• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Trying to decide whether to make a run at one more expensive summon ticket, or spend the day on the Awakening chamber. Would like to get the SC I need to awakening Agrias and start leveling her to MAX. Have a feeling that the event is going to make minced meat of my group.

Thoughts?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The explorations give lower rank exp but do have a ton of esper megacytes. not sure it's worth it but i used it a few times when to burn nrg when i was close to ranking up.

Finally joined the macro train for the tm farm. Switch controlling at work, grinding those TM's. Feels good. Barrage at 82.5 %, 5 Luds are next for the dual cast.

Yeah just read up on it

Looks like a bug

Cool itll be better in its actual form. Shame they didnt let the people keep the 60ATK version as a nifty bonus

Azuran

Banned
Why do they hate Dragoons Ninjas and Thieves in this damn game

I swear having that many useless character classes fucking blows

> Implying Dragoons weren't useless in previous games either

Ninjas should be an evasion tank just like in FFXI. Having nothing but blood tanks is boring since they all play the same.

For real, I can't think of a single FF game where Dragoons were among the best. Ninjas on the other hand are broken in almost all of them.

Lets run the list

FF3 - Cant remember how good they were

FF4- Kain was the shit. Who didnt use Kain at the end?

FF5 - Not sure on this one. Cant rememeber

FF6 - No set Dragoon. Jump was pretty decent but not necessary

FF7 - uhh.. Ok as much as i liked Cid I didnt use him much so

FF8 - Did this game even have a dragoon character?

FF9 - Now we are talking! Freya was the bomb!

FF10 - Hmm.. did this game have a dragoon?

FF11/14 - Boom Dragoons were amazing in both MMOs

FF12 - Spears were definitely an awesome weapon to use as well as the best weapon in the game

FF13 - Im gonna skip this one

Caim

> Implying Dragoons weren't useless in previous games either

Ninjas should be an evasion tank just like in FFXI. Having nothing but blood tanks is boring since they all play the same.

Utsusemi: Ni would be awesome, and probably end up being a TM if it was a thing.

I hope they add more FFXI units one day.

Ugh, game taught me to not try to pull anymore today. Did my daily and spent my remaining 8 tickets (used probably 15ish on this event)... and still no Agrias. Didn't even pull anything of note lol. So much for getting a full break finally :(

Azuran

Banned
Lets run the list

FF3 - Cant remember how good they were

FF4- Kain was the shit. Who didnt use Kain at the end?

FF5 - Not sure on this one. Cant rememeber

FF6 - No set Dragoon. Jump was pretty decent but not necessary

FF7 - uhh.. Ok as much as i liked Cid I didnt use him much so

FF8 - Did this game even have a dragoon character?

FF9 - Now we are talking! Freya was the bomb!

FF10 - Hmm.. did this game have a dragoon?

FF11/14 - Boom Dragoons were amazing in both MMOs

FF12 - Spears were definitely an awesome weapon to use as well as the best weapon in the game

FF13 - Im gonna skip this one

They were meh in both 3 and 5 since they were so many better jobs that performed their role a lot better. Jump is cool and all but no one likes giving enemies an opportunity to attack in the first place especially when you need to micromanage HP and MP.

You were kinda forced to use Kain in FF4 at the end. Also he was a jealous dick throughout most of the game too so he's by far the worst character in the game simply because of that.

Ward was a dragoon in 8. He sucked.

Okay, finally a decent one. Shame she played absolutely no role in the story after her arc was done.

Kimahri had jump as one of his overdrives and he's also by far worst character in the game.

I haven't played much of XIV but Dragoons were considered a joke for most of their existence in FFXI. There's a reason loldrg is a thing. It wasn't until the 1-handed buff that they became useful again but that helped out Dark Knight, Warrior, and Samurai even more which meant nobody bothered to use them.

I blame ALL OF YOU for me getting my Freya on my daily draw. ALL. OF. YOU.

Shouldn't have pulled in the middle of a dragoon talk :p

Utsusemi: Ni would be awesome, and probably end up being a TM if it was a thing.

I hope they add more FFXI units one day.

I want Prishe and Lilisette but since this game is fueled by nostalgia and the majority of players didn't played XI, much less the expansions, chances are we will never get them :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking about this event and what team I'll run.

I'm thinking I'll be switching Kefka for Tellah.
Why?
-Raise
-All three elements. Each one is immune to one or two, while weak to another.

And I'm thinking of replacing Chizzy for Artemios. Whily Chizzy hits so much harder, but he'll have Man Eater

Keep my Bartz equipped with Exaculibur! Give me the Doublehand from Chizzy.

WoL with Undead shield, or even raise Cecil up to 6*.....

Leanna's in. -_-

I think I'll get my Diablos today too. Give Siren a nice kick to the curb finally.

Syntsui

Thinking about this event and what team I'll run.

I'm thinking I'll be switching Kefka for Tellah.
Why?
-Raise
-All three elements. Each one is immune to one or two, while weak to another.

And I'm thinking of replacing Chizzy for Artemios. Whily Chizzy hits so much harder, but he'll have Man Eater

Keep my Bartz equipped with Exaculibur! Give me the Doublehand from Chizzy.

WoL with Undead shield.
Tellah will be the MVP mage for this event, no doubt.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Not gonna lie, this last banner has made me super wary about an 11-pull. Pulled one per day for the entire event (14?) and landed exactly one Mustadio.

¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

Iceman829

Is that the Bone Dragon/Undead colosseum? You can use raise on them with Tellah/Terra.

OMG this was hilarious and great at the same time. It made the climb to the boss fight a breeze.

Use Golbez and paralyze with binding cold and then chain thundagas

U could try chaining magic. U have a handful of magic users, so an elemental chain would be great. Otherwise, Chizuru, WoL, CoD, Kefka and Lenna would be a great team imo

Thanks for the advice as well guys. I ended up just blasting through the boss with Chiz, Tellah, Kefka, Lenna and WoL. The fights are definitely tougher in ADV and it makes things interesting. I do slightly miss dropping Graviga on a wave of enemies and calling it a day from there

Pejo

Went for one more "why the heck not" daily pull to try to snag Agrias, but got a Sabin instead. I should have learned by now.

Anyways, it's going to be really f'ing close to see if I can get a full set of awakening materials for Cecil by the end of the FFT event. I might actually throw 100 lapis at a refresh to guarantee he's ready to go first thing. I have no metal cactuars to feed him though, so I guess there really isn't much of a hurry. Any chance we get one of those FP cactuar/gilsnapper events this weekend? I keep having to do FP summons since I'm maxed on FP.

If I can manage to beat the ELT exploration of this next event, with my other two saved trust moogles, I could instantly have barrage.... It's really tempting, but my gut tells me to save them for Dual Wield, since it's such an absolute game changer. My Zidane is sitting somewhere in the 30s as far as his TM progress. I really need to start macro'ing overnight or something, I haven't made any progress on TM in so long.

If rumors are the be believed, you get 5 of each base 6* awakening materials from the new event so for those farming furiously for awakening materials, you can technically just farming 25 in total.

Iceman829

Went for one more "why the heck not" daily pull to try to snag Agrias, but got a Sabin instead. I should have learned by now.

Anyways, it's going to be really f'ing close to see if I can get a full set of awakening materials for Cecil by the end of the FFT event. I might actually throw 100 lapis at a refresh to guarantee he's ready to go first thing. I have no metal cactuars to feed him though, so I guess there really isn't much of a hurry. Any chance we get one of those FP cactuar/gilsnapper events this weekend? I keep having to do FP summons since I'm maxed on FP.

If I can manage to beat the ELT exploration of this next event, with my other two saved trust moogles, I could instantly have barrage.... It's really tempting, but my gut tells me to save them for Dual Wield, since it's such an absolute game changer. My Zidane is sitting somewhere in the 30s as far as his TM progress. I really need to start macro'ing overnight or something, I haven't made any progress on TM in so long.

I think this weekend is the esper crystal event. If you haven't done so already if you have a spare magic key don't forget about the 500 shard chest in the ADV exploration you can nab

yeah man im totally torn!

Im only going to have 8k Auracite so I can

- 6 Star Ramza
- 6 Star Cecil
- Buy Exclusive Materia

:/

Additionally we also have to be careful when upgrading to 6* units we plan to use for the event. A level 20 6* won't do you much good!

Yea, my 6* Delita is sitting here at level 30 like hey guys I can't do shit! I do have like 40 Gigantuars but I plan on using them for Cecil or perhaps getting Tellah to Max level for this event I can't decide.

Kouriozan

Alright, my party is ready for tomorrow's event.
Swapped Chirijiraden on my Lightning, put Aquan Killer, keep Diabolos for Man Eater.
Tellah with Raise and insta-kill Cagnazzo.
CoD with her Man Eater will be useful as well.
WoL for provoking/tanking.
Lenna on healing duty as always.

Dunno who to take for the friend unit on ELT, either maxed 6* Cecil or Lightning probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom