• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I noticed that too.

Well, since the new trial is here I figured it would be a good time to try and beat Surging Menace.

Beat it on the first try! New best rod! But those mission requirements... don't think so. Beating Greater Demon with an esper lol?

I'm really a mage lover at heart. Can't wait to farm Arc's TM.

Feels good to be caught up on the trials, minus the one that came out today.

I need that mace for CoD tho. Kangaroo is not cutting it lol. Im embarrassed to share her until I get that mace, rising sun and dual wield :).

Youre probably right, since Focus and Embolden are indeed banned.

FYI, for all the "beat X with Y" requirements, you can satisfy the criterion by using the esper/LB as part of the killing chain. It doesn't have to actually KO the enemy itself.

Lyrian

So, I may be one of the few that cares about this, but - anyone know where there's a good story summary? The recent update is actually vaguely interesting, and I'm trying to refresh my memory on basic stuff like
how Rain got his powers
who Aldore and Hess are
, and
did anything actually happen between Grandshelt and Olderion, because I sure as hell don't remember Kolobos at all

From a Global timeline (JP players would know more as they are farther in the story):

1) Unknown at this time.

2) Unknown at this time, outside of being names of people who lived 700 years ago.

3) Not that has been revealed. Kolobos was a side quest that just happened by pure chance to be roughly relevant to the main story line through an encounter with a lackey of Vertias of the Dark (whose actual name is revealed in this chapter).

Lyrian

Carbunkle get. CUUUUUTTTE. Ability set is really lackluster on it though. Seriously not impressed.

ATK +10% recipe was not change. Comically easy to craft compared to EVO MAG +10%, earlier in the chapter.

Mostly done, outside of a few loose ends. Lots of Lapis acquired from the new levels. Very, very nice. Recovered from the 45-pull for Refia and now have over 20k lapis in reserve.

As mentioned already by others, this week in arena = 1) having the HP to tank mass nuking from going second on turn 1. 2) Lancing/Osmosing all the mages. 3) Easy win if you survive that long. Also, Barrage is still valid. If you have Luneth, Hit All and Cut Through are still valid as well.

Lyrian

Dropped a 10 ticket arena pull.

Give me those sweet stat pots....

2 metal minitaurs, 1 baby gil snapper, 2 remedies, 2 x-potions, 2 tents and 1 elixir.

The hell? I demand a recount! Glad that wasn't a 11-lapis pull, I guess.

tariniel

I have 5 tickets left and still haven't pulled CoD. Should I try it? I don't have any other good physical DPS except for Lightning, 2nd best is Freya.

I have 5 tickets left and still haven't pulled CoD. Should I try it? I don't have any other good physical DPS except for Lightning, 2nd best is Freya.

I just used 6 tickets to try and pull a gaffgarion and got 2 cods with gold anzelm and lani instead. So you should definitely go for it.

Lyrian

Troll Arena move of the Day:

1) Bring CoD into Arena
2) Equip Golem Staff (from Gale Key in new content)
3) Barrage to Victory.

Golem Staff has a 30% chance to petrify. Since curing ailments is banned at the moment (no Stona allowed), barrage is 4 chances per turn (8 with dual wield) to auto-kill someone in the arena who isn't equipped to defend against this, as it can't be cured.

And since Raising is banned in Arena this week, no auto-killing CoD...

Troll Arena move of the Day:

1) Bring CoD into Arena
2) Equip Golem Staff (from Gale Key in new content)
3) Barrage to Victory.

Golem Staff has a 30% chance to petrify. Since curing ailments is banned at the moment (no Stona allowed), barrage is 4 chances per turn (8 with dual wield) to auto-kill someone in the arena who isn't equipped to defend against this, as it can't be cured.

And since Raising is banned in Arena this week, no auto-killing CoD...

You are a mad genius.

And I thought Lightning with Sleep Dagger was bad...

tuffymon

Carbunkle get. CUUUUUTTTE. Ability set is really lackluster on it though. Seriously not impressed.

Really? Having the potential for Cura, barblizzara, barfira, barthundara, and dispel on a target that couldn't use white or green magic is lackluster? :O CRAZY!

That is evil with the staff, love it.

Malakhov

Banned
Any of you guys know if us poor canadians can buy our lapis via amazon to get that 20% discount?

20% amazon discount plus 20% black friday offer is tempting :/

hitmon

Any one else still working on Maxwell? I just completed the no death requirement, all that is left is evoking Diabolos.

1.5 hours left to go.

tariniel

Do it, I finally got CoD with daily today

And 3000 burst pot arena summon. Good day

I just used 6 tickets to try and pull a gaffgarion and got 2 cods with gold anzelm and lani instead. So you should definitely go for it.

Anzelm
Maria
Duane
Anzelm
Penelo

Amazing. 2nd banner CoD has been on where I did dailies and 10+ tickets and still haven't got her. Not gonna lie I'm pissed. I got 4x Gaffarrion but can't get a fucking CoD.

Lyrian

You are a mad genius.

And I thought Lightning with Sleep Dagger was bad...

I'm still trolling people with Black Belt'd Cecil with the Sleep Sword, while Luneth is countering/dual Hit All'ing with the sleep dagger.

Who exactly defends against Sleep anyways? So trivially easy to tear apart a strong team when over half of them are taking a nap on turn 2 and just focusing on the one or two units that are still standing.

Now, adding Petrify to the mix? Heh, that IS evil.

Really? Having the potential for Cura, barblizzara, barfira, barthundara, and dispel on a target that couldn't use white or green magic is lackluster? :O CRAZY!

That is evil with the staff, love it.

It's useful in the sense that it saves ability/materia slots for something more beneficial to a unit. So, definitely a plus there.

On the other hand, unlike Diabolos, Carbuncle doesn't bring anything new to the table. Everything on it's skill tree can be crafted outside of Last Stand, and that is meh, especially now that Demonic Life exists.

Carbunkle is solid, but doesn't bring anything exciting to the game outside of reflect. And that's probably only going to work about as well as Celes's Sealing Blade, which is probably not well at all.

3* esper upgrades, when?

That reminds me, I should do some damage tests with Carbuncle. Probably on par with Ramuh as 2nd tier to Shiva, as it has an average MAG stat to bring down its strong SPR stat. Will test after some Zzzzzzzzs.

Rixa

It's ok, whatever strategy that comes out when it hits in global will be irrelevant, as it'll get boosted anyways T.T

Heh :D

If Gumi would be "smart" they would introduce some new global 6* unit the time it comes, "Does boosted damage to Robots".

hitmon

NOOOOoooooooo..... I finally beat Maxwell with evoking Diabolos, but I didn't get Maxwell... Feels bad.

Nevermind I had to claim Maxwell from the messages. I went stupid with finally getting it done before the event disappeared.

bonkeng

God damn

Daily:
2h9JFAL.png

3 tickets:

Bartz
Hayate
Exdeath

KeRaSh

Well, I guess that's that.
Three
five...
11 pulls and nothing to show for...
I... should umm... probably just........
*sigh*

Rixa

Well. No Zidane, no Gilgamesh, no rainbows. But not bad 10+1 summons either.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Bunch of new units with nice TMs. But I need that fucking Dual Wield.

chrono01

Well. No Zidane, no Gilgamesh, no rainbows. But not bad 10+1 summons either.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Bunch of new units with nice TMs. But I need that fucking Dual Wield.
You got 3x Bartz in that second multi-summon? Insane, the rate-up is real. Congrats on the pulls, some nice units in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom