• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Lost 4 ELT today because I was cocky trying to level up my Kefkas. I shouldn't have even played today, what a fucking waste.

Muku

Lost 4 ELT today because I was cocky trying to level up my Kefkas. I shouldn't have even played today, what a fucking waste.

Awww. :( I haven't even touched ELT. I kind of wanted to do one last night but with my group I was just like ehhh. I don't want to waste the energy. Sometimes we let us get the best of ourselves. Hope rest of your day in-game gets better.

Got the rest of the gems I needed to be able to forge the Chirijiraden. Trying to decide if I want to spend my time on the banner grinding out megacites in the explorations (this shit pays good) or for more gems to be able to buy the last 2 blocks of summon tickets.

I feel like the tickets, while not truly a waste, would end up being a waste because I'd just get troll crystals and a bunch of Vivis and shit.

On the other hand, power leveling my espers for better stats would be nice because it would make future events a little easier to get through for those rewards.

Decisions, decisions...

For those who play JPN version, has Shadow ever received anything beyond 4*?

I ask because this is a big reason why I refuse to put any money into this game, despite enjoying it for the most part and plying since pre-release.

He was one of the first units added to the rare summon gate and even though we have since seen new FFVI events in JPN this guy not only continues to be absolute trash, but he is still available as a rare summon despite maxing out at 4* when they are far into the 6* phase, rendering him useless. To be fair he was useless long before 6*. In fact he was useless on day 1.

Characters like him should not be in the gate what so ever. You shouldn't be in the rare gate when there are actually normal summons that max out at 3* that carry more use than him. My last 2 weeks of daily pulls have seriously been Shadows, Edgars, Luna & Clynes with one Alma. Only one banner unit in 2 weeks of pulls every day. Luna at least grants Barrage as a TM. Shadow gives what, Throw?

Yes, I understand this is a Gacha system, which is why they will understand why I don't give them money.

Odds and available units should be fair. This is not.

Will continue to play no doubt, but these odds are total BS.

Valentus

The whole discussion began because the Xion86 asked if he should use her or his WoL, lol.

Agrias having higher DPS is irrelevant as far as being a good breaker goes, the whole job of the breaker is to tank/debuff/protect the units (he has Sentinel + native HP +20% + native DEF +30%). WoL + a high DPS character (Lightning/Delita/CoD) is the best combo for a balanced team, period.

No, the best combo is having a good damage mitigation. Whats the point of having a WoL + Lightning if you cant 1 hit the enemy and then you eat all damage at 100%?

That assumption that the role of the breaker is tank debuff buff units is wrong. Thats the job of wol, but what about vaan? he is worthless now, and what about people that cant have a full break unit and draw a Sahz? Should kill themselves?

Besides, Agrias is a great unit, because:

- Cleasing Strike is 20% less damage than Barrage, but it is a focused unit attack, so in situations where you fight multiple enemies and want to focus on a specific unit (orbonne monastery for example) Cleasing Strike is better than the randomness of Barrage.

- Cleasing Strike can confuse. So you can use her in a party of 4 wizzards, Agrias and a Healer and confuse the enemy and then the wizzards attack for at least 1 turn without worrying of the enemy's skills.

- She has protecga, that combined with Charlotte's Shellga, you can have the full mitigation in turn 1.

- Her LB can stop. Another great turn advantage skill

- She is a waifu. WoL is not waifu.

What you people dont understand is that the spectrum of units grow week after week. 2 Months ago was easier to get a Chizuru or WoL because the spectrum of units was smaller than now, so the chance of draw them is more difficult. So drawing units like Agrias is very good because the way you use it can give you better results and not regret not drawing a WoL.

Now if you wanna talk about his 6star evolution, come back in feb.2017 and then we can talk about taking advantage of WoL's 6star skills.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Here is the math from before.

288 Daily recharge, an additional 9 NRG if you minimize daily loss(I.E. 1 for 1 with Vortex, 4+ and 5+ from Explore + Story.)

So 297 daily energy. If you want to add in rank up. Divide the amount of XP you need by 10, it will be an overestimation, but close.

10000 for TM(Assumption)

1 at 100% efficiency and probability is 34 Days
2 " 16 Days
3 " 10 Days
4 " 7 Days
5 " 5.5 Days

A more realistic time frame would be 2 to 3 months for a pure 1 to 100. Hence why it's non-nonsensical to really have long TM lists.

This is great, thank you.

Also, depressing.

tariniel

I have 5 friend slots for anyone that needs help with the current event.

Current: Lightning with Diablos (Man-Eater): 430 atk.
After event: max Ifrit: 469 atk.

No fancy TM's and all F2P gear but Man-Eater does a serious number on ELT. She can't solo it yet but if you bring 1-2 other strong units they can duo it, so you can bring leveling units.

Anyway please put GAF in your message or something: 811,351,127

Whenever I can go back to TM farming I have Cecil, Miyuki and Luna in the party - can't wait to see what Lightning is like with those weapons and barrage. They're a ways out though, only 10% into each or so.

robotuw

Finally beat that jerk brachiosaur. Brought in my ELT blizzard team (max Lightning, Celes, Tellah, ExDeath, and Kefka). Didn't bother with buffs or debuffs, just chained the heck out of him.

He took out Tellah and Kefka early but Celes hung around long enough to cancel an ultima before getting snorted. Lightning and Exdeath took out the last 1/4 of his health by themselves. I got lucky though, only 1 snort and his delirium completely whiffed twice. I highly recommend learning how to chain Lightning's blitz moves. The timing for each is different and tricky but it pays off in a big way.

hey when use use shining splendor with an attack like barrage or cleansing strike do you get a chance to blind with each hit?

Yep. My shining splendor procs blind all the time when a unit equipping it does AoE abilities.

Muku

... but Celes hung around long enough to cancel an ultima before getting snorted.

LOL. I can't help but laugh every time I see this... I know he has the move snort that removes someone from combat, but I dunno. I just imagine a big dinosaur snorting you up its nose for duration. Poor party member that is chosen that has to clean up after combat.

Zunja

I feel the same way about the TM they are cool and all but so far away that they really aren't interesting. I don't want to grind 10k battles to get a weapon or w/e that's just not fun for me. Hopefully they add in a better system for it at some point.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Without TMR, Chirijiraden is the best Katana, even in the Japanese version, will probably fuse my Chizuru then.

I feel the same way about the TM they are cool and all but so far away that they really aren't interesting. I don't want to grind 10k battles to get a weapon or w/e that's just not fun for me. Hopefully they add in a better system for it at some point.

I have to admit a bit of a letdown after crafting Chirijiraden. I can't imagine the emptiness of manually farming a TM for 3 months.

Syntsui

Finally got enough auracite for the last ticket and got another Agrias. I wanted 2 swords so that's good enough, now I'll have to tame my anxiety and not spend any lapis until FF III banner.
it won't happen

Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

I'm starting to have fever dreams at night.

Vashetti

Banned
Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. Swipe right, Magic Song, Swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga, swipe right Blizzaga. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

Sssh now, it'll all be over soon.

robotuw

Super glad I switched to PRO where I can just repeat. At least you're getting in work on that magic used trophy?

CCIE

Banned
That is why I decided to combine all four of my Mustadio's into one. Not worth it to farm for a month for two of them. By then, there will probably be a weapon close enough to not even bother.

CCIE

Banned
34-40 more runs of PRO to get the Katana... I think I can, I think I can. On the other hand, Lightning is all the way up to L70 and counting on 6*

tuffymon

That sounds terrible... glad I don't do that, but nice to see a viable strategy even if its taxing...

Super glad I switched to PRO where I can just repeat. At least you're getting in work on that magic used trophy?

That's true! I hadn't thought of that. Got the Chirijiraden, shield, tickets, SQ, and working on as many awakening mats as possible. Just. A few more days...

Lyrian

No, the best combo is having a good damage mitigation. Whats the point of having a WoL + Lightning if you cant 1 hit the enemy and then you eat all damage at 100%?

That assumption that the role of the breaker is tank debuff buff units is wrong. Thats the job of wol, but what about vaan? he is worthless now, and what about people that cant have a full break unit and draw a Sahz? Should kill themselves?

Besides, Agrias is a great unit, because:

- Cleasing Strike is 20% less damage than Barrage, but it is a focused unit attack, so in situations where you fight multiple enemies and want to focus on a specific unit (orbonne monastery for example) Cleasing Strike is better than the randomness of Barrage.

- Cleasing Strike can confuse. So you can use her in a party of 4 wizzards, Agrias and a Healer and confuse the enemy and then the wizzards attack for at least 1 turn without worrying of the enemy's skills.

- She has protecga, that combined with Charlotte's Shellga, you can have the full mitigation in turn 1.

- Her LB can stop. Another great turn advantage skill

- She is a waifu. WoL is not waifu.

What you people dont understand is that the spectrum of units grow week after week. 2 Months ago was easier to get a Chizuru or WoL because the spectrum of units was smaller than now, so the chance of draw them is more difficult. So drawing units like Agrias is very good because the way you use it can give you better results and not regret not drawing a WoL.

Now if you wanna talk about his 6star evolution, come back in feb.2017 and then we can talk about taking advantage of WoL's 6star skills.

Waaaaaay late to the party here, but as usual, you're right on point.

WoL, right now, in his 5* form is very mediocre. Yes, he has full break. But, as CCIE mentioned the other day, it is very awkward to have the full break on the taunter.

So... let's say we are in ADV-S tier and start a new fight.

What does WoL do?

Does he attempt to taunt a mob onto him and hope that he can take the hit at full strength? Or does he instead attempt to full break that mob and then hope that the debuffed mob is weak enough that it doesn't one-shot a mage or healer. It's an ugly gamble every single time.

Right now, that's where Charlotte + Agrias shines, in the way Valentus mentions. There, I **can** full break + taunt the same mob on Turn 1. Or, in the case of multiple mob encounters, I can Protectga and taunt a mob, while saving Lenna 48 MP.

Much, much better all around in terms of overall crowd control.

If I can draw an Agrias, WoL is sitting his armored ass on the bench until his 6* upgrade arrives.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel like being a nice guy, so I'll write something useful today.

Guide to the most common question: Non-Reddit Version

Is *Insert character name* any good
Is you're character on this list of 5*?
Is you're character on this list as a 4* with a 5.0 Rating or above?

Then yes, you can get some miles out of them. Miles of course will vary between characters, but Edgar for example still gets played every now and then in JPN for chaining on bosses. And myself have completed up to the recent Trial with Edgar in my party. Kyrie and Viva are two other popular choices for example.

What should this mean to you? Do not fixate on trying to improve your party right away. Over time, the natural power creep will take care of your party, because new characters will come out that are naturally stronger than the current ones. It pays to be patience and use the dailies.

This doesn't mean every character is worthwhile either, but the newest 3* now are almost always going to be far better than the previous ones till the old ones get upgrades. Don't fret, don't worry about having the new hotness.

But I absolutely want to have a list of who I should get

If you must. Anyone who gets a 6* in the future will be fine for a long time. Anyone who doesn't, will most likely have a shelf life of a month or two. Note, this is how the game is meant to be played. Unless you pull a golden ticket, many of those 5* characters will simply replace the previous ones. But some will be able to stay around a bit longer due to unique abilities. I.E. Charlotte will get a group Esuna which is invaluable.

But this contradicts what you said...

Think of it like this. Warrior of Light, while receiving a 6*, will not have it for 4-5 months. During that time, Snow will be better, Charlotte will be better, Cecil will be better, and more tanks will come out which are better. You need to make it thru those events, content, etc first.

This also applies to characters like Agrias who can do more damage, while providing the support option to the party. You are not force into a singular role "yet".

Okay, so what should I look for then?

Myself, FFBF banner, FFIII Banner, etc. When it comes down to it. There are better choices like the two I mentioned due to how powerful and the longevity certain units are.
But it's not a must.

But if you want an opinion for the next few months.
FFXIII Banner - Snow, Hope, Lightning.
FFBF - Tilith
FFIV - Cecil
FFIII - Anyone.

Okay about TMs

TMs are not required for this game. They are meant to be long term goals. The game is not balanced around them, so if you get any. It's like a test where the highest score is 105%.

If you must, the easiest route is get Memu on PC. Install FFBE. And create a script for it. It's easy as 1 2 3.

Here is the math

288 Daily recharge, an additional 9 NRG if you minimize daily loss(I.E. 1 for 1 with Vortex, 4+ and 5+ from Explore + Story.)

So 297 daily energy. If you want to add in rank up. Divide the amount of XP you need by 10, it will be an overestimation, but close.

10000 for TM(Assumption)

1 at 100% efficiency and probability is 34 Days
2 " 16 Days
3 " 10 Days
4 " 7 Days
5 " 5.5 Days

A more realistic time frame would be 2 to 3 months for a pure 1 to 100. Hence why it's non-nonsensical to really have long TM lists.

Remember, this means you're leveling up each individually then combing. Each adds 5%, so the number you need to hit are
1 - 100%
2 - 47.5% Each
3 - 30% Each
4 - 21.25% Each
5 - 16% Each

So which TMs should I and should I combine?

Very few are worth grinding 1 to 100 alone. These are them(Opinion)
Dual Wield(Zid)
Blade Mastery(Chizuru)
Doublehand(Bartz)
DoubleCast(Ludimille)
Exaculibur(Cecil)
Moonblade(Delita)

There are plenty of other good ones, but you don't need 3 Lordly Robes for example. It's not worth the effort. You also have a limited amount of time and energy if you want to keep up with events. So this is where some planning comes into play. Take a look at the time and see if it is really worthwhile to get.

Also note how many you need. Dual Wield is better than Doublehand and do not stack. So there is no point in getting Doublehand is you have 3 copies of Dual Wield already.

Okay, so now how should I invest my Lapis

Invest when you need to.
Do not rage pull.
It will only get harder to collect more.

Waifu

All logic is void when Waifu character is out. Amazon offers discounts and with their CC, you save more. Pull till you get

c-murph

I just do it once then hit repeat over and over. Mind you most of my mages have near or over 300 MAG.

Brave suit is the best armor in the game right now and a must have for almost 7/8 of the units.

Yeah the more I look at it the more I think I should add Ramza to my next TM group....sucks Exdeath can't wear it for the MAG but that's okay Delita is getting that shit for the ATK

c-murph

I've gotten three Mustadios, Clyne, Shadow and some other shit from my Dailies this banner... Not really expecting Ramza but I don't know why I haven't seen Agrias yet.

bonkeng

WoL is better than her, why do you want to argue that? Hell, he will be even better when his 6* arrives.

I have to disagree with you here. IMO, Agrias is better than WoL right now.

Agrias has both offensive and defensive abilities in her skill set. Cleansing Strike is a ST 300% damage + 30% confuse. She has Protectga (AoE +40% def buff). Bladeblitz as AoE damage.

WoL has higher hp and higher def, and he does have Sentinel. But no reliable dps means your party can only field 4 dps units at best, 3 if with healer.

Agrias offers more to a party than WoL can, when both are at 5*. If we take 6* into account, then there's nothing to discuss here.

Soon I'll have to take the difficult decision to fuse both my Chizuru (42.1/48.0) and get blade mastery in a few days or keep them and get 2 of those.

Noooo. You're going to regret that. Orlandu and Tidus needs those tm's.

DID SOMEONE SAY BRAVE SUIT

You also gonna fuse both Ramza for 1 suit?

EDarkness

I've gotten three Mustadios, Clyne, Shadow and some other shit from my Dailies this banner... Not really expecting Ramza but I don't know why I haven't seen Agrias yet.

Don't feel bad. I haven’t gotten anything from this banner. My crappy luck with banner characters continues.... I want Agrias, too. :(

scarlet

Excalibur + blade mastery + Sakurafubuki > 2 excaliburs.

Don't fuse your Chizu. Unless you have more than 4.

I replace 1 of my Exdeath with Agrias for colosseum. Now I can use her for FB and WoL use provoke on turn 1.

Excalibur + blade mastery + Sakurafubuki > 2 excaliburs.

Don't fuse your Chizu. Unless you have more than 4.

I replace 1 of my Exdeath with Agrias for colosseum. Now I can use her for FB and WoL use provoke on turn 1.
Damn I got blade mastery but I haven't seen Miyuki and Cecil yet and I'm F2P :(

robotuw

Don't feel bad. I haven’t gotten anything from this banner. My crappy luck with banner characters continues.... I want Agrias, too. :(

Same. 15+ pulls from tickets and dailies and I've gotten one mustadio to show for it with the rest utter crap. 4 gold troll crystals so far. ;_;

That will have to do, money ain't enough lol.

57316eb7ca6b69dded68df6c646c3103.jpg

Lyrian

Who the heck at Gumi thought it would be a great idea to bring back the hell versions of the Bloody Eyes from Demons Unleashed?

Acerac

Banned
Mind adding me to the GAF list? I'm super new so I don't have much, but I do have a max level Vaan I use as leader so some people may have some use for me as a friend.

My ID is 487,561,477.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom