• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

I finally had my second Gigantuar show up (I've defeated the warmech 62 times). I decided to just save up all the event material I can gather and make my purchasing decisions based on what I earned at the end of the event. On the arena front I've been able to work my way up to the 300-400 range by just playing all the free orbs plus I leveled up yesterday. I've gotten Snow up to 77 6*, but I can't decide if I want to finish leveling him and swap him in for WoL on my arena team yet.

Valentus

My arena team right now:

Gilgamesh: The same you see as my friend unit

Luneth: Enhacer - Sakura - Black cowl - brave suit - hero ring - his own TM
Luneth Materias: ATK 10 - Blade Mastery - Evade - Counter

Lightning: Excalibur - Romandan Pistol - green beret - brave suit - hero ring x2
Lightning Materias: Atk 5 - Atk 5 - ATK 10 - ATK 10

Elza: Her TM - Gungnir - some shit - some shit - hero ring x2
Elza Materias: Dual Weild - BladeBlitz - her ATK 20 - ATK 10

Refia: shit
Refia Materias: Cover - HP 15 - HP 15 - HP 10

Yeah, im stacked, but the fucking lightning evade rate pisses me off. I had several tough calls, and with this team it shouldn even be possible.

I cleared the event only 10 time snow and met 2 gigantuars, you guys are unlucky or im very lucky

65 runs
0 gigantuars
fuck you

you are very lucky

Rixa

Without TM's and mediocre gear, this wasnt easy at all.
Alt Needed highbie friend Gilgy (Ifrit btw) to do this
IMG_0339.PNG

Would been easier with highbie CoD + Diabolos but thanks again @Valentus my alt grabbed 6th 10% moogle, 4 to go and it has DW.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got another Giga Cat so far.

Also, I've managed to get 15 Sacred Crystals so far in this event. That's pretty damn good. Used them on Exdeath and Black Cat Lid, if it keeps up, I should be able to net another 50+.

Valentus

IMG_0339.PNG

Would been easier with highbie CoD + Diabolos but thanks again @Valentus my alt grabbed 6th 10% moogle, 4 to go and it has DW.

hey no problem buddy, glad you finally finished the trial :)

Rixa

hey no problem buddy, glad you finally finished the trial :)

Heh yeah. The difference between my alt &TM roided main is huge.

Whereas my main team just brute forced this event (didnt use Tent) with 3 CoDs Dual Casting Refia & Cecil and some items used my alt struggled alot and managed to do it at 2nd attempt.

creid

I was all excited to put my first Hero's Ring in the oven, but it's only going to give my Bartz an extra 3 or 4 ATK :<

Lyrian

Yeah, im stacked, but the fucking lightning evade rate pisses me off. I had several tough calls, and with this team it shouldn even be possible.

Throw an Exdeath in there. Lightning can't dodge spell abilities, and Earth Shaker will do 999 to everyone except the person with Golem equipped with only 400 MAG (which Exdeath can easily achieve with non-TM gear).

Also swap on any one of your dual wielders a sleep sword/dagger. Make that person go last each round. Spells do **not** break sleep, so you can Earth Shaker away at sleeping unit with impunity while focusing down everyone who resisted sleep and Elza lancing the remaining units that resisted sleep to trivialize the fight.

Most units can't survive 3x 999 damage from Earth Shaker after the initial sleep attack before waking up to ever get another turn in the match. Also, don't be afraid to pass turns on units once the opponent is sleeping so that you can focus down each sleeping unit one at a time with the full force of your team each turn.

Going to be a shame when a common sleep resist accessory/equipment enters the game. Too easy to win, as long as you can last long enough to lock down the opposing team.

Valentus

Throw an Exdeath in there. Lightning can't dodge spell abilities, and Earth Shaker will do 999 to everyone except the person with Golem equipped with only 400 MAG (which Exdeath can easily achieve with non-TM gear).

Also swap on any one of your dual wielders a sleep sword/dagger. Make that person go last each round. Spells do **not** break sleep, so you can Earth Shaker away at sleeping unit with impunity while focusing down everyone who resisted sleep and Elza lancing the remaining units that resisted sleep to trivialize the fight.

Most units can't survive 3x 999 damage from Earth Shaker after the initial sleep attack before waking up to ever get another turn in the match. Also, don't be afraid to pass turns on units once the opponent is sleeping so that you can focus down each sleeping unit one at a time with the full force of your team each turn.

Going to be a shame when a common sleep resist accessory/equipment enters the game. Too easy to win, as long as you can last long enough to lock down the opposing team.

yeah, thats good. I forgot to mention teams of 4 lightnings xD (that also i encounter a lot in the game.

and also if the other team starts and uses 2 good skills, all those mages are cold dead for sure. when i start i have no trouble at all.

Rixa

Someone GAF toss me a friend request so I dont need to use time to remove these randoms all the time :D.

Lyrian

yeah, thats good. I forgot to mention teams of 4 lightnings xD (that also i encounter a lot in the game.

and also if the other team starts and uses 2 good skills, all those mages are cold dead for sure. when i start i have no trouble at all.

That's always a risk. Even if I stack HP on ExDeath (which I do), it's hard to get him over 4k health without gimping his MAG too much. I tend to prefer at least 5k minimum for the arena per unit to survive bad rounds. That said, it's rare for ExDeath to go down on Turn 1 for me. Perhaps it is because I am also using a Cecil, who step in and take most of the hits for ExDeath (notwithstanding Hit Alls, Blitzs, Dividers, etc.). Most of the time, I just need to have my units not dead on my phase of Turn 1 and that will resolve the match easily enough.

Kouriozan

In the Arena I pretty much destroy anyone with dual wield DKCecil's Dark Cannon and Lightning with Area Blast and Deathbringer (triggers multiple dark elemental chains), and an Exdeath to finish off if someone survive.
If there is a Cecil (there is always one) it takes 2 turns.
The only lost I had since I got Deathbringer was a crash last night T-T

Oh and Refia laugh then dual cast Stona at those Golem Staff strategies.

Edit : proof of one turn win without Cecil, I don't need to remind you that black magic is banned so no dual cast meteor.

pbbkrzRl.jpg

Next week I'll have a second Exdeath ready (currently 62/100) but until dark or aera abilities are banned I'm safe right now.

Lyrian

Anyone else got a trust moogle from aréna monthly reward?
10% one...

Trust moogles were part of the monthly reward package for November (and they are for December as well).

I'm surprised they sent out last week's arena prizes after giving the top prize to everyone via compensation mail. Double HP pot prizes for the week? I'm ok with this!

Muku

omg guyz. I spent a bunch of tickets during the Luneth banner. I got all banner units from it except Arc. Todays daily? Arc. ;_; Thank you game. Thank you. Only took forever. And for him to be non banner. But whatever I guess.

Syntsui

during soft launch? yes, yes we have.

Right now? just wait to shitty troll shantottos to appear in your pulls and slowly fuse them. Eventually youll get 10 MAG+30
I have 11 and it's viable to make 4 out of them when I have my priorities straight. More than that, yeah, I'll wait for the shitty pulls.

leehom

omg guyz. I spent a bunch of tickets during the Luneth banner. I got all banner units from it except Arc. Todays daily? Arc. ;_; Thank you game. Thank you. Only took forever. And for him to be non banner. But whatever I guess.

Nice, Arc is probably the best 5* mage because of DC. If you have Exdeath, he destroys Arc.

Muku

Nice, Arc is probably the best 5* mage because of DC. If you have Exdeath, he destroys Arc.

I do have Exdeath. Fortunately, Exdeath just a second ago hit 100. But I will be working on Arc soon though for a Mage group. Have Terra, Kuja, Exdeath, and Kefka all at max right now. Like having mages in the waiting in case. Seems unlikely these days since it's going to physical damage, but choices.

Also, hoping one day to also pull a Golbez. If nothing else to have Golbez. One day. Maybe.

c-murph

Finally found a gigantuar after 80 runs

Feels good man

Took me 31 runs to actually see one. Fuck dat noize. I'm done gear farming until next week when hopefully, they'll be increasing gig encounter rate and adding Lighting 500% Bonus to this useless banner. If not, oh well, nothing of value was loss.

Xion86

Wow I've not even come across one gigantuar since I started the event! Been TM farming a lot today as I was busy, but just going to clear up Arena orbs and try a few Event fights. Tried 3 pulls today and all were trash :( one daily, one ticket and one random 500 for the hell of it.

Muku

Wow I've not even come across one gigantuar since I started the event! Been TM farming a lot today as I was busy, but just going to clear up Arena orbs and try a few Event fights. Tried 3 pulls today and all were trash :( one daily, one ticket and one random 500 for the hell of it.

What dumpster fire level of trash are we talking about?

chrono01

Oh hey, a free ticket.

Omg omg omg omg. My heart made a bump.

Please don't be another duanne

Yeeeeeeeeees.
Congrats!

I can't imagine how that feels. Anytime I get a rainbow (which is extremely rare), it's never what I expect. :(

IMG_0339.PNG

Nice job!

Finally found a gigantuar after 80 runs

Feels good man
All of those gears...

I've only seen on Gigantuar so far, and (of course) it was when I was running the place without an event friend. :(

EDarkness

I cleared the event only 10 time snow and met 2 gigantuars, you guys are unlucky or im very lucky

I don't even know what a gigantaur is. I've run the event a bunch of times on PRO and ELT and haven't seen anything different. The payout for this event is crappy, though. I have Sazh in my group and after many runs, I barely have 2K gears. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Syrus

Banned
For those that use frep , did you buy frep or free version?

I understand free version wont check for daily quest , so we cant run this overnight?

Veggy

For those that use frep , did you buy frep or free version?

I understand free version wont check for daily quest , so we cant run this overnight?

I'm using free, if you haven't done the daily story quest it will stop the macro

Broseybrose

Well Im sharing my 3* lvl 13 Sazh instead of my usual 401 MAG Tellah.

If anyone wants Tellah back before the event ends, let me know in the thread or PM.

I've run the event 46 times and have seen 0 gigantuars. That's pretty nuts. At least having Snow I've still gotten enough gears to get 50+ cactuars to level up some units, but it definitely seems like a long haul to get the tickets and SQ.

Here's hoping dragging a friend Lightning along in the second week will make it less painful.

Acerac

Banned
I've run the event 46 times and have seen 0 gigantuars. That's pretty nuts. At least having Snow I've still gotten enough gears to get 50+ cactuars to level up some units, but it definitely seems like a long haul to get the tickets and SQ.

Here's hoping dragging a friend Lightning along in the second week will make it less painful.

I'm just running it enough for the daily quests. No reason to waste my nrg there, I just got my first dual wield and my first excalibur isn't far behind. Given that and I have Bartz and Exdeath waiting for max level the current event is the last thing I want to burn energy on.

Alkez

Yep, in UK I think its 9am which is fine for me because I'm usually awake at that time

Fyi it's 8am (also from the UK). I use the free frep too (have it running atm) but I just set it to repeat a certain number of times so it will finish before the reset anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom