• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really tempted to do an 11 pull to shoot for Delita.

I have yet to do one and worst case scenario i get more Almas

I dunno. I also want to go hard for Ramza and Agrias

I went ahead and did one. 3 Almas for a total of 4 now. No Gaff which I was shooting for since I won't chase a 5* anymore.

H3xum

Does anyone back up their iPhone data? I don't have a linked FB and want to back it up with some program. Or will my user code be enough?

ExVicis

Yeah I really want Agrias cuz

- Shes awesome and I love her

- I need a FB unit

- Did I say she was amazing?

I agree so much. Ramza would be nice but I'm a fan of every single character in the upcoming banner. I'll take Ramza, Agrias, Mustado, whoever. Just give them all to me.

Wouldn't mind pulling for Ramza but Agrias is the real star for me, precious TM!!!

I will def pull for Agrias...I want at least 1 Mustadio as well but I'm sure I will get 10 of him because....reasons. Is Agrias STQ better than Excalibur? I guess the Light element of Exc could eff you in certain fights but otherwise it seems superior.

Razmos

You are all Ramza this and Agrias that, and I'm over here saying "please give me 5 Mustadio for that TM" lol

Also whoever has 6* Lightning on my friends list with Man Eater from Diabolos is a God damn hero.

Also wouldn't grinding be so much easier if the repeat button queued up your previous actions rather than using them straight away?

You are all Ramza this and Agrias that, and I'm over here saying "please give me 5 Mustadio for that TM" lol

Also whoever has 6* Lightning on my friends list with Man Eater from Diabolos is a God damn hero.

Also wouldn't grinding be so much easier if the repeat button queued up your previous actions rather than using them straight away?

Right!

Those of you who snagged Lightning and put her with 6 star and Diabolos are my heroes right now

I will def pull for Agrias...I want at least 1 Mustadio as well but I'm sure I will get 10 of him because....reasons. Is Agrias STQ better than Excalibur? I guess the Light element of Exc could eff you in certain fights but otherwise it seems superior.

By no means is Save the Queen a "better" GS than Excalibur but its a nice companion for Dual Wielding. The fact that it has auto-protect is awesome as well!

Lyrian

Im wary to go full Physical after this colloseum and recent events

Its like all the content is being built to counter physical units. 6 Star lightning being the exception

The Colosseum is really showcasing this. Mighty frustrating to take physical units into a fight an not even achieve four digits of damage per hit, even with exploiting a weakness.

That said, I would argue that this is really just setting the "minimum acceptable power creep bar" at 6* units. To push people to chase those 6* units, encounters need to be set at a level where even tricked out 5*s aren't sufficient to clear that content.

Via MAG+10% stacking and hero rings, 5* mages can somewhat clear the bar for now via elemental chaining. Physical units can't achieve this because ATK+10% stacking isn't a thing yet (next island I believe?). Dual wield + TMs can clear the bar for now, but that's a really narrow nice currently.

I think, moving into ADV-B tier and higher, the need for a 6* true tank is going to be necessary as the power creep bar continues to move higher and eventually only a top-tier, top-geared tank is going to be the only way to survive a hit from an enemy each round (See C-3 Ogre for a preview of this concept in action).

Great for tanks though Id almost prefer Shining Splendor/Counter combo for a high chance of inflicting Blind

Most assuredly! Though I suppose depending on composition, there are better abilities to fill those slots with!

I wonder if farming the ADV Vortex Exploration is better for Megacite farming than the Phantom Forest despite the massive cost.

Razmos

Speaking of tanks, Clyne's TM is Cover. Would equipping Cover as an ability stack with the Passive Cover of a natural tank character, increasing the chances of blocking an attack for an ally?

And if that could stack with the Cover from the Golem esper too, wouldn't that triple the chance?

Speaking of tanks, Clyne's TM is Cover. Would equipping Cover as an ability stack with the Passive Cover of a natural tank character, increasing the chances of blocking an attack for an ally?

And if that could stack with the Cover from the Golem esper too, wouldn't that triple the chance?

I have no idea!

I imagine it would right? Since its a percentage?

Muku

Does anyone back up their iPhone data? I don't have a linked FB and want to back it up with some program. Or will my user code be enough?

I'm curious about this as well. Because in the end it may be my only salvation, depending on how support responds.

Also, this morning, praise RNGesus, I got an Exdeath. Now I can start to bulid an actual caster group. My current leader is Kefka since I took out Garland to build up Exdeath a bit while PRO farming. This is going to be nice to have an Exdeath. Now I just need a WoL...

Coppanuva

The Colosseum is really showcasing this. Mighty frustrating to take physical units into a fight an not even achieve four digits of damage per hit, even with exploiting a weakness.

That said, I would argue that this is really just setting the "minimum acceptable power creep bar" at 6* units. To push people to chase those 6* units, encounters need to be set at a level where even tricked out 5*s aren't sufficient to clear that content.

Via MAG+10% stacking and hero rings, 5* mages can somewhat clear the bar for now via elemental chaining. Physical units can't achieve this because ATK+10% stacking isn't a thing yet (next island I believe?). Dual wield + TMs can clear the bar for now, but that's a really narrow nice currently.

I think, moving into ADV-B tier and higher, the need for a 6* true tank is going to be necessary as the power creep bar continues to move higher and eventually only a top-tier, top-geared tank is going to be the only way to survive a hit from an enemy each round (See C-3 Ogre for a preview of this concept in action).

Yeah I keep trying to decide whether I'm going to TM grind physical or mag items. I'm leaning towards Magic just cause they've been more useful in events (also Exdeath/Kefka are probably my highest DPS units atm).

I'm curious about this as well. Because in the end it may be my only salvation, depending on how support responds.

Also, this morning, praise RNGesus, I got an Exdeath. Now I can start to bulid an actual caster group. My current leader is Kefka since I took out Garland to build up Exdeath a bit while PRO farming. This is going to be nice to have an Exdeath. Now I just need a WoL...

Grats!!!

Yeah I keep trying to decide whether I'm going to TM grind physical or mag items. I'm leaning towards Magic just cause they've been more useful in events (also Exdeath/Kefka are probably my highest DPS units atm).

See its times like these that Im gonna keep a close eye on the SCIENCE team

Garnet/Rydia could become MVP's

Im gonna build a summoning monster once I snag the Auto Limits from my CoDs. Still weeks away though :/

This fucking event is killing at least two weeks worth of TM farming ; ;

Yeah Im slightly irritated

At least now I am honing in on whats actually important

Crush Armor is the only materia that is worth a damn and its not like Im pulling a Delita anytime soon. Would be nice to hold onto in case I get really lucky though

Valentus

It should stack but you wont figure out because cover has only 5% chance of activation, so the difference with and without cover would be unperceptive

desverger

Looks like I'm way overshooting the grind at the moment. There's literally 9 days left of this event and I'm sitting at 10k total auracite collected at the moment. I need around 1,3k more for everything sans the awakening materials.

Think I'll moderate myself a little and stick to doing 1k per day from now on, and spend the rest on the explorations from this event, which yield a silly amount of magicite. This should still grant me one set of awakening materials and a healthy amount of magicite.

ExVicis

Part of me wants to get Ramza's materia as well but I just don't know if its worth it...
You don't want a Suit of Bravery? I kind of do.

Anyways Escutcheon is in the oven now too. I've gotten all the one-time items I wanted that I can get. It's just 1863 Auracite for tickets now and I'm done with this event.
Jesus that's still a lot of runs left.

You don't want a Suit of Bravery? I kind of do.

Anyways Escutcheon is in the oven now too. I've gotten all the one-time items I wanted that I can get. It's just 1863 Auracite for tickets now and I'm done with this event.
Jesus that's still a lot of runs left.

No I don't mean his TM, I mean his exclusive materia you can purchase from the Mog King lol

No I don't mean his TM, I mean his exclusive materia you can purchase from the Mog King lol

I was originally going to get both of Delita/Ramza's because why not...but now that I'm thinking about it that is basically 120 runs of this place...I just don't think I have it in me to do it that many more times.

Edit: I will probably just use the extra to get those extra 3 tickets I wasn't going to get at this point since I already have the Shards.

Muku

So, despite their lack of Fb connection support (i.e. What to do and what not to do) on their shitty ass FAQ, support told me FB connection is a one done thing. They cannot unconnect it. At end of email I was like do NOT tell me to make an additional account. So they told me to make another one.

I was think of putting something into it after all the time I've put in, but now? Hell no. I hate mobile games because they have some of the shittiest support ever. And you shouldnt be required to connect it to a social media either. Either way, if anything happens to my file I guess I will be done done.

Edit: Swear my phone is on an auto correct rampage today.

Been meaning to ask for awhile, but what buffs stack or don't stack? I'm familiar with record keeper, does it work just like that?

For example, does cheer stack with protectga?

Also, with debuffs, does full break get overwritten if you use a regular break? Curious about Lightnings lighting debuff too. I used libra on an enemy after the move but didn't see their thunder resist element changed (was still at 0)

I was originally going to get both of Delita/Ramza's because why not...but now that I'm thinking about it that is basically 120 runs of this place...I just don't think I have it in me to do it that many more times.

Edit: I will probably just use the extra to get those extra 3 tickets I wasn't going to get at this point since I already have the Shards.

Yeah Im just staring at 6k required for Ramza's and I'm like fucking hell...

Think I might just get another set or so of 6* awakening materials and call it a day since I have everything else.

So, despite their lack of Fb connection support (i.e. What to do and what not to do) on their shitty ass FAQ, support told me FB connection is a one done thing. They cannot unconnect it. At end of email I was like do NOT tell me to make an additional account. So they told me to make another one.

I was think of putting something into it after all the time I've put in, but now? Hell no. I hate mobile games because they have some of the shittiest support ever. And you shouldnt be required to connect it to a social media either. Either way, if anything happens to my file I guess I will be done done.

Edit: Swear my phone is on an auto correct rampage today.

Whoa, what happened!

Shouta

It's about equal, all things considered. STQ has lower attack but auto-protect is very nice for fights where you can't be bothered to waste a turn using the spell or a buff. There aren't many Light element weapons which is why Excalibur is rated pretty high though. Only one off the top of my head is the event weapon Durandal.

CCIE

Banned
Agrias TM is important to me because I haven't pulled a Cecil yet. And she's just plain awesome. I'm focusing on 6* mats now, and I'm not worrying about Delita/Ramza exclusive materia. Unless I pull Ramza next week by some happy coincidence

Valentus

Been meaning to ask for awhile, but what buffs stack or don't stack? I'm familiar with record keeper, does it work just like that?

For example, does cheer stack with protectga?

Also, with debuffs, does full break get overwritten if you use a regular break? Curious about Lightnings lighting debuff too. I used libra on an enemy after the move but didn't see their thunder resist element changed (was still at 0)

so far as i read:

- Cover SHOULD stack (but we dont know how to prove it because cover is only 5% chance)
- Passive Status modifier stack (multiple materias or innate abilities)
- Killer abilities stack on innate-materia-equip (you cant equip 2 same killer-materias)

- Active status modifiers dont stack (Shell + Focus), in fact, they overwrite (if you cast focus and then you cast shell on a target, it overwrites focus 40% SPR to shell's 20% SPR).To make more simple: every ability that gets you the same modifier icon on your character or enemy overwrites.

leehom

I wonder if kungpao ran out of money. He usually does a video of pulls every new banner, but hasn't done one with the current banner.

kevyward

Alright my first lightning has been awaken to 6*, should I grind the material to awaken my second lightning and run 2 lightnings instead of Chiz?

And does anyone know how much crystal I need to grind to make the katana from the event?

CCIE

Banned
Well my ALT account definitely is not close to as strong as my PRI is - nothing usually gets a turn on that account ... Nothing funnier than seeing Lightning confused, then she proceeds to take out your entire party! She did manage to take out the bad guys as well, but seriously

- Active status modifiers dont stack (Shell + Focus), in fact, they overwrite (if you cast focus and then you cast shell on a target, it overwrites focus 40% SPR to shell's 20% SPR).To make more simple: every ability that gets you the same modifier icon on your character or enemy overwrites.
I thought this wasn't the case. I remember reading that whichever the strongest one is, that one will be active for it's duration.

Ex: 5* Cecil casts a maxed out Moon's Protection, granting +59% DEF/SPR for 3 turns, and then 5* Lenna casts Cheer, granting +40% ATK/DEF for 3 turns, on the turn after. The buffs would be:
Turn 1: +59% DEF, +59% SPR
Turn 2: +59% DEF, +59% SPR, +40% ATK
Turn 3: +59% DEF, +59% SPR, +40% ATK
Turn 4: +40% DEF, +40% ATK

Kouriozan

Finally level 100, I don't look forward to do that leveling again soon x)

OHPaJW2l.jpg

Currently have 3 open slots.

Valentus

I thought this wasn't the case. I remember reading that whichever the strongest one is, that one will be active for it's duration.

Ex: 5* Cecil casts a maxed out Moon's Protection, granting +59% DEF/SPR for 3 turns, and then 5* Lenna casts Cheer, granting +40% ATK/DEF for 3 turns, on the turn after. The buffs would be:
Turn 1: +59% DEF, +59% SPR
Turn 2: +59% DEF, +59% SPR, +40% ATK
Turn 3: +59% DEF, +59% SPR, +40% ATK
Turn 4: +40% DEF, +40% ATK

If it's Alim we are talking about, then this kind of mechanics should be identical as brave frontier (but, like i said, i havent proved it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom