• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

I did it with Arc, Cecil, Refia, Agrias, Chiz and a friend Luneth. Just kept Focus up and Embolden up. Guarded and dispelled a lot.

I'm just curious how many rounds it took for you to take her down. I brought in someone's Luneth and someone's Lightning with over 500 ATK and they could barely scratch her. Also were squishy and died quite often. I can't imagine Arc lasting that long, either. What spells did you use because all the spells I tried did crap for damage.

tuffymon

man im scared to try maxwell.

Don't think i even have a garnet? And my refia is like lvl 1 6* :/

While a Garnet isn't necessary, a level 1 healer isn't much help either T.T

Fuck yea!!!

Did 2 10+1's and got 2 Lunas - finishing my Barrage TM, annnnnnd ELZA!!

I'm literally shaky right now I'm so happy. Thank god Dunes are here this weekend, time to grind out some cactaurs.

I never thought I'd actually get her, and 3 pulls was the max I was willing to spend. So damn happy.

Congrats!

I tried the maxwell event for shits and giggles. Yea, not happening...

also did 2 11 pulls. Got everything from the new banner except DKC. Which ones should I focus on?

I'm also running out of unit space. Are there any units that aren't even worth keeping for TM?

Absolutely, you'd have to either list the names of what you have, or just glance at the wiki and ask before you sell any. In a nutshell you'd want to keep stat boosters, gear, very specific abilities, and killers.

Valentus

If you struggle with this trial (that is relativity easy) then how the fuck are you gonna pass dark ifrit/dark siren trial where you have to summon ifrit and siren IN THE SAME FUCKING FIGHT?????

And lets not talk about the gilgamesh trial, where he chooses an element, and if you dont attack him using that element (other elements are fine as long you use the selected element too) he fucks you so hard that deletes the app?????

That said, tonight i will try to prepare a video of clearing the trial without TMs, but yeah... Tilith/Elza and all the special items/materias are a must for this fight.

Muku

Gumi support must be full of absolute imbeciles.

They didn't respond my first complaint, then I made another one. I explained explicitly my problem. With the disappearing of 10 tickets related to the table of rewards, but the idiots responded saying the weekly rewards will be given soon.

Fucking hell, at least read what I wrote for fuck's sake.

This was my frustration with their support. They DO. NOT. READ. They copy/paste flavor of the day and send it. When I reported a crashing issue... they sent me a copy/paste of something about not running other apps in background because this game takes up a shit ton of resources. Well duh.. and two I didn't. I even said I had nothing else going on. They're just awful.

Okay... and for those of us with only one meaningful tank? I'm going to guess this event isn't for me. I have Cecil and Leo, but I have a feeling Leo won't be meaningful in this.

It's coming down to OMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE X UNIT! Then I guess my time might be coming to a close. I won't spend money in this game (goes back to whole getting screwed on FB connecting thing and their cust support blowing) and I don't have money to spend on the game. And my luck isn't exactly the greatest either. I guess I can skip events and just play through story and then be done. Maybe getting a lucky daily pull or two.
Probably not.

EDarkness

Can Rydia even survive long enough to fill her LB bar? I really don't want to waste time nor cactuars with her.

She lived three rounds tops. Spends most of the fight dead because as soon as I bring her back, she just dies again. I don't have anyone else to help build up the summon bar, so I'm stuck with her. If you have another option, I'd go with that.

If you struggle with this trial (that is relativity easy) then how the fuck are you gonna pass dark ifrit/dark siren trial where you have to summon ifrit and siren IN THE SAME FUCKING FIGHT?????

And lets not talk about the gilgamesh trial, where he chooses an element, and if you dont attack him using that element (other elements are fine as long you use the selected element too) he fucks you so hard that deletes the app?????

That said, tonight i will try to prepare a video of clearing the trial without TMs, but yeah... Tilith/Elza and all the special items/materias are a must for this fight.

I don't know, man. I think this kind of thing just makes playing this game (even for fun) harder. Not everyone has all that stuff and not everyone was lucky enough to get those units. I don't have Double Cast because I never pulled Ludmille. Just seems pretty rough for "normal" folks and it's like taunting people who weren't that lucky or didn't spend money. And hell, even spending money is no guarantee you'd get the units you want. I just think it takes the fun out of the game when these kind of things happen.

eggydoo

I am having the awakening mats issue too.

Need some advice which I should be awakening first since i'll have to grind mats
Charlotte
Chizuru
Arc
Lenna

I don't have a tank besides Charlotte. Have a CoD, Kefka, using Terra right now for healing. Leaning towards Lenna right now.

Also, who is a good Edgar replacement?

Valentus

I am having the awakening mats issue too.

Need some advice which I should be awakening first since i'll have to grind mats
Charlotte
Chizuru
Arc
Lenna

I don't have a tank besides Charlotte. Have a CoD, Kefka, using Terra right now for healing. Leaning towards Lenna right now.

Also, who is a good Edgar replacement?

Lenna
charlotte
Arc

In that order.

Post all your units to see if we can build you a good party

Syntsui

People will have all the time in the world to prepare for Gilgamesh and Dark Ifrit/Siren. People have a week to prepare for Maxwell, if they don't have a good team they are fucked.

Alkez

I'm just curious how many rounds it took for you to take her down. I brought in someone's Luneth and someone's Lightning with over 500 ATK and they could barely scratch her. Also were squishy and died quite often. I can't imagine Arc lasting that long, either. What spells did you use because all the spells I tried did crap for damage.

It took me only 3 turns with the team I posted.

Can Rydia even survive long enough to fill her LB bar? I really don't want to waste time nor cactuars with her.

I'm using a 4* Rydia (just for testing atm to see if it's worth awakening her) and so far she's surviving long enough to get one off, but then it's coming down to luck with summon orb drops to fill the rest of the meter.

I can clear the fight perfectly fine with my team of 2 6*s (and 3 5*s) but the summoning part is pretty difficult.

Taken from Reddit for those who need help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dm951/how_to_unlock_maxwell/

Step 1: Get a CoD

Step 2: Get a Cecil

Step 3: Get a healer w/cheer(I used White Witch Fina)

Step 4: Get someone with fullbreak. (I used Vaan)

Step 5: Insert physical damage guy or lady here.

Friend: CoD or Elsa works. You want multi-hits to grab summon orbs.

Command order during combat.

Turn 1: Focus/Cheer/Break. Dmg/dmg/dmg

Turn 2: Cura/Omni/Break/provoke Dmg/Dmg

Turn 3: Curaja/Cura/Break Dmg/Dmg/Dmg

Turn 4: Focus w/ cecil/ guard/guard/guard/guard/guard

Turn 5: Curaja/Cura/Omni DISPELL Break(after dispell)/dmg

Turn 6+: Cast Omni when its down. Cast Focus when it is down. Always keep break on him, and make sure and dispell him before you break him if he is buffed. ONLY CAST CHEER WHEN READY TO FINISH!

Dispell is maybe the most important thing.

Do not be afraid to use an elixer if he gets someone too close to dead for comfort, or if you need to top off your healers mana. You can farm for these in arena.

I hope this gets you started on the flow of combat, it took me... oh... 150 energy to figure out this much, and at this point, the rest became a cakewalk. Mostly rinse and repeat.

Good luck on getting your maxwells.

And my apologies if you are missing things you need... but this is really the first event where there doesn't seem a way to cheese through it with a friends lightning. Approach the event carefully, otherwise energy will be lost.

Edit: I realized people like proof.

http://i.imgur.com/bHvB01v.png

^ It can be done!

eggydoo

Lenna
charlotte
Arc

In that order.

Post all your units to see if we can build you a good party

Thank you

Have a good amount of characters
CoD, Zidane, Kefka, Kain, Edgar, Luna, Terra, Leo, Chizuru, Lenna, Charlotte, Arc, Locke, Ingus, Rosa, Edge, Ludmille, Rydia, Krile, Vivi, Shantotto, Vaan, Roselia, Celes, Xiao, Tellah, Amarant, Black Cat Lid

Don't think the rest are worth mentioning like Edge, Bedile, etc...

Azuran

Banned
Playing Final Fantasy XI taught me that you're not always going to be able to complete every quest and events that comes your way in games like this, and that's okay. It's obvious Maxwell is the first real endgame event and a lot of people aren't going to be able to defeat it but there's no reason to completely drop the game because of that.

As people have mentioned in this thread multiple times in the past, the difficulty of events in this game tends to fluctuate so not everything is going to be insanely hard like this one.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Muku

Playing Final Fantasy XI taught me that you're not always going to be able to complete every quest and events that comes your way in games like this, and that's okay. It's obvious Maxwell is the first real endgame event and a lot of people aren't going to be able to defeat it but there's no reason to completely drop the game because of that.

As people have mentioned in this thread multiple times in the past, the difficulty of events in this game tends to fluctuate so not everything is going to be insanely hard like this one.

It's not because of just this event. It only gets worse from here. If you aren't a whale, they don't care about you.

Jesus calm down. You also answered your own question in your paragraph. You say Elza/Tilith are musts but ask how are people struggling...maybe because they didn't pull those units? Not everyone spends money on the game or farms TMR's.

bonkeng

I have Agrias to FB, but it's a completely wasted slot, and a second wasted slot with Garnet for the LB. So basically, I am trying to win with three people and a whale unit, because no WoL

Using Refia (spends all of her time reviving dead units, Curaja, Dispel)
Cecil (Does NOTHING but defend, Focus, etc, Curaja, and Dispel)
Lightning or CoD ( Need Lightning for any other round that doesn't have Valentus, because the whale cannot do it on their own).
Agrias basically does nothing but FB, and die over and over and over again
Garnet - completely useless except to get Diabolos summon. Can do that every time, but she does NOTHING but defend, then LB, and die

With any unit besides Elza, I simply cannot get him down past 2/3 before I get annihilated. Even defending in Round 4 with everyone, typically whoever has Diabolos dies anyway

Garnet has Curaja, use it when you need Refia to do something else like Dispel or Revive. Otherwise, just defend.

Your weakest link is Agrias as she does nothing but Fullbreak. Vaan atleast has Focus, to mitigate that magic damage.

Try subbing out your Lightning, she does nothing important.

You need CoD for her Omniveil.

You have to know when to defend as it is essential in this fight.

Put Diabolos on Cecil, he will likely survive any attack from Maxwell if he's hp is full.

Bring Val's Elza and buff her to heaven.

Defense is more important than Offense, so make sure all your defense are up.

6ee52b0a9a6f501612a5164e49613a7f.jpg

Would bartz and rydia be too weak to have on team to get Evo bar up? I know bartz can sacrifice his lb to another character but seems like too much of a spot to take up

I would say yes with Double Tanks

I cannot stress enough the importance of prep work with Gear and materia to shore up potential weak links in your team

For Rydia its HP. Spend some of those Arena pots and stack on HP materia if you feel the need to use her

Bartz I cant Truly recommend at all unless you are able to make him insane with some TMs since he doesnt offer much else besides Entrust

Azuran

Banned
It's not because of just this event. It only gets worse from here. If you aren't a whale, they don't care about you.

This game is pretty generous to F2P from what I seen so far. Free lapis in batches, easy events to gear up, and easily obtainable trust moogles so everyone can have at least one good TM gear/ability if they need it.

Take a look at something like Kingdom Hearts Unchained x if you really want to see a game where F2P get completely screwed over (which I also played because I'm a sucker for punishment)

scarlet

Finally got her. Only no KO mission I couldn't do. Which Is pretty sure I can't do lol.

My team is average. It takes me 20 minutes.

BCL - Ramuh
WoL - 1* Siren
Agrias - Ifrit
Cecil - Golem
Refia - Shiva
Valentus's Elza - Diabolos

This game is pretty generous to F2P from what I seen so far. Free lapis in batches, easy events to gear up, and trust moogles so everyone can have some good TM gear if they need it.

Take a look at something like Kingdom Hearts Unchained X if you really want to see a game where F2P get completely screwed over.

God, that game is the worst. I played as long as I could with only buying the 15 dollar bundle every once in awhile but the gacha rates are literally the worst I have ever seen. Hell at one point I had enough Gems saved up to do 10 3k pulls when Illustrated Aqua came out. You got her automatically if you did the 10 pulls and didn't get her before then....I got her all right on that 10th pull. Didn't see another illustrated unit at all in those 10 pulls. I deleted the game right then and there.

Gilgamesh > Orlandu in JP?
He isn't, but he's the best until Orlandu comes out and he's strong with his new skill enhancements.

His main appeal is his TMR which is the best in the game. Though I don't know how much of a difference it'll make considering global's rules with materia stacking.

This trial is straight up destroying the community :(

No lie it is very tough. Defense and Prep work are king. And even then you are rolling the dice if you arent all caught up on everything

While a Garnet isn't necessary, a level 1 healer isn't much help either T.T

Congrats!

Absolutely, you'd have to either list the names of what you have, or just glance at the wiki and ask before you sell any. In a nutshell you'd want to keep stat boosters, gear, very specific abilities, and killers.

I have:

Eldin
Maxell
Sabin
Shadow
Cyan
Clyne
Anzelm
Fina (*)
Liza (*)
Vivi (*)
Krile (*)
Fran (*)
Shantotto (*)
Bedile (*)
Garland (*)
Zidane (*)
Duane (*)
Russell (*)
Miyuki (*)
Chizuru (*)
Lenna (*)
Gaffgarion (*)
Kain (*)
Luna (*)

* indicates ones I think I should keep for TM. Did I get any of these wrong?

Valentus

Jesus calm down. You also answered your own question in your paragraph. You say Elza/Tilith are musts but ask how are people struggling...maybe because they didn't pull those units? Not everyone spends money on the game or farms TMR's.

Sorry, i cant take people not spending a dime in a game and then telling "fuck gumi i cant pass this trial in this game where i dont spend a dollar, your game suck"

Also, friend units are here for the lack of party units.

All gacha games are half fun / half pay 2 win, we are in a event that is mostly p2w. Did you clear it? Awesome dude, congratz. Did you not? Deal with it and keep enjoying your 100% free game in all the other aspectcs the game has to offer you.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Well, if you don't spend money on the game, you're not really a customer.

On the actual topic of the boss fight, I have yet to try it. While I have bought Lapis. I have yet to use any of that Lapis I've purchased. Still 10k+ Lapis away my amazon purchase. So I'm still in the F2P range.

But I'll give my two cents.

1. This trial has been out for less than 10 hours. Most complaints don't even make sense to me right now. It would be akin to playing an MMO and expecting to clear the new raid the day it comes out.

2. That is how all RPGs progress, those who invest more into will be ahead of the curve. In this case, rather than the typical MMO where time is the most value resource. Money is.

3. This applies to both of the above, within 10 hours of play, you haven't actually made any real adjustments to your team. You haven't had the time. Spend this weekend raising a character if you have them or farming some abilities, etc. The Demonic Life Materia actually could be very good here. Every character will get below 50%, so a free Cheer for the rest of the game is fantastic.

Also, next Thursday will most likely release the rest of the next area. This includes 10% ATK Materia and Carb(I believe he is Light Resistance). Which will make this fight far easier.

Basically, you there is plenty of ways to get some gains over the week. Prep up like Batman.

4. Some people have only been playing a month or two on their account. So of course it's going to be hard. People who switched over to Alts or new players. You don't have the 5-6 months other people do.

Now in defense - This is a limited time trial. So we are all feeling the rush.

But I would largely say instead of throwing Lapis away on pulls this weekend, use it for Refreshes and clear content, Level up if you can, etc. The same goes with energy and attempts. if the first didn't go well, having Refia, Tilith, CoD, Cecil, etc. Someone who can help you a lot at max will be beneficial.

And finally, at the end of the day.... not getting Maxwell won't kill you and there is a good chance he'll be back once he gets his 6* with Part 2 of the FFBF banner. So relax, don't rush it.

Alkez

Finally got her. Only no KO mission I couldn't do. Which Is pretty sure I can't do lol.

My team is average. It takes me 20 minutes.

BCL - Ramuh
WoL - 1* Siren
Agrias - Ifrit
Cecil - Golem
Refia - Shiva
Valentus's Elza - Diabolos

Ooo. I have a similar team to you (though no double tank. I could probably make a work around I guess). How did you go about doing it (if you don't mind explaining)? I'm trying some Rydia tech atm but if it's doable without it I'll probably take that path.

Congrats btw.

Wait, where's Chilly?

Yeah, I mentioned that yesterday but it seems weird he hasn't posted in 2 days straight now that you mention it. Maybe he's got some irl stuff going on.

Valentus

surely maxwell is coming back, because it isnt in gumi releasing limited free units and then not releasing ever again (and it would be a less impact update where only a few people can evolve her maxwell to 6star and much other new players wont have access to it)

If maxwell would have her 6star upgrade right now, i will tell you that maybe she wont coming back, but now i think she will return in 4 months with tilith and vargas 6star update.

Sorry, i cant take people not spending a dime in a game and then telling "fuck gumi i cant pass this trial in this game where i dont spend a dollar, your game suck"

Also, friend units are here for the lack of party units.

All gacha games are half fun / half pay 2 win, we are in a event that is mostly p2w. Did you clear it? Awesome dude, congratz. Did you not? Deal with it and keep enjoying your 100% free game in all the other aspectcs the game has to offer you.

Trust me I agree with you in that aspect. I just think we should be a little more civil is all we have a great community and we are obviously not going to agree on everything but let's at least keep our cool about it! :p

Valentus

Yeah believe me, im the most here that wants that all gaf clear all the trials. It suck to lose friends because they got bored of the game.

Well, if you don't spend money on the game, you're not really a customer.

So... closet whale here. Not in this game since I just started last week, but in most other games of this nature, and maybe in this game in the future.

That said, your statement isn't really true. Without whales there is no income, that part is true. But without f2p or small-time spenders there is no community. You need both.

You can't have a game that caters entirely to whales and leaves f2p completely in the dust because the f2p will quit, and when the only thing left is whales, the game sucks ass. People spend money because they want to be ahead of others. When you're spending $5k and you're not really ahead of anyone because all the f2p players quit, it's a little bit offensive and it's a quick way to get an otherwise satisfied whale to quit your game.

This exact thing happened when I played Dragon Blaze. All the arena rewards were percentage based, so you'd have to get in the top 5%, or top 1% or whatever. When there's 50,000 people, that means you need to be in the top 500, but when 40,000 people quit because they're tired of getting no rewards and not being able to clear any new content, now all of a sudden you have to be in the top 100, against all those same people that have already been spending more than you and consistently beating you.

It sucks ass and ultimately is what led to me deleting that game. Even in a game where rewards aren't percentage based, whales still want to see that their spending has "paid off", so to speak. That doesn't just mean they have the best stuff, but it also means their stuff gives them an advantage over lots of other people. If those other people aren't there because the game drove them away, it will drive the whale away too.

Nirran

Well between grinding cactaur dunes and the BF event, I decided to do a 10+1 pull for the hell of it hoping for CoD as I hear he's really good. Got DKC instead. I'll take that especially since the rest of the pulls were garbage. 2 5* in 3 days. I think I've blown my luck for the rest of time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think a couple people are pissed because they saw this as a possibility to get a +Karma Bonus unit for the current event. Lets be honest without 1-2 featured units the current event sucks if you wanna get the TMs, Mog, Weapon etc. - had a couple of people who pulled +19/15 times and didnt get Elza, Karl etc.

So this in combination with quite a tough battle to achieve a featured unit seems a lot like Gumi saying "Fuck you, pay me" to the f2p guys who were quite satisfied so far.

Then again...its only been one day, s there is enough time to clear the Challenge and come up with other Strategies - we have enough good people that are willing to share their experiences and strategies.

scarlet

Ooo. I have a similar team to you (though no double tank. I could probably make a work around I guess). How did you go about doing it (if you don't mind explaining)? I'm trying some Rydia tech atm but if it's doable without it I'll probably take that path.

Congrats btw.

Yeah, I mentioned that yesterday but it seems weird he hasn't posted in 2 days straight now that you mention it. Maybe he's got some irl stuff going on.

1st turn

Cecil provoke
Refia embolden
Elza ravaging blow
Agrias attack
WoL attack
BCL attack

2nd turn
Cecil focus
Refia curaja
Elza attack
WoL attack
BCL attack

3rd

Cecil curaja/defense
Refia 2x curaja/full life
Elza/BCL/Agrias if not dead then attack
WoL attack

4th
Cecil LB
Others defense

5th
BCL/Cecil - Dispel (Ramuh)
WoL/Agrias full break/items (phoenix down and elixir)
Elza ravaging blow if survive
Cecil - Curaja

Just use normal attack to fill your esper gauge. Once it done I go crazy with madness rush.

I used hex strike once her hp <50

I didn't record it cuz I thought I was gonna lose and this team actually not my "main" team.

Just make sure you defense on turn 4,8,12,16 etc

What strategy did you guys do to defeat Maxwell and claim her?

Depends

Its really going to hinge on how well you can build up a proper team defensively

A whale Elza can do most of the DPS heavy lifting. Its keeping everyone Alive round after round thats the real challenge

Tanks that can cover and Draw attacks are huge. Refia is Huge. Solid Breakers make a huge difference

My Ramza's 5 turn -40% Attack and Magic breaks cripple the offense and Focus/Embolden reduces it further. A full breaker is still good

Spec Materia for survivability for your weakest units and Try to keep damage focused on Tanks with Provoke

You have to pay attention on each round. What buffs/debufs are active. Does Maxwell need to be dispelled etc etc..

Bring Items, Stack Materia, Shelter Key units with useful materias like Camoflage/evade of just stack HP

Good Luck

tuffymon

I have:
Toast these
Eldin, Maxell, Shadow, Cyan, Clyne, Anzelm, Liza, Vivi, Krile, Fran, Bedile, Duane,

Consider these
Sabin* (Arguable, definitely on the low side of the keep spectrum)
Russell (Same as Sabin)

Keep these
Fina (*) (You can't she's a story character)
Shantotto (*)
Garland (*)
Zidane (*)
Miyuki (*)
Chizuru (*)
Lenna (*)
Gaffgarion (*)
Kain (*)
Luna (*)

* indicates ones I think I should keep for TM. Did I get any of these wrong?

That's my suggestion

Aurizen

Depends

Its really going to hinge on how well you can build up a proper team defensively

A whale Elza can do most of the DPS heavy lifting. Its keeping everyone Alive round after round thats the real challenge

Tanks that can cover and Draw attacks are huge. Refia is Huge. Solid Breakers make a huge difference

My Ramza's 5 turn -40% Attack and Magic breaks cripple the offense and Focus/Embolden reduces it further. A full breaker is still good

Spec Materia for survivability for your weakest units and Try to keep damage focused on Tanks with Provoke

You have to pay attention on each round. What buffs/debufs are active. Does Maxwell need to be dispelled etc etc..

Bring Items, Stack Materia, Shelter Key units with useful materias like Camoflage/evade of just stack HP

Good Luck

My team consist of Lasswell, Cecil, Vaan, Kefka, and Lenna. All max dunno how to pull it off and envoke Diablos from a friend COD

Alkez

And finally, at the end of the day.... not getting Maxwell won't kill you and there is a good chance he'll be back once he gets his 6* with Part 2 of the FFBF banner. So relax, don't rush it.

I think that's the most important part of what you said. I've beaten her, but I'm struggling with the Diabolos part. I'm working on strategies that are viable with my current units but the reality is I may not be able to do it at all. It sucks but it's ok because as you said it's not like she's completely necessary to play the game. Would I like the TM? Hell yeah, but there are other attack+30% options coming later on. It's ok to not be able to do absolutely every single piece of content, and it's even more ok not to be able to do everything on day 1. I wasn't able to start the tactics event till day 4 because I didn't have a mage team lol.

My team consist of Lasswell, Cecil, Vaan, Kefka, and Lenna. All max dunno how to pull it off and envoke Diablos from a friend COD

Ouch man

Yeah way too squishy. You could probably score a rushdown win with a Whale Elza for the moogles

Dark Prayer >> Ravaging Blow >> Madness rush

Have the rest of the team support, defend, use items (Focus/Cheer and FB are a must)

Maybe have the Elza Use her Auto Revive on Turn 3? Then rush down. I dunno man. Its tough without having more of the current 6 star units. Be easier if you could swap a CoD in for Lasswell

As someone who's come from Puzzles and Dragons this is nothing new. Gatcha games all do this. All.Of.Them. One thing we do have to combat and be successful is this great community. The "fuck gumi, etc." isn't getting you the win or Maxwell. Be patient, it's frustrating. I coulnd't secure the Maxwell unit in 5 attempts with my stacked team and for now I have no use for the unit at all. None. I read strats and adjusted my approach and won. There are people out there doing it WITHOUT stacked teams. I just posted a strat a few posts up from Reddit describing how they did it and what units were used. We'll work together to figure it out, just be cool and have some patience. We got this!

Azuran

Banned
I think a couple people are pissed because they saw this as a possibility to get a +Karma Bonus unit for the current event. Lets be honest without 1-2 featured units the current event sucks if you wanna get the TMs, Mog, Weapon etc. - had a couple of people who pulled +19/15 times and didnt get Elza, Karl etc.

So this in combination with quite a tough battle to achieve a featured unit seems a lot like Gumi saying "Fuck you, pay me" to the f2p guys who were quite satisfied so far.

Then again...its only been one day, s there is enough time to clear the Challenge and come up with other Strategies - we have enough good people that are willing to share their experiences and strategies.

I understand people being frustrated at this event requiring rare units, but people who play the JPN version have mentioned plenty of times that this was a bad event in Japan too. Also events like this one should get relatively better in the future because they actually provide obtainable event units.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So... closet whale here. Not in this game since I just started last week, but in most other games of this nature, and maybe in this game in the future.

That said, your statement isn't really true. Without whales there is no income, that part is true. But without f2p or small-time spenders there is no community. You need both.

You can't have a game that caters entirely to whales and leaves f2p completely in the dust because the f2p will quit, and when the only thing left is whales, the game sucks ass. People spend money because they want to be ahead of others. When you're spending $5k and you're not really ahead of anyone because all the f2p players quit, it's a little bit offensive and it's a quick way to get an otherwise satisfied whale to quit your game.

This exact thing happened when I played Dragon Blaze. All the arena rewards were percentage based, so you'd have to get in the top 5%, or top 1% or whatever. When there's 50,000 people, that means you need to be in the top 500, but when 40,000 people quit because they're tired of getting no rewards and not being able to clear any new content, now all of a sudden you have to be in the top 100, against all those same people that have already been spending more than you and consistently beating you.

It sucks ass and ultimately is what led to me deleting that game. Even in a game where rewards aren't percentage based, whales still want to see that their spending has "paid off", so to speak. That doesn't just mean they have the best stuff, but it also means their stuff gives them an advantage over lots of other people. If those other people aren't there because the game drove them away, it will drive the whale away too.

I'll admit my initial comment is short sighted and I should have clarified it. I also agree with the sentiment where community and income is meant too.

Aurizen

Ouch man

Yeah way too squishy. You could probably score a rushdown win with a Whale Elza for the moogles

Dark Prayer >> Ravaging Blow >> Madness rush

Have the rest of the team support, defend, use items (Focus/Cheer and FB are a must)

Maybe have the Elza Use her Auto Revive on Turn 3? Then rush down. I dunno man. Its tough without having more of the current 6 star units. Be easier if you could swap a CoD in for Lasswell

I do have a COD but its a 5*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom