• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

I have Garnet. How does she help? And I guess I should level CoD this weekend instead of Arc. Damn. Really wanted to level him.

You need to summon diabolos to get the maxwell unit reward at the end of the fight.

If you want to end the fight faster and summon diabolos, garnet is your best shot.

CCIE

Banned
Okay... How about Refia, Garnet, CoD, Lightning, and Cecil? I could conceivably have CoD ready by the end of the weekend
Or Refia, Garnet, Lightning, Arc, and Cecil... with OP Friend unit

Okay... How about Refia, Garnet, CoD, Lightning, and Cecil? I could conceivably have CoD ready by the end of the weekend

Pair that with Valentus Elza and hopefully should be doable

:/ good luck

Valentus

Then make sure you bring a op attacking unit... preference an Elza or a Donkey Kong. You can try that setup and use cecil with provoke all the time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Guess ill have to level and evolve my Rydia now too....lol.

My main team will be CoD,Refia,WoL,Chiz ...+ Friend Elza...i have one spot left - was thinking of 2nd CoD or now Rydia. Would have to level and evolve both of them.
That or Pro

I mean... Its all rng but max you can get from INT is about 1-3 a run while max from Pro is like 1-5?

They seem about the same except pro give 5 star upgrade mats. I dunno man i think the rates work out the same either way

Thanks - i did 6 INT runs and got 6 Sacred Crystals in total. Seems okay to me....i will try 3x Pro runs later and compare results.

Whizkid7

Hmm, well, here's hoping my team of WoL/Luneth/CoD/Refia/Garland can take Maxwell down. Need to finish maxing Refia so Dunes first. CoD once again seems like the star here.

CCIE

Banned
Which one should I pair? It could be difficult to get CoD maxed by the end of the weekend, and she doesn't have a decent weapon yet. Arc I could max easily...

Thoughts? I intend to take Valentus' Elza with me.

Rootbeer

Banned
i only got my first full break capable unit (ignus) recently and he's not ready. i'm having doubts that I can do this.

also, even if ignus were ready, he's pretty crappy and doesn't add much utility to your party other than being able to cast full break. a little bit of healing but I think i have that bit covered. wonder if it's even worth trying to power level him before the event is over

Valentus

i only got my first full break capable unit (ignus) recently and he's not ready. i'm having doubts that I can do this.

also, even if ignus were ready, he's pretty crappy and doesn't add much utility to your party other than being able to cast full break. wonder if it's even worth trying to power level him before the event is over

ingus has curaga, to help when your curaja is not enough
ingus has fira, to chain with your mages' firaga and up the damage
ingus can esuna, so your healer can do curaja with confidence if you need heal and esuna the same turn.

Ingus is not stellar, but its not crappy at all.

Valentus

Look at this beauty
Look at it
LOOK

screenshot_2016-11-17y3s7c.png

And i dont have a save the Queen for Tomorrow ffs!

bonkeng

My planned team:

Friend: Elza or CoD with Deathbringer

CoD: Omniveil + Call of the Void
Garnet: Raise + Hightide + LB➡Summon
Cecil: Dual Cast Healer Tank + LB Buff
WoL: Full Break + Tank + Light Resist

My last member should be Lightning, if I can get Moonblade ready before this event ends.

Syntsui

My planned team:

Friend: Elza or CoD with Deathbringer

CoD: Omniveil + Call of the Void
Garnet: Raise + Hightide + LB➡Summon
Cecil: Dual Cast Healer Tank + LB Buff
WoL: Full Break + Tank + Light Resist

My last member should be Lightning, if I can get Moonblade ready before this event ends.
You already have Deathbringer prepared? That will destroy Maxwell most definitely.

Jeffrey

Man... I really should start lvling up TM's... but whens the time lol.

Theres like no breaks between events, and i dont even have time to lvl up new units.

Rootbeer

Banned
Man... I really should start lvling up TM's... but whens the time lol.

Theres like no breaks between events, and i dont even have time to lvl up new units.
yeah i don't get it either. the only way it's even possible to do it at any kind of scale (aka not just using pots which are hard enough to get as it is) is to use a bot overnight. it's not cheating but it's not really how the game is DESIGNED to be played and yet it's being assumed that people have to do this -- just look at the unit rankings on the exvius wiki which have dualcast materia "built-in" to the ranking... kind of depressing. I really don't want to have to play that way. not fun.

I want more event gear and/or easier TM acquisitions. having to bot overnight for weeks or months shouldn't be what people resort ot.

as long as all events can be completed with average gear it's not going to impact me much... but if the difficulty ramps up too much it could.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, seeing how the Surge trial just went, I need to bring a FB unit against Maxwell. It took FOREVER to beat the trial without Agrias...

So I'm looking at Refia, Cecil, Garnet, Agrias, and Lightning... some OP friend unit. CoD isn't going to help me unless I leave Refia at home, which may end up being the answer (put CoD in her place). And Lightning is my best unit so can't leave her behind either.

Lyrian

Rydia wouldnt be the worst since shes actually pretty good for dps as well

Just have to gear her out

Yup. Stack her with HP. She just needs to live long enough to do what she needs to do in that fight.

Look at this beauty
Look at it
LOOK

And i dont have a save the Queen for Tomorrow ffs!

You keep outdoing yourself once again, lol/

-- Two more whiffs on the BF banner.

Probably will need to throw tickets at the Dark Destroyers banner early to try to land a CoD so that she can be leveled up while the Dunes are here. Skeptical about my chances without anyone with a holy resist buff.

bonkeng

Okay, seeing how the Surge trial went, I need to bring a FB unit against Maxwell. It took FOREVER to beat the trial without Agrias...

So I'm looking at Refia, Cecil, Garnet, Agrias, and Lightning... some OP friend unit. CoD isn't going to help me unless I leave Refia at home, which is probably not happening. And Lightning is my best unit so can't leave her behind either.

Imo I think CoD is more valuable than Refia specially since, like me, you don't have Tilith for her AoE Elemental Resist buff. Garnet and Cecil has you covered on Raise and Curaja.

CoD can also act as your secondary dps, even if you don't have a good weapon on her due to her double Man-eater passives.

CCIE

Banned
Bonkeng... think I agree. Leveling CoD this weekend I guess. Should start today while finishing off the stupid event. Need 4 more SC first... damnit.

Syntsui

After two days I still didn't receive an email about the problem I had and I'm still missing 10 arena tickets.

What the fuck am I supposed to do if they don't answer the complaint I've opened at their support?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm not really sure what to bring on this one. It's a boss were the lack of variety in my squad hurts me since I've ignored the last few Cactur Dunes.

I'll be doing it this weekend, so the question is, who to level.
CoD
Refia
Or Tilith.

Val, some input if you may. My current thoughts are it would be best to level Tilith. Easiest of the three to max out and provides the best Light Resistance. But she will definitely be the weakest and most mana intensive. Refia would be a better healer, but the light resistance and I have absolutely nothing to gear CoD as of right now. Though i will be able to finish Mivera Bustier soon.

Outside of her. Luneth and Cecil are a given. My only full break unit level is WoL, so he'll be in. Unless I can rely on a friend unit Elza, in which case I'll bring Buttz along too to make sure it's up constantly.

But I'm almost thinking that will be the ideal group.
Tilith, Cecil, Luneth, Buttz, and WoL.

I could give Garland and or Artemios a try too. Or put Killer bow on Buttz. Not quite sure what to do as of right now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
LOOOL - automatic lost if your game crashes during a PvP fight...wow. Was already at +60 battles or so. That sucks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I am now leaning more towards leveling CoD and sticking with Lenna for my healer, with Artemios as my other Damage.

So it will be Leanna, CoD, Artemios, Luneth, and Cecil for this fight. Even though I have crap items for CoD right now, I can stick Dual Wield on him and purchase two Mirthil Maces. Far less damage on the weapons, but with Man Eater Bonus, Diablos, and Dark Damage. Should easily make up for it. 50% + 75% + 50% + 100%, with -25% Damage with COTV

Artemios... I do think it maybe better to attempt to raise Tilith too. But his ATK won't be has high as buttz, but I think he'll make up for it with the Dark Damage and Man Eater, though I could give Buttz the bow instead.

H3xum

Valentus! You did it for me! You magnificent son of a bitch.

Your Elza broke my 60ish streak of no metal gods

And you broke it in resounding fashion by bringing me 3 gods in one run.

2 days of nothing finally behind me

Really should have leveled one of my Tiliths to 5*, and Cecil's insufferably slow LB is wrecking me. I have a 5* and a 3*.

Is Maxwell doable with Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, WoL and Refia? Could take a CoD friend for Omniveil too.

Valentus! You did it for me! You magnificent son of a bitch.

Your Elza broke my 60ish streak of no metal gods

And you broke it in resounding fashion by bringing me 3 gods in one run.

2 days of nothing finally behind me

Holy mother of pearl!!!
I literally just came here to write this exact thing!!

Valentus... you are truly a god amongst us mortals.

Pejo

Wew, 1 million HP on Maxwell. I have DKC, Refia, Luneth, CoD in for sure. Will be fishing around for Valentus's Elza to show up in my list, not sure what to bring on that last slot. I'm thinking since we need to use Diabolos, it'd be a good idea to bring Cecil for the long fight for extra Curaja and some tanking. This one ain't gonna be easy though. I absolutely have to grind cactuar dunes this weekend to finish Refia off to 100 for that full life. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

Nearly done with everything I wanted from this event, so I'll probably dedicate all weekend to Dunes and getting Maxwell. I have so many units to level, so this is pretty good timing.

Those sacred crystals though...

Wew, 1 million HP on Maxwell. I have DKC, Refia, Luneth, CoD in for sure. Will be fishing around for Valentus's Elza to show up in my list, not sure what to bring on that last slot. I'm thinking since we need to use Diabolos, it'd be a good idea to bring Cecil for the long fight for extra Curaja and some tanking. This one ain't gonna be easy though. I absolutely have to grind cactuar dunes this weekend to finish Refia off to 100 for that full life. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

Nearly done with everything I wanted from this event, so I'll probably dedicate all weekend to Dunes and getting Maxwell. I have so many units to level, so this is pretty good timing.

Those sacred crystals though...

Uhh yes most definitely bring Cecil

Rixa

For Maxwell:
CoD, CoD, Vaan, Cecil, Refia
or
CoD, CoD, Vaan, Cecil, Garnet

or something else?

My Garnet is 4* 5/15lb, so need to awaken if I take her.

For Maxwell:
CoD, CoD, Vaan, Cecil, Refia
or
CoD, CoD, Vaan, Cecil, Garnet

or something else?

My Garnet is 4* 5/15lb, so need to awaken if I take her.

You would almost be better off taking a Rydia since she isnt nearly as rare and you can still work on Building Science Garnet

Alkez

That's exactly what I'm going to do too lol. Leveling Cecils' LB is also lagging me way too much on content. That motherfucker.

Same here. It will be worth it in the long run though...if we make it that far lol.

I think I'm going to take Celegus' dual wielding CoD with me tomorrow (or Valentus if you set your leader to that build baring Excal). The fact that Call of the Void does 1540% to Maxwell with Diabolos is ridiculous, and having another CoD to chain with mine seems like the logical choice. Plus CoD only goes to 0% on light resist as opposed to -50%.

Is it just me or is thread a little quieter today...where's Chilly at lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom