• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehom

They should've boosted the gears drop to at least double to make it somewhat decent...

As it is now, this event is horrid and I hope this is the worst it gets.

Rixa

Hello everyone! I have been waiting a long time to be able to post but this thread has proven to be invaluable for this game. So thanks for that.

Here is my ID as I have plenty of spots for friends, although some of you were kind enough to add me already:

I am currently sharing Lightning but just got lucky and pulled a Snow, so I will share him after a bit of leveling.

Cheers!

Welcome!
Toss me a fr:
Got 1 friend slot free: 147.899.569. Have gaf in your name / msg text.

Drops are the same, only abilities are up. Rest is the same.

Yup. So nothing new, a lot of cry for a small thing :D. We just need to get used to these.

tariniel

Hello everyone! I have been waiting a long time to be able to post but this thread has proven to be invaluable for this game. So thanks for that.

Here is my ID as I have plenty of spots for friends, although some of you were kind enough to add me already:

I am currently sharing Lightning but just got lucky and pulled a Snow, so I will share him after a bit of leveling.

Cheers!

Welcome, I just sent you a request!

IMO the event isn't that bad, my expectations were low from the last one like this, the only thing that really makes me angry is that Lightning doesn't add bonus. It makes no sense to me. Anyway I got lucky with a Sazh daily so I guess that helps?

Cheers!

Sent a FR.

Welcome!
Toss me a fr:

Yup. So nothing new, a lot of cry for a small thing :D. We just need to get used to these.

The thing is we shouldn't have to get used to it. It's bullshit and you know it. Giving the same drop rate and increasing the cost by 3x is not the way to keep your customers. Look I am fine with the way the event is set up even though "bonus" units are really just "required" units that is fine but if you think increasing the cost of the items is just fine and dandy then wow. Didn't someone say earlier the max you could get in a run was 4.1k if you got a Cactuar and had 5 Lightnings and a Lightning friend assuming she gets a 100% bonus next week? So 17 runs for the highest Trust Moogle which doesn't seem bad until you realize who the hell has 5 Lightnings other than the people that drop thousands on this shit....or you know the people that inject summon tickets. They need to have some sort of balance or it will eventually burn out for everyone.

I don't know if this event is quite the nail in the coffin for me, but I must admit that it's been a rough few days. The arena glitch followed by an absolute nightmare of an arena update for my personal lot of units, bundles that are just plain worthless, and then an extremely lackluster event means that I'm essentially doing nothing with the game but TM farming for at least 2 weeks.

Now, I know that TM farming is important, and I guess I should be grateful that I have a chance to breathe and make some progress to that end... but it sure makes for a BORING AS HELL 2 weeks with this game. It's hard to even call it playing the game.

I was hoping on stuff like events breaking it up for me and giving me something to work towards, but the drop rate is so abysmal that even shooting for something like all the summon tickets seems like an impossible goal.

Here's hoping that next week gives a boost and maybe gives me an extremely remote chance to pull for Lightning. Otherwise... well...

Rixa

The thing is we shouldn't have to get used to it. It's bullshit and you know it. Giving the same drop rate and increasing the cost by 3x is not the way to keep your customers.

Only thing that got 2-3x price was those 4(?) abilities. Were you going to buy them all?

All the other stuff in King Mog is same priced than JP / last event.

What sucks is that Lightning is not in gacha nor gives bonus 100% for the first week. But otherwise Iam ok with the event.

Whales

Banned
garbage event, it basically gives us 2 free weeks to do TM or catch up on the story ( something I sorely need, I actually JUST reached the 3rd island...) im going to finiah my excal and blade mastery and then start doing the story

but yes, this ia disappointing and we need to all bitch about it so that gumi doesnt think about giving us this kind of shit event again.

Syntsui

Welcome!
Toss me a fr:

Holyshit man, it's not the same drops compared to any event ever and this is not a cry for a small thing. This is a gigantic slap in the face to every player be them whale or not.

Brave Frontier that got a lot of shit is like a Paradise compared to this. I can't believe there are people that think this shit is acceptable, this is exactly the reason why companies do this bullshit. If you accept shit like this, it will become the norm and this game player base will disappear in less than a year from now.

People have to complain, contact their support and simply let their voices be heard. It's all that can be done besides stopping giving them money. I don't want this game to go to a path that will doom it forever, and that can only be prevented if the players do whatever is possible for them to do. Being casual about what is happening right now makes me really sad.

I repeat, the structure is not a problem, the drop rates ARE. They are low on purpose so they can sell those absurd bundles with gears.

Rixa

Holyshit man, it's not the same drops compared to any event ever and this is not a cry for a small thing. This is a gigantic slap in the face to every player be them whale or not.

Did I say that it was going to be same drops than earlier events? You don't need to do event if you dont like. What I tried to say is that this is same event that was in JP. why would you think they would give us much better shit?

They know that you have 2 weeks time to get 10 summoning tix basically free and other shit if you are willing to use your free nrg to event.

Just grind something else for the first week and come back when L gets 100%.

bonkeng

I have a bad feeling that next week, when Lightning, Fang and Hope shows up with their respective bonuses, Snow Vanille and Sazh bonus will be turned off. This way people will need to pull again if they want to continue farming.

Only thing that got 2-3x price was those 4(?) abilities. Were you going to buy them all?

All the other stuff in King Mog is same priced than JP / last event.

What sucks is that Lightning is not in gacha nor gives bonus 100% for the first week. But otherwise Iam ok with the event.

Not relevant at all actually. Just because I may not doesn't mean others won't. Nothing should be more expensive if the drop rate stays the same. ( I was going to buy Lightnings as a just in case I pull her at some point to answer your question though). Again I am okay with the event set up even if it is kind of shitty to call something a bonus when it is truly required. I agree that Lightning should have the bonus at first I didn't want her to get it without a rate up but seeing the drop rate I have changed my tune. Oh well not everyone will agree and some people will just go with the flow but I hope enough people leave reviews and facebook comments to at least get them to realize balance is the way to go.

H3xum

I have a bad feeling that next week, when Lightning, Fang and Hope shows up with their respective bonuses, Snow Vanille and Sazh bonus will be turned off. This way people will need to pull again if they want to continue farming.

That would be the icing on the H3xum quitting cake.

Rixa

Good call o_O. Didn't think that.
Not relevant at all actually. Just because I may not doesn't mean others won't. Nothing should be more expensive if the drop rate stays the same. Oh well not everyone will agree and some people will just go with the flow but I hope enough people leave reviews and facebook comments to at least get them to realize balance is the way to go.

I agree that nothing should be more expensive.

I played one year Gumis earlier game (Bonkeng did play that too) Chain Chronicles global version which was really bad in drop / rates / rewards / prizes compared to JP Chain Chronicles. So Iam somewhat used to this thing what Gumi is doing. Thus Iam constantly wondering how in the hell Gumi is so generous compared to my experience from their earlier game...

Something good, I get few Megacites also, its not much but its something.

Sieppaa.PNG

Man the trochiod gear rate is half what it was on the BF event and to top it off the bonus units are terrible. I would get 800 karma per clear on the BF event, now I'm lucky to get 300 gears and it's harder on top of that.

Do the cactuars show instead of round 3 or in addition to? And can there be multiple?

It's fucking stupid that they give you all these metal gigantaurs from the mog king, but then you have to use them up to level your bonus characters to make farming worthwhile.

It's fucking stupid that they give you all these metal gigantaurs from the mog king, but then you have to use them up to level your bonus characters to make farming worthwhile.

huh?

you dont need to level the bonus characters

Just carry them with your strongest units. you still get the bonus even if they die

tariniel

Wow even with a gigantaur and a Sazh bonus, I only got 882 gears. Holy shit that's terrible... At least with the metal gods we'd get a few thousand at least.

Kouriozan

With this bad event I needed something to cheer me up, so I used 55% worth of trust in my 100% stack and grinded the last 0.1% for..

Vaa4hGjl.jpg

Deathbringer!
Same power as Excalibur but with Man-Eater included, woot!
As you can see Excalibur is pretty close to be done too!

My Lightning is currently at 647 ATK, feels good to start getting big numbers.

One single Jumbo Cactuar replaces Behemoth.

Yeah its rough

Based on the reddit survey the spawn rate for the Gigantaur is dropping

Initially it was looking like 10% but now im predicting its closer to 5%

so basically just like the metal gods minus the ability to get lucky with 3 of them and it drops half the bonus mats

Man... they really wanted to stunt access to event items didnt they

huh?

you dont need to level the bonus characters

Just carry them with your strongest units. you still get the bonus even if they die

Except that this dungeon is not that easy compared to the BF event dungeon. On BF event dungeon I ran like 2 Serias and 2 Karls and had 1 Elza helper solo the whole thing.

On this one I'm using 95/100 Cecil, 100/100 CoD, 80/80 Gilgamesh, 80/80 Vanille, and 40/40 Sazh and unless I bring a helper with 650+ ATK, I can still lose the ELT dungeon occasionally.

If I drop CoD or Gilgamesh for another bonus unit, I'm goign to lose every time. So I don't see any way to get more than 2 bonus units in my party short of levelling up Sazh to 60/60 AND the other bonus unit (also probably Sazh), and that's a risky proposotion considering how bad he is.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- i see people are MAD this morning!

-- daily: 2nd Rydia, alright alright alright.

-- holy SHIT big LB pots are legit!

-- the new arena rules are difficult for avg F2Ps built around mage teams but you can still have a decent time in there with your standard crowd control strat. i ... kinda like it?

-- haven't bothered with the event yet, but apparently i have to get at least 200 of these gears to earn my daily lapis? mmmmm

-- as Valentus points out that events will likely not get better, let's zoom out a bit from where we were at Halloween -- getting 100 lapis every day, decent events with decent equipment, relatively farmable stuff all around. We got A LOT of free shit.

-- NOW bring in the following: they added 15K lapis into the mix in the mainline story completions, they added the arena with a *shocking* set of easily obtainable rewards (moogles, pots, cactuars, oh my!)

-- As much as I dislike grindy events at low benefit, I'm not sure what you all expect. Take JP out of the picture and this looks very much like they're pumping the breaks a bit after pouring quite a bit of gas on this thing for a couple months. If anything it looks to me like they're considering long-term sustainability.

-- One more thing: I honestly really love how they're handling the arena, glitches aside. Week 1, status controls dominate. BAM, BANNED. Week 2, dualcasting BMs dominate, but if you ban BM, DPS has too much of an advantage. BAM, ban BM but also ban multi-hits! It's smart and tough and feels unfair but ... this is fun to me? This is fun to me.

-- Yes this event probably sucks balls but I really think they're laying the foundation for long term stability here and slowing powercreep as much as possible. I was used to the previous generosity, but I get what they're doing. It's not (just) the naked greed many of you are making it out to be.

Except that this dungeon is not that easy compared to the BF event dungeon. On BF event dungeon I ran like 2 Serias and 2 Karls and had 1 Elza helper solo the whole thing.

On this one I'm using 95/100 Cecil, 100/100 CoD, 80/80 Gilgamesh, 80/80 Vanille, and 40/40 Sazh and unless I bring a helper with 650+ ATK, I can still lose the ELT dungeon occasionally.

If I drop CoD or Gilgamesh for another bonus unit, I'm goign to lose every time. So I don't see any way to get more than 2 bonus units in my party short of levelling up Sazh, and that's a risky proposotion considering how bad he is.

Hmmm

Drop Cecil. you dont really need a tank. Focus on AoE and DPS. With Elzas ravaging blow applied attacks like Triple Attack/Cut Through/CrushingBlow/CallofVoid make quick work of the bosses.

Maybe even have Vanille throw in a cheer here and there

Hmmm

Drop Cecil. you dont really need a tank. Focus on AoE and DPS. With Elzas ravaging blow applied attacks like Triple Attack/Cut Through/CrushingBlow/CallofVoid make quick work of the bosses.

Maybe even have Vanille throw in a cheer here and there

I'll give it a try, but if I drop Cecil then nobody has Dispel for the Myrmidon.

I just looked at the Reddit survey BTW. If this rate continues the way it is, Pro is looking like a pretty solid proposition, as you could load up your entire party with bonus units and end up with more gears / NRG than ELT

I'll give it a try, but if I drop Cecil then nobody has Dispel for the Myrmidon.

I just looked at the Reddit survey BTW. If this rate continues the way it is, Pro is looking like a pretty solid proposition, as you could load up your entire party with bonus units and end up with more gears / NRG than ELT

Thats ok

You should be able to down myrmidon in the first round

And some espers have Dispel i think?

Bring Elza friends for Ravaging blow and Madness Rush

Rixa

Use "Holy Torch" item to dispel it.

tariniel

Is the Thunderfall ability for Lightning from this event trash? I originally was planning on getting it but after dumping all of my NRG from this morning and dailies and only having 2k gears, I'm not so sure anymore. Unless it's really, really good.

EDIT: Actually after more research this auto-bravery buff on the Morale Talisman would get overridden by the buff on embolden, so this talisman is useless unless you don't have cheer/embolden/etc, at least, that's what people on reddit said. So it seems useless for me. However I'm a bit more sold on the knuckles now which I initially thought were garbage since WoL can equip it and they have a ton of DEF. Might be good for when he gets his 6*.

Other than that, I think I might just wait until next week and hope L gives a buff to the event drops. It's pretty bad right now and I need to progress the story still (haven't got carb or the 10% atk materia recipe yet). The only thing I really want is some cactuars since my exdeath is only level 81. I'd really like summon tickets though since I dumped them all trying to get CoD (and failed).

Thats ok

You should be able to down myrmidon in the first round

And some espers have Dispel i think?

Bring Elza friends for Ravaging blow and Madness Rush

Ravaging Blow seems to apply Deprotect on top of his Protect, so it doesn't dispel it, and he keeps stacking it. If you go past the first turn it stacks so high that it's really hard to kill him. But yea, this is what I meant by I need a friend with 650+ ATK. Otherwise I can't kill him the first turn and his buff stacks up unless I use Dispel. But if I drop Cecil and use another DPS maybe that would help. I'm going to farm Pro for a little while just to add data to the spreadsheet, because if I can clear it with a full party of bonus units, then it looks like it would be more gears/NRG than ELT.

Iceman829

I need to know if is Snow as a character is worth it for anything or is he complete trash? I'm willing to put some work into him if he's worth something even just for a month or 2 and I'll farm that 1 materia for him as well, but I don't know his worth.

I cooled down from earlier I reworked my team after some tips here and also realized I forgot to switch some of my arena equipment to event equipment. My CoD is apparently 526 ATK now. Wow who would've guessed lol. As long as I bring a strong friend unit I can clear it with my weak Snow, so I'll get the materials I need for the fist weapon and some tickets and be happy where I am.

CCIE

Banned
Cactuars get!! Bartz at 6* L84 for his wind barrage, Snow at 6* L72 to counter everything, and ExDeath has his DC and is around 6* L90. It's a good morning, because now I finally feel I have some flexibility in setting up my party. Also, will level these units even more doing dailies over the weekend and next week.

And now, back to the regularly-scheduled TM farming for the next week, until Lightning and Hope banner arrives. Hopefully, I can put a good 10-15% on my TM team by then. At that point should be close to DC for Refia...

Got enough event cactuars to put Gilga to 99. Still need more for Exdeath, I should have 60 some odd cactuars left to purchase. This event is trash. Going to get enough for my cactuars then its back to tm farming.

I need to know if is Snow as a character is worth it for anything or is he complete trash? I'm willing to put some work into him if he's worth something even just for a month or 2 and I'll farm that 1 materia for him as well, but I don't know his worth.

I cooled down from earlier I reworked my team after some tips here and also realized I forgot to switch some of my arena equipment to event equipment. My CoD is apparently 526 ATK now. Wow who would've guessed lol. As long as I bring a strong friend unit I can clear it with my weak Snow, so I'll get the materials I need for the fist weapon and some tickets and be happy where I am.

He is a good tank unless you have Cecil and he will be outlcassed by WoL when he gets his 6* as well. Otherwise though yes he is good.

Based on the survey results so far:

I can clear PRO with 225% bonus. This is 30.445 gears / NRG.
I can clear ELT with 125% bonus. This is 25.3376 gears / NRG.

(I could do pro with 275% bonus if I had another Sazh or Vanille)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- I somehow lost on ELT. The 3rd guy took me a long time to grind down and the last fucker railed me hard once I got him down to 33% or so. Savage.

-- After clearing BGN / INT / ADV / PRO I have exactly 90 gears. 3+5+8+10 = 26 NRG. So 90 gears for 26 NRG, or 3.46 per NRG lololololol

-- probably gonna be a struggle just to hit the daily 200.

Lyrian

Cactuars get!! Bartz at 6* L84 for his wind barrage, Snow at 6* L72 to counter everything, and ExDeath has his DC and is around 6* L90. It's a good morning, because now I finally feel I have some flexibility in setting up my party. Also, will level these units even more doing dailies over the weekend and next week.

And now, back to the regularly-scheduled TM farming for the next week, until Lightning and Hope banner arrives. Hopefully, I can put a good 10-15% on my TM team by then. At that point should be close to DC for Refia...

Wow, that was fast!

How many bonus units were you bringing into each run?

CCIE

Banned
I have Snow, Vanille, and bringing friend unit as well...
Also, had three energy refills saved up for the event from compensation

Rixa

-- I somehow lost on ELT. The 3rd guy took me a long time to grind down and the last fucker railed me hard once I got him down to 33% or so. Savage.

-- After clearing BGN / INT / ADV / PRO I have exactly 90 gears. 3+5+8+10 = 26 NRG. So 90 gears for 26 NRG, or 3.46 per NRG lololololol

-- probably gonna be a struggle just to hit the daily 200.

3rd guy:

- Use Dispel on every turn after your first turn.
- Its weak to fire.

Getting Gilgy to 100 made this event from semihard to semieasy.

CCIE

Banned
As much as I am not a fan, Gilgamesh is definitely OP - especially if you have the TM's for him already. A couple of friends on my list have him at close to 800 ATK

Syrus

Banned
Well , I decided..

This event is OKAY.

You get magicites and crytals , half exp of ADV vortex and 1 gigantaur per elite run.

Its essentially like adv crystal chamber and EXP vortex that way.

Im not bringing bonus friends along because im using my really strong friends to kill everything while levelling my Lightning and Agrias and bringing Refia to heal.

Next week ill have lightning bonus so maybe I can get the trust moogle and all cactaurs n some 6 mats

Valentus

Snow is a great secondary tank. Its totally worth at least one.

And his tm along with the glove of this event are the best gear for warrior of light.

Think at some point I'm going to go for the Growth Egg TM from Medius. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Got to do what ever it takes to make leveling 6* units easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom