• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
For ELT, it is all about chaining magic. I can clear it with Lightning, Arc, and ExDeath, and bring along Snow, some other unit, and a friend unit for the event. Actually, the cactuar when he shows up is harder than the rest of the level is...

I'm hopeful to get another event unit from dailies so that I have three event units per run later in the week. Next week, four would be nice including the friend.

Kouriozan

Thanks but it only lists the ones that have been not whats coming :)

Did you look at the Japanese banners category?
There is everything released in Japan so far.

EDIT : if you want to see what's coming in the next 3/4 months, assuming we skip Dragon Quest.

ceg1HzR.png

KeRaSh

Sadly my sample is still too small and this all can be purely RNG.

I have done ELT 8 times

- Used 2x 75% Bonus units in every fight.
- Killed 8 Manasvin Warmechs (unit nr 234).
- I have met 2 rare Cactuars
- I have bought 45 Cactuars from Mog King
- I have 65 gears left.

= 4565 Gears sofar when counting initial gear reward & some from earlier floors.

Also 8 ELT runs. 0 Cactuars.
I hate you.
I love your Snow, though!

Coppanuva

I pulled a Szah but he's only a level 8 3* right now (hoping to slowly get him up via the event and maybe some cactuars once I max my bartz). I'm sharing an Exdeath with 434 magic right now... would it be better to swap him out for this weak Szah for people to use for bonus, or is the stronger unit preferred? I'm leaning to keeping Exdeath out for now...

Lyrian

Heads up to everyone. Exdeath's wicked light is not black magic. So you can still do 999dmg to everyone with it.

Edit: and so does earth shaker.

Excellent point. Spells disguised as abilities are not banned this week.

TEN goddamn pulls to get a single banner unit, Sazh. Three troll golds also as icing on the cake.

Event seemed easy enough for any developed team, but the rates are god awful.

--- Like BF, there is a magical rare unit which is the primary source of event currency.
--- Like BF, the magical rare unit spawns very rarely (PRO 3%, ELT 6% on JP; credit Reddit) That means roughly once a day if exclusively farmed.
--- Unlike BF, the magical rare unit can only spawn as a single instead as packs of 2 or 3.
--- Unlike BF, no bonus 100% units for the first week.

Thoughts: I think Gumi saw that people were checking out of BF in Week 1 and that pissed them off. So, this week is intentional event currency starvation to ensure that anyone who tries likely won't claim all of the event rewards in the first week. Then, "magically", the 100% bonus gets turned back on for Week 2 and everyone has to race to play catch up to try to beat the clock.

But hey.... there are daily 500 lapis bundles to "compensate" for the lack of event currency. Essentially 10 jumbo cactaurs and 2 of every 6* awakening material for 500 lapis may start looking tempting to some people shortly.

I'm pretty sure that this is going to the first event that I'm not actively going to try to clean out. Not worth the headache, especially when TMs (which are better than event gear) exist. I've got a CoD to still level.

For me, that 500 lapis buy would be better spent on finishing my second (and last, thank god now I can stop stalling on side project TMs) growth egg.

And WTH at selling the craftable 10% stat materia in this event? Complete newbie trap.

/sigh

across

Objectively this event is pretty questionable, but it's possible to make it work, kinda, at least until you get all the Gigantuars.

Running my TM'd-to-the-gills Cloud of Darkness with 666 attack, and a Refia with Dualcast, HP materia and Camouflage, I can carry two Sazhs, a Snow, and then a bonus friend unit (though there aren't many people listing them...). I clear 300+ currency from each run, which for now means 13 energy for 3 Gigantuars, plus the possibility of bonus currency as well as megacite drops.

I know her time in the sun will come to an end eventually, but CoD has been the best investment I've made in this game. MVP for Brave Frontier, FF3, FFV and the Antenolla trial, and now all-but-capable of soloing FF13 (with excessive TM support...)

<3 CoD

What are the good TMs that can support CoD? Dual wield for sure, but I don't have that yet. With limited weapon options, not sure how I can boost her up.

ELT is definitely the way to go

More bonus drops overall (megas and crystals), more xp, more rank and with 2 bonus units i get 200 gears a run. Double what Pro offers for only 3 more NRG

Yeah it still sucks but if cactuses show up while i farm this for a few weeks i can at least get the basic stuff done

Syntsui

ELT is definitely the way to go

More bonus drops overall (megas and crystals), more xp, more rank and with 2 bonus units i get 200 gears a run. Double what Pro offers for only 3 more NRG

Yeah it still sucks but if cactuses show up while i farm this for a few weeks i can at least get the basic stuff done
This is absolutely pathetic lol. I just don't think I'll have the resources for all the tickets to try to pull a Snow before this banner ends x.x

If only Lightning was on it, I could justify some 11x pulls.

This is absolutely pathetic lol. I just don't think I'll have the resources for all the tickets to try to pull a Snow before this banner ends x.x

If only Lightning was on it, I could justify some 11x pulls.

Yup

They really went the other way with this one. Between not having scaled the item prices in line with the rates (see the JP comparison) and dropping the value of bonus units (500 and only spawn one) you are looking at an event thats almost 3 times less generous than the Brave Frontier event.....

And people already bitched about that one!

Yup

They really went the other way with this one. Between not having scaled the item prices in line with the rates (see the JP comparison) and dropping the value of bonus units (500 and only spawn one) you are looking at an event thats almost 3 times less generous than the Brave Frontier event.....

And people already bitched about that one!

Yep this is strike 2 on them in my opinion with these events if they continue this way with shit drop rates and increasing the cost from JPN...I'm out.

This event is horrible. like you get around 100 per ELT..wow.

There also seems to be no interest in pulling for this event either. Only Rixa with a low lvl Snow that I cant use as I dont have enough powerful Units to take on this event myself. need a OP unit like Thrillho,Valentus etc :)

H3xum

I don't know man, this event right after the arena fiasco just has disenchanted me. I won't even mention the terrible bundles in the store.

This feels like the first day of the end for me personally.

across

What are the good TMs that can support CoD? Dual wield for sure, but I don't have that yet. With limited weapon options, not sure how I can boost her up.

Dual Wield or Doublehand
Rising Sun if you have it, Thorned Mace if not - I'm running both on mine.
Power of Creation (replace with 10% ATK)
Brave Suit
Bracer x2

Standard light armor TMs. I'm missing Black Hood and a few more ATK pots into mine - technically a waste of them, perhaps, but I don't have any current top-tier phys attackers (Luneth, Elza, Lightning, Gilgamesh, etc.)

Playing this game is about making do with what you have and leveraging the options you have available. I farmed up Excalibur early on and at the time it was the best TM weapon I had access to, but I have a grand total of zero units who can utilize it effectively until... Firion 6*? Garland? Rising Sun is "worse" with a shorter lifespan, but it's been much more effective for me.

edit: To the people who are disenchanted with the one-two punch of a fairly miserable set of Arena rules and a fairly miserable event, evaluate if you urgently need the rewards from the event (highly unlikely that you do) or if you need to put anything more than the bare minimum of effort to stay in the 30k range for monthly arena rankings (highly unlikely that you do). Set your TM macro up and let it run for a week until Lightning Returns. Go through the story to extract the large amount of Lapis lurking in missions. Go get enough Light Megacrysts to finally make that last HP+15% materia you've had the mats for. Get your daily bonuses/quests done, bide your time, and look forward to Christmas Tree Fina.

Whizkid7

What the hell, Sazh is only 50% bonus compared to the others?! That's some messed up shit right there.

...Yes I'm mainly complaining because he's the only one I pulled and I got a troll gold instead of Snow. I really want Snow ;_;

At least clearing all the event stages was easy...

Kouriozan

Woohoo my Exdeath finally learned dual black magic!
I'll get the 5 cheapest tickets then stop doing the event, it's really not worth it to devote 2 weeks for it when I have a lot of good TMs to grind.

Yeah

definitely the lowest point the game has been.

- Bad update and glitches

- Bad bundles

- Triple Cost event items and Triple reduction in event drops

- Unit updates for global didnt move the needle for the characters :(

They are dropping the ball hard right now

Alkez

I'm not at the point of saying I'm going to leave the game just yet, but it does feel like the game has been getting worse and worse for the last month or so. I still love it but I'm putting less time into this event and if things continue the way they are I'll just be putting less and less time into the game. Not because I want to, simply because there is no point when rates are this bad. It sucks that Gumi is killing their own game.

Lyrian

What the hell, Sazh is only 50% bonus compared to the others?! That's some messed up shit right there.

...Yes I'm mainly complaining because he's the only one I pulled and I got a troll gold instead of Snow. I really want Snow ;_;

At least clearing all the event stages was easy...

Sazh is normal in terms of bonus drop rates.

3* base banner unit = 50%
4* base banner unit = 75%
5* base banner unit = 100% (except when Gumi decides that's too generous)

I will be going to New Zealand to fly fish for a month on the 16th december. God I hope my whale friends in here dont kick me from their Friend list as I will be living in a tent most of the time in the backcountry and be fly fishing up remote river valleys... please dont delete me :)

Valentus

Guys

If you think the ffzero and táctica 2 grind events are better...

You are wrong

They are worst

So get used to this mechanic

Kouriozan

I'm fine with the concept, I even bought everything in the Brave Frontier event in 4 days, I'm just mad they are keeping Lightning bonus to week 2 meanwhile everyone get bad drop because nobody can share that precious +100% bonus drop unit.

Guys

You are wrong

They are worst

Then this just isn't the game for me. If that is the case and they aren't changed when they come out then I am done and goodluck to anyone that thinks this is an acceptable way to run a game. /shrug

Iceman829

They seem to have no clue with this event. It's right before the holidays. The banner is just butt to begin with and the rewards for the event are shit tier as well. The fact they multiplied the cost of items by over 3 is ridiculous and will only drive players towards quitting. You can only poke the bear so long. If you do end up quitting always make sure you vote the game down to 1 star to show your displeasure.

I'm also glad I got dicked over again in arena. I went from being top 500 in arena to 5k because of the bs glitch. Fought my way back to 1400 using the glitches back at everyone and then they reset everything. I'm now 20k because I have to sleep at night. I had a nice early boost on the month by saving 5 arena battles and having a max multiplier waiting for the month and everything went to shit. I know people here say 1 trust moogle who gives a shit, but for someone who can't macro because I don't have a computer that extra 10% moogle would come in handy for all the time I put into this shit. It's seriously fucking stupid the only way to actually play this game is to actually not play it and let a computer auto battle 24/7 the first mission of the game

RedZaraki

Banned
I just used all my energy and got 1400 gears for it.

That was enough for the two cheapest summon tickets........and that's it.

I'm gonna say I don't really need any of the stuff on sale in there. I'd rather spend two weeks on TMR farming.

Syntsui

Guys

You are wrong

They are worst

We can get used to this kind of event. We can't and shouldn't get used to these rates.

This is not a BF situation, we could get used to that because once we factored the bonus units, it wasn't so bad.

Right now we have the following situation: Healer + 2 Dps units to kill the enemies + 3 useless Snows (counting the friend) will yield something like 375 Gears. Just about 27 runs to get all the cactuars, which we could get in one day in every single event so far. Just about 267 runs to get all the moogles, which was always though, but right now is damn right impossible unless people have an absurd luck to pulls the minimal amount of Snow themselves and play the entire day without skipping a single opportunity to use their NRG.

You may say it will get better with 100% Lightning next week. But no, it won't. A ridiculous but somehow achievable team compositon should be 2 Lightnings for the kill + 4 useless Snows (considering people whaled for this event, which is the excuse people have to defend these events). This would yield 600 gears. Just about 17 runs to get all cactuars and 167 runs to get all Moogles.

I'm not even factoring the bonus because they are so rare, they are barely a factor. Let's remember they are nerfed compared to BF event, now we can only get 1 of these motherfuckers.

This is literally an atrocious event and can't be defended with shit like ''things will get worse get used lol / these event are for people that spend money on the banners, it's balanced for them lol''. We should and must complain, not only here, but within their support. We may not get shit, but it's important to let our voices be heard at the very least.

This event is awfull for every single type of player. BF was a godlike event compared to this and I will repeat, the structure is NOT the problem, the modified rates are.

if this is the base economy for events.... thats a damn shame

BF event was already pushing the boundaries but at least Metal gods saved it when they showed up

CCIE

Banned
Have almost all the cactuars, and have Snow to a respectable 6* level - have been pretty lucky with the cactuars. Almost time to start TM farming again in earnest. Good morning so far, because I really wanted Snow
He is 6* L72 at this time

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Less than 1% away from the first Dualcast.... Thrist!!!

I'm really enjoying this event also drops SC, HC, and Megacities. I get one Mega per one at least and so far about 3 SC and a Holy. Not bad I say.

Outside of that, as I said, I'm not aiming very high. Worst comes to worst, just tickets.

But I'd like to also get the cheap 6* Mats, Cacatur, and Elixirs.

As I said, normal salt levels achieved!

Syrus

Banned
Wow....mu team cant take a weak allu and beat elite. Gonna hace to use strong non banner friends and pray for metal god thingy until lightning bonus next week.

Yhis is trash

I can beat elite with my group but not wouy using items and a long ass battle. Noy worth the time for 150 gear.

Rixa

Also 8 ELT runs. 0 Cactuars.
I hate you.
I love your Snow, though!
Hugs & kisses <3

I pulled a Szah but he's only a level 8 3* right now (hoping to slowly get him up via the event and maybe some cactuars once I max my bartz). I'm sharing an Exdeath with 434 magic right now... would it be better to swap him out for this weak Szah for people to use for bonus, or is the stronger unit preferred? I'm leaning to keeping Exdeath out for now...
Event unit as for now is better leader.
Well my Gilgamesh can solo this shit. I can bring 5 peasants lvl 10 bonus units and Gilgamesh with machine Killer kills all

^^ Lol :D

Got 1 friend slot free: 147.899.569. Have gaf in your name / msg text.

bonkeng

Wow....mu team cant take a weak allu and beat elite. Gonna hace to use strong non banner friends and pray for metal god thingy until lightning bonus next week.

Yhis is trash

I can beat elite with my group but not wouy using items and a long ass battle. Noy worth the time for 150 gear.

Lol sorry for laughing. This has got to be the most typo'd post I've seen. And yeah I'm bored :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did some quick napkin math. For me to get everything I want(Tickets, Cactur, 6* Mats, Elixirs), I'll be done in about 9 to 10 days, using just a Snow/Vanilla friend.

I'll probably throw on the cheap tier of SQs.

tariniel

Not gonna lie I'm pretty pissed that Lightning isn't bonus. I have a really hard time clearing this thing without a strong friend too.

Lyrian

Guys

You are wrong

They are worst

Well, then, I'm glad I farmed the hell out of what I did while the going was good to build a stable all-around team.

Still sucks about the badly nerfed drop rate compared to JP though.

Rixa

Well, then, I'm glad I farmed the hell out of what I did while the going was good to build a stable all-around team.

Still sucks about the badly nerfed drop rate compared to JP though.

Was the drop rate nerfed or only the King Mog prices?

Brunire

Hello everyone! I have been waiting a long time to be able to post but this thread has proven to be invaluable for this game. So thanks for that.

Here is my ID as I have plenty of spots for friends, although some of you were kind enough to add me already:

I am currently sharing Lightning but just got lucky and pulled a Snow, so I will share him after a bit of leveling.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom