• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gawd i saw that

Yeah Ziss videos will make you never want to pull again

Im actually astounded at the luck ive had versus my own investment

Yea I can't believe how much Lapis costs. For that reason alone I will never be buying Lapis. I would feel horrible if I did an 11 pull and didn't get the unit(s) I was looking for... and that is the most likely outcome. Been down that road with loot boxes in Overwatch already (only like $20ish, but still). Pulling as many times as that video above is just crazy to me haha.

Oh gawd i saw that

Yeah Ziss videos will make you never want to pull again

Im actually astounded at the luck ive had versus my own investment

I've spent nothing and been playing for 5 days and I already have Cecil, Refia, and CoD! Makes me never want to spend a dime!

But yea, we'll see how long that luck lasts.

the trouble comes when you try to pull for a specific unit. I've been down that road too many times in FFRK, P&D, BF, and other games. Not doing it anymore. I'll probably spend money, but I'll never keep going just to get a specific unit.

chrono01

I'm really worried about Maxwell. I really want her, I just feel so underprepared. I wasn't expecting her until the return of the BF banner. :/

I was thinking of going with:

5* Warrior of Light

- For Full Break (unless she's immune, I can't remember) and tanking. I do have Cecil, but he's only 4* since I'm leveling his LB.

6* Cloud of Darkness

- I need not explain this one!

5* Garnet

- To help build the evocation mater to summon Diabolos.

5* Tilith

- For Rainbow Veil, as well as healing and her stat buff.

For my last slot, I really don't know who to include. I don't have any of the super strong hitters (Lightning, Luneth, Elza, Ramza, etc.), nor do I have TM's. I have Chizuru/Fencer/Garland/Firion/Bartz as my other melee units. I've seriously considering leveling/evolving my second Cloud of Darkness to 6* so I can run two of them, she seems to be useful for this event. Although I don't have the Rising Sun TM farmed from my Locke yet, so weapon choice might be poor.

Will she return when the BF banner does? Ideally I'd love to get her now, but if not hopefully I have a second chance at her.

Also, thanks in-advance to Valentus/Zera/etc. and your powerful characters. They are Gods.

Xion86

Damn that was a close fight... Lightning, Lightning (Dual wields), Luneth, Cecil, Elza, had all 6 turns first!! My Cecil and Refia were put to sleep on the last two rounds. Luneth, Cloud of Darkness and Kefka (using Hyperdrive) helped get down to only the other teams Luneth left, eventually taking him out.

This made me laugh!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dgvkt/my_maxwell_party/

@Chrono I don't know how the second CoD is going to perform dps wise without good weaponry. My 6* CoD is on the bench because all I have for her is the Lunar Pestle.

Fencer would be your hardest hitter followed by Chizuru. Put your best weapon on Fencer and hope for the best. I'll be switching between 478 Elza and 600+ Lightning for Maxwell. I'll need you guys to let me know which performs better as that kind of depends on the individuals team comp.

Been playing since beta and no CoD :(((((((((((((((((

Same here! Only physical attackers I have are Artemios and BCL. Finally got a full break user with Ingus, that took forever as well!

Chrono I'm also worried about the Maxwell fight! Probably going to take something like:

Cecil
Refia
Tellah
Ingus
BCL or another mage? Could level Arc... if summoning Diabolos is gonna be a problem though might have to level up Rydia? Don't have a Garnet.
Valentus' unit :)

Hopefully that will be doable...

Valentus

I'm not really sure what to bring on this one. It's a boss were the lack of variety in my squad hurts me since I've ignored the last few Cactur Dunes.

I'll be doing it this weekend, so the question is, who to level.
CoD
Refia
Or Tilith.

Val, some input if you may. My current thoughts are it would be best to level Tilith. Easiest of the three to max out and provides the best Light Resistance. But she will definitely be the weakest and most mana intensive. Refia would be a better healer, but the light resistance and I have absolutely nothing to gear CoD as of right now. Though i will be able to finish Mivera Bustier soon.

Outside of her. Luneth and Cecil are a given. My only full break unit level is WoL, so he'll be in. Unless I can rely on a friend unit Elza, in which case I'll bring Buttz along too to make sure it's up constantly.

But I'm almost thinking that will be the ideal group.
Tilith, Cecil, Luneth, Buttz, and WoL.

I could give Garland and or Artemios a try too. Or put Killer bow on Buttz. Not quite sure what to do as of right now.

The majority of Maxwell attacks are holy. Cecil and wol has 50% light resistance. That Plus tillith elemental resistance are 90% holy resistance. Wol is better suited for this fight because full break, and then provoke all the time.

You can have refia Too for embolden and curaja.

That makes you 3 support units in your party, So the other 3 must be heavy hitters, but be carefull, because elza and donkey kong have massive weakness to holy, So they Will suffer.

If you can finish the fight fast i think you can do It.

chrono01

This made me laugh!

@Chrono I don't know how the second CoD is going to perform dps wise without good weaponry. My 6* CoD is on the bench because all I have for her is the Lunar Pestle.

Fencer would be your hardest hitter followed by Chizuru. Put your best weapon on Fencer and hope for the best. I'll be switching between 478 Elza and 600+ Lightning for Maxwell. I'll need you guys to let me know which performs better as that kind of depends on the individuals team comp.
White Witch Fina killed me.

I think it's funny people are worried about this trial with like super OP teams, all those teams sound more than adequate. I would be worried if you didn't have CoD or any 6*, or missing vital roles like support or tank. Like all trials there will probably be an easy strategy to take it out.

chrono01

I think it's funny people are worried about this trial with like super OP teams, all those teams sound more than adequate. I would be worried if you didn't have CoD or any 6*, or missing vital roles like support or tank. Like all trials there will probably be an easy strategy to take it out.
Under normal conditions, this would be true. However, when Maxwell was released in Japan, 6*'s were more of a common occurrence, with many (such as WoL) already having theirs. Our 6* release on Global is still relatively limited, hence the frustration/worry for many. :(

There's still the hope that Gumi will make tweaks to it, so it's more...friendly towards players, but considering she was playable by a few last night (during maintenance) and her stats/abilities were identical to the Japanese counterpart, I'm not entirely hopeful. Things can change between now and tomorrow, though. Maybe they already had the fix/nerf in-place, but didn't incorporate it into her code yet.

tuffymon

Under normal conditions, this would be true. However, when Maxwell was released in Japan, 6*'s were more of a common occurrence, with many (such as WoL) already having theirs. Our 6* release on Global is still relatively limited, hence the frustration/worry for many. :(

There's still the hope that Gumi will make tweaks to it, so it's more...friendly towards players, but considering she was playable by a few last night (during maintenance) and her stats/abilities were identical to the Japanese counterpart, I'm not entirely hopeful. Things can change between now and tomorrow, though. Maybe they already had the fix/nerf in-place, but didn't incorporate it into her code yet.

You forget though, we generally get harder content, so our Maxwell will have either 1.5m or 2m hp :p (Oh god, I hope not)

Celegus

This made me laugh!

Baby Luneth is the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life!!!!!

Xion86

This made me laugh!

That drawing is fantastic, good find :) really cute too.

By the way I made more spots: 518,334,204

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking for my team now. CoD, Luneth, Tilith, WoL, and Lenna. I probably won't be able to level Refia is time. Thinking maximizing damage to defense. Cecil while better, doesn't overly provide any buffs

Celegus

We have a week to do it right? I'm probably gonna hold off until monday after cactuar dunes is over and figure out from other people who I should work on leveling up for it.

Kouriozan

Man, I still have a loooot of leveling to do, I'll need CoD's level 100 skill before doing Maxwell at the very least.

2eHDjjj.jpg

Maybe I'll just replace Tilith with DKC since I already have him maxed, and use CoD's omni-veil.

Pejo

Normal attacking until you are full and endure all the attacks in the process like a pig.

Yea this is going to be my strategy. Might get her down to like 10% hp left, then auto attack. We'll see how hard she hits when my guys are in turtle mode.

Is there an item that instantly fills Summon bar? I think I have something that does that for LB.

*Edit* - I just checked, Hyper(item) fills LB bar faster, but there's no equivalent for esper bar currently.

SeanTSC

So, these are my current options for Maxwell -

Refia (91, I'll max her out beforehand)
CoD (and a second, unleveled CoD)
WoL
Cecil
Garnet
Elza
BC Lid
Tellah

(I've also got a bunch of unleveled Garlands, Rydias, Arcs, etc).

I'm thinking Refia, CoD, Cecil, Garnet, and Elza? Maybe WoL in place of Elza. Getting Disease on her with BC Lid would be nice too, but hard to fit her in.

Yea this is going to be my strategy. Might get her down to like 10% hp left, then auto attack. We'll see how hard she hits when my guys are in turtle mode.

Is there an item that instantly fills Summon bar? I think I have something that does that for LB.

*Edit* - I just checked, Hyper(item) fills LB bar faster, but there's no equivalent for esper bar currently.

Oh shit i forgot about hyper

Can we use items in the trial? Hyper >>> Rydia + Entrust = fast summon?

Alkez

Congrats on the tm Razmos.

Thanks for the add Eidjinn. Anyone else who wants to add me and doesn't already have me my ID is 632,536,652. Zera I don't think I have you. If you have any free space would appreciate the add.

I don't feel too worried about the fight itself tomorrow. My main concern is actually summoning Diabolos and then winning. That sounds annoying.

CCIE

Banned
Okay... Can I possibly get CoD to L100 before Monday? I don't think so. Going to take Arc into this fight and the Arena instead - DC now allowed so let's go!!! I'll probably use Tuffymon's CoD for the trial as a friend unit to make up the difference.

Would that work, guys?

Okay... Can I possibly get CoD to L100 before Monday? I don't think so. Going to take Arc into this fight and the Arena instead - DC now allowed so let's go!!! I'll probably use Tuffymon's CoD for the trial as a friend unit to make up the difference.

Would that work, guys?

I keep telling you guys and gals

Lapis refills are worth it here if it means you can snag this guaranteed 5 star base character

You gonna daily pull for that next Penelo? Or are you gonna put that lapis to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom