• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank GOD this event is one and done. I have to level Cecil now and get back in TM running...the best part of this event I will say however is the music and the transforming bosses....nostalgia!

Yeah, this one and done event is a great break before the most likely grindy Halloween event. Now I'm not sure what I want to work on though lol. Probably work on my last 5% for my Excalibur then I'm not sure. I'm already missing the Rank EXP though. Hope the Halloween event will have something close to that Energy/Rank EXP ratio.

Kouriozan

However, my PRI account has new life with it's brand new Cecil this morning.
Told you desir sensor is real, when you don't want/need a tank, boom your primary account gets one.

Personally not going to try to get a second one, since my first Cecil took 23 tickets T-T

Valentus

Amazon is returning 10% of coins purchased this week.

So, if you buy 18000 lapis for 81 dollars (19% discount) Amazon also Will returning you 1000 coins, worth of 1500 more lapis.

In the end, you can get 19500 lapis for 81 dollars

CCIE

Banned
I'll have to see if running PRO solo with Lightning will get me more SC. Getting HC in spades, but not too much SC this morning. Going to have to spend a good amount of energy farming SC the next few days on my ALT account.

So glad to know that one day in I'm basically done with this banner.

Daily pull - Rosa

I try to not use tickets but for some reason I was feeling good about it today.

Ticket #1 - Rosa
Ticket #2 - Penelo *cries*
Ticket #3 - Cecil

Yup, I'm done. Finally got Cecil. :)

robotuw

For those min-maxing TM farmers out there. Babel BGN is only 3 NRG and counts as a vortex, so now you can actually gain a little NRG from the vortex daily quest. A whole 6 NRG I know, but every bit helps and the event lasts 2 weeks so that's 84 more NRG total.

Rixa

Got Golbez to around 25%. Kinda sucks when it Paralyzed all the party except Lenna, after that turn it was rip rip rip turn.

I might switch Kefka to CoD, I just need to level Diabolos.

Oh okay sweet! I guess I'll do that and just max him at 3*.

I thought 3* would mean he's horrible lol but I can put in some new members and replace Mustadio.
Nope! Although the top characters each banner now only drop at a higher star rank for the most part, there are some great units that drop at 3* from earlier days like Cecil. Getting them at a lower star rank just means more work to get them maxed but we love it if they drop at a lower star rank because it's exponentially more likely to drop for you than a 5* haha That Ramza pull you got is tough to get, there are people in here that have never received a rainbow crystal drop, period.

BTW, when it comes to sharing one of your units with friends, you can lock the unit you select to share so it doesn't change if you jump between parties/swap units around.
Okay, the turtle looking boss on PRO - I get him down to basically nothing on the first turn, but my second round of attacks do NOTHING, and then he wipes me out.

Frustrating
When he did that change I changed to physical attacks and just auto'd him down since he was nearly dead ha
Just dispel.
DERP how did I not notice this? I suppose because he was nearly dead so I just did a quick auto burst.
They could at least give us enough mat for one 6* awakening, sad we gotta wait for the next event.
Yeah... I used Auracite to buy two of the mat that ExDeath needs 20 of....going to need plenty more of those!
Anyone have any tips for B-5? It's a nightmare!

Tank! Just have your tank defend to use cover and you shouldn't have any problems.

tariniel

Im most likely going to use this week to beef up my team and collect a few things im behind on

THEN ill run through the event

Yeah I'm looking forward to clearing up some old stuff as well. Lots of zones even on the previous continent still have "NEW" flashing because I never did the exploration. Looking forward to getting all of that done.

I couldn't help myself and spent 4 tickets: 4* Gaffgarion, 4* Lani, 3* Edge, 3* Cyan. Could have been worse. At least Gaffgarion has some TM value.. Still have 12 tickets that I'll hold onto for the future.

Exvius Wiki goes down during every event update :(

I was able to one shot the event. Proper planning went a really long way in this one. Overall I'm glad it's a one and done event so I can focus on other things like TM farming. My Zidane is at 65% now!

tuffymon

So happy I can focus on TM farming and finishing the last couple of areas off... I just couldn't dedicate any of the energy towards anything but events lately... feels good, but weird.

For the first time in a while I had no idea what to spend my NRG on so ended up just doing the Crystal caves to quickly burn it before work haha Perfect time to start TM farming.

Speaking of, another Memu question, sorry! I was going to start it last night but panicked when it said it was going to override my save data for my account. How do I properly swap between Memu and my phone so I don't lose my data?

Iceman829

So how does Lightning perform anyways. Clearly even one beastly Lightning cant wipe the floor with the bosses since they just have too much HP right?

Trying to come up with what support team i need to be able to plow through

She performs well, but not like the previous event where an OP Lightning could solo the event. I'm trying to remember correctly the damage numbers... I think Ice blade was doing like 30k x2 (not sure if this sounds right). I was running CoD, Chizuru, Tellah, Lenna and WoL as a reference. I ran into the problem of needing dispell and couldn't put the turtle down in time. I had to use a few phoenix downs after 3 members got killed after an aoe attack 1 round. I really didn't want to burn through supplies and figured it was better to just call it quits and regroup

I'll have to see if running PRO solo with Lightning will get me more SC. Getting HC in spades, but not too much SC this morning. Going to have to spend a good amount of energy farming SC the next few days on my ALT account.

If having a Locke friend will help with the drops I can switch my leader for you. I believe I'm friends with your alt

Dial up GAF is the worst. Bored at work, but nothing is moving on here

Dude these story mission are no joke

Typhon damn near wiped me

Its crazy how much tougher the bosses are than the enemies that proceed them

I may just have to leave the characters I need to level on the back burner and use vortex/cactuars

Pretty much getting to the point of always needing your A team in the game now

tariniel

Dude these story mission are no joke

Typhon damn near wiped me

Its crazy how much tougher the bosses are than the enemies that proceed them

I may just have to leave the characters I need to level on the back burner and use vortex/cactuars

Pretty much getting to the point of always needing your A team in the game now

What I did was take my leveling team to all except the boss mission in each dungeon, then take the A team for that one. I made that mistake too and lost with my EXP team. I used the wiki to know which one would be the boss mission because it's not always obvious and there was one if I remember right where the boss was on the 4th instead of the 5th mission.

Explorations are similar, the mobs going through are easy then the boss at the end will mess you up if you don't have at least a few units that can take care of it.

tuffymon

If I recall right, with double weakness (fire/human etc), I did 70k x 2 on scarm with a 426? Lightning. Using 2 Lightnings and a Chizzy barrage with cheer active was 75~% of his hp, and I took it hard in response. I'd try to slow the damage down before the 50% barrier and go all out.

God dial up GAF is real today >.<

I wonder if there is a coloration between summon tickets and just regular lapis summons. I seem to recall getting a good number of my better units using tickets...

Pejo

Ooof, thought since I had a 565 Lightning friend I could cruise right by the Pro dungeon for the event, then I tried Ice Blitzing Cagnazzo - Did not go well. I didn't one shot him, so he put up that ridiculous buff and I didnt' even notice what it did. My second round lightning did like 1400 dmg total, and he ate my units that actually had dispel and proceeded to crush me over the next 2 rounds. Feels bad, but it's only 10 NRG wasted. Next time I will actually pay attention on that fight, haha.

I'm torn if I want to try an 11-pull for DKC. Probably won't, but it's going to be tough.

CCIE

Banned
So the PRO Awakening Dungeon has quite a few materials we haven't seen yet. I think that awakening 5* isn't going to be as easy in the future. Rydia has the COOLEST looking sprite at 5*. I love the misty dragon form that looms above her in the background.

Seriously, the coolest.

Believe it or not, I've yet to pull her on my ALT account, which is a shame. Need a mage that can wear robes on my team. Would prefer to run her over ExDeath at this point in time.

And Square FINALLY got smart - put the FFIV mobile app on sale during the event. I'm going to buy it for my phone. Nostalgia and all that.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Amazon is returning 10% of coins purchased this week.

So, if you buy 18000 lapis for 81 dollars (19% discount) Amazon also Will returning you 1000 coins, worth of 1500 more lapis.

In the end, you can get 19500 lapis for 81 dollars

P.S.

You should add me.

077 602 847

Ooof, thought since I had a 565 Lightning friend I could cruise right by the Pro dungeon for the event, then I tried Ice Blitzing Cagnazzo - Did not go well. I didn't one shot him, so he put up that ridiculous buff and I didnt' even notice what it did. My second round lightning did like 1400 dmg total, and he ate my units that actually had dispel and proceeded to crush me over the next 2 rounds. Feels bad, but it's only 10 NRG wasted. Next time I will actually pay attention on that fight, haha.

I'm torn if I want to try an 11-pull for DKC. Probably won't, but it's going to be tough.

Why not see how the dallies treat you and think about it again on Thursday? Interested to see what the next banner will be, FFBE or FFXIII. Think about what you want out of a DKC!

Oh and you can see the two moons behind Cecil in his 6* Sprite, so cool!

Kouriozan

Finally reached ADV S-5 colosseum, almost died to Frost Dragon, Lightning was the last one alive and lucky'd with a blind proc with Shining Splendor.
Think I'll need to awake Cecil to 6* ASAP.

bryt

Ugh, Golbez seems like such an RNG fight with the paralyze/death. If he paralyzes 5/6 characters I automatically lose. Best I've gotten him to is 10% when he only paralyzed 4/6 characters, but his death killed my Kefka and Tellah and that was RIP.

Man, I did another 11 pull just because i want some more Cecils and again I didn't get a single one. Good lord. More FF9 garbage. Gumi you are giving me the wrong rate ups!!! Maybe I should just be content with Excalibur x2-3.

tariniel

So the PRO Awakening Dungeon has quite a few materials we haven't seen yet. I think that awakening 5* isn't going to be as easy in the future. Rydia has the COOLEST looking sprite at 5*. I love the misty dragon form that looms above her in the background.

Seriously, the coolest.

Believe it or not, I've yet to pull her on my ALT account, which is a shame. Need a mage that can wear robes on my team. Would prefer to run her over ExDeath at this point in time.

And Square FINALLY got smart - put the FFIV mobile app on sale during the event. I'm going to buy it for my phone. Nostalgia and all that.

Once upon a time I had 4 Rydias, I was running out of unit space and saw she was only 4* max so instead of keeping at least 1 I sold them all. Feels bad.

At least I kept 1 Kain around for the TM.

tariniel

Where's the best place to level up limit breaks?

I saved this for later whenever I want to get to it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/51mecy/easy_lb_leveling_for_healingbuff_units/

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55pffg/guide_for_leveling_cecils_lb_situational/

There's a few other methods around too but most of them involve the headstone enemies in various areas. Personally I'm going to farm the LB for Cecil while doing the TM grind. If I get the TM first and still need more LB (likely) then I'll use that thread to try it.

Edit: Sorry for posting 2x I meant to edit my first one.

Kouriozan

Man, I did another 11 pull just because i want some more Cecils and again I didn't get a single one. Good lord. More FF9 garbage. Gumi you are giving me the wrong rate ups!!! Maybe I should just be content with Excalibur x2-3.
Cecil rates seems to be low or we're both unlucky.
At least I got one >.<

Pejo

Why not see how the dallies treat you and think about it again on Thursday? Interested to see what the next banner will be, FFBE or FFXIII. Think about what you want out of a DKC!

Oh and you can see the two moons behind Cecil in his 6* Sprite, so cool!

Yea, I might do dailies plus a few tickets to see if RNGesus blesses me, first. I really just need a unit with absurdly high attack. I'm nearing the final stretch of my first barrage TM, and I really would like an OP unit to throw it on. Right now I have Fencer who is still pretty high up on the list, but DKC would just give that extra oomph with his base attack.

Also, FFIV is my favorite FF, and I'd really like a Rosa and DKC just for that reason.

And yes, that Moon thing is badass. When I 6*'d Cecil this morning, it was the first time I had ever seen his animations and stuff. Really like how flashy it is. Also can't wait to get Rydia to 5* for that mist dragon aura.

Where's the best place to level up limit breaks?

Allow me to share MY plan

I currently and doing TM/LB simultaneously

This requires the use of a Macro program so you can stop reading here if you dont plan on using one

- Setup up Earth Shrine exit with Single target on the first two fights and Auto-Limit Burst on in the settings.

- Once I have Auto Limit TM's from my CoD's I plan to set that on the units I want to LB farm

Combination of Single Target (usually 4 enemies) and Auto Limit should edge whatever Unit I use to get a guaranteed LB XP for each TM run. Thats around 10k LB XP if Im farming their TM from 1-100 but I dont stop there

During your dailies, stories, Vortex, explorations. Bring your LB unit around to speed things up (if you can afford to)

If you arent gonna suppliment with Macros then you want to go in heavy on LB pot events, use that unit in Exploration maps (either for events or whatever else) and make sure not to awaken them until they max out.

LB farming is a bitch but Enchanted Maze (assuming it comes around a bunch) helps

CCIE

Banned
I really want Rydia to pair with Garnet on my ALT ... Running the Awakening PRO this morning with both my ALT and PRI. Want to get enough unique 5* mats that I don't have to come back here for awhile. Awakened Rydia to 5* on my PRI account, and it feels good. Kain is next.

Then I will just run TM for awhile.

On my ALT account, I will just run the Awakening Vortex all day long. Need a ton of SC to awaken Bartz, CoD, 2x ExDeath, Locke, Agrias, and also Kain. Then I will start trying to catch up on the story. Will run TMR all night, and most of the weekend as well. Have to set up two scripts now on my laptop. I guess I will run something in a W10 VM for the PRI account.

I really want Rydia to pair with Garnet on my ALT ... Running the Awakening PRO this morning with both my ALT and PRI. Want to get enough unique 5* mats that I don't have to come back here for awhile. Awakened Rydia to 5* on my PRI account, and it feels good. Kain is next.

Then I will just run TM for awhile.

On my ALT account, I will just run the Awakening Vortex all day long. Need a ton of SC to awaken Bartz, CoD, 2x ExDeath, Locke, Agrias, and also Kain. Then I will start trying to catch up on the story. Will run TMR all night, and most of the weekend as well. Have to set up two scripts now on my laptop. I guess I will run something in a W10 VM for the PRI account.

Damn. Is it even worth playing two accounts at this point? That sounds like a full time job.

Valentus

So, if you are not using tms take in mind that you HAVE TO USE ITEMS. You can be very Lucky Of not using it but a normal party should use ítems.

Scarmiglione: fire weakness. Attack it without taking his hp under 50% or he Will transformación and fuck you hard. In the second attack you must know kill it.

Rubicante: ice and water weak. Same as sacarmigione but you can barfira or barfiraga ig you have a cerius

Cagnazzo: ice weak. You can fuck him in turn one. When he transform he wont attack but his defense Will rise very very high. Just dispel him and fuck him again

Barbariccia: stone and holy weak. Same as scarmiglione.

Golbeza: i dont study a path for him. Just equipped diábolos on kain and killed it with 2 jumps.

CCIE

Banned
It isn't bad to play two accounts, except when doing dailies... They both have more than five hours before the energy bar fills up. Now, during the events that are grind heavy I may have to make some tough decisions.

The interesting part will be scripting two TMR sessions at once. Not sure how that is going to work quite yet.

Muku

This game is master at trolling. Do my daily pull on my main.... blue. Cool, maybe it'll be Ceci... WTF Mustadio? Urgh. I use my daily ticket because why not. Cecil is going to be easy to pull, right? Blue crystal.... pops to yellow crystal..... Fran. WTF. I hate you so much troll crystals. So, so much.

Daily pull on alt is Galuf. Urgh.

Valentus

Because I can!!!! I want Cecils I want an army of them! AN ARMY!!!! I could do 2 more but I think I am out. I don't care about the Halloween units though so I dunno.

Something like this?

screenshot_2016-10-14zbzjt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom