• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew ok so reading up on global strategies

Looks like ill need to set up rydia and have Ramza entrust or something

Maxwell just stacks power the longer you let the fight go.

Sounds like if you break/disease her and go all out you can likely clear the fight quickly

Its surviving the evoke diabolos that seems rough

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whew ok so reading up on global strategies

Looks like ill need to set up rydia and have Ramza entrust or something

Maxwell just stacks power the longer you let the fight go.

Sounds like if you break/disease her and go all out you can likely clear the fight quickly

Its surviving the evoke diabolos that seems rough

Can you post some of the strategies ? Dont know if i should try to level up Arc or a 2nd CoD instead. Read first that physical dmg dealers are bad for her...but yet most teams rock Elza,CoD and co. lol

CCIE

Banned
Damn Metal Gods - Haven't seen one in three days now, but I only need 3000 Karma, and I can be done with the event. Have 13K of the 16K I need for the 2 materia.

I'll do it the hard way - should finish today. So it sounds like I need to bring Refia and Cecil with me to the Maxwell fight. My problem is no Dark units, other than Friend units

I'm thinking Cecil, Refia, Lightning, ExDeath, and Arc. Then Valentus or Zera's unit. Heal, dispel every round. May replace ExDeath with Agrias if FB actually works

Damn Metal Gods - Haven't seen one in three days now, but I only need 3000 Karma, and I can be done with the event. Have 13K of the 16K I need for the 2 materia.

I'll do it the hard way - should finish today. So it sounds like I need to bring Refia and Cecil with me to the Maxwell fight. My problem is no Dark units, other than Friend units

I'm thinking Cecil, Refia, Lightning, ExDeath, and Arc. Then Valentus or Zera's unit. Heal, dispel every round. May replace ExDeath with Agrias if FB actually works

Yeah i havent seen one in two days. Im wondering if there is a limit to how many you can get or something

I mean this much bad luck? Thankfully i dont need them or this event anymore

Best of luck to the rest of you

Xion86

Woohoo! Just unlocked the "Test your luck at winning 100 times in the Arena without the application crashing" Trophy! :D

Also I got my first banner unit from the daily pull!! :D
Gold - Karl

Xion86

What a great start to the day for me :p. Should help me get a few more of the items I want from the Mog Shop sooner. I'm going to take on higher people in the Arena now too..

Zidane is 99%!! Argh...really want that Dual Wield for CoD.

Syntsui

I wonder if Edgar will ever be useful again. Now that we are done with the colosseum and only ridiculous powerful bosses are to come, I fear his niche is over.

I shouldn't have wasted materials I'm maxing 3 of them, really not worth it.

CCIE

Banned
I have to do the other trial for the rod before tomorrow. Just regular attacks against the Cactuar, right? Any elemental weapons? Have Lightning and ExDeath to take out bombs. Is the last boss weak to anything?

I have to do the other trial for the rod before tomorrow. Just regular attacks against the Cactuar, right? Any elemental weapons? Have Lightning and ExDeath to take out bombs. Is the last boss weak to anything?

Actually, the easiest way to take out the Cactuar is to toss 1 or 2 void vessels at him. Insta-kill.

Syntsui

Don't have those... or the recipe to make them
Take a little bit more than half of his health, then use frag bombs with every single unit on the next turn.

Use normal attacks and pray he doesn't use 10k needles after you take more than 50% of his health.

CCIE

Banned
I'm trying not to be overconfident, but I figure with Refia this should be pretty easy. Especially if I take Nomidor or Zera along

Whales

Banned
is there supposed to be an update?

woke up and my tm script was broken, and I launched the game on mobile but had nothing to download. Did my script mess up by myself or there was a maint?

Syntsui

woke up and my tm script was broken, and I launched the game on mobile but had nothing to download. Did my script mess up by myself or there was a maint?
There was a maintenance, but nothing was updated yet it seems. Tomorrow there should be a download.

Maintenance yeah

Broke mine to but i expect that on Thursdays

Btw Nox has been pretty stable for me lately.

Holy crap.
Just looked at my metal god ratio.

Currently, I've killed Vargas 81 times, and I've defeated 10 metal gods. But those have been split up between 5 fights (one three god, three two god, and a one god fight). So that's 5 metal god fights in 81 runs. If my math serves me correctly, that's a 6% chance for metal god enemy with each run.

That's frickin' ridiculous for an event. I only need 3,000 more karma to get all of the cheap 6* mats and I'm done. At my current rate of karma, that should only be ~6 more runs. Ugh.

CCIE

Banned
Actually, I will take Bonkeng's Lightning. With her, my own Lightning, and two ExDeath make short work of the trial I think. Especially with Refia to heal

Sounds good - only issue i checked and im out of Sacred Crystals :-/
Need like 15-20 now....is INT still the best to run for them ?

That or Pro

I mean... Its all rng but max you can get from INT is about 1-3 a run while max from Pro is like 1-5?

They seem about the same except pro give 5 star upgrade mats. I dunno man i think the rates work out the same either way

Kouriozan

I bought absolutely everything from the King now + all the mats for 6* Bartz and Exdeath x2.
Would be nice to get the FF5 event next week.

For the trial tomorrow I'll probably play it safe with Refia/Tilith (buff elemental resist)/Cecil (Diabolos)/CoD/Lightning.

I bought absolutely everything from the King now + all the mats for 6* Bartz and Exdeath x2.
Would be nice to get the FF5 event next week.

For the trial tomorrow I'll probably play it safe with Refia/Tilith (buff elemental resist)/Cecil (Diabolos)/CoD/Lightning.

Im going CoD/Luneth/Cecil/Ramza/Refia

Friend summon an Elza or something. I might swap in my Elza if i get her ready in time.

H3xum

I feel like I will not stand a chance in this trial

I'll bring my Max Refia/Cecil and then maybe Agrias for FB but beyond that I am looking at my Chiz and Arc or BCL to carry the load with a friend unit.

Not too hopeful

CCIE

Banned
This weekend I am all about Cactuar Dunes... have to max Arc, and finish off leveling Bartz (six more levels for Barrage). Then on Monday, I am collecting SC again, the Maxwell trial, and I will finally begin Olderian...
For the Maxwell trial, I am currently thinking of using Lightning (FL Lightning), Cecil, Refia, Arc, and ExDeath
Manual chains to take the boss down as quickly as possible..
Refia to cure/dispel, and Cecil to Dispel/Focus. I should be able to chain seven element attacks per round that way

I'm thinking the next event will be FFXIII, so we are back on track with the normal release schedule. If it is FFV though I will be ready, with Bartz and two ExDeath's ready to level.

What an EPIC Arena Battle... Three Lightnings, Elza, and Luneth. First round, I do some heavy damage with fire blitz chained to Firaga's, then they come back and take out both of my ExDeath's and Refia in round one. I'm like, holy crap I'm screwed. Second round, all I have left is Cecil and Lightning. Cecil heals, Lightning ice blitz - Thank God one of the Lightning units goes down. They come back in the end of the second round and take out Cecil, who is defending my only offensive unit left. Start of the third round, my Lightning, against Elza, Luneth, and two Lightnings. Say screw it, ice blitz and ALL of the opposing units except for Luneth go down. Then it is two rounds of Luneth vs. Lightning. My Lightning's evade wins me the day...

I thought I was screwed for sure...

Rixa

I'll bring my Max Refia/Cecil and then maybe Agrias for FB but beyond that I am looking at my Chiz and Arc or BCL to carry the load with a friend unit.

Not too hopeful

I can offer quite good Refia for my friends, if they lack good healer but has great units otherwise.
(Are we friends?)

Not too hopeful

Yeah if she doesnt get adjusted its gonna be a tough fight

Dispel, cheer, focus, BREAKS, etc.. All builds and ability choices on deck for this one

Defending might also be a priority on certain rounds and maybe have Cecil on dispel duty since he can likely survive darn near everything

H3xum

I can offer quite good Refia for my friends, if they lack good healer but has great units otherwise.
(Are we friends?)

You are kind, however, the above dmg units (Chiz, Arc and BCL) are about all I'm working with unless Kefka would be worth bringing for chaining. Bartz isn't going to cut it and I have somehow not pulled a banner unit this week/and I am the only person playing since Beta that doesn't have a CoD.

No, I don't believe we are friends. 575.893.219 tho if anyone is interested. I swap between my Refia (330ish SPR and MP) and my Chiz (330ish attk) as my lead

You are kind, however, the above dmg units (Chiz, Arc and BCL) are about all I'm working with unless Kefka would be worth bringing for chaining. Bartz isn't going to cut it and I have somehow not pulled a banner unit this week/and I am the only person playing since Beta that doesn't have a CoD.

No, I don't believe we are friends. 575.893.219 tho if anyone is interested. I swap between my Refia (330ish SPR and MP) and my Chiz (330ish attk) as my lead

I could see Kefkas Hyperdrive being useful since people are claiming that Maxwell is high def and low spr

Wont know for sure until we can all get in there

Rixa

Kicked one idle slacker (13 days, nongafer) away and tossed fr to you. My leader at the moment is Karl. But Ill swap it to Refia when I have done the Maxwell dungeon.

Cause its a one enemy dungeon Ill slap Shiva to Refia (since no fire damage).
Screenshot_20161116-114543.png

15% HP is swapped to Guardian of Authority.

Rokuren

Maxwell seems like it may be a hard fight. Probably going to focus on getting Refia to 100 and trying to get the last 10% on dual cast before giving it a shot.

Syntsui

Maxwell seems like it may be a hard fight. Probably going to focus on getting Refia to 100 and trying to get the last 10% on dual cast before giving it a shot.
That's exactly what I'm going to do too lol. Leveling Cecils' LB is also lagging me way too much on content. That motherfucker.

I eagerly await the strategies for the new trial and probably won't jump in until someone figures out a solid path towards getting Maxwell. I have decent units right now, but only Cecil and Refia at 6* and outside of a killer friend unit I doubt I'll be able to tackle it without some kind of vetted strategy.

I'll probably farm the Cactuar Dunes this weekend, since I'm hoping to pull a decent physical attack unit in the next banner (fat chance). If nothing else, it would be great to have a bunch on hand for when the 6* upgrades roll out for Bartz and Exdeath. Otherwise, all of my current units are maxed, thankfully.

Rokuren

That's exactly what I'm going to do too lol. Leveling Cecils' LB is also lagging me way too much on content. That motherfucker.
Yeah, I just threw my hands in the air and said stronger lb pots will level it eventually. Cecil at 6* has been so useful

I eagerly await the strategies for the new trial and probably won't jump in until someone figures out a solid path towards getting Maxwell. I have decent units right now, but only Cecil and Refia at 6* and outside of a killer friend unit I doubt I'll be able to tackle it without some kind of vetted strategy.

I'll probably farm the Cactuar Dunes this weekend, since I'm hoping to pull a decent physical attack unit in the next banner (fat chance). If nothing else, it would be great to have a bunch on hand for when the 6* upgrades roll out for Bartz and Exdeath. Otherwise, all of my current units are maxed, thankfully.

From what i have read the self buffs and long volleys that increase in intensity each turn are the scary parts.

I need to see how each turn plays out but dispel and breaks are going to be essential for survival among other things

Whales

Banned
I mean, Valentus's Elza was going 140k per hit against vargas. Thats 6x140k damage... Unless maxwell has ridiculous defense she dies in 2 turns lol

Valentus

it will be fun watching all those kids posting that they choose a friend OP unit with excalibur equipped xD

Also, lol too at nobody talking about building their elemental resistance (CoD and Tilith) because almost all maxwell's attacks are holy based.

The best way to go that trial is:

Elza
Elza Friend
WoL/Ingus/Vaan
Tilith
Garnet
Another non-holy DPS (Kain, Chizuru, Luneth, CoD...)

Full Break / Tilith Elemental Protection / attack normally until garnet fills the summon gauge.
Launch Diablos
Ravaging Blow
Game over

windfish

don't have a good feeling about fighting Maxwell tommorrow.
I have both Refia and Tilith but both of them are still 4*, only 10 Cactuars left and 5 sacred crystals missing before I can even think about awakening one of them to 5*. Dual Cast still miles away...
No Garnet, no other healer except for my trusty maxed Cecil...
hopefully maxed CoD, Luneth plus 5* ExDeath, Kefka or Agrias can form a somewhat competetive team :/
pls let there be nerf...

CCIE

Banned
Valentus - I don't have Tilith, and CoD isn't ready for this trial - no decent weapon so I'm not leveling her yet. I'm just going to take some OP friend unit, focus on defense, breaks, and dispel, and magic chaining every damned round

It's my only decent shot. First though, I have to beat the Demon boss today with Bonkeng's Lightning

Valentus

CCIE, dont waste your sanity. Use the dunes to build your COD and when she's ready, go for maxwell.

Also if you have a garnet, build that garnet too.

windfish, WoL and Cecil have an advantage here because their innate holy resistance (50%), that plus CoD 30% resistance skill, thats 80% holy resistance for Cecil and WoL

Guys if you need to burn lapis on refills tonget units ready with Cactuars

Do it

A guaranteed free 5 star base it worth it for an new or F2play player

CCIE

Banned
I have Garnet. How does she help? And I guess I should level CoD this weekend instead of Arc. Damn. Really wanted to level him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom