• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

heres my vídeo of Maxwell. All rewards with 1 run

I was real lucky that all the lb almost go to garnet in first turn. I can say that unless you have a monster party, you cant get all the rewards in 1 run. You must do it in multiple runs.

Also, disease is crucial here, and elemental resistance. I dont even used cheer/embolden but thanks to disease and elemental resistance i can endure the fight.

Raika

OMG daily pull netted me Zidane!

I seem to have the best luck when I pull after a stressful situation in uni lmao. Just finished an exam and am psychologically dead. x_x

windfish

LB isnt moving at all....lol..... Rydia is being useless.

Cleared it now without any of the missions - think ill focus on Cactuar now and come back after the Weekend.
damn..

Hyper isnt exactly good. Tried it to Rydia, her normal attack combo is so bad. I guess I try next Barrage tactic. 2x CoD + Chizuru + Friend unit with Barrage.
Time to run Cactuars for 2nd CoD.
DAMN!... :/
guess I should stop leveling Rydia and invest in Tilith after all -.-

I was real lucky that all the lb almost go to garnet in first turn. I can say that unless you have a monster party, you cant get all the rewards in 1 run. You must do it in multiple runs.

Also, disease is crucial here, and elemental resistance. I dont even used cheer/embolden but thanks to disease and elemental resistance i can endure the fight.

how the heck did you get so lucky with Garnet sucking up all the crystals and Maxwell not using her buff combo?

Rixa

damn..

DAMN!... :/
guess I should stop leveling Rydia and invest in Tilith after all -.-

Yea. I think my next setup is:

- Cecil / CoD / CoD / Vaan (fb) / Refia + friend Barrage.

I inform when I have tested it. Takes some runs in Cactuars to get CoD 71 -> 100 :p

CCIE

Banned
So I have to use a friend's Elza. I don't have a disease unit, so I'm screwed it sounds like. I'm hosed then. Absolutely have to have a element resistance buff.

Razmos

Wasn't going to do any dailies on this banner because I think it sucks. After multiple failed attempts at Maxwell I thought screw it, why not.

Rainbow Crystal, it's Dark Knight Cecil
e0WozTR.png
ff19cb68a995fe85c3b962fc32690aa59827a6158b202a70ae44383fa7be5cd8.jpg

Valentus

how the heck did you get so lucky with Garnet sucking up all the crystals and Maxwell not using her buff combo?

maxell pattern is this:

1st turn: genesis
2nd turn: normal attacks and holy attacks
3rd turn: rune + holy attacks
4th turn: you are fucked

50% hp: meteor + normal attacks

20% hp: endless

so you have to disease him and take him down to 50% in the first 3 turns to activate meteor with disease, and then finish him quickly

chrono01

Nice work man, I really need to work on putting a team together. >_<

Rixa

It took 700 Lapis to get:

- Rydia 5* from 1 to 80
- CoD 6* from 71 to 100

3 Times I got 3 cactuars, once I got Great Success, obviously the trolling time (when the unit would be max level with success), how typical :p.

So after my dissapoint elza off banner, i said fuck it and tried 3 more 10+1 pulls
Im not gonna get Gilgamesh :(

Grats :D.

Do we know what the banner lineup might look like going forward? Really tempted to do an 11 pull, but will hold off if we have a great unit to pull in the next few weeks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So are we entering the stage in the Meta where you are screwed without Dual Wield units ? Kinda feels like it xD

Very impressive run :eek:
But also semi-confirms that i wont be getting Maxwell haha.

Now that I have Garland and Tilith(and Bartz but fuck him) I can't think of anything I want to pull for.

Guess WoL if he shows up again, I'll never pull for a base 5 star.

desverger

I just wanna point out that this trial is a stupid RNG bullshit fight of getting lucky enough to get those esper summon orbs. So aggravating when everything goes perfectly BESIDES getting those drops from attacks.

Rixa

Errh, beating Maxwell for me was easy on 2nd try. But getting Esper orbs :(. See how many orbs my party got (or how many LB crystals) :(((

Screenshot_20161118-132534.png

Exdeath was dead after 2 turns. Maybe I swap Medius and use Auto Bowgun.
You get one 5% moogle for clear rewards and 2nd one from Mission rewards.

mikemandey

Hmm, probably it's quite sudden but it looks like I have to retire from this game soon. There are some reasons, but one of the main reasons is I need to stop spending money on these kind of games. I'm a sucker and I usually can't control myself well.. lol

Btw, I don't mind giving away my account for free to any gaffers who love this game but don't have good units. It's attached to a FB dummy acc :D

Alkez

Hmm, probably it's quite sudden but it looks like I have to retire from this game soon. There are some reasons, but one of the main reasons is I need to stop spending money on these kind of games. I'm a sucker and I usually can't control myself well.. lol

Btw, I don't mind giving away my account for free to any gaffers who love this game but don't have good units. It's attached to a FB dummy acc :D

Damn that sucks dude. You have some really strong units iirc. But if you're struggling to not spend money and you feel this is what's best for you then I can't blame you tbh. Sorry to see a Gaffer go.

Sorry to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck!

Dandte

Maybe you should take a break first and only log in for daily rewards.

If you really decide to quit and nobod else wants it, i would take it and use it as a f2p alt account. :)

Back to maxwell....fuck her and her stupid i decide to kill everything you love attitude.

Also i regret i went casual on the arena and the winning streak :-(

My daily pull was my third exdeath.

chrono01

Sorry to see you go. If you feel like it's for the best then it probably is, still saddening though. :(

Maybe keep your account around and just restrict yourself to daily login and nothing beyond that? Unless you need to rid yourself of the temptation entirely, in which case I can understand. These gatcha games can be highly addictive if you're not careful, especially if you're prone to spending money on them.

Regardless of what you decide, best of luck to you. Should you leave, know that you are always welcome here (or if ever choose to return to the game at a later time)!

mikemandey

Damn that sucks dude. You have some really strong units iirc. But if you're struggling to not spend money and you feel this is what's best for you then I can't blame you tbh. Sorry to see a Gaffer go.

Sorry to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck!

Maybe you should take a break first and only log in for daily rewards.

If you really decide to quit and nobod else wants it, i would take it and use it as a f2p alt account. :)

Back to maxwell....fuck her and her stupid i decide to kill everything you love attitude.

Also i regret i went casual on the arena and the winning streak :-(

My daily pull was my third exdeath.

Sorry to see you go. If you feel like it's for the best then it probably is, still saddening though. :(

Maybe keep your account around and just restrict yourself to daily login and nothing beyond that? Unless you need to rid yourself of the temptation entirely, in which case I can understand. These gatcha games can be highly addictive if you're not careful, especially if you're prone to spending money on them.

Regardless of what you decide, best of luck to you. Should you leave, know that you are always welcome here (or if ever choose to return to the game at a later time)!

Haha.. Thank you guys for your kind message.

One gaffer have already pm'ed me and I'll give it to him

It's a beast account: 6* DKC, 6* Luneth, 6* Lightning, 6* Elza, 6* Refia .. I hope that lucky guy can help the other gaffers in the future :)

Rixa

After 7 turns against Maxwell I had whopping 2 orbs in Esper Bar. I accidentally even made one turn go full auto :D.

Talk about rng.

KeRaSh

Welp, no chance of beating Maxwell on my end. Just don't have strong enough units.

Same here and that includes:

The best Tank GL
The best healer GL
The best mage GL
The third best mage GL
The third best support GL
+ the best suppot / third best physical damage dealer GL thats stuffed with so many TMs that it even puts Valentus' units to shame...

If that is not enough to kill her then I really don't know what else to do.

Rage pulled a gold crystal.
Krile...
*tosses phone to the side*

scarlet

I fused all my Ludmille into one dualcast. still not helping :/

It's either I can kill her, but no Diabolos
Or I could use Diabolos, but she killed me.

Raika

Cleared Maxwell, got carried hard by Valentus' Elza. Couldn't get any of the achievements though, how in the hell are you even supposed to survive long enough to summon Diablos when the damn bar fills so slowly. ._.

For reference team used was Elza/Cecil/Agrias/Refia/Ramza. I just kept up buffs, debuffs and heals and let Valentus' Elza do most of the damage.

c-murph

Beat Maxwell. Wasn't too bad with two Elza in the party beating his ass. Didn't get the dark Resistance reward though but nobody cares about that.

Edit: Oh no the daily summon is for the Dark Destroyers banner.... :(

Pulled Terra... No.4.

ExVicis

Aaaaah, even that still looked tough for you. I think I need to level up my CoD and maybe Tilith before I do this fight.

Edit: Oh yeah and Daily Pull today was Kefka. Which I guess is better than Tellah but I really like and am attached to Tellah. Also all I read that says my Arc is better than Tellah and Kefka anyway? So I'm not sure who to level up.

Pejo

Well shit, I accidentally 2-turned Maxwell (thanks to help from Valentus' Elza), but I was actually a bit upset, Elza had full LB bar, and I was hoping to use it turn 3, but she just madness rushed ol' Maxxie to death.

For those of you using an Elza in this fight, that -50% def/spr move is ridiculously overpowered. It's worth losing a round of madness rush to get it off at the beginning.

Going to wait til I get another OP'd Elza and try again with Garnet in the party. No way am I going to build enough esper bar to summon diabolos without her. Still have to do the "kill with a limit burst" too, but may/may not try for that.

Rixa

This run was atleast 8 turns.I used Full Life 5 or 6 times, 2 Turbo Ethers...
Last orb dropped too late, when the Maxwell was dead :(.

Screenshot_20161118-145236.png
Screenshot_20161118-145302.png

Got the 10k Karma but not happy about this bs rng and those orbs not dropping.

CCIE

Banned
I fought Maxwell with Valentus Elza. Had her, but she one-shotted the entire party due to lack of elemental resistance the turn before she would die. They were all at full health too... After that, I'm pretty sure I can beat her with Valentus help. And I even got Diabolos off before that last round

But I need CoD first. So I used a little over 800 lapis, and have leveled CoD to 6* 74 currently from base 5* running the dunes. Stopping for now, but I will try various times during the day today, while continuing to run the dunes and only when Valentus' Elza is available. I think it might take a few tries, but with Omniveil I think I can survive that last BS barrage

Daily pull, another CoD, and I pulled Gaf with a ticket. One more, and I can farm a pair of bracers for my Lightning...

ExVicis

I fought Maxwell with Valentus Elza. Had her, but she one-shotted the entire party due to lack of elemental resistance the turn before she would die. They were all at full health too... After that, I'm pretty sure I can beat her with Valentus help. And I even got Diabolos off before that last round

But I need CoD first. So I used a little over 800 lapis, and have leveled CoD to 6* 74 currently from base 5* running the dunes. Stopping for now, but I will try various times during the day today, while continuing to run the dunes and only when Valentus' Elza is available. I think it might take a few tries, but with Omniveil I think I can survive that last BS barrage

Daily pull, another CoD, and I pulled Gaf with a ticket. One more, and I can farm a pair of bracers for my Lightning...
Yeah it's looking like CoD is incredibly helpful for this fight so I'm doing the same thing and hitting the Cactuar Dunes. CoD is around level 90 so maybe whatever extras I have I'll throw at Tilith to get her started.

Ever since Golbez I'm over-preparing for all boss fights now as much as I can.

H3xum

Cant believe me and my whack team did it.

Refia embolden
Cecil focus and provoke
Agrias full break and then imperil
Arc dual casting aga
Chiz Barraging
Friend Luneth who had DKCs TM sword equipped

Didn't get Maxwell because of the bar, but, killed none the less. Is this a limited time event? Only a week to get him?

Also...

Whizkid7

So the good news is I can beat Maxwell with my dinky team. The bad news is I have no idea how the he'll I'll get Diabolos out. I guess Rydia's gonna get a chance to shine cuz I can't see any other way to make this happen. Though maybe if if went in with a luneth friend and auto attacked the first round or two...well knowing I can beat it I can afford to experiment a little. CoD is definitely the big winner here.

Haha.. Thank you guys for your kind message.

One gaffer have already pm'ed me and I'll give it to him

It's a beast account: 6* DKC, 6* Luneth, 6* Lightning, 6* Elza, 6* Refia .. I hope that lucky guy can help the other gaffers in the future :)

So, for the record, I'm the Gaffer that he referenced. Here's my question though...

How would I go about using his account? I'm assuming that I would have to create a new FFBE account and start from fresh and then signing into this other FB account to sync up the units? Do I just logout on my FFBE account or do I need to delete/reinstall the app? I'm on iOS, for the record.

If so, I would imagine I would lose all of my friends list and whatnot, yes?

If all of the above is true, I will send out my new ID and whatnot for everyone to befriend and you can remove my old ID once I get the dust settled. Hopefully I can build from this account and be a help to everyone here!

Whhhhheeeeewww baby

Got Maxwell first try

How damn this is a tough one

Didnt get the LB kill or the no deaths (lol)

Umm totally doable though. Valentus may want to consider dropping Diablolos for Ifrit. Your Elza is a monster but WAYY too squishy

Ok I think I might have some tips for you guys. Double Tank. 2 DPS 1 healer and One breaker

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Holy Shit :eek:

Wasnt even going to do a Daily pull this time because i already have CoD/Garland and the chance of getting DKC is too low. I didnt see this coming at all.
So are we entering the stage in the Meta where you are screwed without Dual Wield units ? Kinda feels like it xD
Me 2 hours ago - Gacha Gods are reading thsi thread lol

This run was atleast 8 turns.I used Full Life 5 or 6 times, 2 Turbo Ethers...
Last orb dropped too late, when the Maxwell was dead :(.

Got the 10k Karma but not happy about this bs rng and those orbs not dropping.
Damn....so close yet so far - but at least you know you can get him. But i agree it sucks how much RNG is involved when it comes LB and Esper meter.

Celegus

I've had a second CoD sitting at 5* maxed for a while now, so it looks like now's the time to upgrade her and run one support CoD and one murder CoD. This whole esper gauge thing looks awful though, wish I had a Garnet! Still don't have full break either so hopefully that's not required.

Valentus

To all the people that is having struggle with Maxwell, please take note of those things:

1.- this the first trial where you really are in "if you dont have XXX unit you are fucked" situation. Get used to it, all gacha games has some trials like this.

2.- FOLLOW MAXWELL PATTERN:

Turn 1: Genesis
Turn 2: 7 or 8 attacks (alternate between normal attacks and Destiny)
Turn 3: Sacred song + attacks
Turn 4: RUNE - YOU ARE FUCKED

And she repeats that pattern.

When Maxwell gets to 60% HP threshold mark: Meteor - YOU ARE FUCKED IF SACRED SONG IS ACTIVE

When Maxwell gets to 50% HP Threshold: Revive and normal attacks

When Maxwell gets to 50% HP Threshold: METEOR AGAIN - FUCK YOU ALL

When Maxwell gets to 30% HP Threshold: ENDLESS, YES, ITS THE END FOR YOU SCRUB CHIZURU.

Tips to get it done:

Full Break and Elemental resistance are imperative. Genesis, Destiny and Rune are holy element attacks, and WoL and Cecil with elemental def up can endure it like a champions.

When Maxwell cast Sacred Song, DISPEL HER SHIT, you cannot survive her massive ATK boost that gets with sacred song.

Defend with your weakest units in the turn of Rune.

DONT THROW DISEASE ON TURN 1, YOUR PARTY CAN ENDURE GENESIS. Disease her in turn 2 so you can have that extra crucial turn of maxwell with disease.

This isnt a fight where you can win with auto unless you have a monster party.

So regarding the Esper gauge

You might get caught in an bad loop against the boss if you are trying to pull this off

I feel like Dual cast Refia would be absolute MVP here. Also this is a great fight for the demonic Life materias. That clutch defense when you are against the wall is essential

Dont be afraid to use Items to suppliment your effort.

Honestly the Tanks and Healers are the focus here. Keepin his attacks glues to the tank as much as possible, breaking his damage consistently, and strategizing when to do what moves is important

My fight went long and I ended up using some Phoenix downs and elixers. Barely pulled it off but once the Summon gauge was up I revived and elixered Valentus's Elza and rushed down

Valentus Elza can actually almost 3 turn the boss if you setup ravaging blow into Madness rush. The issue is her squishness. I so avoid having Cecil cast focus and go right into Provoke

Ugh... its such a complex fight and i have so many tips. And even then you can end up with bad RNG with single target strikes which is why defense, revives, and items are so important. You need to be able to reset key party members when needed

ExVicis

Cant believe me and my whack team did it.

Refia embolden
Cecil focus and provoke
Agrias full break and then imperil
Arc dual casting aga
Chiz Barraging
Friend Luneth who had DKCs TM sword equipped

Didn't get Maxwell because of the bar, but, killed none the less. Is this a limited time event? Only a week to get him?

Also...
PddiCPW.jpg

Damn son, very nice. I'm hoping my Cecil someday will trust me that much. Zidane first though as I learned yesterday.

So guys what I think would work great

Double Tanks

Anyone that will draw attacks. Preferably Cecil and WoL since they can handle it best

Refia... Dude Refia's Embolden is kind of a big deal with 5 turns. This fight goes long if you want to evoke Diablolos unless you have some means to rush the gauge.

Breakers. Ramza, Delita, Agrias, Ingus, WoL, Vaan etc... You have to put every break you can and keep them up. The stronger the better. Ramza shines here

DPS - The tankier the better. Preferably a 6 star. Most of you should have CoD or try to pull and rush one. But mostly you will be relying on one of our Whale friends to do the heavy lifting. DKC, Elza, Luneth, Lightning, BCL etc...

Use items when needed.

Rixa

So regarding the Esper gauge...

Valentus Elza can actually almost 3 turn the boss if you setup ravaging blow into Madness rush. The issue is her squishness. I so avoid having Cecil cast focus and go right into Provoke

Ugh... its such a complex fight and i have so many tips. And even then you can end up with bad RNG with single target strikes which is why defense, revives, and items are so important. You need to be able to reset key party members when needed

I think this fight was atleast 10 turns.

- @Valentus Elza was mostly attacking normally (except in the end it was Ravaging) (Died 2 times btw)
- Vaan was Full Breaking or making normal attacks
- Pestle CoD was barraging
- Weaker CoD was Omniveiling, normally attacking and feeding Turbo Ethers to Refia
- Refia Dual Casted Full Life & Curaja
- Cecil had another Dual Cast Curaja jobbing when Refia was Full Lifing

So frustrating to finish turns with five units attacking and getting 0 Esper orbs.

BUT FUCK YEAH! I DID BEAT THE FUCKING BULLSHIT RNG \o/.

Screenshot_20161118-152556.png
Screenshot_20161118-152632.png
Screenshot_20161118-152701.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom