• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have a helper solo A Champion Ablaze Or is it too hard?? Wondering if there's any way I'll be able to clear it before the event ends.

Same question for Crystal Tower - ELT. I cleared PRO but haven't tried ELT yet

I have 5* cecil and 4* Refia for buffs and cures, aside from that everyone else would just be there for items

Are either of these possible?

Is it possible to have a helper solo A Champion Ablaze Or is it too hard?? Wondering if there's any way I'll be able to clear it before the event ends.

Same question for Crystal Tower - ELT.

I have 5* cecil and 4* Refia for buffs and cures, aside from that everyone else would just be there for items

An Elza with dual wield can carry A Champion Ablaze with a little support. Crystal Tower elite would probably be tougher and depends on if you have a unit with fullbreak for a friend unit to carry.

Dammit, I have an AMD processor haha So frustrated with emulators, so much TM farm time down the drain. Just like you, zero issues before this last update and that was on lower settings than what I have set right now. I look forward to your findings and if I don't comment on your post tomorrow due to being busy, PM me if you find success!

On a brighter note, I remembered right before fighting the Antlion for a third farm run that you only need two blood alcrysts....so Blood Sword get! About to pop that on WoL since that weapon is just straight up made for tanks (and DKC).

I've ignored the hell out of this event after trying it twice with low yields and it's allowed me to focus on knocking out the latest story content and then starting over to knock out missions. The result...by far the most lapis I've ever had at one time haha Nice amount of tickets too. I will be so ready for Orlandu or Tidus when they hit! Soon more new story content for even more lapis!

As for a new banner or not, I'd prefer they burn through them to get to the one I want but at the same time, more time means more free lapis so I'm ok either way.

Running experiments with various Nox settings at the moment

Got a "nox launcher has stopped" error on one run. Not sure what that means since the emulator just kept on running in the background

Currently running some settings that i believe tonbe stable but i wont know for sure until tomorrow

tuffymon

Same question for Crystal Tower - ELT. I cleared PRO but haven't tried ELT yet

I don't know your full setup, but shoot a code and I'll invite, my CoD might be able to solo the ELT tower (especially if it's still nerfed), you'd just need to bring smoke bombs to run away from dragons etc (this is assuming its still nerfed).

I don't know your full setup, but shoot a code and I'll invite, my CoD might be able to solo the ELT tower (especially if it's still nerfed), you'd just need to bring smoke bombs to run away from dragons etc (this is assuming its still nerfed).

I managed to clear champion ablaze although i had to continue once. No biggie since i got 500 lapis at the end.

Still would like to try crystal tower elt

EDarkness

can you do a friend summon for the daily quest?

think ill pass on doing 1/2 summons for a while.

You can. Friend Summons work just as well for the daily quest.

I've been limiting myself to only the daily summon and the last few days have been fairly crappy. I got Firion the day before yesterday. This was cool because I didn't have him originally. Yesterday got Vivi and today I got a gold but it turned out to be Cline. Ugh. Nothing good and still no banner units. I've given up on that and I doubt I'll get lucky since most of the gold crystals I get are trolls.

I also think this event sucks and I hope they do better next time. There's so much luck involved that it's just not all that fun. Though, it is fun watching Valentus' Elza pretty much do the whole event by herself. Heh, heh.

chrono01

I know the candy corn event was similar, resource-wise, since while we received a ton of candy, the items were more expensive to off-set that. The BF event, on the other hand, you get a lot less currency from (unless you bring BF characters with you, and hit 1-3 Metal Gods which happens rarely) but the items are cheaper.

Personally, I preferred the candy corn event, since at least the rate-of-gain was constant, and it didn't feel like my time (and energy) was being wasted. Running the BF event over and over again, and receiving 300 (give-or-take) karma from each run, is just depressing.

I know, in theory, the BF event should feel like less of a grind, but that's only if you get especially lucky with Metal God spawns. Unfortunately, their rate-of-appearance have decreased drastically since I received my first BF character (and BF characters on my Friend List became more common), so I have a long grind ahead of me. :(

Edit: Slightly off-topic, but this event kind of made me interested in playing Brave Frontier again, but then I remembered all of the stuff they've added since I left (and how intimidating it would all be), and I've decided against it.

Lyrian

Yes, but gumi is doing Mog King - Exploration - Mog King - Exploration...

And the current event is a mog king event, so the logic is that next is a exploration event, and the closest one is FFV.

Maybe gumi wont release any batch at all this week and fuck all of us.

I'm all in for no banner + maze. We need to breath a little bit, too much content.

In 2 weeks is black friday, i dont think gumi will pass this oportunity. Even i think them mad enough to make a Lightning-Ramza-DKC-Delita banner xD

My 2 gil on this:

Black Friday is the last Friday of the month, which means that's when the next major content push should happen. But, being a holiday, that might get pushed up to Wednesday. Can't seem Gumi passing up a Black Friday opportunity.

Also, if that is true, I don't think Gumi can add new content in mid-event? Server downtimes for major content are always when an event ends.

BF ends right on schedule, end of day Thanksgiving. It would be silly if new content is coming to push something new right before then.

So, some kind of filler (such as the Maze) would be likely to show up Monday - Thursday after the standard weekend Vortex (isn't is Cactaur Dunes this weekend?).

Lyrian

I know the candy corn event was similar, resource-wise, since while we received a ton of candy, the items were more expensive to off-set that. The BF event, on the other hand, you get a lot less currency from (unless you bring BF characters with you, and hit 1-3 Metal Gods which happens rarely) but the items are cheaper.

Personally, I preferred the candy corn event, since at least the rate-of-gain was constant, and it didn't feel like my time (and energy) was being wasted. Running the BF event over and over again, and receiving 300 (give-or-take) karma from each run, is just depressing.

The proper terminology here is to say that the variance of the output per run is far too wide to be satisfying.

Corn runs had a predictable output per run. In BF, the variance is huge from the expected average (like a corn run), both positive and negative. But primarily, the skew of variances is slanted hard to the negative side, which tends to make the rewards for each run highly unsatisfying.

Muku

I know, in theory, the BF event should feel like less of a grind, but that's only if you get especially lucky with Metal God spawns. Unfortunately, their rate-of-appearance have decreased drastically since I received my first BF character (and BF characters on my Friend List became more common), so I have a long grind ahead of me. :(

Edit: Slightly off-topic, but this event kind of made me interested in playing Brave Frontier again, but then I remembered all of the stuff they've added since I left (and how intimidating it would all be), and I've decided against it.

You have to get lucky twice, minimum. First is the Metal God spawns. Second is being able to actually pull a damn character from this banner. ALL THE YELLOWS I'VE GOTTEN ARE TROLOLOLS.

scarlet

I have this theory that the more BF units you bring. The less metal gods you see.

Lyrian

Accidentally hit claim all, damn it.

There goes last week's energy potion stockpile.

At least I got my first metal gods to show up all day from that, a triple. That's one more metal god than I've had each of the last two days.

Now at 18 metal gods out of 97 runs, within the tolerance for a dead average set of 100 runs.

Celegus

I have this theory that the more BF units you bring. The less metal gods you see.

I'm on board with that. I don't have any myself (this banner is all kinds of awful for me) but I've gotten way more metal gods than pretty much anyone else here (32 in 90 runs). Already got the equipment, 6* mats, SQ, most of the tickets and have 40k right now. Probably gonna grab the moogle and then some of the materias if I get more.

chrono01

The proper terminology here is to say that the variance of the output per run is far too wide to be satisfying.

Corn runs had a predictable output per run. In BF, the variance is huge from the expected average (like a corn run), both positive and negative. But primarily, the skew of variances is slanted hard to the negative side, which tends to make the rewards for each run highly unsatisfying.
That's a much better way to word what I said, haha.

You have to get lucky twice, minimum. First is the Metal God spawns. Second is being able to actually pull a damn character from this banner. ALL THE YELLOWS I'VE GOTTEN ARE TROLOLOLS.
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of troll gold crystals with this banner, if Reddit and other forums (as well as NeoGAF itself) are to be believed. :(

It's a crazy theory, but considering how many more Metal Gods I saw when I was with a BF units, it's frighteningly accurate.

Lyrian

That's a much better way to word what I said, haha.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of troll gold crystals with this banner, if Reddit and other forums (as well as NeoGAF itself) are to be believed. :(

Can you take a wild guess on what topic I was tutoring tonight, lol?

Lots of troll golds because the hit rate for the banner is only 10% instead of the usual 30%. As a result, there is a lot more room for troll golds to happen than on a normal featured banner.

CCIE

Banned
Damnit... 73 wins streak in the Arena wiped out by a crash. Never getting that trophy until Gumi can fix the crashes...

chrono01

Can you take a wild guess on what topic I was tutoring tonight, lol?

Lots of troll golds because the hit rate for the banner is only 10% instead of the usual 30%. As a result, there is a lot more room for troll golds to happen than on a normal featured banner.
I'm going to guess something related to numbers and probability. Just a wild guess!

Celegus

Damnit... 73 wins streak in the Arena wiped out by a crash. Never getting that trophy until Gumi can fix the crashes...

Arggghhhhhglglglglglllll

First my 86 wins down the toilet because of a crash, just now my 44 is right there with it. FIX YO CRAP GUMI

How the heck am I supposed to get in the top 3000 like this?!

I tried but he used meteor at 50% and wiped my whole party instantly :( oh well

Muku

I tried but he used meteor at 50% and wiped my whole party instantly :( oh well

Second round is Meteor if I recall right. You defend that round. Did you defend?

Also curious is it still bugged or whatever? Or did they jack it up again?

I had to go through that crap several times. I got in after maint last week when it became much easier. Also had a freshly minted 100 Luneth and 100 CoD to roflstomp his ass with guest Lightning.

Second round is Meteor if I recall right. You defend that round. Did you defend?

Also curious is it still bugged or whatever? Or did they jack it up again?

I had to go through that crap several times. I got in after maint last week when it became much easier. Also had a freshly minted 100 Luneth and 100 CoD to roflstomp his ass with guest Lightning.

No i had no idea what he was gonna do lol, guess I should have read up. I'll try again tomorrow. What would be the strongest attack to use for Cloud of Darkness? I was using the one that hits 4 times and doing ~120k / round

Muku

No i had no idea what he was gonna do lol, guess I should have read up. I'll try again tomorrow. What would be the strongest attack to use for Cloud of Darkness? I was using the one that hits 4 times and doing ~90k / round

That would be Barrage and that is your best bet. Do you have anyone with Cheer?

A katana-wielding samurai of great strength who served her master with undying loyalty by cultivating both body and spirit. After Chizuru retired from her duties, she married a ninja in the service of her lord and master, giving birth to both a son and a daughter. Sadly, due to strife within her clan, she lost her daughter to the shadows, filling her with grief until the end of her days.

Yo what the heck, poor Chizzy.

chrono01

Arggghhhhhglglglglglllll

First my 86 wins down the toilet because of a crash, just now my 44 is right there with it. FIX YO CRAP GUMI

I'm so sorry. :(

I just hit 100 wins, and I thought this was going to be me. So incredibly stressful. I wish you both luck in climbing back up the ranks, they definitely need to fix the crashing error.

Muku

Is it worth getting another Earring? Or are there going to be more interesting Star Quartz items soon?

Edit: Also, is Kain that great at cap 5*? Right now My group on my alt account consists of 6* Lv91 Cecil, 6* Lv95 Delita, and 5* Lv59 Refia. I have mats to push up to 6* when she gets to that point. I've got a max 4* Kefka and max 4* Kain. I'm going to work on Kefka, but not right now. Focusing on Arc at the moment. Just got Arc to 5*. Also just got Ingus to 5*. Is Kain worth it? Just wondering if I should be a little more caster heavy with Kefka + Arc or if I should choose one caster and keep Kain. I'm not impressed with Kain so far... so I'm kind of wondering if he gets better. I hate Dragoons and jumps. ;_; Esp if his killers don't kick in.

Pejo

Oh my goooooooood. I got my moogle from the current event tonight, then started grinding out the last 1.8% I needed to get my Dual Wield. 54 NRG and 1 full refresh later I'm at .2% from TM. What kind of fuckery is this.

Also, god bless you Rixa for actually doing TM grind manually. This is something I never...ever want to do again. And that's for less than 2%. So many rounds of earth shrine with NONE of the units gaining a single .1%. It's maddening.

across

Arggghhhhhglglglglglllll

Just got my 94 streak wiped out by a crash. Maybe sharing will ease someone's pain :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom