wise too. I don't have a lot of the future proof characters, but I don't need anything currently. I'm saving for the eventually FFBF banner for hopefully Tilith, which will probably be following after this one.

Followed by the FFIII which will have Refia, Luneth, and Arc. Arc is still ranked the highest 5* character in JPN, due to having Dual Cast innate + a TM that provides one of the highest amounts for a Staff. That's probably 3 months off, but typically you do want to plan ahead.

Again I can see the use for them, but they aren't worth the effort in my opinion. Different people are going to put a different value on things in the game. I would much prefer Lapis to tickets as an 11 pull is a much better chance at pulling something useful than a ticket pull. If the event wasn't boring as hell or need concentration for blizzaga chains or you got more Shards per run I would probably think differently. For instance I thought the tickets for the mogcakes event was well worth it because I could blindly run the event while doing other things. For this event the first 2 tiers of tickets are fine but I just can't see a time/value ratio where 540ish NRG is worth 3 tickets....sorry.

CCIE

Banned
Tariniel, install Memu since you are obviously using a PC. It will have your 250 lapis as well - any Android based emulator will

Lyrian

Anyone know if Nox is fixed now that the Android update removed some of the extra permissions? I have 250 Lapis on it held hostage that I'd like to use at least.

Reddit says no in today's client update :/

I'm wondering if the difference between MEmu working and Nox not working is that MEMu can emulate Lollipop (version 5), while Nox is stuck on KitKat (4.4). KitKat may be too old to properly recognize the permissions correctly.

tuffymon

Huh, I thought it was known that you could chain any magic... it was just easier if they were all the same spell for timing purposes >.>; I've done firaga/blizzaga > fira > fire

I mean if someone is a bonafide whale, I can see why tickets may not seem all that attractive, specifically becsause there is no doubt that they are expensive as fuck for the energy required.

Why not have extra pulls though? That one ticket might just be your Orlandu or EMPEROR SAMA

Valentus

He's the ogre.

Cecil - Provoke
Lenna - Cheer
Chiz/Butz - Barage

Helps

what are your other units? Have you tried the entrust-cecil LB combo?

I mean if someone is a bonafide whale, I can see why tickets may not seem all that attractive, specifically becsause there is no doubt that they are expensive as fuck for the energy required.

Why not have extra pulls though? That one ticket might just be your Orlandu or EMPEROR SAMA

Ermagherd let's stop with the conversation. I said why I don't think they are worth it lol...some people find vaule in things others don't it's that simple. Let's move on!!!

Considering how hard the content is starting to get I definitely want as many dupes of good TM units as possible to fast track the process.

Alma is worth pulling for

Chinner

Banned
Is there anyway to make chaining magic chains easy? I can beat elite if i do it perfectly. If I'm out by half a second I get wrecked.

ExVicis

Alright, after getting all the Star Quarts and most of the tickets I've finally gone back and put the sword in the oven, a few more runs and I'll have the Shield started too.

tuffymon

Maxing Lightning is a long path, should have grinding more Gigantuars.

Boy ain't this the truth...

Btw, it feels like its been a really long time since we've had a friend point boost / cactuar fp summon event...

lucky~ I only got it 1x T.T My road started from 83, up to 85.

Is there anyway to make chaining magic chains easy? I can beat elite if i do it perfectly. If I'm out by half a second I get wrecked.

The timing isnt hard. Just fast tap in the right order

Order is the MOST important. You want to go from weakest caster to strongest

Hitting repeat wont get the job done unless you have a full team of 300+ MAG units

Chinner

Banned
The timing isnt hard. Just fast tap in the right order

Order is the MOST important. You want to go from weakest caster to strongest

Hitting repeat wont get the job done unless you have a full team of 300+ MAG units
That's what I've been doing, but it doesn't all register my taps and then it's ruined :(

H3xum

That's what I've been doing, but it doesn't all register my taps and then it's ruined :(

I have this problem and it gets me pretty routinely. I have super weird cold hands most of the time, regardless of how warm the rest of my body is.

So I miss taps and panic

Also: I beat the C-3 boss by subbing Leo and using Power/Armor break + Tellah in for Bartz for the Raise. So thanks for the tips erryone

Lyrian

Thats just a nice combo thats been used in the past. Just Like sacrifice bartz combo.

Anyway, tip for C-5 boss: CHAIN THUNDAGA THE SHIT OUT THAT ORTHOS WANNABE

Good to know, thanks!

Will get there in a few more hours.

So... much... rank ... xp... How do you hold all of these constant high-level rank ups?

Maxing Lightning is a long path, should have grinding more Gigantuars.

Definitely a slog. It's a little cruel they didn't offer 100 Gigantuars this event, but did during the last one. I always just hope one of those whales on my friends list pop up when I'm doing a run so I can do it solo for the exp.

H3xum

I think all things considered, I am going to 6* my Bartz first because he and Chiz are my only respectable physical damage dealers.

I really need to pull more damage.

I have 2x max Kefkas at around 300 dmg, a Tellah around the same and the rest are tanks/healers and worse yet no Full Breakers.

I should have probably gone in hard on the lightening banner.

robotuw

He's the ogre.

Cecil - Provoke
Lenna - Cheer
Chiz/Butz - Barage

Helps

I don't have full break either and he was wreaking me. Poison was what made it possible for me. Had bio blade on most of my units then just provoked and defended with Leo. I think I was hyperdriving him too but the poison did 90% of the work.

Zalasta

The only 6* Lightning on my FL has ~448 attack (dual wield enhancer and murasame). Is that good enough to run elite regularly with 3 (or 4) blizzaga mages? I do not have a full break user or Sarah (the only FP unit I can't seem to pull) for the 6th spot.

bonkeng

The only 6* Lightning on my FL has ~448 attack (dual wield enhancer and murasame). Is that good enough to run elite regularly with 3 (or 4) blizzaga mages? I do not have a full break user or Sarah (the only FP unit I can't seem to pull) for the 6th spot.

Yes you should be able to clear ELT with that.

But just make sure you chain your Blizzagas.

If you need more Lightning friend, I'll free a spot for you.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heyo, so if it wasn't quite clear just yet from my sporadic 'days since last login' both pre- and post-Lightning, I'm dropping Exvius. Just in case people needed one more space on their friends list and/or was waiting for Wee Lightning to grow up into Dedly Lightning.

Will still post from time to time since I do have an interest in how the game's progressing.

Sorry<3

Kouriozan

I'm so desperate I'm currently feeding her FP units, pls send help x)
Will still post from time to time since I do have an interest in how the game's progressing.

Sorry<3
Don't be sorry, you would probably get all top units without even trying.

I think all things considered, I am going to 6* my Bartz first because he and Chiz are my only respectable physical damage dealers.

I really need to pull more damage.

I have 2x max Kefkas at around 300 dmg, a Tellah around the same and the rest are tanks/healers and worse yet no Full Breakers.

I should have probably gone in hard on the lightening banner.

Im wary to go full Physical after this colloseum and recent events

Its like all the content is being built to counter physical units. 6 Star lightning being the exception

Im really tempted to do an 11 pull to shoot for Delita.

I have yet to do one and worst case scenario i get more Almas

I dunno. I also want to go hard for Ramza and Agrias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom