• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

Got my Lapis back up above 3,500. Finished all the game's missions so no more freebies. Would like to do the dailies for the rest of the BF banner in hopes of getting Tilith... She doesn't seem like she wants to come though. Considering on maybe doing one paid 11 pull at the end... Tilith is pretty much the last character I wanted for my party for awhile. Until Rikku. Although, I'll probably get hyped into pulling for T-God Cid.

Pejo

I'm really excited to give Maxwell a shot. I think I have a pretty good gameplan.

You NEED to summon Diabolos to recruit her right?

As a sidenote, anyone have any idea when the next part of the island opens up and we get Carbuncle? That light resist looks pretty good right about now.

Muku

when are they gonna change it so espers can be switched across different parties, its dumb they're stuck in place

This. So much. I've always bitched I can't really have separate parties because I have to tie them to the espers in one group because they perma stay. Why?

Folstern

Dual casting ultima is a thing of beauty. 2000 damage against all units in the arena in one turn? Yes, please. I need to get Arc to max 5* and see how he does. I suppose I need to TM ultima or meteor.

scarlet

Got my Lapis back up above 3,500. Finished all the game's missions so no more freebies. Would like to do the dailies for the rest of the BF banner in hopes of getting Tilith... She doesn't seem like she wants to come though.

I assumed dailies is dark destroyer banner now.

Muku

I have Garland and CoD already. I'll be pulling in hopes of another CoD or two. But it'll probably be that jerk Duane. I already have his happy ass anyway. Level 1 5* or whatever his cap is, but level 1.

I'd be okay with another Garland though. Will def be pulling on my alt account as I don't have Garland or CoD there.

Thank you FB votes for getting my first CoD for me. I pulled until I got her. Then stopped. Totally worth it, despite not also getting Chizuru from it.

NomarTyme

Got my Lapis back up above 3,500. Finished all the game's missions so no more freebies. Would like to do the dailies for the rest of the BF banner in hopes of getting Tilith... She doesn't seem like she wants to come though. Considering on maybe doing one paid 11 pull at the end... Tilith is pretty much the last character I wanted for my party for awhile. Until Rikku. Although, I'll probably get hyped into pulling for T-God Cid.

Or you can just wait until her 6 star banner to go up.

across

Dual casting ultima is a thing of beauty. 2000 damage against all units in the arena in one turn? Yes, please. I need to get Arc to max 5* and see how he does. I suppose I need to TM ultima or meteor.

I'm 20% away from my first Dualcast and I TM'd Meteor in my very first wave of TMs before I had anything better (as my 45% Kuja can attest to). I'm not sure if I'd bother TMing Ultima or Meteor at this stage of the game (depends what your options are, natch) but yeah, that opening 2k salvo is nice.

My goal is to max Refia and get Arc as close to 80 as I can during the Cactuar Dunes this weekend. DC Meteor + DC Ultima should be funny.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I have a dilemma. Even with some refreshes I just cannot see getting CoD to L100 off the cactuar dunes from mid 4* in just three days. Also, I have nothing to really equip her with, other than a mythril mace. I think I'm going to level Arc instead, for the Arena as well, and to put up against Maxwell, and my friend unit for the Maxwell fight will be Tuffymon's or someone else's OP CoD for Omniveil, then Dark damage over, and over, and over again.

Garnet, Cecil, Arc, Agrias, Lightning - friend unit CoD

I wonder if someone can help me out.

I'm in Kolobos Marsh - Exploration and there's a treasure chest. #1 on this map. When I try to open it the game makes this really weird sound and it doesn't open. I think it's glitched or something. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Jeffrey

oh god lol.

pu6Tp00.jpg

Syntsui

Heh, heh. That's awesome. Even if I had Tilith, she'd be warming the bench even at 6*. Refia does everything I need her to do and I don't really see the advantage of using Tilith in the first place.
Refia only compares to Tilith with dual cast, otherwise she is nowhere near as good.

Most people will prefer Tilith because of this.

EDarkness

Refia only compares to Tilith with dual cast, otherwise she is nowhere near as good.

Most people will prefer Tilith because of this.

I haven't seen the advantage? I guess I don't understand what's so great about her. Not that it matters since I didn't pull her in the first place.

I was just going to buy the demonic life materia but then I read it doesn't stack, that makes it pretty useless then right? I mean you are constantly healing/buffing your whole team, and even with HP sacrifice units it would only work after you attacked.

I still have 2 more tickets to buy, but I only can afford one... An Edgar, meh. I stopped combining them so now I have 3, I can use them for chain exploiting in the future.

KeRaSh

I was just going to buy the demonic life materia but then I read it doesn't stack, that makes it pretty useless then right? I mean you are constantly healing/buffing your whole team, and even with HP sacrifice units it would only work after you attacked.

I still have 2 more tickets to buy, but I only can afford one... An Edgar, meh. I stopped combining them so now I have 3, I can use them for chain exploiting in the future.

Apparently the buff stays after you healed back up so it's not that useless. I'm not spending my Karma on it, though...
So, did we figure out what happened to the Arena rewards? I still haven't received mine.

Muku

Did you use the ticket you just bought right away? I'm assuming there's something you want in this banner? (Before banner change.)

I squirrel my tickets away until something good. Got really lucky with previous banner and got
most
of everything I wanted within the daily pull and nine ticket pulls. x_x Still, RIP Arc. I'll never get you.

EDarkness

What's the situation with giving stat boosts to 5* characters? I have a little Mag Pot (or whatever it's called) and I'm wondering who to give it to. I don't have any 6* casters, so if I give it to a 5* character will they lose it once they get moved to 6*? Or is it better to just hold on to it until a character gets the 6* treatment?

Rixa

Almost 2 months later, I finally finished!

With this + 100 Refia + 100 CoD my past 2 weeks have been very productive. Time to go clear Xande before he disappears.

I did about 10 refreshes this past week so that I could finish the TM grinds in time.

Grats nice TM's \o/
Iam refreshing nrg with Lapis too, when I have time, not everyday cause no time.

Man, not having being able to use statis effects sucks so much for me. Now i actually have to brute force and hope to go first alot more than usualy in Arena.

If you have mages, use elemental chains.

Only downside is that I have Dual Casts in Cecil & Exdeath. Now if I remove Dual Cast from Cecil to Tellah it will work for the Arena, but everything else in the game is fucked if I forgot to move DC back to Cecil.

They really should do different eq setups for the arena.

Someone told me in this same thread that that was not a good build for reasons....

That's the perfect build for Maxwell. I don't think we can get anything better than that. +275% Maneater passive, Dark Elemental attacks.

She exploits Maxwell's weakness, and negates Maxwell's strengths.

Not even a decked out Elza can outdamage it.

I'm really excited to give Maxwell a shot. I think I have a pretty good gameplan.

You NEED to summon Diabolos to recruit her right?

In order you to actually acquire Maxwell you need to do these in same battle:

a) Summon Diabolos
b) Win the fight

I haven't seen the advantage? I guess I don't understand what's so great about her. Not that it matters since I didn't pull her in the first place.

You see when Tilith gets 6*. Iam not going to use Tilith in the future either (atleast for now), dont have her and I got nice Refia to do nursing things.

windfish

need a quick advice before grinding the dunes. Since I finally got enough sacred crystals to awaken either tilith or rydia who will be more useful for maxwell? (rest of the party: Cecil, CoD, Luneth/Garland, Agrias/Vaan (alternative mage team?!), OP lifesaver friend)

Also condolences to all of you who got their win streak reset, thankfully I made it in time, the last few matches were absolutely nerve wracking with the constant fear of another connection error!

Rixa

Soon time to burn some nrg & Lapis for nrg for Cactuars, my CoD & Rydia (evolved her to 5*) needs them.
As @Rob said, Ill keep my Garnet at 4* so long that she has 15/15, doing it with LB pots so it might take time :).

Also soon time to pull another shitty daily :D

Xion86

Okay not as special as what adawg has just got (Comgrats by the way!!) but look at the bottom guys!! :D

qtPzDD1l.png

But, where the hell are my Arena awards!?!?! :mad:

Did you use the ticket you just bought right away? I'm assuming there's something you want in this banner? (Before banner change.)

I squirrel my tickets away until something good. Got really lucky with previous banner and got
most
of everything I wanted within the daily pull and nine ticket pulls. x_x Still, RIP Arc. I'll never get you.
I wanted Tillith or also another banner unit to run the event, I think I can run the event with 3 bonus units as long as one is a good friend unit. I want Tillith just because she is limited, I always seem to get good units off banner so I am not really worried, and I still have a lot of lapis to farm in missions.

scarlet

I can get her down to 1/4 HP. Then he annihilated me.

Dual cast is a must. I'm considering to get just one. Or I can't beat her at all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I can get her down to 1/4 HP. Then he annihilated me.

Dual cast is a must. I'm considering to get just one. Or I can't beat her at all.

Shit - that sounds tough.

What does your team look like ? And how much damage does Elza do ?

Shit - that sounds tough.

What does your team look like ? And how much damage does Elza do ?

Ok so she was severly nerfed from my first fight against her. You can kill her quickly with a friend Lightning with Crushing blow. Only problem lies in getting enough orbs to fill up Esper meter. Not sure if endless happens after a certain amount of turns or if it is if her health goes below a certain amount. If it is the latter then try and build up meter before hand and then inch your way to that certain amount of health and try and finish her off before she has a chance to react.

KeRaSh

Gosh... Also got to around 1/4 or even 1/5 of her health and got slammed hard.

Party was:
Cecil (with Diabolos as he's most likely to survive with his built-in Light resistance)
Ramza
Arc
ExDeath
Tellah
Elza (Friend unit with 650+ ATK)

At the end of the fight I had around 1/5 (tops) of my Esper gauge filled... This will be toooough.

desverger

Trial is idiotic. How are you even supposed to summon anything here. I can kill her in 3 turns with a good team but Esper bar doesn't move an inch.

Do you need dualcast or something to stay alive long enough to evoke Diabolos?

Rixa

My luck with rainbows suck.

BUT my luck with 4* units shine. This is dupe but its great dupe to have.
Daily pull:

Screenshot_20161118-101008.png

I have Agrias & 2 Gaffgarions for that future event dungeon bonus points. Also 2 Bracers cant be bad :p. Hopefully I manage to get Garland and Duane (duh), cause dont have them at all. Duane for collection and Garland for some dps shit.

KeRaSh

So I managed to get the Esper bar to one orb before being completely filled but by that time she still had 50% health and killed everyone except Ramza and Cecil. I tried to hang on to it by wasting a Phoenix Down and an Elixir on the maind damage dealer, which was a friend CoD with 500+ ATK, but at that point it was too late. Got decimated the next turn.

I'll wait and see if some good strategies pop up but it might just be that the event it too tough for me, which is absolutely ridiculous considering I have three 6*s + a 6* friend unit.

Oh, daily pull was Xiao. Not even mad. Kaiser Knuckles aren't bad, right?

chrono01

First try on Maxwell, got her down to around health. I lived until the fourth or fifth round, which is longer than I thought I would, but the damage just isn't there. I used Full Break with WoL, then Barrage with Chizuru and CoD, while Garnet was there doing nothing (didn't even get close to getting my LB to summon Diabolos) and Tilith used her Veil, buffed the teams' stats, and healed.

I think I need more strong damage dealers, really missing out on that 5* base of my own. :/

Acerac

Banned
I guess we might have to bank on esper meter fillers like Rydia and Garnet seeing as killing Maxwell is not too much of a problem

Rydia is the only one of those I have and I've never used her actively. Her only way to hasten a summon is by using her LB, right? It feels like it might be tough to keep her alive long enough to pop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom