• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well against my better judgement I did the refill thing twice to cement my top 3k for the week ranking I wasn't about to lose it because other people are doing it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
god i had a horrible day today... i cant focus in farming today because of work.

So everybody that farmed more than me, i hate you all.

i love you all

what happened fam?

Got my Exdeath up to 100. Might awaken Refia and try to get her to 100 just to have a healer with a revive spell.

YESSSSSSSSSS! Mine is up to 86 and counting. At least I have 38 Excalipoors now?

Im on my 5th refresh. Fuck Gumi I'm not gonna stop.

It kinda seems like they don't punish exploits until it hurts their bottom line. We won't see bans until whales freak out, so why not?

See: injection folks

Lapis > Arena Rank

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Is this a recent change? I was playing earlier and it was working normally.

I've gotten 20 lapis for my last 4 arena fights, last one being between this post and my last. It's still working, it's definitely not intentional, and you may or may not be punished by abusing it.

Iceman829

I'm willing to forfeit the 100 lapis to secure my under 3k rank for another trust moogle. The extra trust moogle is more important to me than a few 20 lapis from arena rewards. I'll refresh enough until I know I'm safe or until I fall asleep

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I cleared 1 arena board today just on the free medals I earned due to their fuck up. The combination of arena medals and rank ups has kept me playing

Yep have gotten quite a few of them.

seriously this is great

giphy.gif

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It's nice that he levels up quickly so I used alot of my energy on Vortex and some Mystic Woods.
Also, congrats on the ELT Gilga win man

Thank you!

Can we actually do anything in future with all these Excalipoors?

It does seem like an odd drop not to do anything with, right? Someone on reddit was suggesting that we eventually get an excalibur recipe that requires like 50 of those things or something. but i think he was just making shit up. sounds like a fun idea though.

Iceman829

Perfect timing on the arena fix. My last orb gave me an ether. So I only lost 20 lapis or so. Well worth being able to move into the ~1400 slot. Congrats on the win Panther. I saw you get angry earlier for using the tent at the wrong spot. I must've missed the victory when I was in a meeting.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Perfect timing on the arena fix. My last orb gave me an ether. So I only lost 20 lapis or so. Well worth being able to move into the ~1400 slot. Congrats on the win Panther. I saw you get angry earlier for using the tent at the wrong spot. I must've missed the victory when I was in a meeting.

I wasn't angry so much as frustrated with myself for doing something so dumb. But thank you! It was such a good feeling coming out of the post-Elza/Maxwell event hopelessness.

What a day to be on a train for 15 hours, I'm scared to see what my rank is

You missed nothing!

Thank you!

It does seem like an odd drop not to do anything with, right? Someone on reddit was suggesting that we eventually get an excalibur recipe that requires like 50 of those things or something. but i think he was just making shit up. sounds like a fun idea though.

Yeah I can't think of them doing anything with them other than the 5? you get for just clearing everything once. I mean why are people even clearing them more than once?

Muku

LOL. Found a dude with an arena team of.... drumroll please... 1.. that's right ONE Refia. That's it. Poor gal is getting steamrolled.

Muku

Probably leveling her and just didn't set an arena team

It's weird though because his leader as showing on previous screen is Black Cat Lid.

Though, it's okay. Did something stupid and broke my streak earlier today with my leveling team of second CoD and Exdeath. Sadly, despite going against an actual team, they almost won. And screw the 100 streak, never going to get it at this rate.

Guess he's working on Exdeath now.. because went to him again and no longer is Refia but this poor Exdeath.

Lyrian

Got one refresh in when I pulled up in the driveway, walked in the door and the phone rang. Of course by the time I was done with the phone call, the bug was fixed, lol.

At least I think I'll secure the 3k for the busted week ending tonight for the last set of HP pots. Don't care about 3k for December, as that's screwed up beyond recognition at this point and I doubt given the holidays I can watch the phone for refreshes 24/7.

Have I told you how to save Aeris in FF7 or Leo in FF6 yet?

Celegus

Woo, almost done with Alma's TM. Don't have the patience for multiples and she's common enough to get, so I ran all 5 I have and gonna smoosh them all together. At 77% total, just gotta get to 80! Then I'm gonna do the same with Bartz since I got so many chasing Gilgamesh.

chrono01

I wasn't able to play much at all today, except to spend whatever orbs I had. I'll be lucky if I can even stay within the top 30k this week. :(

Refreshed twice today (spending lapis!) to get to the 100 streak. Finally. Now I'll never have to focus on beating up on rank 34 Rain-led parties, because I really only care about being the top 90k, which should be trivial; and crashes no longer matter either!

Thanks for the Plant Killer guys, gave it another couple tries but I just cant compete with the damage that plant puts out. Actually killed one part of it this time but I just end up getting slaughtered. Getting dual cast (need like 4% more) will help immensely I think.

Got ExDeath to 100 today, time to work on CoD... out of sacred crystals though :(

You and me both Chrono, work was nuts today, had zero free time. Normally can at least use my energy and arena orbs at lunch but man, not today.

Congrats Panther on Surging Menace and ELT gilg! Congrats to everyone else on any accomplishments as well!!!

Hope everything is ok Valentus.

c-murph

Finally, got my Fencer's LB to level 15! Now I can go ahead and level her to 5*! lol

That means she able to consume more pots again!

EDIT: nvm... I need 5 more Sacred crystals it seems.

creid

Figured I'd ask this before everyone goes XIII crazy tomorrow:

Any suggestions on what TMs I should prioritize next? My best characters are:
6* Cecil
6* Refia
5* Arc
6* Exdeath (not leveled yet)
6* Bartz
5* Agrias
5* Chizuru (on the bench now that Bartz hit 6*)

I've got no TMs yet, and will probably pull hard for Lightning when she's back on banner. (Is it still worth going for a dual wield if I managed to get a Lightning?) These are the TMs I can work towards.

Character (number of units I have) - TM Reward
Currently working on:
Cecil (2) - Excalibur - (already at 24% on one Cecil)
Arc (4) - Omnirod (all my arcs added up are up to 78%, should be done in a few more days)
Haven't started yet:
Shantotto (4) - MAG30 - (should I go for x3 or x4?)
Zidane (2) - Dual Wield - (should I go for x1 or x2?)
Celes (3) - Minerva Bustier
Chizuru (1) - Blade Mastery
Ludmille (3) - Dualcast - (should I go for x1 or x2?)
Kain (3) - Gungnir
Gaffgarion (1) - Bracer
Luna (4?) - Barrage
Hayate (1) - Black Cowl (atk + 28) (at 5%, stupidly fused an extra)

I'm somewhat impatient so I'd rather go for one of each, but if multiples are helpful (i.e. a 2nd Excalibur I'm sure wouldn't go to waste) then I'm willing to work towards them.

linkent

6* Cecil
6* Refia
5* Arc
6* Bartz
5* Agrias

I've got no TMs yet, and will probably pull hard for Lightning when she's back on banner. (Is it still worth going for a dual wield if I managed to get a Lightning?) These are the TMs I can work towards.

Currently working on:
Arc (4) - Omnirod (all my arcs added up are up to 78%, should be done in a few more days)
Haven't started yet:
Kain (3) - Gungnir
Gaffgarion (1) - Bracer
Luna (4?) - Barrage

I'm somewhat impatient so I'd rather go for one of each, but if multiples are helpful (i.e. a 2nd Excalibur I'm sure wouldn't go to waste) then I'm willing to work towards them.

with those character,
DW(make 2, dont fuse),you can focus 1 first for Chizuru.
Excalibur for her.
Blade Mastery for her.
Dualcast for Refia.(imo you need 2 of it, 1 for Refia, 1 for Cecil)

the last slot, either Black Cowl for extra DPS.
DC for Cecil
30%MAG For Exdeath.

Veggy

Feel free to add me, I need a bigger friend list to keep this TM macro going lol

Its a decent geared Elza, should be wielding her TM scythe by the end of the month hopefully

creid

with those character,
DW(make 2, dont fuse),you can focus 1 first for Chizuru.
I was having a hard time thinking of a situation where I'm using two melee DPS units and neither of them innately have dual wield, but I guess I could run up against something in the future that's strong against magic, and I guess in that case I could sub out my caster for another character who can take DW. Really hoping to get a Lightning though >_>
TWO ZIDANES = FEED THEM ALL MOOGLES AND GET TWO DUAL WIELD RIGHT NOW

So jealous!
Forgot to mention I've got 7 moogles, and should have an 8th when the monthly arena rewards come in.

linkent

I was having a hard time thinking of a situation where I'm using two melee DPS units and neither of them innately have dual wield, but I guess I could run up against something in the future that's strong against magic, and I guess in that case I could sub out my caster for another character who can take DW. Really hoping to get a Lightning though >_>

the game gonna be melee focus i think, magic just lose out in PVE.
dont forget you can equip 2 staves on Exdeath with DW too. :D

c-murph

6* Cecil
6* Refia
5* Arc
6* Bartz
5* Agrias

Currently working on:
Haven't started yet:
Kain (3) - Gungnir
Gaffgarion (1) - Bracer
Luna (4?) - Barrage

Zidanes are pretty much top tier, game changers. Should be everyone's first if available. Unless you have a series of 5* base characters with innate dual wield.

Whales

Banned
I would do CHIZURU for sure, then gaffgarion and hayate

but my team is physical DPS and thats why, it may not be the same for you

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah I can't think of them doing anything with them other than the 5? you get for just clearing everything once. I mean why are people even clearing them more than once?

I was doing it for that sweet 28K unit exp for LOW LOW price of 7 nrg on adv! Great, fast leveling. If I ever hear that bridge theme music again though...

Have I told you how to save Aeris in FF7 or Leo in FF6 yet?

angry-wwe-girl-gifs-of-wrestling-fans-being-wrestling-fans.gif

lol there is no question what you should focus on. DW is the most powerful anything in the game, and you could have TWO of them? C'mon son.

Azuran

Banned
Thanks for the Plant Killer guys, gave it another couple tries but I just cant compete with the damage that plant puts out. Actually killed one part of it this time but I just end up getting slaughtered. Getting dual cast (need like 4% more) will help immensely I think.

Got ExDeath to 100 today, time to work on CoD... out of sacred crystals though :(

You and me both Chrono, work was nuts today, had zero free time. Normally can at least use my energy and arena orbs at lunch but man, not today.

Congrats Panther on Surging Menace and ELT gilg! Congrats to everyone else on any accomplishments as well!!!

Hope everything is ok Valentus.

Cloud of Darkness is extremely useful in that fight because she has Aura Ball which helps a lot at surviving the initial onslaught when all of the plant parts are alive and Comeback which removes status conditions when your healer has to focus on mass healing. She's the true MPV because she gives you more control over the outcome especially in the early turns.

creid

the game gonna be melee focus i think, magic just lose out in PVE.
dont forget you can equip 2 staves on Exdeath with DW too. :D
Hmmmmm... this doesn't also let me dual cast, does it? Just lets me get the MAG benefits of having 2 staves?

Lyrian

what was their reward, really?

GIF looks like me on most days, lol. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

Their reward was to top off everyone's arena orbs, giving the exploiters a replenished orb bar, and those that didn't a wasted re-fill.

Thanks, Gumi!

Let's see....

A whole crap-ton of free arena runs, so lots of medals and pots, the King HP Pot that closes out tonight, and probably a near-insurmountable lead for December's monthly arena contest on Day 1... with zero repercussions at all.

Nope, no reason to be salty all.

Veggy

Wait, so I get nothing for not exploiting the system?

I didn't touch arena at all because I heard it was bugged and didn't want to compromise my account

Lyrian

Hmmmmm... this doesn't also let me dual cast, does it? Just lets me get the MAG benefits of having 2 staves?

Exactly.

Wait, so I get nothing for not exploiting the system?

I didn't touch arena at all because I heard it was bugged and didn't want to compromise my account

You (and everyone else who played fairly) did get something and not nothing.

You got punished for NOT exploiting the system like everyone else did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom