• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that time has passed and I've let the disappointment with the event sink in, I think I'm coming to peace with the fact that it sucks. I've been playing the game for a few months now, and this is literally the first event that just bombs. A couple others didn't blow me away, but this is the first one that just outright stinks.

So while I wish it was better, it's really just strike one in my book. And in some ways, it's actually beneficial to me now that I've decided to finally start with TM farming. I have managed to make some decent progress over the past couple of days and anticipate that by the end of this event I might even have an Excalibur in my arsenal (Cecil is at 34.5% and I have 30-40% in moogles sitting there waiting).

It also gives me time to build up my lapis instead of wasting it on daily pulls so that when a banner or event DOES come around, I'll have a nifty stockpile to delve into.

Now are there aspects of this banner that concern me for the future? Absolutely. The 5 lapis reward thing is practically obscene and the rate of the drops is bridging on insulting, but I can simply write that up to bad event planning. It sounds like they copy/pasted the info over from JP but kinda' forgot that it's not nearly that easy. Given how they manage their weekly "maintenance", it doesn't surprise me that they mishandled this as well. Hopefully it's just growing pains.

All of this being said, if the next event after this one is the same level of suckage or worse, I very much doubt I will be as forgiving.

Syntsui

Oh snap. So, if you have two Kaiser Fists and two Champion Belts... is that like a 40% increase for Atk and Def?!
60 ATK + 40% ATK. I repeat, best TM in the game if you are already geared. 2 of Xiao's Knuckle with these bad boys + Maxwell's TM + 3 of Karl's TM yield the highest atk in the game.

Alkez

I'm just mad I've spent so much money on this game to quit it. I wish I was a whiner with no money involved so I could just do it and never bother with shit mobile games anymore. But the investment is just too colossal right now.

TM farming for 2 weeks will be the way to go, I guess. Should get Deathbringer, 2x Excaliburs, Double Hand, Bracer, Celestial Glove, Seal of Destruction by the end of the year hopefully.

I'll definitely not be as invested as I am right now. I really feel disrespected with what is happening in this game and the future doesn't seem bright.

If BF event was the eye opener, this is just the reality check. Chilly did the right thing, in the end, he is the real winner.

I feel you. Today has definitely been a wake up call. I think the thing that gets me is that I'm spending tickets to get units so that I can farm the event, to buy more tickets lol. It's an endless cycle.

Going forward I may do the bare minimum in these types of events. Get the tickets, the gigantuars, and quartz is going to be my new norm, and if possible I'll get some more 6* materials and any event exclusive gear that I may want/need.

FF Zero is going to be the first real test for me as I have no desire to pull on that banner.

EDarkness

I think I figured out I need about 60K trochoids, or about 600 battles worth. LOL

Good luck with that, man. I tried to work with this event, but it's pretty terrible. The last one, I felt like it was doable and I had fighting the boss down to where I didn't need to worry about it. However, this one gives so little that it's not even worth it. I ran the ELT a couple of time and it's just not worth the trouble. I got 96 gears + bonus from having Snow. It definitely wasn't worth the trouble.

I feel like stuff like this isn't really designed for players to have fun and enjoy themselves. It's something far more sinister and it makes me not want to play the game at all. It's disappointing because I was so excited to try the new event.

Dualcast get!!! Time for Refia to shine :). Second premium TM down (dual wield was first, just within the last week)

What TM should I go for next?? I have a CoD but no real good weapon so was kind of wondering if I should go for Locke? The other 4 I am working on now are:

Barrage (36.8%) - Not really sure if this is even worth it
MP 30% (85.7%) - Wanted to the MP and started it a long time ago.. so yea lol. MAy as well finish it at this point
MAG + 30% (92%) - until recently my party was basically all mages so figured this was worthwhile.
Excalibur (44.5%) - getting there!

Potential TM units:

• Bartz - Doublehand
  • Arc - Omnirod
  • Extra Ludmille for another dual cast (not sure if this would be worth it, I have mages but Exdeath has it naturally and I have a 4* Arc and I think I read he has it naturally so idk)
  • Extra Cecil for another Excalibur (seems like a waste to go for a second right now when I have potentially other larger gaps?)
  • Locke - Rising Sun
  • Maxwell - Power of Creation
  • Alma - Lordly Robe
  • Gafgarrion
  • Terra - Ultima
  • Garland

Main party right now is: Exdeath, BCL, Cecil, Refia, Ingus if need full break otherwise Tellah usually. Currently working on getting CoD maxed. Also have a Garland and Bartz

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Good luck with that, man. I tried to work with this event, but it's pretty terrible. The last one, I felt like it was doable and I had fighting the boss down to where I didn't need to worry about it. However, this one gives so little that it's not even worth it. I ran the ELT a couple of time and it's just not worth the trouble. I got 96 gears + bonus from having Snow. It definitely wasn't worth the trouble.

I feel like stuff like this isn't really designed for players to have fun and enjoy themselves. It's something far more sinister and it makes me not want to play the game at all. It's disappointing because I was so excited to try the new event.

somewhere back in the first thread i got a real bad attitude about what was fair, what was for whales, and what I should expect going forward. that gave me a ton of perspective that i really took to heart, not the least of which is that some of this stuff just isn't for dolphins and minnows. That's ok!

This has a worse return than I've seen on previous events, sure, but taking this perspective has helped me maximize my fun out of this thing. Not a lot of sense getting twisted up in events that either don't benefit me, aren't fun, or are a waste of time. I still have TMs to grab, a blood sword to finish, a couple trials to win still, and an entire raft of units I still need to level up in addition to finishing up some story content.

(what if this event is actually a distraction to see how many people they can slow down from TM farming? haha)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The main problem at this moment:

1. we all need rare tickets to bother with this banner
2. we all need units on this banner to get these tickets

This is all to encourage pulling this banner as much as possible, as they saw from the dumb elza/maxwell event. Fine.

Syntsui

Dualcast get!!! Time for Refia to shine :). Second premium TM down (dual wield was first, just within the last week)

What TM should I go for next?? I have a CoD but no real good weapon so was kind of wondering if I should go for Locke? The other 4 I am working on now are:

Barrage (36.8%) - Not really sure if this is even worth it
MP 30% (85.7%) - Wanted to the MP and started it a long time ago.. so yea lol. MAy as well finish it at this point
MAG + 30% (92%) - until recently my party was basically all mages so figured this was worthwhile.
Excalibur (44.5%) - getting there!

Potential TM units:

• Bartz - Doublehand
  • Arc - Omnirod
  • Extra Ludmille for another dual cast (not sure if this would be worth it, I have mages but Exdeath has it naturally and I have a 4* Arc and I think I read he has it naturally so idk)
  • Extra Cecil for another Excalibur (seems like a waste to go for a second right now when I have potentially other larger gaps?)
  • Locke - Rising Sun
  • Maxwell - Power of Creation
  • Alma - Lordly Robe
  • Gafgarrion
  • Terra - Ultima
  • Garland

Main party right now is: Exdeath, BCL, Cecil, Refia, Ingus if need full break otherwise Tellah usually. Currently working on getting CoD maxed. Also have a Garland and Bartz
Barrage is not useful anymore, forget it.

Focus on maxing one character at the time. So for DPS:

Excalibur/Rising Sun, Double Hand, Power of Creation, Bracer should be priority.

Barrage is not useful anymore, forget it.

Focus on maxing one character at the time. So for DPS:

Excalibur/Rising Sun, Double Hand, Power of Creation, Bracer should be priority.

Heh, was afraid of that with Barrage. I'll start on Rising Sun (instead of barrage) and put Bartz in the empty slot then.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Congrats Hippo, thats awesome!

Xion86

Hmm how many Doublehands do i really need..? :p (2 more higher star units above too). He was coming up quite often for me for some reason as you can tell, no Gilgamesh though.

AtTWbnhl.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Barrage can still be useful if you wanna build up your LB/Esper meter like we needed against Maxwell. I wouldnt go out of my way to farm Barrage but since Luna drops so often everyone should have at least one Barrage Ability sooner or later to move around as needed.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Barrage is certainly still useful. But more than one? Ehhh. I'm actually going to farm it so I have something for my tanks (Cecil) to do and other arena shenanigans.

OH YEAH I DONT HAVE ONE NOT ONE DPS UNIT YET SOOOO

Syntsui

Barrage can still be useful if you wanna build up your LB/Esper meter like we needed against Maxwell. I wouldnt go out of my way to farm Barrage but since Luna drops so often everyone should have at least one Barrage Ability sooner or later to move around as needed.
Normal attacks build more LB than Barrage. I've tested it many times reseting the game against Max. It's definitely not useful for that for whatever the reason.

robotuw

Unless something nice comes out of the next few dailies, I'm ignoring the event for this week. Next week I should be able to bring Lightning + a friend and get the necessities fairly quick. Way to discourage participation Gumi.

Pejo

Normal attacks build more LB than Barrage. I've tested it many times reseting the game against Max. It's definitely not useful for that for whatever the reason.

I still like it for something to throw on DKC that won't kill him when he uses it.

EDarkness

somewhere back in the first thread i got a real bad attitude about what was fair, what was for whales, and what I should expect going forward. that gave me a ton of perspective that i really took to heart, not the least of which is that some of this stuff just isn't for dolphins and minnows. That's ok!

This has a worse return than I've seen on previous events, sure, but taking this perspective has helped me maximize my fun out of this thing. Not a lot of sense getting twisted up in events that either don't benefit me, aren't fun, or are a waste of time. I still have TMs to grab, a blood sword to finish, a couple trials to win still, and an entire raft of units I still need to level up in addition to finishing up some story content.

(what if this event is actually a distraction to see how many people they can slow down from TM farming? haha)

I kind of agree, but I like events since they break the monotony. I've gotten into a routine of doing the even, taking some time off to level new characters, then jumping into the new event. Farming TMRs is hard and takes a shitton of time. I don't have some program to do it for me, so I have sit there and babysit the game for hours at a time. This just isn't going to happen. This event being crappy just means that I won't be able to escape from the really boring stuff. I'll have another two weeks of boring stuff until whatever the next event is and maybe it'll suffer from the same problem as this one...seeing as how they seemed to have purposefully made this one shitty.

What also bothers me is that I generally do my daily quests and having to get 200 gears in order to finish my daily quests is really bumming me out. This means that if I want to do my daily quests, then I'm stuck doing the event at least to rack up 200 gears...every day. So they made this crappy event, then want to force us to do it by making it part of the daily quest we do. On top of that, doing so nets me a whole 5 lapis. FIVE! That's right, folks. FIVE lapis. What the hell kinda shit is that? Whoever made this event, really screwed the pooch and it looks as it if was deliberate.

Anyway, I came to terms with pulling characters a long time ago. I still do the daily pull and whenever the new banner comes, I do two pulls with tickets or 500 lapis and then it's back to doing the daily summon. I'm not going to beat my head against the wall just to hope and pray that the RNG will work in my favor. I still don't have a 5* base unit and sometimes it sucks because I don't have any powerhouse units. I'm okay with that now. I'll just live vicariously through the guys who were luckier than me. :)

Syntsui

I still like it for something to throw on DKC that won't kill him when he uses it.
I'm with you to a certain extent. I got mine exclusively for that and I guess it's a good alternative if you don't have a dedicated healer/can't focus on healing.

Dark Cannon and Soul Eater are still better damage wise for AoE/ST respectively. Specially because you have a free materia slot for damage (10%/20%/30%) + you can chain them for massive damage.

What order should should I level these units up? Ignoring TMs, this is just for endgame utility.

Bartz, Arc, Chizuru, Faris, Kefka, Ingus, Golbez, Gaffgarion, Kuja, Garland, Leo, Mustadio

chrono01

Ah, I sent them a support ticket telling them their event is broken. 150 gears for 13 energy requiring 4 fights, I mean come on.

Let's see their answer :]
Yeah, it's a poorly-conceived event, for sure. I know why Gumi is doing it ($$$!), but it's kind of dis-respectful to the players. Not too happy about it. :/

Typical Gumi, I guess. I've seen a lot of this kind of thing when I played Chain Chronicle.

Ugh.

So we can finally agree that this is the worst event in the history of this game? Like not even the cactuars are worth it.
Probably.

I'll grind out enough for the tickets (at least, the cheap ones), and then go back to TM grinding.

I have a bad feeling that next week, when Lightning, Fang and Hope shows up with their respective bonuses, Snow Vanille and Sazh bonus will be turned off. This way people will need to pull again if they want to continue farming.
Holy shit, I didn't think of that. If this happens...

Unless something nice comes out of the next few dailies, I'm ignoring the event for this week. Next week I should be able to bring Lightning + a friend and get the necessities fairly quick. Way to discourage participation Gumi.
Yeah, I'm not going to invest much in this event either. It just doesn't seem worth it. Here's hoping Gumi isn't as greedy with upcoming events, and stays closer to the Japanese version. If they make "adjustments" to the events that were already a grind-fest in the Japanese release, we're in for a very bleak future...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I kind of agree, but I like events since they break the monotony. I've gotten into a routine of doing the even, taking some time off to level new characters, then jumping into the new event. Farming TMRs is hard and takes a shitton of time. I don't have some program to do it for me, so I have sit there and babysit the game for hours at a time. This just isn't going to happen. This event being crappy just means that I won't be able to escape from the really boring stuff. I'll have another two weeks of boring stuff until whatever the next event is and maybe it'll suffer from the same problem as this one...seeing as how they seemed to have purposefully made this one shitty.

What also bothers me is that I generally do my daily quests and having to get 200 gears in order to finish my daily quests is really bumming me out. This means that if I want to do my daily quests, then I'm stuck doing the event at least to rack up 200 gears...every day. So they made this crappy event, then want to force us to do it by making it part of the daily quest we do. On top of that, doing so nets me a whole 5 lapis. FIVE! That's right, folks. FIVE lapis. What the hell kinda shit is that? Whoever made this event, really screwed the pooch and it looks as it if was deliberate.

Anyway, I came to terms with pulling characters a long time ago. I still do the daily pull and whenever the new banner comes, I do two pulls with tickets or 500 lapis and then it's back to doing the daily summon. I'm not going to beat my head against the wall just to hope and pray that the RNG will work in my favor. I still don't have a 5* base unit and sometimes it sucks because I don't have any powerhouse units. I'm okay with that now. I'll just live vicariously through the guys who were luckier than me. :)

I'm with you on this.

Aside: I honestly believe the 11 pulls are the only real way to increase your odds of getting a banner unit. And I'm not missing out on 9 dailies for that opportunity anytime soon.

I do think next week's version of this event will make this a bit more palatable, though.

Syrus

Banned
People who have 550 to 700 attack please dony change friend leader to a bonus character.

Elite with non bonus is more then pro with snow

People who have 550 to 700 attack please dony change friend leader to a bonus character.

Elite with non bonus is more then pro with snow

I think the reddit survey may have had its numbers polluted with people submitting bonus gear data. It says there is a 10% chance of Gigantaurs but I've done about 20 runs and never seen one. Even with my 275% bonus, that means ELT with 125% is still better. So yea, sad times...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok so I've earned 1100ish trochoids today.

1st ticket: GOLD CRYSTAL!!! IT'S A SHADOW

2nd ticket: GOLD CRYSTAL??!!! IT'S ... a Cecil? I've pulled a total of 5 Cecils now? what the actual hell? I already have Excalibur you dorks! What the hell am I supposed to with this? I mean, how lucky am I that I could get so many of a versatile unit? I already have one maxed, and used two others for this first Exaclibur ... what if I maxed the other two for the ultimate 3-Cecil Arena troll team? I'd piss so many people off!

And I bought ONE! --> 1 <-- uno metal gigantaur. ExDeath up to lvl 96 by hell or high water. 100 here I come.

Yeah, I'm about 12 in and I haven't sen any gigantaurs either.

Pejo

Ok so I've earned 1100ish trochoids today.

1st ticket: GOLD CRYSTAL!!! IT'S A SHADOW

2nd ticket: GOLD CRYSTAL??!!! IT'S ... a Cecil? I've pulled a total of 5 Cecils now? what the actual hell? I already have Excalibur you dorks! What the hell am I supposed to with this? I mean, how lucky am I that I could get so many of a versatile unit? I already have one maxed, and used two others for this first Exaclibur ... what if I maxed the other two for the ultimate 3-Cecil Arena troll team? I'd piss so many people off!

And I bought ONE! --> 1 <-- uno metal gigantaur. ExDeath up to lvl 96 by hell or high water. 100 here I come.

Yeah, I'm about 12 in and I haven't sen any gigantaurs either.

I actually have been thinking of that Cecil team too. I could go 5/5 Cecils with HP/DEF materia and Black Belts. Then get it to show some other unit as my icon like Alma. The groans would be audible if you got sent up against that team in Arena just trying to get rid of your orbs.

Man, it's evil though. While I'd probably technically lose the match, the damage to a person's psyche would be immense. Even with a great team, that would probably take 6-7 rounds to kill them all, depending on how many LB's and Curajas they get off.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I actually have been thinking of that Cecil team too. I could go 5/5 Cecils with HP/DEF materia and Black Belts. Then get it to show some other unit as my icon like Alma. The groans would be audible if you got sent up against that team in Arena just trying to get rid of your orbs.

Man, it's evil though. While I'd probably technically lose the match, the damage to a person's psyche would be immense. Even with a great team, that would probably take 6-7 rounds to kill them all, depending on how many LB's and Curajas they get off.

It they can entirely focus on offense, not really.

If you actually want to do it. Give them moves like BladeBlitz and with weapons like Shining Splender, Golem Staff, etc.

Whales

Banned

Not gonna lie, if I go up against that team I would click on the menu and give up straight awa

yesterday on the 1st round an elza osmosed my gilgamesh, he had 0mp left, I also just gave up. Didnt feel like wasting my time

I wanted to get some Snows to TM farm, so I did a multi-pull.

The crystal that came down was Blue -> Gold, yet it had a troll Rainbow in it:

Alas, despite the troll and not getting Snow, I am still super happy with the results:
Mainly because I GOT MY FIRST EVER LUDMILLE! \o/ \o/ \o/
Hayate and Roselia were new as well.

My TM team is now Zidane #2, Locke #1, Locke #2, Chizuru, Ludmille. Since I have a lvl 100 Refia, I'm tempted to use my 70% Moogles on her asap. Would it be wise to do so?

I managed to pull Bartz (two actually) and an Exdeath from the last banner too, so DW CoD, DW Bartz/DBM Exdeath, Vaan w/ Barrage, Cecil, DC Refia sounds like a fun team to work on (currently I'm running DW CoD, BCL/Kefka, Vaan w/ Barrage, Cecil, Refia).

Xion86

Yey nice one Adawg!

Haha, just playing Final Fantasy V as I can't remember playing it, but just finding it amusing when I see characters like Galuf now or any other troll characters I've had :).

Syntsui

Just noticed something. If you are a player with limited unit space and can barely manage your units, don't buy the 3k lapis pack.

You won't be able to redeem the cactuars unless you have 40 spaces lol.

It's official I've pulled 21 lani's before I ever pulled a Zidane. I have pulled multiples of every other character from those two banners since I started week 1 after soft launch and no zidanes...

Disappointed...

Syntsui

It's official I've pulled 21 lani's before I ever pulled a Zidane. I have pulled multiples of every other character from those two banners since I started week 1 after soft launch and no zidanes...

Disappointed...
I've pulled 4 Ludmilles off banner and no Zidane yet. I've been playing since September. He is harder than 5* on-banner units.

FUCK statistics.

Valentus

BLADE MASTERY 2 GET!!!! yay

60 ATK + 40% ATK. I repeat, best TM in the game if you are already geared. 2 of Xiao's Knuckle with these bad boys + Maxwell's TM + 3 of Karl's TM yield the highest atk in the game.

wrong.

Bartz: sakurafubuki + kaiser knuckle +2 champion beltz + blade mastery = madness
snow: rising sun + kaiser knuckle + 2 champion blets + atk materias = double madness
Eileen: her lance + kaiser knuckle + 2 champion beltz + materias ATK = tetra madness

Alas, despite the troll and not getting Snow, I am still super happy with the results:

My TM team is now Zidane #2, Locke #1, Locke #2, Chizuru, Ludmille. Since I have a lvl 100 Refia, I'm tempted to use my 70% Moogles on her asap. Would it be wise to do so?

I managed to pull Bartz (two actually) and an Exdeath from the last banner too, so DW CoD, DW Bartz/DBM Exdeath, Vaan w/ Barrage, Cecil, DC Refia sounds like a fun team to work on (currently I'm running DW CoD, BCL/Kefka, Vaan w/ Barrage, Cecil, Refia).

At least your rainbow wasnt a ramza.... YOUR FOURTH FUCKING RAMZA

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

I actually think you could win with a 3-4-5 Cecil squad, depending on your equip and your +1 support. I'm imagining 3 Cecils, an ExDeath, and a Refia? LLOLOLO you would be so hated and could probably win all your battles.

Did you say this earlier? If not,congrats! if so, congrats again!!

BLADE MASTERY 2 GET!!!! yay

YES!!!!!!!!!!

/not saying anything about never pulling a rainbow ever, much less being sad about 4th luneths, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom