• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh oh the Arena refillers are coming. I have been hovering between 2k-3k the entire week but now I have fallen to about 4k even after using my 5 orbs this morning. Figured it would happen on the last day.

Valentus

The lack of chilly in the whole day in the thread disturbes me....

In other news, i did again my 10 arena summons... and another 3000xp lb pot! now i have 2. Cecil is gonna reach lvl 25 very fast.

Valentus, do you have any space for me???

Sure, throw your number

I didn't. ;_;

But my name is the same on the game as in here! Meanie.

Added GAF for all you scrubs

give me your friend number to add you again

Sorry bro

battling for rank against global whales is gonna suck.

Im just going to fight to stay in the 30K range

Yeah my goal the whole time has been 30k anyway as again mass refills aren't worth 1 moogle imo but if I could stay within range on the last day and get in the 3k with maybe a refill or 2 I would do it but I have a feeling towards tonight I will fall even farther.

Yeah my goal the whole time has been 30k anyway as again mass refills aren't worth 1 moogle imo but if I could stay within range on the last day and get in the 3k with maybe a refill or 2 I would do it but I have a feeling towards tonight I will fall even farther.

Yeah you get the 10% moogle being within 90k so its not really that bad

CCIE

Banned
I was right inside 3K in the Arena, and today I cannot get below the low 3K's... Even fighting 1.5 every single time

Azuran

Banned
I gave up trying to stay in the 30k so my standing slipped. Arena battles are boring and exhausting as hell since you do the same thing over and over again and they take forever especially if the opponent has a Cecil.

For now I am also just gonna battle to stay in the 30k range, have been hovering between 10-15k the past couple days, so shouldnt be too hard.

Yeah arena kind of blows but the cobstant rewards are too good so ill at least burn through my charges when i can

Definitely not gonna go all hardcore on it. I feel like that would suck the fun out of it

Right now im just looking to build an arena team that can easily wipe opponents

Yeah arena kind of blows but the cobstant rewards are too good so ill at least burn through my charges when i can

Definitely not gonna go all hardcore on it. I feel like that would suck the fun out of it

Right now im just looking to build an arena team that can easily wipe opponents

I mean I like the Arena other than it is somewhat monotonous and I always fight the same damn team comp basically but I think it's cool. The rewards are nice as well for sure.

Valentus

sadly, if you dont want to refill and want to be in top 3k, you need to do only 1,5 ratio fights. Losing 1 battle affects you much more than you imagine. Breaking the streak is horrible.

sadly, if you dont want to refill and want to be in top 3k, you need to do only 1,5 ratio fights. Losing 1 battle affects you much more than you imagine. Breaking the streak is horrible.

I have lost twice once due to a crash which sucked but haven't since and been fighting only 1.5 battles as long as one is available. Still out of the top 3k at this point even though I was in it the entire week up till today. If you don't refill you aren't going to make it that is pretty clear at this point. I have a feeling it will get worse the closer we get to the reset as well.

Iceman829

I'll send you an invite tomorrow (UK based so it's night here and I've already set up my tm farming lol).

I'm sorry you lost your streak, but you describing this guy as some clown made me laugh. I agree with the longer loading. The materials screen is the worst for me.

It's all good. I'm back up to a 90 win streak as of now so I've been able to recover. The guy was an idiot. He was visiting our office and unplugged an ethernet plug from the wall when there were plenty of open jacks under the table. Our office is in the process of an expansion/remodel so some wiring still needs to be finished including putting the wireless routers up in the ceiling, but it's just an asshole move to unplug things without asking when in someone else's office/house.

So it looks like my arena team is still holding strong at 1100 ~ 1300 range. I have yet to miss an arena match yet and haven't purchased any refreshes. I'm regretting leaving 3 matches on the table when I leveled up just after the update. I didn't realize I was going to level up and lost out on those. I'm hoping that unless a bunch of people decide to throw lapis at the arena I can stay in the 3k bracket. I've been holding strong for a few days in this range so it's currently looking positive but it's early in the month.

Valentus

The monthly reward is 2 trust moogles. And this month is short because the rewards are for 11/30

I suggest all do some effort to try make it to top 3000. Two trust moogles is a massive reward.

If a party with all rng gets 5% TM combined, thats a media of 1% per character, so you have to spend 2000 lapis to get that character 20% of TM (the same amount those 2 trust moogles will give you)

The monthly reward is 2 trust moogles. And this month is short because the rewards are for 11/30

I suggest all do some effort to try make it to top 3000. Two trust moogles is a massive reward.

If a party with all rng gets 5% TM combined, thats a media of 1% per character, so you have to spend 2000 lapis to get that character 20% of TM (the same amount those 2 trust moogles will give you)

Well it's really just 1 Trust Moogle because you get the other being in the top 90k which should be easy as shit. So really is 1 Moogle worth Lapis refills is the question? It really just depends on how many times you have to refill for me personally if it's more than 2 per week...then I will pass.

Nirran

In other news, i did again my 10 arena summons... and another 3000xp lb pot! now i have 2. Cecil is gonna reach lvl 25 very fast.

Sure, throw your number

Any additional space for me as well if possible? 293 908 750

In other news I've gotten the mats to awaken Elza and on my daily pull managed to get Tilith! I should really be doing my pulls when half asleep waking up in the morning because the last two days have been great. Made it to the fourth island today too. Looking at Maswell that is definitely going to be out of reach. Here's to some grinding the dunes this weekend.

uh oh the Arena refillers are coming. I have been hovering between 2k-3k the entire week but now I have fallen to about 4k even after using my 5 orbs this morning. Figured it would happen on the last day.

Yeah dude. Sucks. I MIGHT try hard for the trust moogles at the end of the month. But for the weekly, I'll settle for outside the 3000 range.

Any additional space for me as well if possible? 293 908 750

In other news I've gotten the mats to awaken Elza and on my daily pull managed to get Tilith! I should really be doing my pulls when half asleep waking up in the morning because the last two days have been great. Made it to the fourth island today too. Looking at Maswell that is definitely going to be out of reach. Here's to some grinding the dunes this weekend.

Added

Also Opened up 4 slots so add me if havent yet

746 132 519

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
As long as you're in the top 90000, I think you're fine. Nor would it be worthwhile to spend Lapis on arena refreshes of all things. More still, since we are still 2 weeks away from the end of the month. But between 3k and 30k is one King Pot and One TM.

If you want to put an amount to it. Take your energy and times it by 5. That is how much you're potentially giving up for every Lapis refresh when you choose to do it for Arena and not Energy.

Val - Could I get your insights on my thoughts on Team comp from a page back?

As long as you're in the top 90000, I think you're fine. Nor would it be worthwhile to spend Lapis on arena refreshes of all things. More still, since we are still 2 weeks away from the end of the month. But between 3k and 30k is one King Pot and One TM.

If you want to put an amount to it. Take your energy and times it by 5. That is how much you're potentially giving up for every Lapis refresh when you choose to do it for Arena and not Energy.

Val - Could I get your insights on my thoughts on Team comp from a page back?

Refreshes seem better spent on TM farming or anything else IMHO

Just shoot to get into either 30k or 90k brackets

Its more than good enough

Razmos

Woo
76Y49MM.png

Zalasta

Daily pulled a Vivi, mistakenly used 500 lapis on Agrias, 2 tickets got me Anzelm and Kuja. Pretty mediocre.

I have a lot of decent friend units, but no one as decked out as Zera or Valentus.

Daily pulled a Vivi, mistakenly used 500 lapis on Agrias, 2 tickets got me Anzelm and Kuja. Pretty mediocre.

I have a lot of decent friend units, but no one as decked out as Zera or Valentus.

I think i have you on my friends list

Dont worry Ill have a monster ready for you to use soon enough

Xion86

On my friends list, I was going between 2nd and 3rd place with you constantly the first couple of weeks in :D. I've seemed to do okay and stay within the 3k range, highest I got up was in the mid 500's. I'm currently sitting at 1764 (8th on my friends list, you're now at 2nd).

I can't seem to let go of Kefka though :( his Hyperdrive, Trine and deadly limit break are fantastic and help so much!! I have Arc but haven't leveled him up at all...I already have Dual Cast so apart from Arc having that by default, what else makes him special over Kefka? Bit more MAG?

Razmos, nice one!!

CCIE

Banned
Congrats on the TM!!!

Thank the Lord that I finally got a pair of Metal Gods, so now I have the choice between the Guardian Materia and the last set of tickets. I'm officially done with the event

Figure out which I want a little bit later. Now, have to get some SC in anticipation of tomorrow's level-fest

H3xum

So while thinking about how badly I lack physical damage (or any 5* base at all for that matter) I started considering purchasing lapis...

It is essentially 50ish dollars to do an 11 pull. You aren't guaranteed anything, obviously. So that got me thinking. If there was an option to pay 50 bucks to pick out the 5* base of your choice, would you do it? Initially I felt like that was insane, because obviously 11>1, but then you think about your actual chances of getting the 5*, which is slim at best.

That's when being a f2p smacked me across my cheap, frustrated face.

Syntsui

Top 3k is just not attainable without either a whale team or Cecil + Refia. Pretty much anything else has a chance to die in one turn due to stacked teams on that bracket and the RNG.

The lack of arise is mortal and until my Cecil max his LB,he will be useless (I may get him to lvl 15 on monday, then I'll go straight to 6* and rely on pots)..

So while thinking about how badly I lack physical damage (or any 5* base at all for that matter) I started considering purchasing lapis...

It is essentially 50ish dollars to do an 11 pull. You aren't guaranteed anything, obviously. So that got me thinking. If there was an option to pay 50 bucks to pick out the 5* base of your choice, would you do it? Initially I felt like that was insane, because obviously 11>1, but then you think about your actual chances of getting the 5*, which is slim at best.

They would never implement something like that. They make most of the money from whales, who spend thousands on games like this. If you could choose any base 5* for $50, the whales would spend a few hundred dollars right off the bat at then have no reason to spend again because they'd have everything they need. It would have to be more like $500 for them to even consider it. But still I don't think they'd want to do that, because people would get everything they want early on and then quit. They want to string the people along for a long time.

CCIE

Banned
If the damn game would stop crashing when I'm in the Arena, I would be easily in the top 1K. I have one legit loss to Valentus team, and the rest half dozen are crashes...

Xion86

If the damn game would stop crashing when I'm in the Arena, I would be easily in the top 1K. I have one legit loss to Valentus team, and the rest half dozen are crashes...

I had to make sure I switch to my Android phone always for Arena to get to the 100 Streak, not even going to bother trying it again on my iPad. Also, related to my post above, what do you like about having Arc in your team over Kefka?

Oh and I haven't even got any of the tickets yet :( long way to go on the event.

They would never implement something like that. They make most of the money from whales, who spend thousands on games like this. If you could choose any base 5* for $50, the whales would spend a few hundred dollars right off the bat at then have no reason to spend again because they'd have everything they need. It would have to be more like $500 for them to even consider it. But still I don't think they'd want to do that, because people would get everything they want early on and then quit. They want to string the people along for a long time.

I stumbled across this gem......I know I have been lucky with my pulls but I've also spent quite a bit on this game but holy fucking shit this right here, nah bruh. This is the evil side of RNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc2-cgYlRVc

Ok well a couple recommendations

1. Do it through Amazon and save as much as possible

2. Look for deals on that could net you some form of Amazon or Google play gift cards and credit

3. Do missions! You can get a lot of Lapis here that might save tou having to drop 50 bucks

4. List off what you DO have and possibly wait and see how the whole Maxwell thing hashes out. Free 5 star base that has a really great 6 star upgrade.

5. Consider planning for whats to come before you make the hard gamble. And prep for possible failure on that draw.

CCIE

Banned
I love Arc, and he's cuter than Kefka. Inherent DC, and I will use my DC on Refia instead. Still farming it though. Hyperdrive is nice, though and Kefka's LB is infinitely superior

Zalasta

Post your ID, I'll try to make room.

081,054,843, thanks!

I think i have you on my friends list

Dont worry Ill have a monster ready for you to use soon enough

Yes, you along with bonkeng and kourio have definitely gotten me through a lot of the events in the last few months. The only thing I skipped out on was Golbez. I'm more concern by the fact I simply have no luck pulling any of the regular units people constantly rely on for these trials (i.e. Cecil, Vaan, WoL, etc). Anyway, I've been making it work so I'm hoping I can get through the upcoming one as well!

In other news, lost my arena streak at 50. Was fighting the same party 4 times straight, won every single one except for the last one. Not sure when I'll make it to 100 >.>

Ourobolus

Banned

Sure, throw your number

258 909 189

tariniel

So I have a cecil at 4*, just hit level 13 LB, and I have the Burst Pot from the arena. He only needs around 2750 uses to hit level 15 and the pot gives 3k.

Worth using the pot now so I can awaken him, or grind out 2750 uses slowly over probably 2 weeks and then use it so I don't waste 250 uses...?

258 909 189

Added

081,054,843, thanks!

Yes, you along with bonkeng and kourio have definitely gotten me through a lot of the events in the last few months. The only thing I skipped out on was Golbez. I'm more concern by the fact I simply have no luck pulling any of the regular units people constantly rely on for these trials (i.e. Cecil, Vaan, WoL, etc). Anyway, I've been making it work so I'm hoping I can get through the upcoming one as well!

In other news, lost my arena streak at 50. Was fighting the same party 4 times straight, won every single one except for the last one. Not sure when I'll make it to 100 >.>

Added

And I bet he went on to spend a bunch more. x_x

It's crazy man.

robotuw

Worth using the pot now so I can awaken him, or grind out 2750 uses slowly over probably 2 weeks and then use it so I don't waste 250 uses...?

LB farming is so miserable I'd say use it now, but I'm someone who got him to 6* at LB lvl 9 so what do I know.

So I have a cecil at 4*, just hit level 13 LB, and I have the Burst Pot from the arena. He only needs around 2750 uses to hit level 15 and the pot gives 3k.

Yeah Id say so

We will get more pots from arena and mazes

Sucks that you lose 250 LB xp but Cecil is so damn important you should get him ready to go

Eidjinn

Sure, throw your number

YES!

By the way, any other Gaf needs help? I have Cod with dual wield... Tilith in the future.

XD

Xion86

I love Arc, and he's cuter than Kefka. Inherent DC, and I will use my DC on Refia instead. Still farming it though. Hyperdrive is nice, though and Kefka's LB is infinitely superior

The only reason I want Arc in my party over Kefka is because he is a cute Mage and I love his Mage hat :(

tariniel

Alright well I used that LB pot on my Cecil and then awakened him to 5*.

Now the question is do I use the Cactuars from this event and go straight to 6 or throw him back in to the LB/TM grinder as is. I wont have enough Cactuars from the event to go straight to 6* 100.

I have another Cecil at 6* level 61, and a 6* Refia at level 71 that both still need Cactuars - I've been leveling them slowly with daily explorations and Champion Ablaze. I imagine I might need them for Maxwell though if it's as hard as people are saying. If I don't level either of them I have a maxed WoL and Lenna to fall back on (if they're even better than the 6* non-capped Cecil and Refia).

Opinions on how to approach this?

Alright well I used that LB pot on my Cecil and then awakened him to 5*.

Now the question is do I use the Cactuars from this event and go straight to 6 or throw him back in to the LB/TM grinder as is. I wont have enough Cactuars from the event to go straight to 6* 100.

I have another Cecil at 6* level 61, and a 6* Refia at level 71 that both still need Cactuars - I've been leveling them slowly with daily explorations and Champion Ablaze. I imagine I might need them for Maxwell though if it's as hard as people are saying. If I don't level either of them I have a maxed WoL and Lenna to fall back on (if they're even better than the 6* non-capped Cecil and Refia).

Opinions on how to approach this?

Oh you have another Cecil already? Yeah dude keep him 5 star

Pots will go further

Just use the other Cecil and get his ass to 100 asap. You are gonna need performance units that are ready to go now not later

I stumbled across this gem......I know I have been lucky with my pulls but I've also spent quite a bit on this game but holy fucking shit this right here, nah bruh. This is the evil side of RNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc2-cgYlRVc

Did you see his further pull for elza?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDL-q6HLi6A.

I can't even imagine that amount of money in essentially 12 minutes for just a bit of 1's and 0's. it reminds me that we have to not chase the dragon as much... $720 in a little more than 12 minutes. Just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom