• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

Alright guys. Bearing in mind I have very few units capable of Fullbreak that I got really not that long ago.

You guys think it's possible for me to beat Maxwell with this team? Or should I just hold off and take the time to level my only FB capable unit (a level 20 4-star Agrias) and replace Tellah?

My team was much worse and I did it. You will be fine with a heavy friend

tuffymon

Well, decided to try Maxwell this morning before going to school, Valentus' Elza was enough to win with my setup in 3 turns. No deaths, but no limit or summon. Maxwell was SUPER tame this go...

Maxwell is easy to burn down with a Mega Elza

Building to survive for Diabolos summon is the trick

I would almost say build a Walling team that can safely pepper the boss to build meter and then revive Whale Elza for summon and rushdown

Phoenix Down and Elixer would also work

H3xum

The lack of Sacred/Holy Crystals from this Mog Event really stinks.

I don't have enough NRG for what I need or for what I want!

On the "want" end of things, did people buy up the weapons from the Karma event?

I have all the SQ, Tickets, cheap 6* mats and the Moogle. Don't know if I want to grind that more for at least the fire sword or maybe the 50% materia (though I don't think that is that big of a deal since I have a Refia constantly Embolding)

Pejo

Man I am really considering doing a few more 10+1s to try to get an Elza. That -50% debuff mixed with madness rush and maneater is just too good. It's pretty much the perfect compliment to my current team for both arena and harder content....

I just hate the fact that she's not a true FF unit and that I have no affinity for her other than her obvious strength. What to do...

Syntsui

Man I am really considering doing a few more 10+1s to try to get an Elza. That -50% debuff mixed with madness rush and maneater is just too good. It's pretty much the perfect compliment to my current team for both arena and harder content....

I just hate the fact that she's not a true FF unit and that I have no affinity for her other than her obvious strength. What to do...
How many friends on your list have her? Save your Lapis for Gilgamesh, he will be the best unit in the game.

Dispelling Sacred Song is key of you're trying to obtain enough esper gauge to summon Diablos. Otherwise that shit is going to wipe you out.

You basically need to react and multitask

Not only dispel but also reapply buffs and debuffs

You basically have to leverage all your options and roles the units play each turn

Dont be afraid to use items

bonkeng

So, here's my team.

WLyBbDQ.png

First Turn: Fullbreak, Focus, Omniveil, rest attack

2nd Turn: Garnet defend, Cecil heal, rest attack. Almost all LB crystal went to Garnet, maxing her LB.

3rd Turn: Garnet LB, evoke Diabolos

The rest is a matter of defend, fullbreak, focus, dispel, heal, omniveil. Cecil's LB also really helped a lot.

And done.

I used Celegus' CoD. Call of the Void dealt 100k damage each hit. Although Valentus' Elza and tuffy's CoD will also be equally important.

forgrim

Damn i decided to pull 5 tickets on the dark destroyer banner since i have nothing but garland and out popped my first rainbow!! (Been playing since march)

I prayed itd be the banner rainbow and not troll and...out comes ramza.

My first five star, ill take it!

Edit: anyone have a big CoD i can use to try to win this event?

CCIE

Banned
Okay, now I can survive round four. However, I Dispel Sacred Song. Get off my summon, and then he comes out with this Destiny attack that basically wipes me out as well... in round five

Getting frustrated. Think I might just sit back in defense and let Valentus unit solo him when available again

Azuran

Banned
Tough call. You can save them until you have enough to get any future TM you want or spend them now to power a unit... but odds are you'll probably have issues using them in the future too. idk. You're call.

I'll probably use it. My two Kain in the cooker are at combined 92.7% atm so Gungnir is right around the corner. Should make my Elza into a great attacker.

That should free up three slots so I can start working on Dualcast, Excalibur and another Dual Wield (or another Dualcast to get Refia ready for forever)

Okay, now I can survive round four. However, I Dispel Sacred Song. Get off my summon, and then he comes out with this Destiny attack that basically wipes me out as well... in round five

Getting frustrated. Think I might just sit back in defense and let Valentus unit solo him when available again

Rune also dispels your party

You either need that Demonic Life Materia up or Take that turn to reapply buffs and debuffs

c-murph

I'll probably use it. My two Kain in the cooker are at combined 92.7% atm so Gungnir is right around the corner. Should make my Elza into a great attacker.

That should free up three slots so I can start working on Dualcast, Excalibur and another Dual Wield (or another Dualcast to get Refia ready for forever)

Perfect. You need Dual Wield and two powerful Spears on Elza. Makes her Madness Rush complete murder with six hits. Especially in PVP since she can't be killed by revive like Call of Duty can.

Obtained Maxwell. Prior to this fight I beat it with my 5 man team and no companion but couldn't get the esper gauge up (I wanted a challenge!)

My Lightning, Elza, Cecil, Refia, WOL, and.......Valentus Elza.

Cecil and Refia for dispel of Sacred Song and heals, WOL for the Full Break. Rest for DPS. DPS were using a mix of AA and abilities to build up the gauge. Once the Gauge was up all dps used their best abilities and I had Valentus Elza use her LB to get the kill for the mission reward.

My thoughts on this whole thing is that you can easily beat Maxwell if you have some decent 6* units and a good companion friend. The HARD part is getting the esper gauge up for the mission reward. Dispelling Sacred Song is key, dual cast Refia was my MVP in this as was Cecil's cover. Him and WOL were covering everything, it was a sight to behold. As it was previously mentioned earlier in the thread Trials are not meant to be easy but the rewards are generally great. They will require pretty beefy teams, setups, thought process and a lot of luck regarding RNG. My Elza isn't as strong as Valentus but by the time this trial is winding down it will be very close.

tariniel

Think I can do the trial with Lightning, WoL, Lenna, Kefka, Tellah, and an OP Elza/Lightning/CoD friend?

I don't want to waste NRG if it's hopeless. I have a 6* Cecil and Refia that I'm leveling and can wait until they're leveled if it would work better.

Also game please, I wan't a CoD so badly on this banner... I daily pulled and did a few tickets and got Lani, Garland, Maria, Luna. :(

Pejo

How many friends on your list have her? Save your Lapis for Gilgamesh, he will be the best unit in the game.

Yea maybe I should just suck it up for the time being. Provided I get this Diabolos thing working with Maxwell, there hasn't been anything really stopping my team yet with a powerful friend unit.

Gilgamesh looks great, but he is just an upgrade in damage for a single character. Elza is a great damage character on her own, and additionally makes everyone on the team hit harder. That's why I'd like her.

Valentus

Isnt maxwell available 1 day before and then taken down?

in 1 day you can get 1 unit TM to 20%. With aggresive refill, but still. (the other 80% is with the 7 trust moogles and 2 mini moogles)

CCIE

Banned
I cannot beat this bitch... Frustrated. Don't think I will try it again at all without Valentus unit. My team is totally incapable

Pejo

Fuck yea!!!

Did 2 10+1's and got 2 Lunas - finishing my Barrage TM, annnnnnd ELZA!!

I'm literally shaky right now I'm so happy. Thank god Dunes are here this weekend, time to grind out some cactaurs.

I never thought I'd actually get her, and 3 pulls was the max I was willing to spend. So damn happy.

I tried the maxwell event for shits and giggles. Yea, not happening...

also did 2 11 pulls. Got everything from the new banner except DKC. Which ones should I focus on?

I'm also running out of unit space. Are there any units that aren't even worth keeping for TM?

EDarkness

I cannot beat this bitch... Frustrated. Don't think I will try it again at all without Valentus unit. My team is totally incapable

I have to agree. I took Rydia, but damn Cecil stole all of the LB orange things so her bar never really went up. She generally dies on the first second or third round which makes her pretty worthless. I don't have Garnet, so I can't use her to build up the bar. I think I may just try to beat Maxwell normally and then try to get her as a unit later. Also, I had to give up CoD using Diablos, because she takes an insane amount of damage using that esper. Not sure what else to do, honestly, because I don't have a good attacker and I REALLY need one. All I have is CoD and it's extremely frustrating. I'm 0-4 right now and I'm not sure I can really do it without Valentus' character.

I feel like they really should have waited to release this, because I doubt most people have the groups to get this done. It's just like taunting people. Just not cool.

Still, my group is 6* CoD, 6* Refia, 6* Cecil, 5* Rydia, 5* WoL and generally Valentus' character.

Was bummed out that my pull ended up being Bedile. Ugh. I have such crappy ass luck pulling anything worth a damn in this game. Frustrating....

CCIE

Banned
The power creep on this game is concerning. You basically cannot win without Elza and a host of six star units. Some people have done so with multiple CoD's and WoL, but I haven't seen a single clear yet on this board that didn't have either Elza, or WoL, or both.

I have neither of these units...

And then I ran into a BS Arena team, with 2xLightning, Elza, Refia, Cecil. And it was a lousy 1.08 on the multiplier. I think I'm done for the day. I'm about to throw my phone out the window

tariniel

The power creep on this game is concerning. You basically cannot win without Elza and a host of six star units. Some people have done so with multiple CoD's and WoL, but I haven't seen a single clear yet on this board that didn't have either Elza, or WoL, or both.

I have neither of these units...

You don't have anyone with Full Break? Or is there something about WoL that makes him better than other units with FB for this one?

Curious because I have WoL but I was going to take Cecil to tank and Vaan to FB instead of him.

Syntsui

You don't have anyone with Full Break? Or is there something about WoL that makes him better than other units with FB for this one?

Curious because I have WoL but I was going to take Cecil to tank and Vaan to FB instead of him.

Vaan is fine for breaks, don't worry. WoL is good because he resists light, but he is not a ''must have'' at all.

EDarkness

WoL and Cecil tank this like a champ. WoL also has Full Break which is nice as well. I can see why people would want to go with WoL instead of someone like Vaan. The man problem is the sheer amount of damage being thrown around. It's pretty crazy. Rydia (with her measly 2100 HP) doesn't last long at all. I just hope I can get a couple of rounds out of her.

Azuran

Banned

WoL has great Light resistance so he doesn't requite much support to keep him alive.

H3xum

I did it with Arc, Cecil, Refia, Agrias, Chiz and a friend Luneth. Just kept Focus up and Embolden up. Guarded and dispelled a lot.

Lyrian

Gah.... why does it take SO long to level up a 6*???

I have some ideas, CCIE, but I want to test them before I say anything formally.

20 more levels left on Refia. /grumble

-- Rolled 8 times on the new banner: FOUR CoDs (roflmao), 2 Firions, and a Golbez. Mkay....

Eidjinn

I was so close! I think it was less than 20% health!
My team: Cod lv. 90. Cod lv. 55, Refia lv.90, Vaan lv max, Cecil. max and powerfull friend.

1st round: Full Break, omni-veil, Focus, Embolden
2st round: attack, protect...
3 round and on: rinse and repeat.

BUT! What's the name of the spell that Maxwell uses to buff himself? Rune?

So after he uses Rune, I use dispell? Is that it?

Is it doable with this team? Hell, Vaan dies too quickly!

Alkez

If you're talking about just clearing the fight I posted earlier today that I did it with CoD, Agrius, Charlotte, BCL, Refia, and Tuffymon's CoD. No WoL or 6* Cecil.

If you're talking about the Diabolos part then I have yet to do that. I'm getting close though.

Edit: My Refia is only lv.95 so I'm focusing on getting her to 100 first so I have full life (and a bit more defence). With a bit of luck I can do the Diabolos summon and win the fight.

Still, my group is 6* CoD, 6* Refia, 6* Cecil, 5* Rydia, 5* WoL and generally Valentus' character.

EDarkness if you're looking to just clear it I managed to do it with a similar (but slightly worse) team. If you use Tuffymon or Celegus' CoD the chained Call of the Void will do a lot of damage.

CCIE

Banned
I have Agrias to FB, but it's a completely wasted slot, and a second wasted slot with Garnet for the LB. So basically, I am trying to win with three people and a whale unit, because no WoL

Using Refia (spends all of her time reviving dead units, Curaja, Dispel)
Cecil (Does NOTHING but defend, Focus, etc, Curaja, and Dispel)
Lightning or CoD ( Need Lightning for any other round that doesn't have Valentus, because the whale cannot do it on their own).
Agrias basically does nothing but FB, and die over and over and over again
Garnet - completely useless except to get Diabolos summon. Can do that every time, but she does NOTHING but defend, then LB, and die

With any unit besides Elza, I simply cannot get him down past 2/3 before I get annihilated. Even defending in Round 4 with everyone, typically whoever has Diabolos dies anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom