• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

honestly zera, i would give you 2 zidanes if i could.

I mean look at this shit

fuckzidaneias8e.png

And i already have 2 dual weilds (and got with 3 zidanes)

I DONT WANT MORE OF THOSE FUCKERS.

Whales

Banned

I mean look at this shit

im honestly salty abt all these mediuses

I want 2 for the golden eggs plz

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to run some numbers for the complainers :p

If you can run elite with one friend unit(Snow or Vanille), Avg is about 182 Gears per run at 13NRG.

If you have units to level, for ease, we'll include the first 300 and assume a single cactur will balance it out to 200 for the first cost.

So you're getting 2 GigaCacturs per run at 13 NRG. Compared to Adv, this is 100% more Exp per run for 2 NRG less. The best Explorations take 20-30 minutes and cost 10 NRG and will be more difficult(Aquatic Cove), Cost is 12 NRG. And a full clear nets you 65k.

On Avg, you also attain one Megacite per run and it seems like a 2 or 3 SC crystals a day for a full worth of runs.

So to acquire all the cacturs, you need 50 runs(Daily NRG recharge gets you 23runs), which will take slightly over two days worth of running the event.

This should net you on the side
-50 Megacities
- 5 Sacred and Holy Crystals.
On top of the Cactur.

If you want the comparison, you need to run Aquatic Cove 46 times to get that amount of Exp. 20 minutes of play per run, that is slightly over 15 hours of play. Only 5 runs less than what it takes to farm this event.
If you can do Aquatic Cove(Which is a bit more difficult to friend solo), you will save a net of 200 NRG(So about 2/3 of a day)

If you want Adv Vortex, that is 100 runs or 1500 NRG, this will require an additional 850 NRG, or close to three days of Energy more going this route.

Syntsui

Decided to run some numbers for the complainers :p

If you can run elite with one friend unit(Snow or Vanille), Avg is about 182 Gears per run at 13NRG.

If you have units to level, for ease, we'll include the first 300 and assume a single cactur will balance it out to 200 for the first cost.

So you're getting 2 GigaCacturs per run at 13 NRG. Compared to Adv, this is 100% more Exp per run for 2 NRG less. The best Explorations take 20-30 minutes and cost 10 NRG and will be more difficult(Aquatic Cove), Cost is 12 NRG. And a full clear nets you 65k.

On Avg, you also attain one Megacite per run and it seems like a 2 or 3 SC crystals a day for a full worth of runs.

So to acquire all the cacturs, you need 50 runs(Daily NRG recharge gets you 23runs), which will take slightly over two days worth of running the event.

This should net you on the side
-50 Megacities
- 5 Sacred and Holy Crystals.
On top of the Cactur.
Tell us the numbers to get both Trust Moogles now :^)

I mean look at this shit

HAHA if only we could trade, I'd settle for a once a month unit trade, that would be better for all who play and would entice more people to pick up the game. Joking aside one more Zidane would be ideal. I have one and his TM, Gilga's TM is at 20% since I picked him up on Thursday so he's getting there. A 3rd DW wouldn't hurt for the future. Orlandu will get Genji Glove, Elza will stay with Zidane's DW, and Lightning has inherit DW.

Also is completely OT news........The Last Of Us Part 2 is officially announced by Naughty Dog!!!!!!!!!!!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tell us the numbers to get both Trust Moogles now :^)

We've know the trust moogles haven't been worth it for any event. Why would that change?

NRG cost even for the best event(Halloween) was something like 8-9% TM Farm lost for the cheap one(The best gain to date was something like 1-2% off NRG TM farming). Close to 16-20% for the Expensive one.

The Trust Moogle is solely for that instant gain when you pull a primo one.

Syntsui

We've know the trust moogles haven't been worth it for any event. Why would that change?
They were always attainable. The BF one specially was extremely easy to get.

This one looks theoretically impossible, it would be fun to see that translated to numbers at least.

Syrus

Banned

NRG cost even for the best event(Halloween) was something like 8-9% TM Farm lost for the cheap one(The best gain to date was something like 1-2% off NRG TM farming). Close to 16-20% for the Expensive one.

The Trust Moogle is solely for that instant gain when you pull a primo one.

I got both Karma and Candy Corn moogles. Was F2P at the time and relied on good allies lol.

I doubt i can get one this time

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They were always attainable. The BF one specially was extremely easy to get.

This one looks theoretically impossible, it would be fun to see that translated to numbers at least.

Even without any bonus units, you will net 34kish Gears, no Cacturs, no gears from Quests. Just running elite.

So no, you can still acquire it. But the actual Energy costs for TM moogles have never been worth it, even for the best event(Halloween). The gain was something like between a % or 2 for the cheap one

Xion86

Okay I've just CLEARED all areas in both Grandshelt and Dirnado!! :D Time to move onto Olderion and start both parts of the new story whilst getting the rewards.

God, this current batch of tm farming is annoying as hell. Doing singles is atrocious! Elza, Maxwell, Gilga, Karl(I have another but I need 2 of these), Kain (Just need 1 Gungnir so I fused them all into one unit. Bad move!)

Zalasta

Oh man, I finally encountered a gigantaur for the first time, and it turned out I was using the wrong party, so I couldn't kill it, lol

Alkez

But the actual Energy costs for TM moogles have never been worth it, even for the best event(Halloween). The gain was something like between a % or 2 for the cheap one

I wouldn't say it's never been worth it. Yeah you usually lose some % but moogles imo are more a long term investment. Some characters, like Tidus and Eileen, practically rely on their tms to reach their potential, so having 100% worth of moogles is nice to have.

Equally if you haven't drawn one of the powerhouse tms yet (like dual wield) you don't want to have to wait a month for that tm when/if you finally summon that unit. I don't feel like we've been at a point where dual wield was required so we had time to grind it out, but we're starting to enter that meta, if we're not already there yet, so for me at least it's worth sacrificing some % on my current tm units for my potential future units.

However for the most part I am comfortably clearing content so I have the luxury to make that sacrifice for units I may never end up drawing.

Whales

Banned
with the arene moogle my chizuru is at around 92% now

cmon baby, just get 8 more percents I beg of you, then I can stop spending lapis on TM farming forever

CCIE

Banned
Pulling one of my TM's for Ludmille to quickly attain DC. Should take just a few days, since I now have 8 Trust Moogles, and still no Zidane in sight.

leehom

What is up with this game. Watching this stream of someone who started a new account today. I think they pulled about 25x in a few hours and in day one already have Cecil, 2 Exdeath and 2 rainbows.

I've been playing since launch and over hundreds of rolls to get 2 rainbows and 1 Exdeath, no Cecils....wt fudge.

Alkez

Monthly Arena rewards!!

I started Arena last Saturday and was battling until the last minute to try sneak into the top 90k. I knew I was close but I went to look at the leaderboard as it changed to midnight (GMT) so I wasn't sure if I had made it.

I had!! 10% Trust Moogle get!!

Valentus

Why anybody takes in consideration that geting a moogle is a "bank saving" for future units?

Its true that getting a moogle is a waste of time comparing with TMing your actual units right now.

But you know, orlandu (with the godlike lightning scroll that could make Elza or demon Rain totally deadly), Eileen (the most powerful spear of the game) or tidus (the most powerful sword until LOLnion knight) are not available, and to make those calculations, YOU MUST POSSESS THE UNITS TO FARMING THEM.

So getting a moogle is a instant 10% to a future unit. Look at farming to get a moogle is like you already starting farming a orlandu or a eileen or a tidus, without even getting them yet.

I hope you take this in consideration, because moogles are very rare and you are missing a chance to build a instant tm get for future broken TMs.

c-murph

Why anybody takes in consideration that geting a moogle is a "bank saving" for future units?

Its true that getting a moogle is a waste of time comparing with TMing your actual units right now.

But you know, orlandu (with the godlike lightning scroll that could make Elza or demon Rain totally deadly), Eileen (the most powerful spear of the game) or tidus (the most powerful sword until LOLnion knight) are not available, and to make those calculations, YOU MUST POSSESS THE UNITS TO FARMING THEM.

So getting a moogle is a instant 10% to a future unit. Look at farming to get a moogle is like you already starting farming a orlandu or a eileen or a tidus, without even getting them yet.

I hope you take this in consideration, because moogles are very rare and you are missing a chance to build a instant tm get for future broken TMs.

But Medius...!! He's at 90% now!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Well, picking it apart.

1. First is you stated, " It wasn't hard to get 400% bonus if you did a few 11 pulls, and at that point you are at least an order of magnitude better than farming Earth Shrine"

A few 11 pulls instantly means you're not F2P. I believe the same applies to Val and Zera. I acknowledged it in the original and said, the purpose of the Moogle is for that instant boost when you get one of those Godly TMs.

But a F2P can not take that into consideration, largely because there is a good chance they'll never see Orlandu, Eileen, or Tidus. Even Zid seems is fairly rare.

2. Taking a look at your math, you said 450 per run. The average on Elite was 200 (High 216, low 180). An Elza friend gets you 400, an additional Elza or another will net you 600/550 per run.

Taking into that account for the 30k Moogle.
W/ 2 Elzas, It would take 50 runs. 50 Runs at 13 NRG is 650 NRG total.
W/ an Elza friend and Normal BF unit, it's 55 runs, for 715 NRG

Now that is for a single Trust Moogle.

If you're looking into the perspective of just one unit, You have a 3.5% gain getting the Trust Moogle.
650 ENG is 650 runs on ES. = 6.5% TM Increase,

But your opportunity cost is 32.5% across 5 units. To gain 10% on one unit, you lose 26% on the other 4. While gaining 3.5% to the one.

Hence why it is a poor investment, the opportunity costs kill it.

3. I would also argue for a F2P, they seem to give out 10-20% a month anyways. Between Dailies Login and Arena. I'll be landing another 20% this month, bringing my count up to 60% of Trust saved, just incase I pull that godly TM. And this was at no additional costs to myself. All I do is Log in and play Arena.

Which I feel makes getting the Moogle up even more redundant. I'll have anywhere from 60 to 80% worth in Trust Moogles by the time Orlandu comes out anyways.

Syntsui

I agree with King and Valentus and as of now, every Moogle King was worth it.

This is the first event since I've started playing that getting even a single Moogle is straight up not viable as long as you want to get Cactuars or tickets.

Valentus

It is that hard to get orlandu, tidus, eileen?

Because just here the amount of gilgamesh and Elzas dropped makes me think that everybody here can at least have a really good shot of getting one of them.

The amount of top units here in rates up is very high, for units that have 1% chance of dropping.

Well, picking it apart.

1. First is you stated, " It wasn't hard to get 400% bonus if you did a few 11 pulls, and at that point you are at least an order of magnitude better than farming Earth Shrine"

A few 11 pulls instantly means you're not F2P.
True but I showed the break even point for that event was ~72% and you don't need to pull even once for that, as you could get it with friend units.

2. Taking a look at your math, you said 450 per run. The average on Elite was 200 (High 216, low 180). An Elza friend gets you 400, an additional Elza or another will net you 600/550 per run.
. That doesn't take into account metal gods. Although rare, the karma was so high it had a very big impact on the average.

Because just here the amount of gilgamesh and Elzas dropped makes me think that everybody here can at least have a really good shot of getting one of them.

The amount of top units here in rates up is very high, for units that have 1% chance of dropping.

We have a lot of whales, lol

Can you or anyone else who plays JP give detail as to what Orlandu's TM is? Google Translate isn't really doing too well. Going forward I will be stacking TM's once I'm done with Genji Glove and Power of Creation. I'm all for prepping for future units but there are a very select few that need attention right now.

with the arene moogle my chizuru is at around 92% now

cmon baby, just get 8 more percents I beg of you, then I can stop spending lapis on TM farming forever

You say that now.....lol. I used to think that like. Pre grats on the Blade Mastery though, if you have Saku and something like DB or Excal you can turn a DW unit into a monster.

Whales

Banned
You say that now.....lol. I used to think that like. Pre grats on the Blade Mastery though, if you have Saku and something like DB or Excal you can turn a DW unit into a monster.

thanks dude

I got an excal at 76% too, once chizuru finishes I might just throw another cecil in there to fuse and get it faster. i got like 5 cecils anyways

and my sakurafubuki and Power of creation is at around 30%, still a long way to go :( but im gonna hold off using lapis refills, I feel bad about spending that much lapis since I only have 56 NRG... it would be much more efficient at a higher rank so im gonna rank up first

Lyrian

But Medius...!! He's at 90% now!

One moogle or 10% to go!

I'm personally liking the 2x permanent xp, to be honest. 125-130k xp per exploration = win. Feels good to know that I am maximizing exploration/ADV vortex (in worst case scenario) XP per energy spent.

Good riddance to the sunk cost though. Glad units can't equip 3 eggs to tempt me on that again.

Pulling one of my TM's for Ludmille to quickly attain DC. Should take just a few days, since I now have 8 Trust Moogles, and still no Zidane in sight.

Ditto here. Also dumping everything I have moving forward into my lone Zidane.

Well, picking it apart.

But your opportunity cost is 32.5% across 5 units. To gain 10% on one unit, you lose 26% on the other 4. While gaining 3.5% to the one.

Hence why it is a poor investment, the opportunity costs kill it.

Ahh the good friend, opportunity cost.

You are correct, although you are slightly oversimplifying the situation. You are overlooking the value generated by gaining control over the application of 10% TM to a unit. The ability to do so tends to be priced highly in gacha games.

In addition, there is the incidental value of the extra drops, such as megacites and sacred crystals from the event. Their value is subjective to the individual user (i.e., if someone needs to level an esper, than magicites have value. If they are all maxed, then magicites have zero value).

The question then becomes how much is it worth to gain control over the application of the 10% TM? That's a highly subjective assessment from person to person.

Heavy macroers are going to value that control poorly, while light/no macroers are going to value this at a higher rate. In that case, the second group may consider this incidental value sufficient to warrant the 30k moogle, whereas the first group will just brute force the 10% via macros.

Regardless, I don't think anyone can create a remotely valid case for the 70k moogle at all in this event, even at 400% bonus.

Veggy

As a F2P player I probably did about 25-30 pulls before getting Elza from a random "no more pulls after this" ticket

Gilg/Lightning I did about 20+ pulls each with no luck

I've been playing pretty much every day since global release and I still don't have a freakin Zidane

I think I just got super mega lucky for Elza, I don't expect the same for Orlandu, if he doesn't drop after 30 pulls from what I earned in game by then....I'm probably gonna have to consider putting some money down

Switched from 642 Lightning to 604 Elza. Let me know if you find her more useful due to the 50% debuff. I've no problem switching back to Lightning but I'd like to see what you guys think. Elza will be at 640 hopefully once her TM is complete. It's almost 50% right now.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
True but I showed the break even point for that event was ~72% and you don't need to pull even once for that, as you could get it with friend units.

That doesn't take into account metal gods. Although rare, the karma was so high it had a very big impact on the average.

It's 72% on the high end, if you are averaging 216 per run. Low end is 78(180), Average is 75%. With a sole friend Elza.

As I said, it's faulty since it completely ignores all opportunity costs to the equation.

If you want to add in the Metal Gods, it would drastically reduce sure it. But when are you going to get them? Are you going to get them? This applies exactly to the great TMs down the line. I had 2 in my first 50 runs. Some people were sitting at 20+ by the time they hit 100 runs, others were around 5.

For the current event, I'm at 43 runs and I've ran into one Cactur. That is 2.3%, in comparison to the said 6%. Someone else in here had something like 7 I believe in just the first day.

It is just my personal opinion, but I believe it is far better to average out the low end than the high end of statistics.

Right now I'm sitting at a rainbow since launch.(Lucky it was Luneth)

I can't recall all my pulls, but I'm around.
50+ pulls on the Lightning Banner(20+ Tickets, Dailies, and 2 10+1, with change)
18 pulls on Lightning(16 tickets, plus a daily or two)
I think around 30 on the Elza banner(13 Tickets, Dailies, and a 10+1 pull)
Giglamesh(Dailies, 3 tickets, and a 10+1)

Just taking those, around 120. So I'm under the 1% currently, not including everything else I missed and everything else outside those banners.

I'm typically below the Avg for most of the event spawns too.
16 Metal Gods out of 125 Runs(13%)
1 Metal Cact out of 43 Runs(2.3%)

That is of course taking into account the quick napkin Probability rather than actual. Since the 1% chance of appear doesn't mean one you'll get one out of a 100 pulls, but rather every single pull has a 1% chance.

I believe I made the argument a long time ago, but I think in moderate size upgrades rather than large burst for this very reason.

Whales

Banned
im gonna save up tickets until orlandu, blow them all off and hope that I get him. I dont want to spend anymore $ on the game and I wanna keep all of my lapis for tidus :x

Valentus

Can you or anyone else who plays JP give detail as to what Orlandu's TM is? Google Translate isn't really doing too well. Going forward I will be stacking TM's once I'm done with Genji Glove and Power of Creation. I'm all for prepping for future units but there are a very select few that need attention right now.

Raijin Scroll (lightning scroll?)

Accesory

+3 ATK

The user has available 3 skills:

-190% ST 1 hit attack. -30% all elements resistance (20 MP)
-2 hits, first hit 160% AoE physical, second hit 190% AoE magical (20 MP)
-250% 1 hit physical attack. Ignore 25% Def. (60 MP)

any of those 3 skills demon rain crys for badly (and with raijin scroll you have access to all three)

Syntsui

im gonna save up tickets until orlandu, blow them all off and hope that I get him. I dont want to spend anymore $ on the game and I wanna keep all of my lapis for tidus :x
This is going to be hard because you will have to completely ignore Majin Fina and Orlandu x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom