• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

That pull...really taking La-pis out of you.

Sorry man. :/

It's a wonderful thing. Don't change who you are, not for anybody!

That being said, could I have one of your 6*? You know, the one you like the least. I am not difficult to please.

Nice wordplay. Except for Murph, though. That pull is straight nightmare fuel.

Thanks. I'd rather be genuine (and annoying chatty whole trying to be helpful) than be someone fake. The outside world is a whole other matter though. Meh.

Gacha game limitations are the worst, by design. :/

Why would anyone even argued against them? Anything that saves you time in a gatcha game is top tier. Not everyone can refill NRG and enjoy a free existence.

Short short version in an attempt not to resurrect the demilich of an undead horse from the first thread on this:

In the very early days of global launch, the Reddit community was very one-sided in their logical assessment of everything in the game. This short-sightedness shows up in the ratings on Exvius Wiki in pretty much everything (rating of everything is based on their/its ability to kill things in the fastest/most destructive manner possible against the current best/most powerful way known to annihilate said opponent). The Growth Egg is rated among the very worst rated TMs on the site because it didn't directly kill things.

The admission that some possible utility items might be beneficial is a huge step for them. I'm fairly impressed. That said, the discussion about the crafting ATK +10% materia that should be showing up next week goes right back to their original short-sightedness. One step forward, one step back.

do growth eggs stack additively of multiplicatively?

Additively, unfortunately. (As Azuran stated)

1 Growth Egg = permanent battle "Great Success" 1.5x
2 Growth Eggs = permanent battle "Amazing Success" 2x

Lyrian

1.5 and 2X bonus isnt too shabby though

Damn now I want two growth eggs

Taking Refia through DF with 1 egg for my two daily explorations = ~190K XP for 26 EN. Not too shabby at all.

If I ever get out of Brave Frontier hell, I've got my 2nd egg ready to be farmed on my next TM team.

Syrus

Banned
Got burst pot from arena grid completion. 3 star Cecil bumped to level 9 LB awakened to 5 star , need more cactaurs!!!

Im stoked about 9 LB , that makes 6 star give 59% atk def spr I believe

c-murph

I have one. Working on my Second Medius. Feeding him all my TM Mogs. Sitting at 40% right meow. Should get another at the end of the month... and another from the event. 60%. Maybe one from the next event and Arena Ranking. 80%?

They really help out though. Got my Refia and Elza up to Lv.100 in a morning with refreshes.

bonkeng

oh so dual weild combines weapons and stats?

but then why does lightnings damage very so much when doing blitzes with two different weapons?

guess I was mistaken then

No, it doesn't combine stats when attacking, only elements.

Let's say Lightning has 500 atk including passives and armors, before any weapons are equipped.

If Lightning equips Excalibur and Chiji, her attack would then be 1st(500+120) then 2nd(500+80). And both attacks would have Light+Fire elements.

If a target is weak to both elements, the -resist would be averaged between both elements, not added. Perfect example of this is the Pumkin Rider, with -50% Light Resist and -20% Fire Resist. Lightning would deal more damage if Chiji is replaced with a nonfire elemental weapons like Splendor Gungnir or Enhancer, as Chiji would bring down Element Bonus atk to 35%(50+20 divided by 2) for both attacks, instead of 50% bonus.

Same elements also do not stack, if you have 2 Excaliburs, it's still 50% Light element, not 100%.

Celegus

Downside of moving up in rank is that those sweet 1.50s go away :/

I'm lucky if I see anyone in the 1.3 range anymore.

That's odd... it looks like I'm above you in the overall ranking and I get 4 or 5 1.50s pretty much every round to choose from.

Eidjinn

Can someone help me with a few TM farming/Team building doubts?

My team right now (all maxed): CoD, Cecil, Kefka, Refia and Arc(or Vann).
My bench (almost all of them maxed): Exdeath, CoD (6x), Vaan(3x), Terra, Tilith, Leo, Celes, Garnet, Tellah, Golbez, Charlotte, Karl, Ludmille, Kain, Locke(2x) and a few other units.

The thing is: I think the power gap between me and most of the GAF users are very, very wide. Not only that, but i don't think I'm quite prepared for future content. Hell, I'm taking quite a beating from some of those special bosses (although I could actually win the fights... barely, but won)!

I got Dual Wield, but that's it. I think Maxwell will be a crazy good unit for me, as I just don't have any other power hitter, aside CoD. So, what tm's should I focus more?

I'm thinking that with Maxwell very close, I might be able to get him, and equip him with Dual Wield and Excalibur. Or should I focus on double cast and Arc's rod?
Or maybe get Celes' Minerva Buster and focus entirely on CoD and TM's related to her, like Locke?

My TM team right now: Locke, Locke, Ludmille, Kefka and Celes.

Can someone help me with a few TM farming/Team building doubts?

My team right now (all maxed): CoD, Cecil, Kefka, Refia and Arc.
My bench (almost all of them maxed): Exdeath, CoD (6x), Vaan(3x), Terra, Tilith, Leo, Celes, Garnet, Tellah, Golbez, Charlotte, Karl, Ludmille, Kain, Locke and a few other units.

The thing is: I think the power gap between me and most of the GAF users are very, very wide. Not only that, but i don't think I'm quite prepared for future content. Hell, I'm taking quite a beating from some of those special bosses (although I could actually win the fights... barely, but won)!

I got Dual Wield, but that's it. I think Maxwell will be a crazy good unit for me, as I just don't have any other power hitter, aside CoD. So, what tm's should I focus more?

I'm thinking that with Maxwell very close, I might be able to get him, and equip him with Dual Wield and Excalibur. Or should I focus on double cast and Arc's rod?
Or maybe get Celes' Miberva Buster and focus entirely on CoD?

So definitely focus on CoD for now. Try to TM Lock and give her Dual Wield i guess?

Cecil and Refia are locks. Then Use Arc or Kefka for Mage DPS for now until Exdeath gets his upgrade

All you need next is a supplimental Damage dealer so Maxwell will work here but the issue is we have no idea how long before she gets her 6 star upgrade. You could always get a second CoD up and running i suppose?

Double cast should take priority along with Rising sun for CoD and Arcs rod after that I would say

Celegus

So what's the deal with Tilith's equipment? Does she learn how to use a weapon at 6* or do we need some equip-weapon materia? Or is she still good even without a weapon? I managed to get her with a ticket today, first banner unit finally but I'm done with it after tomorrow's daily.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I lost my first match. By 159 Streak

My refusal to have a esuna person finally did not pay off. Luneth got put to sleep -_-

On the plus side. 1 more S.Crystal and I can awaken TilithChan

Unless you plan to do a lot of leveling through farming(Low EN, High Exp), I'd still agree with the common consensus from Reddit. The expectancy of the item having use is far from the actual cost in energy. Using Adv Exp as the basis of 30k Exp for one unit and one friendly carry.

In terms of energy costs(Going from 1 to 100 with one unit), the sacrifice is
1 Unit - 667 Runs of Adv
2 Units combined - 317 runs of Adv
3 Units - 200 Runs
4 Units - 144 Runs
5 Units - 107 Runs.

So even at the base line cheapest way to get a single growth egg(5 Medius Merged), you're giving up 107 runs of Adv Vortex, or to say 3,200,000 Million Exp. Before you can get a single return from it. So, theoretically, you need 2x that to hit the break even point from the initial cost, or 6,400,000 mil Exp. Putting that into energy costs, the initial 107 Runs given up + the 214 runs required to break even. 321 Runs of Exp Adv., or 4815 units of energy.

That's a very poor baseline for an investment. It would be akin to taking 4.8 characters from 1 6* to 100 6*, before you're out of the black.

unrealist

No, it doesn't combine stats when attacking, only elements.

Let's say Lightning has 500 atk including passives and armors, before any weapons are equipped.

If Lightning equips Excalibur and Chiji, her attack would then be 1st(500+120) then 2nd(500+80). And both attacks would have Light+Fire elements.

If a target is weak to both elements, the -resist would be averaged between both elements, not added. Perfect example of this is the Pumkin Rider, with -50% Light Resist and -20% Fire Resist. Lightning would deal more damage if Chiji is replaced with a nonfire elemental weapons like Splendor Gungnir or Enhancer, as Chiji would bring down Element Bonus atk to 35%(50+20 divided by 2) for both attacks, instead of 50% bonus.

Same elements also do not stack, if you have 2 Excaliburs, it's still 50% Light element, not 100%.

Does this mean the man-eater bonus on a single deathbringer will be applied on both strikes (if dualwielding deathbringer + another weapon)?

NomarTyme

So what's the deal with Tilith's equipment? Does she learn how to use a weapon at 6* or do we need some equip-weapon materia? Or is she still good even without a weapon? I managed to get her with a ticket today, first banner unit finally but I'm done with it after tomorrow's daily.

Pretty much. Maybe a Heavy shield materia. She needs no stinking equipments!

Also Please Gumi... give us 6 star Maxwell.... be nice!

Eidjinn

So definitely focus on CoD for now. Try to TM Lock and give her Dual Wield i guess?

Cecil and Refia are locks. Then Use Arc or Kefka for Mage DPS for now until Exdeath gets his upgrade

All you need next is a supplimental Damage dealer so Maxwell will work here but the issue is we have no idea how long before she gets her 6 star upgrade. You could always get a second CoD up and running i suppose?

Double cast should take priority along with Rising sun for CoD and Arcs rod after that I would say

The thing about Maxwell not being a 6 might be a problem!

Thanks for the analysis!

Lyrian

That's a very poor baseline for an investment. It would be akin to taking 4.8 characters from 1 6* to 100 6*, before you're out of the black.

Going to focus on your conclusion here.

So, you're telling me that over the lifetime of the game, a player won't ever raise 5 characters to 6* max?

Think about that for a minute. Seriously. No, really.

That's a highly illogical assertion to present for a gacha game. Solid analysis, flawed conclusion. Not everything has to be a short-term investment. Long-term investments do exist (albeit uncommonly) in gacha games.

scarlet

1. Didn't see metal gods
2. Complained on GAF
3. Saw metal gods.
4. Shared it on GAf.
5. Didn't see metal gods again.

The vicious cycle.

Update from my last pulls
I decided to do pull one more 11 pulls
and finally got refia( got her to 6*)

Decide to try my luck on the BF banner and a glimpse of 5* crystal looms
Its........ another FKING Luneth

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Going to snip out all of this and focus on your conclusion.

So, you're telling me that over the lifetime of the game, a player won't ever raise 5 characters to 6* max?

Think about that for a minute. Seriously. No, really.

That's a highly illogical assertion to present for a gacha game.

I'm saying that it is on par with raising 5 characters solely through Adv Exp. Going at a one by one pace for the optimized route.

Nor with how the game has been developing leveling(The Exp Runs with Adv Vortex are less popular, in comparison to waiting for Cactur Dunes, Mog Events, Maze, etc, where the Egg does not get any benefit from). It's usefulness as only decreased. So, until you hit that level of running Vortex some 321 times with an sole character and egg. I will stand by my statement of saying it's a poor investment choice of a TM due game mechanics favoring events over general XP runs, time, energy costs.

The only place I see it really achieving the efficiency you're looking for is for Explorations runs where you can maximize Exp Gain to Energy. Since the gains will be much higher, an additional 30k for 10-12NRG vs 15k for 15NRG,

Muku

Yup. Metal gods have forsaken me today as well.

Me as well. Not sure what I should be buying next. Wanted to be done in first week, but there jerks are going to DRAG IT ON. Not like I have a unit from this banner either. I purposely friend pulled this morning. Now I have crazy urge before change over to want to pull daily lapis one anyway .... arggghh!

Thinking of replacing Kain in my alt accounts main group with Black Cat Lid once I get her up a bit.

Lyrian

I'm saying that it is on par with raising 5 characters solely through Adv Exp. Going at a one by one pace for the optimized route.

Nor with how the game has been developing leveling(The Exp Runs with Adv Vortex are less popular, in comparison to waiting for Cactur Dunes, Mog Events, Maze, etc, where the Egg does not get any benefit from). It's usefulness as only decreased.

Adv Exp is the worst-case scenario, at +15k exp per egg per run.

Most everyone takes units on carries through Maranda or DF, which are +30 - 31k per egg per run and much more efficient per EN spent (of course there is a time investment involved here.)

I could also say the Egg is useless once a unit is max leveled, because it no longer generates xp for a unit.

The Egg is a tool, like anything else, is situational towards achieving a goal. I could say that Excalibur's usefulness is decreased when fighting Cecil in the Arena or anything with light resistance. Doesn't make it bad. But like anything else, there is a time and a place for it because it is a tool to achieve a goal.

Jeffrey

That mixed feeling when you are happy that you see 3 metal gods, and sad that you picked a lightning friend by accident instead of elza.

FF13 always bringing the disappointments.

Muku

That mixed feeling when you are happy that you see 3 metal gods, and sad that you picked a lightning friend by accident instead of elza.

FF13 always bringing the disappointments.

Aww, that's awful. I'm sorry. :(

Random question, is it worth keeping two Lennas or just merging one into other. Just wondering if two staves in end would be worth it or not.

tuffymon

Why karma grind right now? Do story missions or TMR until Maxwell comes out. At least your mind would get to take a break in the worst case scenario, and best case you have a Maxwell to bring for an extra 100% (or 25% more etc whatevers).

Nirran

Man trying to do Elt crystal tower with a carry before the event ends isn't going so well. Meteor takes my entire party out except the helper which is half dead and usually the next attack does me in. Have to try again tomorrow and see where that gets me since it's the last day before it expires. Plus side is I've farmed almost enough karma from the second BF level to awaken Elza to 6* once she caps in 16 levels.

Rixa

Hey guys check out this wonderful pull I did!

y4YoUOj.png

Now I have 90 Lapis left... Can probably get another 1000 from mission that I have left. Use that for Dailies then I'm out for Tilith and Gumi wins.

o_O 3 Edgars, rarest of the max 4* unit. What a sucky pull :/

Short short version in an attempt not to resurrect the demilich of an undead horse from the first thread on this:

I have 2 Medius. Do I bother to grind them is the next question :D.

Muku

o_O 3 Edgars, rarest of the max 4* unit. What a sucky pull :/

I have 2 Medius. Do I bother to grind them is the next question :D.

I would take them all. I would line them up. I would tell them we are going on a friend trip. I would take them to Miranda Coast.
I would then drown them in the order they lined up.

KeRaSh

Arena chain is at 98! Two more safe fights and them I can give some Lightnings/Luneths/Elzas a run for their money. I'm safely hovering in the 10k - 15k ranks. Not going to bother with the 3k tier as long as I can definitely stay sub 30k.
I got pretty much everything I wanted from the event so I'll go back to nightly TM farming.
I'll keep playing manually during the day to stay competitive in Arena, though.

Rixa

Taken from Reddit: Should You Pull

Reddit said:
Offensively, Cloud of Darkness brings Barrage and Call of the Void (Single target 210% dark physical damage ignore 25% DEF -- this normalizes to a 280% DMG ability.)

In most situations you'll be better off using Barrage, but if, let's say hypothetically, there was a boss soon with -100% Dark Resist and you wanted to Max(well) your damage against them, Call of the Void would be equal to a 560% DMG ability before Man-Eaters. If you factored in her Man-Eaters this will do the same damage against a human target with -100% Dark resist as a 1260% DMG ability would without the passives or element. Not too shabby.

I need my 2nd CoD to 100 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom