• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
This event is super crazy.

I started at like rank 28, and now I'm rank 41. Walked out with Lightning, got the six star mats for her, but now I can't level her up hahaha. I need more auracite for the katana. Haven't touched the tickets or the star quartz.

Super excited for the cactuar dunes. I need that 100 Lightning.

tariniel

So I have 4500 lapis. Should I just keep daily pulling, or save up 500 more to do an 11 pull on the next banner? Or maybe save for a banner after that?

I have zero of the current banner units, and there are some other non-banner units I could use, but generally I feel pretty covered in most areas except for physical damage units (even then I have Lightning who should be able to carry that spot). My only other physical damage unit is Freya and I guess Lasswell...

Here are screens of all of my units in case. I don't know what to do with the lapis right now really.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haven't posted an image on here before so not sure if this is gonna work.. But here is the actual pull. I did make my story more dramatic by saying Delita last when he was in fact first lol.

Awesome pull - congrats. Delita obv. is great but Cecil is even better in my mind. His upcoming 6* version will be so good.

Still need to pull him.

Syntsui

So I have 4500 lapis. Should I just keep daily pulling, or save up 500 more to do an 11 pull on the next banner? Or maybe save for a banner after that?

I have zero of the current banner units, and there are some other non-banner units I could use, but generally I feel pretty covered in most areas except for physical damage units (even then I have Lightning who should be able to carry that spot). My only other physical damage unit is Freya and I guess Lasswell...

Here are screens of all of my units in case. I don't know what to do with the lapis right now really.

Tomorrow's banner is better than the current one, but I would advise only pulling dailies for it and waiting for the FF3 banner for a hard 11-Pull.

Lyrian

Hippo - Delita is a great pull! And I like this event. The massive rank experience means I am approaching L60... almost six hours before the energy bar fills up.

Seriously, anyone??? The Hill Gigas in Advanced B - not even the damned boss. Any advice?

Haven't made it that far yet. Is it using Magnitude 8? You can block that with Barstonra, if so.

Lyrian

PA0C7aN.png

Haven't posted an image on here before so not sure if this is gonna work.. But here is the actual pull. I did make my story more dramatic by saying Delita last when he was in fact first lol.

Pull has a Shadow in it; it's legit.

Grats on the Delita!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I think the best lapis strategy at this point has to be to build up to 5K and just sit on it until you get the banner where you really have to have one of the rarer pulls. Then just spend whenever you go over.

robotuw

I think the best lapis strategy at this point has to be to build up to 5K and just sit on it until you get the banner where you really have to have one of the rarer pulls. Then just spend whenever you go over.

I'm basically doing that, but with 10K. Though if we have more lukewarm banners like this one I might get it up to 15K.

EDarkness

Sounds like a good strategy, but recently with the low drop rates for things I have pretty much given up on spending anything to get pulls. I do the 1/2 cost daily pull and that's it. I wouldn't mind getting one of the new characters in this upcoming banner, but with the sheer cost versus your chances to get anything good I don't see the point in it.

What I'm gonna do now is just hold on big pulls and wait for characters I have now to get 6*. It's gonna be a long time, sure, but at least I don't have to give Gumi/Square Enix any money. The exception to this will probably be when Tidus is added and what I do then will be determined by how much of a pain it'll be to get him.

I REALLY want them to fix the color crystal issue so that gold will give 4* base and rainbow will give 5* base units. I'll do more pulls if that change happens.

Razmos

Huh, the story character Knox seems pretty useful
Knox-5.png

His Job is strategist and he has 2 moves that increase Attack and Magic by 40% for all allies but lowers defense and spirit by 20% (Attack Formation) or increases Defense and Spirit by 40% and lowers attack and magic by 20% (Defense formation)
Sounds like it would be useful for hard fights and I'd love to see what they could come up with for a 6* upgrade.

Syntsui

Sounds like a good strategy, but recently with the low drop rates for things I have pretty much given up on spending anything to get pulls. I do the 1/2 cost daily pull and that's it. I wouldn't mind getting one of the new characters in this upcoming banner, but with the sheer cost versus your chances to get anything good I don't see the point in it.

What I'm gonna do now is just hold on big pulls and wait for characters I have now to get 6*. It's gonna be a long time, sure, but at least I don't have to give Gumi/Square Enix any money. The exception to this will probably be when Tidus is added and what I do then will be determined by how much of a pain it'll be to get him.

I REALLY want them to fix the color crystal issue so that gold will give 4* base and rainbow will give 5* base units. I'll do more pulls if that change happens.

Is that an acknowledged problem by them?

After Chizuru's banner in July, got extremely lucky since then.
Refia can be 6*, has Arise (100% HP res), improved Cheer (45% for 5 turns), innately ressist Silence/Paralyze/Confuse/Petrify and with Dual Cast she is just godly.

Oh jesus, I assume she has curaja too? if so, flat out better than Lenna. Alright, I suppose I can do daily pulls for the III banner then ;p

Sorry CCIE, still in the C's. I finally beat Roper though! Turned out there's an easy trick to prevent him from doing that cheap sweep crap. Would have went even faster if I had a physical unit and in hindsight I could have equipped the fire sword to someone but whatever, beat his ass! I was too fixated on the fact he was weak to fire so Firaga blinded me from his patterns.

I've decided I am pretty upset Goblez sucks so much when you get way better units. :/ I want to use him but can't justify him instead of Kefka.

I never do an 11 pull unless I have more than 8000 lapis, I want to still be able to do daily pulls

I've decided I am pretty upset Goblez sucks so much when you get way better units. :/ I want to use him but can't justify him instead of Kefka.

i know man, best sprite in the game, turns out he's just Exdeath Junior, it aint fair.

Shouta

Huh, the story character Knox seems pretty useful
Knox-5.png

His Job is strategist and he has 2 moves that increase Attack and Magic by 40% for all allies but lowers defense and spirit by 20% (Attack Formation) or increases Defense and Spirit by 40% and lowers attack and magic by 20% (Defense formation)
Sounds like it would be useful for hard fights and I'd love to see what they could come up with for a 6* upgrade.

Oh, they renamed him Knox, huh? He's called Nicol/Nikol in the JP version.

tuffymon

Congrats, man. Now for some weapon farming, eh?

I have the katana cooking, but that'll be a few days, and I'm not sure I'll use it over the splendor, the blind vs 6 attack and fire is negligible. I don't have any stronger weapons currently available, or any TM weapons that she can use. I will however have Diabolos in about 2 hours though, focusing on that for now at least. I also have a Black Belt Gi cooking. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I like how my colosseum strategy has devolved into, "everyone spam thundaga/blizzaga". Then for bosses it's just "bring Charlotte". Poor Chizuru never gets time to shine these days.

Im up to B2 and Its served me well.

chrono01

Well...Holy Shit. Decided to do a 2nd 11 pull because I really want Gaffgarion for his TMR.....Got him...3 more Alma to help get dem robes....oh! The 3* Cecil I have been looking for to level his LB....oh wait what's that? A rainbow? Really? Delita! Hell yeah!
Oh man, I wish I had such luck. Congrats! Three Alma, a Gaffgarion, a Cecil, and a Delita? Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that. :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I like how my colosseum strategy has devolved into, "everyone spam thundaga/blizzaga". Then for bosses it's just "bring Charlotte". Poor Chizuru never gets time to shine these days.

Im up to B2 and Its served me well.

Graviga + heartless angel FTMFW for most of these, man.

CCIE

Banned
Those who are bagging on Golbez - his paralysis move saved my bacon against the Hill Gigas in Adv. B-5. Have to treat him like you do the White Dragon. Paralyze, Poison, etc... Against everything else in the level, spamming Thundaga works great.

But the Gigas is significantly more difficult to deal with

Lyrian

Think I'm about to enter CCIE's Gigas terrirory.

Can't see the first fight though, need an orb to respawn.

Has anyone actually read the description of the Y-Potion yet? I think I'll pass on the "side effects" (flavor text, not real in-game) of the potion. Or maybe, I'll be nice and give one to my worst enemy, lol.

tuffymon

Think I'm about to enter CCIE's Gigas terrirory.

Can't see the first fight though, need an orb to respawn.

Has anyone actually read the description of the Y-Potion yet? I think I'll pass on the "side effects" (flavor text, not real in-game) of the potion. Or maybe, I'll be nice and give one to my worst enemy, lol.

What I do know is, the wiki says it takes 8 water megacrysts to craft one... I'll pass >.>;

Kettch

Farming the event has gone faster than I expected. Finished the tickets, star quartz, the weapon and the shield already. Still have a week to stock up 6* material. Guess I wasn't factoring in all the free energy from rank ups.

Those who are bagging on Golbez - his paralysis move saved my bacon against the Hill Gigas in Adv. B-5. Have to treat him like you do the White Dragon. Paralyze, Poison, etc... Against everything else in the level, spamming Thundaga works great.

I didn't even use status effects on the white dragon, Charlotte shut that thing down

bryt

Dumb question but I can still pull Lightning even if she's not the banner unit anymore right? If so I'm going to keep doing daily pulls and wish for the best.

c-murph

Dumb question but I can still pull Lightning even if she's not the banner unit anymore right? If so I'm going to keep doing daily pulls and wish for the best.

Yeah, should be able to... She wasn't a limited character. Unlike the Crystal Chronicle characters which aren't in the drop pool. As long as you get a Rainbow crystal and get very lucky with the drop. Odd are probably insane though since any character that can 5* can drop.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Farming the event has gone faster than I expected. Finished the tickets, star quartz, the weapon and the shield already. Still have a week to stock up 6* material. Guess I wasn't factoring in all the free energy from rank ups.

This is so true I wonder if it's unintended. I'm ranking so fast I find myself spending NRG in the high-cost ADV explo event (18) just to maximize my gains.

What rank are the folks ranking up extra fast in the event? I have been running Elite whenever I can with no wasted NRG other than overnight and I have only gained 3 ranks at 51 now.

Lyrian

I've gone from 45 - 52 running exclusively PRO.

Mostly pro, I pretty much rank up once a day. Up to 55 I think now.

Global will be global, but otherwise noted, there hasn't been any event since this one in JP that has ever offered the kind of rank xp efficiency that running PRO does.

I'm still ranking up once a day, without spending potions or lapis, in the 60s.

Lyrian

Just had a Gigas for fight 1 of B-5.

Barstonra took the teeth out of him. With it up, Mag 8 only did about 500 to each of my units.

CCIE

Banned
Thanks- I will go grab Barstonra with my dailies tomorrow. Without it, that fight is a pain in the ass. I'm sure it is easier with L100 Lightning, but I don't have her.

I've gone from R50 - R58 over the course of this event. Leveling strictly off of Elite for now. Pretty soon I might switch over to ADV-EXP for a day to level up some of my Espers/Megacrysts, as I already have enough Auracite for leveling one of my 5* to 6* when the time comes. Also have all of the tickets, SQ, shield, and the katana. May just continue to stock up on L6 materials, as I continue to raise rank next week. Could always use Gigantaurs as well, so uncertain what to do as the weekend approaches

We'll see if I can pull Agrias or Ramza tomorrow - then plans totally change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom