• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caim

I want Prishe and Lilisette but since this game is fueled by nostalgia and the majority of players didn't played XI, much less the expansions, chances are we will never get them :(

Since we have Shantotto I think its only right that we at least get Prishe.

Maat would be amazing too...man now I want to resub.

Outside of Lightning, I would say Tellah will be the most useful for this event by far.

1 boss is an instant KO.

Has weakness to 3 of the 5.

You'll need Raise either way

Unfortunately, I don't have Tellah. I do have Amarant, though, so at least I have a "raise" unit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think ill bring along Amarant as a Tank for this event - i max leveled him a while ago maybe he can shine this event with Raise.

Edit:

Yikes - he has really bad equipment options though LOL.

Kouriozan

We're so late on trials, that the next 2 ones coming will be easily cheesed with all those 6* units we're getting, along the next story update.

I like when I'm pruning my friends list for inactive players.

One of mine has the message "3 DAYS NO ACTIVITY = BOOT"
Last Played: 19d ago

Sure thing!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm really unsure who I should bring as my fifth right now.

1. Buttz - (I could possibly switch him for Garland)... But he can't equip abilities yet. So Garland's bonus to single wield is void since I have Doublehand. So it really comes down to Barrage vs Man-Eater. Buttz had more ult with Transfer and Counter. Auto stock potions too! Woot!!!

My Buttz will have 400Damage Excalibur for this event ^_^

2. Lenna - She my Bae. Only healer I have beside Fina.

3. WoL - I could raise Cecil, but WoL is already maxed, geared, while Cecil is 4*.

4. Tellah(Obvious choice I feel like, Raise + all three elements) - He'll definitely be top dog for this event.

5. Here is where I'm stuck at, choices are
--Chizzy-Chan-- I'll have to drop her down a bit back to Marasaume. Will have the 2nd highest attack, but this doesn't seem a fight she is geared for.
--Artemios-- About 50 less attack than Chizzy, but Man-Eater and the Bow.
--Kefka-- I could bring Kefka and do Ice Chains for bosses 2 and 3

I'm leaning between the bottom two, just because I feel like Magic will be a better choice or Man Eater, than a character who will mostly be relying on pure brutal force.

ExVicis

Hmm yolo pulled and got a second Agrias. Save the queen TM time cut by 50%. I'm ok with this.

NYgToS.gif

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Hmmm... should I try to get 6* Materials for my Cecil in this event or wait for the next one? Would I even be able to get the materials in the next event with an unoptimized 5* party?

Why does mine look the same then?! Unless that's the new icon and I'm just dumb >.>

Nice wall paper. FFBE was the nail in the Mobius coffin for me. I really tried to do both but FFBE is just too damn good right now and I have so much to do within the game that I just don't have time for Mobius. Sad really, but there can only be one.

Ok, so now I'm playing again.

Next event I see replay batted around as a good character to slot in, my Tellah is lame BUT I have a max level garnet, if she covered healing and the raise could I slot in kefka?

Final team would be CoD, Garnet, Kefka, Cecil, with a final flex for either chizuru, Bartz, or Firion.

All of them are max level. I do have a WoL but he is still 4* (just got him)

EDarkness

So in this new event, do 6* mats only drop in the highest difficulty or can we run the Pro version to get what we need? I don't want to miss out on updating Cecil just because I can't do Elite. I can still buy mats from the current event and I want to take advantage of that if I can.

Lyrian

Hate the Halloween interface - cheapens the game

Just wait until Christmas :)

Halloween interface is acceptable because Halloween = Best Holiday.

Full stop. Period. End of Discussion. I can't hear you, lalalalalala

Another four star max pull today, concluding yet another trash banner for me. Grand total: 2 Mustadios and a crapload of trash.

Someday, I'd like to live the mystical dream of actually pulling a real 4 or 5 star unit on banner. (My WoL is my lone rainbow, which was an off-banner pull.)

Love FF4 (duh, if anyone hasn't figured that out by now). Might actually drop an 11 on this banner for a change. I'm going to start channeling Chilly if I don't have a Cecil by the last day of the banner....

Sorry, shintoki. Looks like a 2 week Halloween Mog King event is going to start next Friday (which makes perfect sense timing-wise). Halloween Rain and Lasswell are probably going to be split between two weekly banners for them, as they are 5* bases each.

RIP those FFBF dreams let again.

Lyrian

Trying to decide whether to make a run at one more expensive summon ticket, or spend the day on the Awakening chamber. Would like to get the SC I need to awakening Agrias and start leveling her to MAX. Have a feeling that the event is going to make minced meat of my group.

Thoughts?

I'd vote ticket. Awakening chamber will always be available in the future. Farming currency for the ticket will be impossible after today.

Dusky

So is it likely that the Halloween units will only be available during a limited time, during the event? Or is it possible they'll still be available after?

Lyrian

Not gonna lie, this last banner has made me super wary about an 11-pull. Pulled one per day for the entire event (14?) and landed exactly one Mustadio.

¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

Barely did better than you, and that was only because I pulled 2 Mustadios along with all of my trash :/

Lyrian

So is it likely that the Halloween units will only be available during a limited time, during the event? Or is it possible they'll still be available after?

99.9999999999999999999999999999999% (give or take) chance only available during the Halloween event.

ExVicis

I'm sorry :-(

Oh how awesome it would be if you could gift a unit to another user one a once a month basis or something.
Eh it's not your fault, just having not gotten either Ramza or Agrias this b anner and having 5k Lapis I'm really tempted to just 11 pull right now and not give a damn. Trying to stay strong but the temptation is hard to ignore.

Razmos

Its pretty evil to have 2 5* base units on a banner that will only be here a week or so.

Speaking of those units though: Apparently Demon Rain is a tank who focuses on counters, who gets stronger as his health drops. Vampire Lasswell is a physical attacker with high dodge, massively decreased chance to be targeted by enemies and some status/AoE abilities. Witch Fina is a healer with some offensive white magic with built in Undead Killer, and Black Cat Lid is... there to be 3* fodder

ExVicis

What's that? No Tilith until at last 3 weeks from now? Alright guys the 11-pull temptation is starting to win. Think I might cave.

Ok, I got all the summon tickets from the Moogle King, what should I blow the rest of my Auracite on guys? Star Quartz? Or items to make the Kitana? I feel like the kitana would be more beneficial but I'm sure some awesome stuff will come out you need Star Quartz for so not sure which to go with. Too bad I didn't have enough time to play to earn enough for all of it ;p At least I got my Rank to 50! 60NRG is really nice, I'll be able to get 4 15NRG runs in at full charge now.

tariniel

What esper is best to set on Lightning for tomorrows event for friends? Right now she has Diablos for man-eater, but default would be Ifrit otherwise.

Also out of curiosity... does anyone have the Esper achievement completely done? It seems like it would take an eternity. Where's our auto-esper thing?

Ok, I got all the summon tickets from the Moogle King, what should I blow the rest of my Auracite on guys? Star Quartz? Or items to make the Kitana? I feel like the kitana would be more beneficial but I'm sure some awesome stuff will come out you need Star Quartz for so not sure which to go with. Too bad I didn't have enough time to play to earn enough for all of it ;p At least I got my Rank to 50! 60NRG is really nice, I'll be able to get 4 15NRG runs in at full charge now.

I've read that the sword is currently the best Katana in the game excluding TMR weapons, so if you have a unit that can use it and don't want to rely on TM weapons, absolutely go for that if possible. Otherwise, grab the quartz and whatever remaining auracite you have you can spend on some extra 6* mats or on the shield maybe.

Lyrian

TFW when you bring a backup battery for your phone to play FFBE....

.... but you forget to bring the power brick to power your work laptop....

Priorities, I have them.

Zunja

Finally finish Chiri sword before the events end. Then I find out that in the next event people say to not use the sword lol.. Well it'll still be good. Really really hoping I get a Cecil he'd fit perfectly into my team right now.

I've read that the sword is currently the best Katana in the game excluding TMR weapons, so if you have a unit that can use it and don't want to rely on TM weapons, absolutely go for that if possible. Otherwise, grab the quartz and whatever remaining auracite you have you can spend on some extra 6* mats or on the shield maybe.

Yeah it's pretty good, I just wanted to make sure the Star Quartz wasn't a more valuable commodity based on something coming up. The shield isn't worth it IMO and I bet the units that will eventually get 6* that I have will use different mats so I'm not concerned with that stuff.

Nvm, found it. 3,700 for kitana mats and 1,100 for SQ. I might actually be able to do both in time...maybe. Perhaps I should attempt Elite with Lightning friends, I've just been doing Pro since I can mindlessly auto attack my way through.

EDarkness

Where do we get the 6 star materials in the next event? Am I better off getting them in this one?

That's what I've been trying to figure out. I'm still getting the mats from the current event, but I'm trying to figure out how hard I should be delving into it. I'm pretty worn out running these same two missions over and over, but I'll do it if I have to in order to get the mats.

Iceman829

In one way I'm sad this event is going away tomorrow, but I think at the end of the day I was able to get what I needed out of it and powered my squad up well.

Leveled up a bunch of units to max - Tellah, Celes, Locke, Lenna, Laswell, Rain, Kuja & #2 Kefka (lvl 40/80)
Powered up my espers - Ifrit (was already 40), Golem 40, Ramuh 40, Siren 37, Diablos 35, Shiva 34
Built another 3 Hero's Rings from the materials I farmed
Ranked up a bunch

I'll do the normal strategy of letting the superman teams run the extremely difficult stages in the next event to map out a strategy for my squad, but I'm overall happy going forward. I can level up CoD to 6* whenever that update arrives and hopefully I pull a good unit the next time I toss my saved up lapis and tickets at an event.

Razmos

Im not seeing NODES in the event pictures

Just one time chests

So I dont think this event is farmable. You complete it once and then you are done
Which is a blessing really since we could all do with a break after the Auracite event and before what I assume is going to be a grindy halloween

Dusky

99.9999999999999999999999999999999% (give or take) chance only available during the Halloween event.

Hmmmm. Well here's hoping we can pull them with event currency or something because there's no way I'm pulling that from summons lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom