• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't expect this event to be as horrid as advertised. Can't even get proper Gigantuars. I've read the Reddit threads and posts here ("It's trash!" and "It just gets worse from here!"), but considering we can't extrapolate JP to GL anymore, who even knows. I'm just TM farming and playing Record Keeper, which I now realize... has been fair, with minimal problems and no service interruptions, since Day One. And they even give us the Lapis equivalent for localization errors in random countries.

So, I don't know. I'm just TM farming now and not worrying about Troll Chode Gears or whatever the hell the event currency is.

chrono01

I wanted to get some Snows to TM farm, so I did a multi-pull.

The crystal that came down was Blue -> Gold, yet it had a troll Rainbow in it:

Alas, despite the troll and not getting Snow, I am still super happy with the results:

Mainly because I GOT MY FIRST EVER LUDMILLE! \o/ \o/ \o/
Hayate and Roselia were new as well.

My TM team is now Zidane #2, Locke #1, Locke #2, Chizuru, Ludmille. Since I have a lvl 100 Refia, I'm tempted to use my 70% Moogles on her asap. Would it be wise to do so?

I managed to pull Bartz (two actually) and an Exdeath from the last banner too, so DW CoD, DW Bartz/DBM Exdeath, Vaan w/ Barrage, Cecil, DC Refia sounds like a fun team to work on (currently I'm running DW CoD, BCL/Kefka, Vaan w/ Barrage, Cecil, Refia).
Congrats man!

I actually want Vanille, mainly 'cause I like her character,

Looks like he really was serious about this.
Sadly. :(

I didn't expect this event to be as horrid as advertised. Can't even get proper Gigantuars. I've read the Reddit threads and posts here ("It's trash!" and "It just gets worse from here!"), but considering we can't extrapolate JP to GL anymore, who even knows. I'm just TM farming and playing Record Keeper, which I now realize... has been fair, with minimal problems and no service interruptions, since Day One. And they even give us the Lapis equivalent for localization errors in random countries.

So, I don't know. I'm just TM farming now and not worrying about Troll Chode Gears or whatever the hell the event currency is.
What worries me is if Gumi will make things even worse for the events that were already horrible in the Japanese version. :/

Congrats man!

I actually want Vanille, mainly 'cause I like her character,

Sadly. :(

What worries me is if Gumi will make things even worse for the events that were already horrible in the Japanese version. :/

Oh i dont like her

I just see build potential with her o_O

Syntsui

According to JP players on reddit, it will get better. Not "Halloween event" better, but better. FF Zero event is supposed to be decent.

See the comments here:

https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5g69f5/differences_in_the_hanging_edge_jp_vs_gl/

But... Never underestimate Gumi capability to fuck up future events. They just turned an awful event in JPN into an absolute hell here in Global. So there is a good chance that the "better" future events will just be trash as well, because fuck you gaijins.

If things get worse, I'm out. There is no point in farming TMs and having all the hot shit, if the events are not fun.

Yeah if the events aren't fun then I might think about dropping this game. I don't mind the events being hard cause it gives a sense of challenge to the game since story mode is easy.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
-- Rain, explaining a vision about Gumi

So, maybe it'll get better. Unless they inadvertently fuck up drop rates again or mangle a standard patch that gives everyone infinite lapis.

Yeah if the events aren't fun then I might think about dropping this game. I don't mind the events being hard cause it gives a sense of challenge to the game since story mode is easy.

I love the boss fights that give gear and moogles

Love the explorations with good shit to farm

This event is OK for crystals and megacites but terrible for a king mog grinding event

Les hope they take the current feedback to heart :/

Syntsui

This event is OK for crystals and megacites but terrible for a king mog grinding event

The lack of communication with the player base on social media really upsets me and makes me think they are just clueless.

Even the communication with their support is awful. They don't fucking read your messages, I had to send 2 emails to solve my problem.

I loved the Tactics event, the Halloween event (which, I get, is probably a change of pace event -- I can imagine a Christmas one fighting, I don't know, Rubicante in a Santa hat), and the Maxwell event. Maxwell was difficult and the victory was satisfying. Similarly, I enjoyed the Giant of Babel too. I guess I just prefer the "one and done" events with awesome music from games I feel nostalgia for. Which is why Big Bridge is SS tier.

Basically, I just don't like the exploration events at all. I baked the hell out of Mogcakes, but I was also in various international airports throughout half that event, so it wasn't too bad. Even the FFBE event was passable after everyone loaded up on friend Elzas. I ended up getting all the Karma items I wanted without much hassle.

If most of the events are "pull bonus units that you don't want to grind away for rewards that unlock materia and weapons for bonus units that you don't want," that's ridiculous.

I'm in for the story, though. I actually love it.

I'd rather do another Maxwell type thing than this hellish event. In that one boy did it feel good to finally beat what seemed impossible, the whole community had to come to together to figure out how to help the non whales beat that bitch and summon diabolos. The advice I got here about putting the black belt on Cecil proved key for me to finally summon diabolos.

Veggy

The Tactics event is definitely my favourite one (due to being a huge FFT fan)

This FF13 event is absolute hot garbage, I'll probably go for 1 trust moogle and maybe stock up on 6 star mats but thats about it

Shouta

FFXIII was a super dogshit event in JP. They fixed the format later though which is why it's OK. They even added more cheap summon tickets, heh.

FF3 event in JP right now is about 14 Drops:1 EN for the second highest tier and 16:1 for the highest right now. That's not including additional drop rates from having chars in your party. However, highest tier has a boss that's immune to magic making him one that you can't auto-battle easily at all.

Shouta

Oh, looks like JPs are hating on the FF3 event for making the Ability Enhancement crystals 100,000 wind fangs. Super ridiculous shit that it's 100,000 fangs. Loto's Sword in the DQ event was 300,000 and the second half of the event gave us a Hagure Metal (high drop monster) dungeon that we could do every day.

Looks like the fuckery is happening on both sides of the ocean, lol.

Oh, looks like JPs are hating on the FF3 event for making the Ability Enhancement crystals 100,000 wind fangs. Super ridiculous shit that it's 100,000 fangs. Loto's Sword in the DQ event was 300,000 and the second half of the event gave us a Hagure Metal (high drop monster) dungeon that we could do every day.

Looks like the fuckery is happening on both sides of the ocean, lol.

Gumi will bump it up to 400,000 wind fangs

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sazh's corpse is the cutest corpse:

tzazdNR.png

I beat Antenolla!

Awesome!! Congrats. What was your team? Tell us all about it! I tried yesterday and then realized I'm not even close.

Vashetti

Banned
Awesome!! Congrats. What was your team? Tell us all about it! I tried yesterday and then realized I'm not even close.

6* Cecil
6* CoD
6* Exdeath
5* Vaan
5* Lenna

Name escapes me, but someone on here's Gilga 6* with 700+ ATK too.

Required one or two Phoenix Downs, but doable!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
6* Cecil
6* CoD
6* Exdeath
5* Vaan
5* Lenna

Name escapes me, but someone on here's Gilga 6* with 700+ ATK too.

Required one or two Phoenix Downs, but doable!

[x] 6* Cecil
[x] 6* CoD
[x] 6* Exdeath
[ ] 5* Vaan
[ ] 5* Lenna

I have close to the same team but couldn't come close. Ingus instead of Vaan, Refia instead of Lenna. And my ExDeath was only 85 when I tried, 96 now though. Assuming you have some decked out TMs? I only have Excalibur.

Grats on the Thorned Mace!

---------------------------

Living the farming dream...

5uTfW81.png

Maybe now, I can stop screwing around on side TMs and actually work on some offense for a change?

Growth egg????

Vashetti

Banned
[x] 6* Cecil
[x] 6* CoD
[x] 6* Exdeath
[ ] 5* Vaan
[ ] 5* Lenna

I have close to the same team but couldn't come close. Ingus instead of Vaan, Refia instead of Lenna. And my ExDeath was only 85 when I tried, 96 now though. Assuming you have some decked out TMs? I only have Excalibur.

Nope, no TMs at all apart from some crappy ones from friend units

Grats on the Thorned Mace!

---------------------------

Living the farming dream...

5uTfW81.png

Maybe now, I can stop screwing around on side TMs and actually work on some offense for a change?

Jealous of the double growth eggs. Just started working on my second since I'm almost done with all the tmrs that would increase my Elza's attack. Unfortunately I don't think I can break 800 attack with her without another 120 atk spear.

Muku

The lack of communication with the player base on social media really upsets me and makes me think they are just clueless.

Even the communication with their support is awful. They don't fucking read your messages, I had to send 2 emails to solve my problem.

Ain't that the truth. Holy shit. First issue I had was trying to bring a problem to light that I got screwed. They tell me something that has no relation to what the issue was. Also didn't even have any background programs running to cause the crash. But they can't read.

Second time I ask a question and they answer one that isn't mine. Because their response sounded dumb as shit versus my question.

Lyrian

Jealous of the double growth eggs. Just started working on my second since I'm almost done with all the tmrs that would increase my Elza's attack. Unfortunately I don't think I can break 800 attack with her without another 120 atk spear.

I'm looking at the exact reverse situation as you. Finished the 2nd growth egg and mulling over the most effective way to raise the ATK on my Elza next.

Muku

Kinda surprised how few banner units are on our friends list right now!

I pulled Sazh for my daily today. Will def work on him but this event blows and isn't worth it. I feel like Luneth is worth more should folks decide not to work on this crap this week, at least they can use him for other things.

I pulled Sazh for my daily today. Will def work on him but this event blows and isn't worth it. I feel like Luneth is worth more should folks decide not to work on this crap this week, at least they can use him for other things.

hey im glad there aren't a bunch of banner units on my FL, whale friends making the fights easy are the only reason I'm going for the tickets(except the 6000 ones)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Fair, totally fair.

So random question. What is the cutoff for "dolphin" and "whale"?

The funny thing is that when we talk about whales, we're talking about people up in the $500-$1000+ range, but when we talk about dolphins, we're talking about people in the $30-$50 range. There's no real cutoff. There's no dollar amount where on one side you're not a whale and on the other you are.

All that said I figure if you cross $100 for this game you're one bad day from going all in.

hey im glad there aren't a bunch of banner units on my FL, whale friends making the fights easy are the only reason I'm going for the tickets(except the 6000 ones)

Wouldn't banner units make getting those tickets easier?

hitmon

Daily pulled a 4* Anzelm.. For those who are sharing units, thanks for keeping your best units shared. Since my team can't easily carry in ELT, I'm just going to do without the bonuses.

Do you guys think the event Talisman is worth getting?

hitmon

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but Hex Strike with BCL has made the grind a little easier on ELT. From what I've experienced so far, the behemoth can be paralyzed 30-50% of the time and the Myrmidon paralyzed 100% of the time.

Muku

I bought a few more friends slots since it seems like we have a few more joining us recently. That and I again had only 1 slot.
No, I still won't remove Chilly.

Am curious about Darjuk though. 9d ago was last played. Few more days and I may remove.
Chilly is the exception. I'd beg for you to come back now, but maybe it's best if you don't right now.

My # is: 936,875,612

Syntsui

You are a whale when you make YouTube videos of your pulls and you don't stop until you get that 5*.

You are a dolphin when you try to get specific units, but can't afford to keep spending money when you don't get them after 50 pulls.

I was weak. I said I wouldn't do any pulls this event and couldn't even go a day without doing the daily.

But, as it turns out, I got a gold Snow. He's the only unit of any value to me this banner, so I'm really done this time. I'll share him with everyone and will try and level him somewhat so he's not entirely deadweight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom