• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it sucks missing out on Maxwell but Future events and banners are going to have much better units

Nothing has changed other than the fear of missing out

Build a team if you can and try. At the very least most of you should be able to make a team that can get the Moogles

I do have a COD but its a 5*

There ya go! Take this next week to get that CoD to 6* max

That will most definitely improve you chances of clearing the trial

Pbae

If you aren't a whale, they don't care about you.

I'm just giving my two cents since I'm a f2p player that started a couple of months ago.

This game is very generous and of course there are incentives to use real money but it's very forgiving to casual players like me.

For this event, I think it seems very difficult, especially if you started later on, but for those that stuck with the game, the amount of pulls and time invested should have netted you a couple of TM's, very nice gear from all the events and the time needed to farm magicites and other high tier accessories.

In a vacuum, yes it does seem like a rather steep difficulty, but you're also getting a very powerful character for clearing the content. I think events like these are meant for the loyal casual players that might not have netted a base 5* but have over time invested in the characters they like and want to use.

Taken from Reddit for those who need help:

^ It can be done!

Thank you for sharing. This is a HUGE help. My only issue is the evoke... where in this strategy do you plan to unleash Diabolos? Or is this simply a strategy to beat her?

Now I just need to get my brand spanking new 3* CoD up to 6* by the end of the week. Oy....

Since I'm not doing anything for Thanksgiving, I tried another few attempts at Elza -- so of course, no luck. I did, however, land a 3* Call of Duty and a Bartz, another Cecil, and I'm up to 6 Tiliths and 6 Karls and Serias, along with 13 Lunas. :/

So, yeah. I'm good for a while. Can field a whole 6* team now. I'll try to take down Maxwell without leveling CoD and my still-5* Cecil.

Thank you for sharing. This is a HUGE help. My only issue is the evoke... where in this strategy do you plan to unleash Diabolos? Or is this simply a strategy to beat her?

I did it on my first attempt and it was Messy!

I brought Val's Elza and started off with buffs and an opening volley

Continued Debuffs and attacks round two and then the pain came. I basically just went into survival mode while chipping away with Luneth before Elza went down.

Hit a stalemate with this fucker at 25% health. I started burning items (phoenix down and elixers) and eventually ended up with a full gauge over the long and drawn out battle

I evenutally caught a few breaks, recovered Elza and score a clutch kill with Elza and Luneth

To be Fair though I have a solid team. Cecil, BCL, Refia, Ramza and Luneth with Friend Elza

Aurizen

Yeah it sucks missing out on Maxwell but Future events and banners are going to have much better units

Nothing has changed other than the fear of missing out

Build a team if you can and try. At the very least most of you should be able to make a team that can get the Moogles

There ya go! Take this next week to get that CoD to 6* max

That will most definitely improve you chances of clearing the trial

If I could max out my COD would there be a way for me to claim Maxwell?

I cannot beat this bitch... Frustrated. Don't think I will try it again at all without Valentus unit. My team is totally incapable

I thought that last night too. I tried once more and did it no problem. There is a certain combo of attacks the boss used that can automatically wreck you. Don't run into that and you'll beat it! One thing I wasn't doing was dispelling it's attack buff. Now that I know to do that, I'll try for the diablos evoke.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think its more about the free 5 star and insane 30% attack materia. (Yes, I know its also Magic as well, but Shantotto already existed)

It's a 5* Base, with a max 5* level. She is currently listed on par with Vaan and others, but I would say she should be even lower since he kit is fairly weak for PvE. She'll be alright in PvP.

Her TM is pretty great though, but like with all TMs. Unless you're saving Moogles or using Lapis refreshes, most of us only get a batch every 2months or so.

tuffymon

It's a 5* Base, with a max 5* level. She is currently listed on par with Vaan and others, but I would say she should be even lower since he kit is fairly weak for PvE. She'll be alright in PvP.

Her TM is pretty great though, but like with all TMs. Unless you're saving Moogles or using Lapis refreshes, most of us only get a batch every 2months or so.

Maxwell has a 6 star form, eventually. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/483

As someone else mentioned (somewhere earlier), we get 90 lapis a day without actually doing story etc, I'm thinking of doing a lapis refill a day to cut that time down.

I see. So how can I get the summon bar up during the fight?

Honestly its long term survival and management of the fight. You could get lucky and get a lot of orbs early but the core is maintaining control of the fight through defense.

Having the ability to rapidly recover and use your ace in the hole (friend summon) to close out the fight also helps

Pejo

I see. So how can I get the summon bar up during the fight?

This is actually a good question. I can probably count on 2 hands how many times I used an Esper in a battle. What exactly does fill the gauge? Just random on hit? Does a combo increase the chance? Is there anything to boost the % of getting an orb?

This is actually a good question. I can probably count on 2 hands how many times I used an Esper in a battle. What exactly does fill the gauge? Just random on hit? Does a combo increase the chance? Is there anything to boost the % of getting an orb?

No idea

I know some people mentioned that Barrage has a good chance of making orbs. Maybe doing chains also helps?

Aurizen

No idea

I know some people mentioned that Barrage has a good chance of making orbs. Maybe doing chains also helps?

Well I'm definitely not expecting to get Maxwell now lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Maxwell has a 6 star form, eventually. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/483

As someone else mentioned (somewhere earlier), we get 90 lapis a day without actually doing story etc, I'm thinking of doing a lapis refill a day to cut that time down.

Yeah, but most likely when she gets that 6*, she'll also reappear as a trial. So right now, you're fighting for a so-so 5* unit. But with an excellent TM

tariniel

Should I try to get Maxwell before grinding more Karma? Does she add a bonus if I bring her along to Vargas?

I'm nearly done with Karma anyway but I still need to level up Cecil and Refia, was hoping to do that before trying to clear the new mission.

Nirran

Should I try to get Maxwell before grinding more Karma? Does she add a bonus if I bring her along to Vargas?

I'm nearly done with Karma anyway but I still need to level up Cecil and Refia, was hoping to do that before trying to clear the new mission.

Believe she gives an extra 100% on top.

CCIE

Banned
This is all kinds of shit... I now HATE this game. I get whale units - doesn't matter. I buff the crap out of EVERYTHING. Yet somehow, someway even when I defend at full health and buffed to the fucking moon, I lose Agrias every damned time in the fourth round ( and no, she doesn't have the Diabolos Esper). The Maxwell bitch goes after her, specifically. Which is truly terrible, because she is the full break unit.

Which means that even if I dispel at the start of the fifth round, the Maxwell bitch is so strong without being broken that without a magic break capability she one shots my defending party. It's happened five times in a row now.

I'm stuck in some kind of BS RNG loop from Hell. I give up. I'm going to level my units, and just run TMR. Because I cannot beat this bitch. And now I'm getting torn up in the Arena to boot.

This is all kinds of shit... I now HATE this game. I get whale units - doesn't matter. I buff the crap out of EVERYTHING. Yet somehow, someway even when I defend at full health and buffed to the fucking moon, I lose Agrias every damned time in the fourth round ( and no, she doesn't have the Diabolos Esper). The Maxwell bitch goes after her, specifically. Which is truly terrible, because she is the full break unit.

Which means that even if I dispel at the start of the fifth round, the Maxwell bitch is so strong without being broken that without a magic break capability she one shots my defending party. It's happened five times in a row now.

I'm stuck in some kind of BS RNG loop from Hell. I give up. I'm going to level my units, and just run TMR. Because I cannot beat this bitch. And now I'm getting torn up in the Arena to boot.

Fuuuuuccckkk CCIE

Im sorry :(

What friend unit have you been using and who did you throw Diabolos on?

ExVicis

I only kind of saw before but I don't think you said everyone who is in your full team.

Who else are you running with you to try this?

CCIE

Banned
I've used Valentus... he has Diabolos
I've used Celegus, and Zera, and Cybrwzrd, and even Lenneth (the super whale)

None of it makes a difference. And all I am doing is defending constantly at this point, which means that she kills me in rounds five and six instead of earlier.

Is there some kind of equipment I should NOT be wearing?

My team is Refia, Cecil, Agrias, Garnet, and either Lightning or CoD depending on who the whale is I have with me. If I bring CoD, the whale has to do EVERYTHING, because my CoD is such a weak POS.

ExVicis

None of it makes a difference. And all I am doing is defending constantly at this point, which means that she kills me in rounds five and six instead of earlier.

I'm not sure.

The team I was running earlier with just Cecil, Lightning, CoD, Refia, Tellah and (Valentus) Elza seemed to be able to do it. Albeit that was lacking Agrias for Fullbreak and without trying to get the Diablos summon yet.

Yeah Im confused. I dont feel like your characters are any weaker than mine

If you have Embolden, Focus and Full break up you should be alive from a volley

I would definitely have Cecil Provoke first turn

Maybe Stack defensive materia? Such as Event Materia, HP, SPR etcc?

Pejo

Maybe try swapping out accessories for Muscle Belts for better survivability? I also grabbed all the HP materia from the current and past events, but you could at least get the ones from the BF exchange list. Then again, in every game where I have an option, i like to really pump up my HP to be tanky.

I'm no expert on this event or anything, just want to show my sympathies.

EDarkness

Sorry, i cant take people not spending a dime in a game and then telling "fuck gumi i cant pass this trial in this game where i dont spend a dollar, your game suck"

Also, friend units are here for the lack of party units.

All gacha games are half fun / half pay 2 win, we are in a event that is mostly p2w. Did you clear it? Awesome dude, congratz. Did you not? Deal with it and keep enjoying your 100% free game in all the other aspectcs the game has to offer you.

Here's the thing, man. Even if you pay money in this game, there's no guarantee that you'll get anything worthwhile. I have no problems paying something into this game, however, I refuse to pay for essentially gambling. If there was a pay option for the character you want at some reasonable cost, then I'd be all for it. But a person could spend hundreds of dollars on this game and walk away with nothing. That's not worth paying for, in my opinion. I could pay for the chance to get something, but I don't have money to burn on things stuff like this. I'm basically a poor guy trying to enjoy the game the best I can. I'm sure there are other guys who are doing the same. That said, if I could pay $5 a month to get a character, I would. That's something reasonable.

Muku

This game is pretty generous to F2P from what I seen so far. Free lapis in batches, easy events to gear up, and easily obtainable trust moogles so everyone can have at least one good TM gear/ability if they need it.

Take a look at something like Kingdom Hearts Unchained x if you really want to see a game where F2P get completely screwed over (which I also played because I'm a sucker for punishment)

Lapis doesn't mean anything. I'm not doing 10+1. Why? Because it'll be all Shadow and Bedile. My luck actually comes from tickets. Pulls themselves with Lapis blow for me.

You also would have to have started in beginning to have all TM up to this point to get that far. I don't feel like the one from this event is worth it. Especially not having pulled any banner character. I rely on guests for any bonus. But even still, it'd only be one TM item/ability. Not going to change the world for ya to be honest.

Maybe other F2P games have it worse, but I play to have fun. If something no longer becomes fun, especially as F2P, then why would I continue? Game is just made for whales. They're not even seemingly interested all that much in the smaller fish that could contribute to the pool.

Edit: As for not spending money in this game, they screwed that when they didn't really state how the FB thing worked and it connected to wrong account. And that they can't delete it? Yeah, even if I became rich tomorrow I would not spend a cent on this. Because if my account where to have ANY major issues, I could potentially lose all that money because it's not 'tied' to something. I think tying a social media account to a game for a save has to be a ridiculous thing. And fact they don't really provide support on it makes it worse. After dealing with their customer service on a couple of issues, they lost me completely. Their customer service doesn't even want to help or read

Also, my whale comment goes back to they don't care if you aren't a whale. They don't care about small fish adding to the pool. Whale or gtfo

Here's the thing, man. Even if you pay money in this game, there's no guarantee that you'll get anything worthwhile. I have no problems paying something into this game, however, I refuse to pay for essentially gambling. If there was a pay option for the character you want at some reasonable cost, then I'd be all for it. But a person could spend hundreds of dollars on this game and walk away with nothing. That's not worth paying for, in my opinion. I could pay for the chance to get something, but I don't have money to burn on things stuff like this. I'm basically a poor guy trying to enjoy the game the best I can. I'm sure there are other guys who are doing the same. That said, if I could pay $5 a month to get a character, I would. That's something reasonable.

Not to sound trite, but is this your first gacha game? They literally all work this way. If they were to offer a way to get guaranteed pulls, the only way they could do so and make as much as they make with random pulls would be to charge about $200-$300 for one unit of your choice.

Xion86

1XvM6ill.png

8Qtb9wXl.png

Yesss!!!! What a fight!! I got both the achievements at one go!! Kept Elzas limit break on hold to the end of the fight whilst the summon bar was filling up (so damn slowly), it seemed to fill the most when Cloud of Darkness was using Barrage. When the Esper bar was full, I realised my Elsa friend didn't have Diablos set!! But it was good in a way as I was able to use Diablos on Luneth and Elzas limit break at the same time as the very last moves, which did it!! Wow.

Team:
Warrior of Light
Cecil
Cloud of Darkness
Refia
Luneth
Elsa (friend)

I was not nervous about her killing me, I was not nervous about accidentally killing her before using the limit break...I WAS NERVOUS ABOUT THE DAMN GAME CRASHING!!!

The game crashed twice, both times I had the Esper bar around 75% and was doing okay. When loading back into the game, it would crash loading, then when it eventually got in I would have to start the fight from scratch. It was a slow and steady battle, had to limit the moves so he didn't die.

Needed to use 2 Elixers.

My team is Refia, Cecil, Agrias, Garnet, and either Lightning or CoD depending on who the whale is I have with me. If I bring CoD, the whale has to do EVERYTHING, because my CoD is such a weak POS.

Dude I was having the exact same reaction last night. Eventually it didn't dick me over on my successful run.

With your units, embolden, omni veil, full break will keep you alive. Just have to hope the boss doesn't do the buff itself debuff you combo. Definitely use cod. Since you're running garnet you'll have to depend on someone's decked out elza. I used a luneth of my own for damage. I didn't evoke diablos but I'm confident your team can prevail. Also, use DISPEL when the boss buffs it's attack. I didn't know to do that.

Rixa

Back to basics. Tm grind continues :/

Reddit has nice guide (about same that has said here earlier)

Reddit said:
The key to survive long enough to charge the LB is to play around RUNE (every 4 turns) and endless (hp < 30%).

Maxwell will dispel you and buff herself every 4 turns. Damage is not key in this trial and if your healer and supports lose momentum and have to start reviving and missing buff timings you lose. So in your turn 4, 8, 12 and in the turn she reaches 30% just heal and guard with everyone else so next turn you can immediately dispel Maxwell, break and buff yourself.

Always keep these turns in mind and your goal for this fight is to always be with high hp, sufficient mp and guarding with most of your team at these milestones and never jeopardize this for damage or even to try fill the LB bar.

Seriously! Don't be greedy for the LB charge, just guard!

I also advise against using LB chargers like Rydia unless you have dualcast on your healer as reviving her will set your healing back.

Good luck with the trial and don't be like me using Elza's auto revive before the dispel....

On my successful run I didnt use Dispel. Simply because I forgot and I didnt guard either, just brute forced with Dual Casters.

Valentus

Megan, you can do it, just dont get frustrated and prepare your units if you must with the dunes.

Took any OP elza friend and follow this:

Turn 1

You: Cheer, Full Break, Omni Veil, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: Genesis, end turn. Genesis with onmi veil is a joke, so not worry here. If Maxwell cast any other thing but Genesis is because you drained her much HP and activated her HP thresholds.

Turn 2

You: Provoke, Curaja, Call of the Void, Enfeebling Slash (VERY IMPORTANT), ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: 2-3 Destiny, 3-4 normal attacks. End turn. Enfeebling is the ace here, with that you must disease max. If you do it, you have the upper hand to win the trial in the next 4 turns.

Turn 3

You: Cura/full break, Cheer/Curaja, Omni Veil, Madness Rush (Enfeebling again if Max is not diseased) ATTACK ATTACK

Maxwell: Probably meteor, or sacred song and normal attacks

See if you need to cure or refresh the buffs.

Turn 4

You: DISPEL, Full Break, Cheer, Call of the Void, Madness Rush, ATTACK ATTACK (or use items to heal like X potion or even elixirs)

Maxwell: probably meteor or resurrection and genesis and normal attacks

At this point you should trigger any of maxwell's HP thresholds and avoid Rune (that is the attack that game over your party)

Turn 5:

Go all out with full HP

Maxwell: Endless (if you can give her HP to 30%)

Nothing to add here, its you or she

Turn 6:

Go all out again to kill her

Just keep trying and you will make it girl.

EDarkness

I think a couple people are pissed because they saw this as a possibility to get a +Karma Bonus unit for the current event. Lets be honest without 1-2 featured units the current event sucks if you wanna get the TMs, Mog, Weapon etc. - had a couple of people who pulled +19/15 times and didnt get Elza, Karl etc.

So this in combination with quite a tough battle to achieve a featured unit seems a lot like Gumi saying "Fuck you, pay me" to the f2p guys who were quite satisfied so far.

Then again...its only been one day, s there is enough time to clear the Challenge and come up with other Strategies - we have enough good people that are willing to share their experiences and strategies.

The reason I'm kinda bummed is because I only have one physical damage dealer and that's CoD. I have yet to be able to pull one after many, many attempts. So this is my one chance to get another physical damage dealer so I want to clear this. I don't mind it being hard and I think my group can get it done, I just don't like this notion that if someone doesn't pay then they're not qualified to do events like this. I haven't paid with money, but I'm put an insane amount of time into this game and do so on a daily basis. Treating those of us who don't pay as if we're not all that important is just wrong.

Not to sound trite, but is this your first gacha game? They literally all work this way. If they were to offer a way to get guaranteed pulls, the only way they could do so and make as much as they make with random pulls would be to charge about $200-$300 for one unit of your choice.

I play Dungeon Boss and I haven't spent money in that game, either. I was going to, but the cost of actually buying anything is fairly insane. Still, I can play that game just fine and I don't have many problems with getting good characters, because it allows F2P players to grind out tokens to unlock the character you want. It takes time, but it's possible to do. Or someone can pay to get a chance through the portal of getting the character they want quicker. I have a decent group of characters in that game by just grinding out tokens. It's a good way to do things and I've been playing it for over a year now.

CCIE

Banned
I just went 12 rounds with her, and she gets stronger every damned round. I'm done. I've wasted I don't know how many Elixers and Phoenix Downs on this damned bitch.

I need a break from this piece of crap. I'm signing out for the day. Valentus, I will try your strategy in a few hours... when your unit is available again

Holy shit, I did it. I managed to get that last single orb from Maxwell to summon out Diablos without a Rydia. Elemental buffs and full break really help you survive all her attacks including Endless. I was lucky that I didn't have to waste a turn to dispel her since friend Lightning dropped her to 50% in two turns avoiding her self buff. I'm sure I can get the karma bonus if I try again with same friend lightning but not sure how I will be able to kill her with limit break. Also on a good note today is that I got my first COD.

Do you have a WOL CCIE? If so use him instead of Agrias as he has 50% Light Resist, stack him with what ever hp/defense materia you can. I did it without a esper enhancer unit such as Garnet(can you replace her with something else?), tried it with Rydia and she got wrecked, hard. Please keep in mind a LOT of this fight balls down to RNG and manipulating the HP threshold attacks! Also are you dispelling Sacred Song? It's the ability that gives Maxwell a damage increase. If you double tap on Maxwell you can see what buffs/debuffs she has up. Your team is up to snuff, it's just going to take a few more tries, you got this!

Cecil needs to be using Provoke, Focus, and healing.
Refia using Heals, arise, and Embolden/dispel when applicable.
Agrias/Wol for off heals and full break. WOL is better here. If Agrias is dying see if you can boost her HP via HP materia from this event.
Lightning with your highest dps weapons that are NOT light damage. She is the staple of your party and should not be removed.
CoD for elemental resist buff and mediocre dps, use Barrage to build up esper orbs if that's what you're trying to obtain the Maxwell unit.

Valentus

I just went 12 rounds with her, and she gets stronger every damned round. I'm done. I've wasted I don't know how many Elixers and Phoenix Downs on this damned bitch.

I need a break from this piece of crap. I'm signing out for the day. Valentus, I will try your strategy in a few hours... when your unit is available again

Can you tell me what party are you using? to try to imitate the strategy with your units.

Celegus

Just remembered Ingus learns full break. Has anyone used him much? Does he even stand a chance of surviving Maxwell? Mine is untouched 3* level 1, so it would take some doing to get him up to speed.

Muku

Just remembered Ingus learns full break. Has anyone used him much? Does he even stand a chance of surviving Maxwell? Mine is untouched 3* level 1, so it would take some doing to get him up to speed.

I don't know. Cactauring him up right now. He's 71/80 at the moment. (Had him at 51 at start of day.)

After that I have to Cactaur up Refia and cap her out.

Valentus

ingus can equip armors and shields. Also has Curaga and cura. he could be very usefull here.

Zalasta

My run turned out pretty easy, downed her in 4 turns. Didn't get to finish any of the missions though so I'll have to try again. The esper bar didn't fill once at all and I think one of my units died in one shot. Otherwise, I guess the rng was favorable because I didn't feel in danger. I used CoD, Lenna, Luneth, Charlotte, Rosa (who died) and Valentus' Elza. A pretty defensive party and not really a powerhouse compared to many here.

Rixa

I don't know. Cactauring him up right now. He's 71/80 at the moment. (Had him at 51 at start of day.)

After that I have to Cactaur up Refia and cap her out.

ingus can equip armors and shields. Also has Curaga and cura. he could be very usefull here.

Sounds really good. I could get my Vaan HP to 3700 if Ignus can get around same, it is better choice than Vaan (I didnt use Focus at all, only FB or normal attacks).

Syntsui

Shellga was enough to prevent her killing any of my units with her Rune (Lenna, CoD, Luneth, Charlotte, WoL and Elza friend). I even forgot to use Omni Veil.

She was easier than I thought, the real challenge will be the summoning indeed. By the time my Refia is ready, I'll try again to get the rest of the objectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom