• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Gonna give it another try. I realized that one of the reasons my WoL was having problems is because the -50% Wind debuff he gets with the stone esper (name escapes me at the moment). That wind damage would pretty much do him in. I forgot to put on Baraeroa on Cloud, so I had to use her own which is still -20% and that wasn't helping. This time I replaced Exdeath with Cecil and I'm gonna give it another shot. Using Valentus' Gilgamesh and seems to be smooth sailing so far. Maybe with these changes I can hold up better this time.

I think if I get this trust moogle, I'll get dual wield to give to Cloud since I'll have 9 of them. Should get one more from arena awards, too.

Cloud? He's not out bro..

If anyone wants to know how much lapis it costs to max out 5 TMs from 0 to 100% using the super fast TM farming macro, you can use this formula:

Code:
E = Your max NRG
T = Time in seconds to complete one loop of the macro

3,333.33 x (300 - T)
Lapis = --------------------
                  E

Time = 0.1157 x T  days

Example:
55 NRG, 40 second clears: 15,757 lapis and 4.62 days.
90 NRG, 35 second clears: 9,814 lapis and 4.04 days.
120 NRG, 35 second clears: 7,361 lapis and 4.04 days.

That's......... a lot of lapis. Holy mackerel.

Interesting math, though. I'll stick with the much, much, much slower (but much cheaper) method of farming for now.

Syntsui

If anyone wants to know how much lapis it costs to max out 5 TMs from 0 to 100% using the super fast TM farming macro, you can use this formula:

Code:
E = Your max NRG
T = Time in seconds to complete one loop of the macro

3,333.33 x (300 - T)
Lapis = --------------------
                  E

Time = 0.1157 x T  days

Example:
55 NRG, 40 second clears: 15,757 lapis and 4.62 days.
90 NRG, 35 second clears: 9,814 lapis and 4.04 days.
120 NRG, 35 second clears: 7,361 lapis and 4.04 days.
Thanks, I'm doing this right now and its definitely making me poorer by the hour lol.

Folstern

Interesting math, though. I'll stick with the much, much, much slower (but much cheaper) method of farming for now.
5 devastating and useful TMs or a variety pack of Rydia, Penelo, Cyan, Clyne and Russell. Honestly though, neither seem like they're worth the equivalent in real world currency.

EDarkness

Woot! Beat it. Cecil and Baraerora made all the difference. Was able to keep WoL alive which means he and Cecil were doing double duty protecting everyone else. Would have been nice to have Exdeath, but I think Maxwell held up well and her healing herself every round helped as well. Pretty awesome. Closer to dual wield.

Next, i want to take on the plant boss for the mace. Any tips for that fight? I heard that using the AoE method is the fastest.

Cloud? He's not out bro..

Heh, I always call CoD Cloud. Otherwise she's called Call of Duty. When we get Cloud, I'll adjust my naming. Heh, heh.

Rixa

5 devastating and useful TMs or a variety pack of Rydia, Penelo, Cyan, Clyne and Russell. Honestly though, neither seem like they're worth the equivalent in real world currency.

FRep for me takes about 90 seconds per run. I cant tweak it to faster, cause I use it on mobile connection and in wlan network. Thus I "burn" 100-300 Lapis per day to TM farming and getting around 4-5% TM per day.

Compared to manual handling of Earth Shrine thats about 100% faster. 0-100% From 44 days to around 22 days.

Next, i want to take on the plant boss for the mace. Any tips for that fight? I heard that using the AoE method is the fastest.

This fight kicked my butt, even with a killer friend unit. That being said, AoE is definitely the way to go. I fought that plant at least 6-7 times with the strategy of attacking one of the branches at a time, but failed miserably each time. So I said screw it and instead comletely focused on AoE and beat it on my first try (albeit barely).

Make sure you bring lots of downs, elixirs, and ethers since the plant will often rob your characters of all MP. I also found CoD's aura ball spell to be extremely useful, oftentimes putting silent/blind on the different branches. Good luck!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Dammit it's a 3x colosseum day :(

2. just ran into a 3x lightning / refia / cecil squad in the arena and lost 1st shot. Had owned ('owned' meaning won in 10 rounds) every other squad i've seen since the arena started. feeling sad here.

Lyrian

If one cant clear PRO nor ELT. This event will be really bad. Cause you lose 14 days of Daily Quest Lapis 50.

Can't PRO be outright carried? Pretty sure Reddit is strategizing full teams of Sazhs and company with an strong friend unit to carry them all on PRO, Maranda style, as the optimum course of action right now to maximize gears.

That's why I'm stopping for now on the lapis spend after obtaining the second growth egg. The lapis drain to push a TM to completion faster is very, very real.

Also, it is fairly certain at this point outside of some unknown generosity from Gumi, that December is going to be a very dry month for lapis from the login calendar. Likely, Gumi wants to drain out all that free lapis from story missions before going back to giving out routine daily lapis outside of the normal 90 or 95 (lololol this event).

Rixa

Can't PRO be outright carried? Pretty sure Reddit is strategizing full teams of Sazhs and company with an strong friend unit to carry them all on PRO, Maranda style, as the optimum course of action right now to maximize gears.

Fairly sure it can be carried easily. But if one is Average Joe player that has 30 or less friends and they Average Joes too :p. Oh well its Average Joes problem to run easier difficulties so many times that 200 per day comes.

EDarkness

Fairly sure it can be carried easily. But if one is Average Joe player that has 30 or less friends and they Average Joes too :p. Oh well its Average Joes problem to run easier difficulties so many times that 200 per day comes.

I only have one Sazh, but I want to build one up just so I can have a black dude in my group. Gonna try to get the weapon for him from the event and all that. Heh, would be cool to do something useful with him. I guess we'll see. Gonna run PRO with him after I get him a few levels with these cactaur I got from the daily store deals. Can pretty much smash PRO, but ELT takes at least a great friend for me. Lightning and my group of merry men (and women) makes it too easy. Heh, no middle ground there.

Lyrian

ADV isn't that hard at all with pretty much anyone that's above 3* max? Yes, it might take a whole bunch of runs to add up to 200 gears because of crap gear drops without bonus units. But, it's also knocking out the vortex requirement as well.

Besides, isn't that just training people to farm just like we are on PRO/ELT for the 100 cactaurs?

Not that hard at all, just longer.

Xion86

Damn, congratulations on those lucky pulls!

You guys are really making me want to try at an 11 pull, but resisting...must stick to dailies.

Can't PRO be outright carried? Pretty sure Reddit is strategizing full teams of Sazhs and company with an strong friend unit to carry them all on PRO, Maranda style, as the optimum course of action right now to maximize gears..

I was doing this for a while, but now that my Gilg is strong enough ELT is definitely better. For ELT i can clear with 225% (Vanille, Sazhx3, Gilg), for PRO 275% (replace Gilg with Sazh)

My Gilg plus 1 strong friend is enough to 1 shot everything but the boss.

In hindsight I wish I hadn't fused 2 extra Vanilles for TM, could be getting 275% on ELT

Rixa

ADV isn't that hard at all with pretty much anyone that's above 3* max? Yes, it might take a whole bunch of runs to add up to 200 gears because of crap gear drops without bonus units. But, it's also knocking out the vortex requirement as well.

Besides, isn't that just training people to farm just like we are on PRO/ELT for the 100 cactaurs?

Not that hard at all, just longer.

Youre right :). Learn to play :D

Folstern

FRep for me takes about 90 seconds per run. I cant tweak it to faster, cause I use it on mobile connection and in wlan network. Thus I "burn" 100-300 Lapis per day to TM farming and getting around 4-5% TM per day.

Compared to manual handling of Earth Shrine thats about 100% faster. 0-100% From 44 days to around 22 days.
Manual farming is dedication. If only there was a way for Gumi to tell the difference and hand out dedication awards.

Lyrian

Youre right :). Learn to play :D

On that note, where are Sacred Crystals dropping in this event? Ran it over a dozen times now and still haven't seen a single one drop yet.

An another, another note, grats to Exvius-GAF for passing the FFRK community in thread length in a far shorter length of time that their respective games have been out. We'll be on OT3 well before they do at this rate. :)

On that note, where are Sacred Crystals dropping in this event? Ran it over a dozen times now and still haven't seen a single one drop yet.

An another, another note, grats to Exvius-GAF for passing the FFRK community in thread length in a far shorter length of time that their respective games have been out. We'll be on OT3 well before they do at this rate. :)

I've gotten them on pro from boss, elt from boss and non boss

Xion86

We have quite a nice, friendly community and hope it continues to stay that way! :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Saw my first Cactuar in ELT!

2. Bought a ticket!

3. I got another Locke! So serious question everyone: Should I (eventually) farm a 2nd Rising Sun for my delightfully evil Cloud of Darkness or should I just go for the extra 5% right now? My first is at 56%, so I still have time to farm side-by-side if I take out the dualcast...

robotuw

Did people forget to pick up Carbuncle? I know I did, and I haven't seen a single person on my friends list using it. Not a bad time to finally do it since we all seem to be ignoring the event anyway.

EDarkness

Did people forget to pick up Carbuncle? I know I did, and I haven't seen a single person on my friends list using it. Not a bad time to finally do it since we all seem to be ignoring the event anyway.

I've been meaning to pick him up, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe sometime today. No rush since he doesn't seem to be all that cool. I REALLY want a new damage dealing esper. All these casters is not cool. Heh, heh.

leehom

I still have many slots left (Nomidor), i dont give a fuck about OP friends, ExviusGAF is getting more stronger.

I someone active here still havent added me, post your friend number to add.

736 260 917 rccola

Btw, PSX - TLOU!!!! My favorite multiplayer in awhile, can't wait to play through SP and MP on part II!!!!!

c-murph

Weekly TM Update No.3:

veq8kwy.png

Doing good. Seem to be averaging 20%-ish a week for Zidane. Should have them finished in like another two weeks.

CBZshjv.png

Switch In Edgar for the weekend so I can get a Machine Killer to help my FFXIII team for Farming for Moogles.

Syntsui

Weekly TM Update No.3:

Doing good. Seem to be averaging 20%-ish a week for Zidane. Should have them finished in like another two weeks.

Switch In Edgar for the weekend so I can get a Machine Killer to help my FFXIII team for Farming for Moogles.
Scary.

Xion86

Weekly TM Update No.3:

Nice one! How much lapis are you spending per week on your TM farming?

I thought that if a tank uses an attack that they won't cover others. However, twice now I was doing Colosseum and Cecil jumped in front of Refia to cover her after using Barrage to attack. o_O

Same! 344,017,137.
This user has reached their friend capacity.

On that note: 176, 560, 599 if anyone wants to add me. Normally I share my Cecil or DW CoD, but I have an underleveled 5* Vanille up atm for bonus %.

c-murph

Nice one! How much lapis are you spending per week on your TM farming?

Lately, 2-3 refreshes a day and one at night when I go to bed. My intial Stamina is used for daily rewards. The stamina gained is set for farming or doing a couple more vortex runs for Bartz. Then I refresh throughout the day. Could probably do more refreshes but it's just that class, gym and other things get in the way too and I sometimes actually have to use my phone as a phone.

With Lightning and the DWs I can have a full DW'ing team soon.

Xion86

Lately, 2-3 refreshes a day and one at night when I go to bed. My intial Stamina is used for daily rewards. The stamina gained is set for farming or doing a couple more vortex runs for Bartz. Then I refresh throughout the day. Could probably do more refreshes but it's just that class, gym and other things get in the way too and I sometimes actually have to use my phone as a phone.

With Lightning and the DWs I can have a full DW'ing team soon.

Interesting :). I'm usually quite busy at work so will do story rewards or event runs when I get a chance, but I TM farm each night at the moment using Auto. Not set anything up to do any refreshes though although I wouldn't mind 2-3 refreshes a day.

Muku

I have it but not really all that excited about it. Only had enough to get it to low 20s 1*, so I don't even have it on my healer yet. One day I'll farm magecite

I thought that if a tank uses an attack that they won't cover others. However, twice now I was doing Colosseum and Cecil jumped in front of Refia to cover her after using Barrage to attack. o_O

I think it was determined that was just a visual bug and tanks would still take the damage despite not visually moving in front of the unit it was protecting after certain actions. It was fixed around the arena release iirc.

Alkez

Btw, PSX - TLOU!!!! My favorite multiplayer in awhile, can't wait to play through SP and MP on part II!!!!!

I read this and was like "What's TLOU?" lol. I'm so glad I didn't clock cause it took me by complete surprise when I watched the stream.

Iceman829

I got pretty lucky with banner units, Snow yesterday and Vanilla ice cream today. If people here need more friends with banner units I'm willing to share my Snow with you. He's like 6* lvl 70 something. I'm working on trying to craft the h2h weapon right now so I won't finish leveling him until after that is done.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Need some advice on who to level next since my ExDeath is hovering at 98 while I tentatively farm Hanging Edge.

My main squad:
[ ] CoD (100) -- rising sun, dual wield both cooking
[ ] ExDeath (98) -- max +30% x2 both cooking
[ ] Kefka (80) -- dualcast cooking
[ ] Refia (100) -- lordly robe sandbagged into next TM rotation
[ ] Cecil (100) -- Excalibur (completed)

My short list:
[ ] ExDeath (x2) -- This seems like the most obvious bet and I could park my DualCast farming for a bit...
[ ] Cecil (x2)
[ ] Black Cat Lid (x2) -- Closest thing to a DPS I have on my roster but seems like a waste of time
[ ] Vaan -- my newest, best pull and could replace Ingus, esp w. coming 6*?

I dunno, I could make an argument for any of the above. Trying to think long term and thinking I could do worse than have an extra maxed out ExDeath. Thoughts anyone?

I could've sworn Barrage was a forbidden ability in Arena this week yet I got hit it by a Lightning just now. Is there any other Barrage like ability that gives the 4 hits but is allowed?

Andvary

20+ pulls trying to get exdeath and no luck, I have 6 faris and a 2nd Bartz now >.<

Is he worth a 10+1 pull? I have Arc and kefka.

Rokuren

I think it was determined that was just a visual bug and tanks would still take the damage despite not visually moving in front of the unit it was protecting after certain actions. It was fixed around the arena release iirc.

Think this was it, I'm pretty sure I've seen Cecil defend against counter attacks on my turn where I had him attack.

I could've sworn Barrage was a forbidden ability in Arena this week yet I got hit it by a Lightning just now. Is there any other Barrage like ability that gives the 4 hits but is allowed?

Dual Wield plus Twin Lance gave a mini-barrage effect

Zalasta

Decided to use tickets since I could really use another bonus boost in this slow grind. Fran and Firion, immediately got buyer's remorse >.>

Muku

No Gigantuars today, man this event is so depressing.

:(

I got lucky yesterday. Ran each thing once and finished them all. Noticed I was 8 gear short of daily.
Might be the only day I do with exception of one so I can get back to 0 on end.
I wasn't running with my sazh but took him for that one more run of Pro to finish it. Round 2 I am greeted by a bigass Gigantaur. Was cool to know they at least exist but I'm sure that will be only time I see one. Well, that and fact I think I am skipping this shitfest dumpster fire of an event. There seem to be no redeeming qualities about it.

Only way I might jump in is if I get an amazing unit. Then will get Cactaur. But is it better to just do EXP ADV? Might get low end tickets with gears I've gotten already.

chrono01

Fuck it. Time to use 11 tickets.
1st. Anzelm :-(
2nd: Faris :-(
3rd: lennah :-(
4th: Gilbert :-(
5th: cyan :-(
6th: tellah :-(
7th: golbez:-(
8th: ingus :-(
9th: ingus :-(
10th: garland :-(
11th: sazh New :)
:(

Alt daily Snow. Alt is trying to get Bartz & Exdeath (have 0). Thus used 2 tix in that banner.
Cyan & Kefka...
Didn't you get Snow via a daily on your main, too? I NEED SOME OF THAT LUCK!

Congrats to you.

Daily was a Gold Vanille :) set her as leader if anyone is still actually doing the event.
Nice. I want Vanille. :(

Daily was a blue crystal, turning to gold..Snow.

Done for this banner :)
Congrats man!

OK, I tried to be as rational as possible. My daily pull was trash and if I don't get Snow soon, he will be worthless because next week Gumi will probably deactivate his bonus.

I want 2 Snows because of the TM, but I need to grind this event at least for the tickets and cactuars. So against my better judgment I decided to do an 11 pull.... Here is the result:

NqmQf1k.jpg

To be honest this is one of the best possible pulls without a rainbow I have ever had lol.

To be clear, no money was spent (I spent a lot on black Friday bundle) and no money will be spent until I see the events will get better.
You wanted two Snow, you got two Snow (in addition to a few other great units). Nicely done!

Got all jello and wanted Snow. Did a yolo 11-pull:

Was not disappoint...

OyDFAoF.png

rAMnVOB.png

Now I have a full FFXIII team to run the event! Add on the two Sazh I already have from dailies.
Holy hell, stop tempting me to spend the few Lapis/tickets that I have!

(Also, congrats.)

HOLY SHIT!!! Daily pull Yellow. I thought oh screw this what troll today. But instead got my first Chizuru!!! OMG! So happy!!!
Chizuru is life. \o/

Decided to use tickets since I could really use another bonus boost in this slow grind. Fran and Firion, immediately got buyer's remorse >.>
If you didn't already have Firion, he's a great pull (well, eventually great, once he gets his enhancements).

Syrus

Banned
Weekly TM Update No.3:

veq8kwy.png

CBZshjv.png

Are u manually farming or macro

Weekly TM Update No.3:

veq8kwy.png

CBZshjv.png

I'm sorry, I seem to have lost a Zidane or two and you seem to have found them for. I'll be taking them back now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom