• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

I hope it's a crappy event. Or if it has something good I can do it for the one thing and catch up. My to do list has gotten long. Oh so very long.

Todays pull were so awful. Russell decided to show up on my main game. Again. I'll get his TM one day. Then Cyan decided to show up on my alt. Why? Urgh. Need someone worth a damn on my alt.

Spent yesterday catching up on quests on my alt account. Not fully done, but moving on with some story again. Krile decided she wanted to max out before I have full mats for her. Damn you Krile.

Xion86

Daily pull: 4 star Agrias. Well at least I got someone different finally :)

But I don't know if I should replace Warrior of Light with her or not :( hmm

CCIE

Banned
It is so satisfying to use Agrias, confuse the enemy, and have it start attacking the other enemies.

I actually put the choker on my Lightning while running the event so she can't be confused and slay my whole party while I'm trying to level units

creid

I guess I misread "only utility" as "only worthwhile trait". She has other traits, just not better than WoL.

Muku

I feel like WoL would be a better choice. He's still on my list. Well, my Christmas list at this point.

Got a fusing question. Say you have two Alma. You decide to get both to 10% then want to fuse one into the other. Does that give you just 10% more or does it yield 15%? (10% given to her already + the 5% they give when you fuse just right off the bat.)

tariniel

Anyone know what the status of Nox is? I know that other emulators are working and I'll switch - but I hvae 250 Lapis held hostage on one of my Nox installs that I'd like to use before I move on.

Other than that, still no banner units again. I didn't get any banner units on the previous FFT banner either. In other news I've pulled so many Krile that her TM is at 45%. Can't wait to get that Thundaga...

One other question: Does anyone know how far out Carbuncle is, or if it's any good? I have tons of white magicites that I kind of want to dump on my other espers, should I just keep saving them?

Folstern

I feel like WoL would be a better choice. He's still on my list. Well, my Christmas list at this point.

Got a fusing question. Say you have two Alma. You decide to get both to 10% then want to fuse one into the other. Does that give you just 10% more or does it yield 15%? (10% given to her already + the 5% they give when you fuse just right off the bat.)
10%+5%

Valentus

if you feed a unit with a copy of the same unit, the unit gets the sacrified unit's TM % plus 5%.

So its said if you want to farm TM, if you have 5 copies to the same unit, TM farm until the sum of the 5 units is 80% (plus the 20% of the 4 sacrified units (5% each) sums a total of 100%)

The same with only 4 units (85%), 3 units (90%) and 2 units (95%)

You always want to add an additional 5% for each unit being fused into the main unit.

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to start combining units, or I will never get a TM again. Was going to get two guns out of four Mustadio, but I think I will combine the four into one for fast TM, then I can throw another few units in the queue. Would be nice to have two guns, but would be nicer to start working on something else. Especially since my ALT account is so far behind in story, etc...

I'm going to start combining units, or I will never get a TM again. Was going to get two guns out of four Mustadio, but I think I will combine the four into one for fast TM, then I can throw another few units in the queue. Would be nice to have two guns, but would be nicer to start working on something else. Especially since my ALT account is so far behind in story, etc...

Only a few of the TM's I think are worth getting multiple and even then unless you have quite a few of a unit it doesn't really seem worth the time. I have 3 Cecil for instance and as much as I would like to have 3 Excaliburs....is that really worth the amount of time to farm...probably not. So I figure I will combine two to get one faster and then get a 2nd one slowly. I have said it before and the game has to be tuned to were TMR's don't have to be needed so no real reason to race for them.

The trust masteries are still my least favorite thing about this game. In fact I think they're so detrimental to the experience that I can't believe they work the way do. You simply can't earn them by using the characters normally. They are truly meant to be additive fodder for when you pull duplicates. I have two Zidanes and three ludmille I'm trying to earn TMs on. At first I wasn't planning on combing but now I just want it over with. At the rate I'm going I won't see these TMs for another 6 months.

Muku

The trust masteries are still my least favorite thing about this game. In fact I think they're so detrimental to the experience that I can't believe they work the way do. You simply can't earn them by using the characters normally. They are truly meant to be additive fodder for when you pull duplicates. I have two Zidanes and three ludmille I'm trying to earn TMs on. At first I wasn't planning on combing but now I just want it over with. At the rate I'm going I won't see these TMs for another 6 months.

It's okay. I'm in same boat. I rely heavily on the dupes, as since my FB account has been screwed for this, I'm not going to be able to Nox it or anything. I've pretty much given up on TM. Unless I get lots of dupes. But I don't tend to get dupes of stuff that matters.

The highest one I have is Kefka. Because during the banner he was on I got a boat ton. Ended up using the 4* one I got and merging all the 3* in. That got me to around 30-35%. He's at like 48% now. He's been kind to me in going up. But someone like Garland, who was my first character, only recently hit 20%. Ugh. These things are nice, and I have a list of stuff I want from my characters, but it just isn't going to be happening.

I agree with this 100%. At the very least if you do an Exploration every battle in said exploration should be an attempt to raise the TM level if they did that one little thing I think it would quite a bit. Of course they won't because they don't give a shit but whatever.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
NRG replenishes at 1 per 5 minutes, right? 12 per hour So max NRG of 144 per day?

So assuming you need 10k battles to get one unit to 100% TM (1/(.01*.01)), then you only need 2,000 battles if you have 5 of the same unit. Or 13.8 days.

Is that right?

NRG replenishes at 1 per 5 minutes, right? 12 per hour So max NRG of 144 per day?

So assuming you need 10k battles to get one unit to 100% TM (1/(.01*.01)), then you only need 2,000 battles if you have 5 of the same unit. Or 13.8 days.

Is that right?

Whoa. On one hand, that's not *too* crazy of a time period. On the other, I'll never in life get one of these TMs. I don't have more than 2 of any same unit, and try as I might I have never completely maxed out my day. You know... that whole sleep and work thing kinda' get in the way of using every single possible NRG.

I think that might officially mean I give up on the TMs and just start fusing my units together. I probably have more chance of getting enough dupes over time and getting to 100% than I will just playing the game naturally.

Whales

Banned
eading about these TMs makes me regret fusing two shanttotos, would hav emade that grind much more reasonable

( I pulled 3 shanttotos at least, so I still got 2 for TM farming)

Razmos

It would be awesome if they released a dungeon you could do only once per day, but you get a guaranteed 1% TM for every character in your party. That way it's still work, it would take 100 days to get a TM from scratch, but it would lessen the grind a lot and would be fairer on those who don't get a lot of dupes.

Xion86

No, you shouldn't. Her only utility is the TM.

Will stick to Warrior of Light :) spent ages trying to get him too.

Kicking ass in the Coloseeum still! (B-4)

(Damn I quoted lots but only one from this page showed up, maybe it's a Safari thing?)

Oh, so I haven't bought any 6 star mats yet, how much of each should I buy do you think?

Syntsui

Cleansing strike is very similar to a single target barrage by a marginal rate tho

I mean, there are a lot of better options available right now for DPS role. And as far as Full Breaker goes, there's no one better than WoL, which he already has.

Agrias is not exactly bad, just mediocre and overshadowed by too many other units.

I mean, there are a lot of better options available right now for DPS role. And as far as Full Breaker goes, there's no one better than WoL, which he already has.

Agrias is not exactly bad, just mediocre and overshadowed by too many other units.
How is she overshadowed by any other full breaker?

robotuw

(i actually wanted someone to check my assumptions and math)

A full day gets you 288 NRG, though assuming you sleep 8 hours a day, you only have 12*16 = 192 of that to work with. You can also get 9 more NRG from daily quests (net 5 for the story quests, net 4 for the explorations, nothing for the vortex). That's 201 total, ignoring your rank (which lets you save more NRG overnight), rank-up refills and random NRG bonuses.

Farming 5 of the same unit at once takes 16% on each unit to get one TM reward 16*5 + 20 = 100. That's 1600 runs on average (though it can vary a lot). 1600/201 = 7.96 or just 8. So, being very efficient and ignoring special cases, you can get one TM reward from 5 dupes in 8 days. If you have a decent rank you can do it in less. At rank 50 you save 60 of that 96 NRG you would have lost overnight. That lets you do it in just over 6 days.

WoL is better than her, why do you want to argue that? Hell, he will be even better when his 6* arrives.
Neither of most posts even mentioned WoL. Obviously against a 6* it's whatever but that is ways away for WoL so it's not even really worth mentioning atm. What I'm saying is, Agrias is like the best breaker out rn, only really losing to a 6* atm.

But if u want to compare to WoL, she higher stats and better DPS moveset with cleansing strike and situationally I feel like she's worthy of more spots on a team for global atm. As of right now I still have had no need for a tank so WoL would be worse for me than Agrias. Like what you are saying is false, Agrias is a better full breaker just by atk stat

Syntsui

Neither of most posts even mentioned WoL. Obviously against a 6* it's whatever but that is ways away for WoL so it's not even really worth mentioning atm. What I'm saying is, Agrias is like the best breaker out rn, only really losing to a 6* atm.

But if u want to compare to WoL, she higher stats and better DPS moveset with cleansing strike and situationally I feel like she's worthy of more spots on a team for global atm. As of right now I still have had no need for a tank so WoL would be worse for me than Agrias. Like what you are saying is false, Agrias is a better full breaker just by atk stat

The whole discussion began because the Xion86 asked if he should use her or his WoL, lol.

Agrias having higher DPS is irrelevant as far as being a good breaker goes, the whole job of the breaker is to tank/debuff/protect the units (he has Sentinel + native HP +20% + native DEF +30%). WoL + a high DPS character (Lightning/Delita/CoD) is the best combo for a balanced team, period.

The whole discussion began because the Xion86 asked if he should use her or his WoL, lol. Agrias having higher DPS is irrelevant as far as being a good breaker goes, the whole job of the breaker is to tank/debuff/protect the unit. WoL + a high DPS character (Lightning/Delita/CoD) is the best combo.
Yea and? I chimed in bc u disregarded Agrias, which made no sense to me so I commented.

Folstern

The whole discussion began because the Xion86 asked if he should use her or his WoL, lol.

Agrias having higher DPS is irrelevant as far as being a good breaker goes, the whole job of the breaker is to tank/debuff/protect the units (he has Sentinel + native HP +20% + native DEF +30%). WoL + a high DPS character (Lightning/Delita/CoD) is the best combo for a balanced team, period.
It depends what their full party composition is. If they have Charlotte, they should be using her as a tank and be using Agrias for Full Break. WoL in difficult fights is left using Provoke 90% of the time so he barely if ever will use Full Break.

Kouriozan

Soon I'll have to take the difficult decision to fuse both my Chizuru (42.1/48.0) and get blade mastery in a few days or keep them and get 2 of those.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
A full day gets you 288 NRG, though assuming you sleep 8 hours a day, you only have 12*16 = 192 of that to work with. You can also get 9 more NRG from daily quests (net 5 for the story quests, net 4 for the explorations, nothing for the vortex). That's 201 total, ignoring your rank (which lets you save more NRG overnight), rank-up refills and random NRG bonuses.

Farming 5 of the same unit at once takes 16% on each unit to get one TM reward 16*5 + 20 = 100. That's 1600 runs on average (though it can vary a lot). 1600/201 = 7.96 or just 8. So, being very efficient and ignoring special cases, you can get one TM reward from 5 dupes in 8 days. If you have a decent rank you can do it in less. At rank 50 you save 60 of that 96 NRG you would have lost overnight. That lets you do it in just over 6 days.

Where'd you get 1600?

Edit: ohhhh.

How is it irrelevant? U want your breaker to hit like a wet noodle? Look at the stats dude, Agrias is comparable in HP by like a 100 and her Def is high af also.
It depends what their full party composition is. If they have Charlotte, they should be using her as a tank and be using Agrias for Full Break. WoL in difficult fights is left using Provoke 90% of the time so he barely if ever will use Full Break.
This is me to the T

c-murph

Faster if you refresh. I got my Lordly Robe in less than four. Mind you I had a few refreshes, level ups, daily gifts and the daily quest rewards. Those all helped a lot. Pretty sweet if you have five of the same unit and want it fast.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Here is the math from before.

288 Daily recharge, an additional 9 NRG if you minimize daily loss(I.E. 1 for 1 with Vortex, 4+ and 5+ from Explore + Story.)

So 297 daily energy. If you want to add in rank up. Divide the amount of XP you need by 10, it will be an overestimation, but close.

10000 for TM(Assumption)

1 at 100% efficiency and probability is 34 Days
2 " 16 Days
3 " 10 Days
4 " 7 Days
5 " 5.5 Days

A more realistic time frame would be 2 to 3 months for a pure 1 to 100. Hence why it's non-nonsensical to really have long TM lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom