• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Yeah.... I'm not going through the Rydia grind with Cecil.

I'll get through the 3* LB levels, and then straight off to 6* with him.

5* Rydia LBs are strictly 3k pot territory only. It would take months to manually grind LB level 16 one painful point at a time (4* level 14 is already excruciatingly painful, let alone 15 still to go).

WHOOOO!!!

Trust Moogle GET

Thank you Nomidor. Your Lightning is ridiculous!!

RNG was way more on my side this time since his death only dropped 2 of my guys

Razmos

Finally got Full Break on my Agrias. Managed to easily beat a colloseum boss that wiped me last time, and managed to get Brachiosaur down to less than half health.

Can't wait to replace my Cloud of Darkness with Ramza.

desverger

Welp

Just lost to Golbez

Dude that guy is a monster. If Lightning goes down to death its all over. I think I messed up by not trying to get all the paralysis and shit cured after the first volley but I wasnt confident i would survive another turn from that asshole lol

Yep, you really need to get back to full operating capacity after the paralyze lands. If you still have someone paralyzed when death hits, you are screwed :p

Anyway, grats!

Wow, Barbariccia gave you a lot of trouble. I think I used one Crushing Blow from your Lightning and it almost oneshot her.

Also, your video shows how funny it is when you take Golbez below 50% on your first turn and get hit with both the AoE paralyze AND AoE death at the same turn xD

Valentus

Yep, you really need to get back to full operating capacity after the paralyze lands. If you still have someone paralyzed when death hits, you are screwed :p

Anyway, grats!

Wow, Barbariccia gave you a lot of trouble. I think I used one Crushing Blow from your Lightning and it almost oneshot her.

Also, your video shows how funny it is when you take Golbez below 50% on your first turn and get hit with both the AoE paralyze AND AoE death at the same turn xD

It wasnt in the same turn, it happens that i take his HP down to 50% and it triggered AoE Paralysis (70% chance) and palsy 3 members and the other 2 died. Then next turn Kain attacked with his jump damaging golbez down to 30% and my turn ended because kain that turn attacks with the jump and the turn ended, and it triggered golbez AoE Death (50% chance).

Yeah, a made a mistake not dispelling Barbariccia, but even with that mistake, it wasnt hard with a support party and a OP lightning friend.

There's no excuse, all Gaf must complete this trial.

Rixa

Do we have new units in Troll Rainbow Membership Club (TRMC)?
Kain & Rydia might now be in Rainbow pool? Kain is nice 5* but if one happens to pull him or Rydia as 5* *ouch* :(. Not exactly what one hopes to get as Rainbow.

Obviously same goes later to Krile & Maria...

desverger

It wasnt in the same turn, it happens that i take his HP down to 50% and it triggered AoE Paralysis (70% chance) and palsy 3 members and the other 2 died. Then next turn Kain attacked with his jump damaging golbez down to 30% and my turn ended because kain that turn attacks with the jump and the turn ended, and it triggered golbez AoE Death (50% chance).

Oh right, watched it again - that's what happens.

Anyway, cheers for the video, I'm sure it'll be helpful for someone who's struggling with this event.

RedZaraki

Banned
This banner was good. The event was good.

Did one 11 pull and the notables were:

- Rosa
- Zidane
- Cecil x 2

Really happy with that. And finished the event yesterday too thanks to Maous (sp?) and his beastly Lightning.

Working on leveling up my 5 star Rydia now, and then back to Trust Masteries.

Whales

Banned
Do we have new units in Troll Rainbow Membership Club (TRMC)?
Kain & Rydia might now be in Rainbow pool? Kain is nice 5* but if one happens to pull him or Rydia as 5* *ouch* :(. Not exactly what one hopes to get as Rainbow.

Obviously same goes later to Krile & Maria...

If true, they should make rainbow crystals only drop base 5* units...

I would probably quit if I opened a crystal rainbow just to get a Rydia

c-murph

Celegus

Yeah, a made a mistake not dispelling Barbariccia, but even with that mistake, it wasnt hard with a support party and a OP lightning friend.

Huh, apparently I don't have you on my list yet. 613 905 040 if you get a spot.

Freed up a bunch of spots myself and added myself to the new list.

Rokuren

I've been checking into this read every now and again and figured I'd try and start posting. I guess I'll add myself to the google doc in OP and send some requests out.

Feel free to add me 370,954,183; currently sharing a Tellah and will likely move to Ramza when he hits 100(94).

Pejo

Got my hopes up when I got a gold crystal from the daily, no Rosa though =(. Stinking Sabin.

Did the ELT in a single try last night with a crazy powerful Lightning. Went in with Tellah for Raise kill and magic/backup healing, Lenna for Cheer, Curaja, and status heals, Charlotte as tank for Shellga and/or Bar spells, Fencer for supplemental damage, and Chizuru for supplemental supplemental damage.

Really though, the Crushing Blow did over 50% of Golbez's HP after Cheer + Fencer's def down move, so the only thing I had to watch out for was insta-kill or paralyze for Lightning. She managed to dodge both statuses and killed him easily in the second round.

Only item I used was a tent between the elemental fiends and Golbez.

I'm so happy to be able to farm other stuff now, going to finish out the story and get Diabolos, and then farm Sacred Crystals until halloween starts.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Just totaled up that I'll need 35 sacred crystals for my three Cecils and other units BEFORE I max my three 4* Rosas to 5*. With them it's 65 plus the other nonsense.

So basically I'm going to be in the awakening chamber for a couple weeks. Wish me luck.

Syntsui

Just totaled up that I'll need 35 sacred crystals for my three Cecils and other units BEFORE I max my three 4* Rosas to 5*. With them it's 65 plus the other nonsense.

So basically I'm going to be in the awakening chamber for a couple weeks. Wish me luck.

One week is more than enough.

leehom

I'm still having trouble with Cagnazzo. I have shellga and cheer on, but he kills 4/6 of my team after round 2 when he casts that water spell.

First round I'll cheer/shellga/emperil and attack. Usually gets him down to about 45-50%. Second round he'll do his defensive buff, I'll dispel, heal, attack and it will drop him down to about 20-25% and that's when he'll drop his nuclear water bomb on me and wipe out most of my team. From there I'm screwed and lose the fight.

Should I grab barwatera and craft it?

Andvary

I'm still having trouble with Cagnazzo. I have shellga and cheer on, but he kills 4/6 of my team after round 2 when he casts that water spell.

First round I'll cheer/shellga/emperil and attack. Usually gets him down to about 45-50%. Second round he'll do his defensive buff, I'll dispel, heal, attack and it will drop him down to about 20-25% and that's when he'll drop his nuclear water bomb on me and wipe out most of my team. From there I'm screwed and lose the fight.

You can interrupt his spell, from the wiki:

• "It began collecting water!" - On the turn following, it will cast Tsunami, a major-damage AOE water spell if not interrupted.
  • Casting a lightning spell will interrupt Cagnazzo and remove the buff on the following turn.
  • Casting Dispel will remove the buff immediately and allow Cagnazzo to be interrupted with any element spell. After the dispel, It is still important to interrupt this otherwise he will use Tsunami - an ultra devastating AOE attack that has a good chance to instantly KO all of your party members, and deal massive water damage if not.

leehom

I wish I knew this, thanks! I casted dispel and blizzaga and it never interrupted it before. I guess the trick was to use lightning. I've gotten so close to killing him so many times, but always failed because of tsunami.

Dude you need to hit him with a spell to stop the water bomb

Are you doing all physical?

Andvary

I wish I knew this, thanks! I casted dispel and blizzaga and it never interrupted it before. I guess the trick was to use lightning. I've gotten so close to killing him so many times, but always failed because of tsunami.

No problem =)

I just beat Golbez, my party was WoL, Lenna, Tellah, CoD, Kefka and Lightning (Valentus, thank you!)

First turn I took half his HP, then he killed tellah, paralyzed everyone but CoD and Lenna (jeweled ring).

Second turn Lenna unparalyzed Lightning and then she and CoD finished him up :D

Kouriozan

I wonder if Halloween Fina will be as strong as Refia, I'm really interested about those exclusive units.
Maybe they'll mostly give her Summer Fina skills.

Whales

Banned

This little piece of shit cagnazzo ended my run today, I have no units that have dispel yet, got him down to literally 1hp, he started his protect bullshit and killed me and NOW I discovered I could've used a spell to remove his spell.

Damn it. At least now I know. Thanks a bunch

Xion86

I've been checking into this read every now and again and figured I'd try and start posting. I guess I'll add myself to the google doc in OP and send some requests out.

Feel free to add me 370,954,183; currently sharing a Tellah and will likely move to Ramza when he hits 100(94).

Welcome :) I'll send you a friend request.

Edit: never mind, you already sent one :D

Lyrian

I wonder if Halloween Fina will be as strong as Refia, I'm really interested about those exclusive units.
Maybe they'll mostly give her Summer Fina skills.

I'm curious about Fina as well. "White Witch" has specific connotations, depending on how literal they are with the context in terms of roles, or if simply "White" = she's normally a white mage and "Witch" is simply a typical female Halloween monster.

leehom

I'm raging so hard right now, lol. I finally beat up bulbasuar and got to Golbez for the first time. First round I took off 60% of his health and thought, oh yea boyyy I got this in the bag. He paralyzes 4 out of 6, one of them being Val's lightning :( I should've casted esuana on lightning and go with another finishing blow, that might've killed him. Instead I casted curaja and he wipes out the rest of my team the following two rounds. I'm not happy because I could've went with esuana or unicorn horn (the only item I didn't have equipped out of everything else).

I think by the time I finish ELT, I will have used over 300 nrg =/

To add salt to the injury. I go to coliseum and lose to the wyrms because I had to rearrange my spells for the ELT fight, bartz didn't have baraero on him. Talk about a double whammy, got demoted too.

Lyrian

I'm raging so hard right now, lol. I finally beat up bulbasuar and got to Golbez for the first time. First round I took off 60% of his health and thought, oh yea boyyy I got this in the bag. He paralyzes 4 out of 6, one of them being Val's lightning :( I should've casted esuana on lightning and go with another finishing blow, that might've killed him. Instead I casted curaja and he wipes out the rest of my team the following two rounds. I'm not happy because I could've went with esuana or unicorn horn (the only item I didn't have equipped out of everything else).

I had a moment like this yesterday, on the water demon. Had him down to literally his last pixel of life. He shelled up of course. Thought... it's only a single pixel... AUTO.

That went so... well. /facepalm

Razmos

Right when FF IV event ends, hopefully.
I'm actually thinking it might start while the FFIV event is still ongoing. The FFIV event is such a small one that I could easily see it being active alongside the Halloween event (which looks to be a Tactics style grindfest)

The FFIV event lasts for 2 weeks while the single banner only lasts for a week (unless they repeat the banner but include Kain and Rydia)

So next week the banner is likely going to be the BF or Halloween banners. but I can't imagine them starting the Halloween event on the 28th and running all the way into November, so Halloween seems more likely.

Rokuren

Welcome :) I'll send you a friend request.

Edit: never mind, you already sent one :D

Haha, thanks.

Golbez's abilities suck! borrowing a Lightning with Excalibur,Enhancer, and barrage I managed to get him below 50% in the first turn. Unfortunately 5/6 got paralyzed two died immediately to death including the non-paralyzed unit and got stomped from there. Really wish I hadn't sold that jeweled ring. Going to try again when that Lightning re-pops and hope I have some luck.

CCIE

Banned
I really need to level my Locke - dude makes a HUGE difference when SC farming. I'm just trying to catch up in the story when the chance presents itself. L100 Lightning and four units that need to be leveled after awakening to 5* status. She basically is running solo

Valentus

Haha, thanks.

Golbez's abilities suck! borrowing a Lightning with Excalibur,Enhancer, and barrage I managed to get him below 50% in the first turn. Unfortunately 5/6 got paralyzed two died immediately to death including the non-paralyzed unit and got stomped from there. Really wish I hadn't sold that jeweled ring. Going to try again when that Lightning re-pops and hope I have some luck.

You did what?

WHY
ANYONE
WOULD
DO
THAT???

Whales

Banned
After learning Cagnazzo's gimmick and using items I finally managed to beat pro. Thanks a bunch to Kourio for the lightning carry!

Haha, thanks.

raw

Rokuren

Wooooo! I didn't sell it; I just never got it in the first place. Thankfully that quest shows up near the end of the second continent and not on the first pass of the castle.

I just assumed I sold it since I had a high tendency to sell rings when my equipment got full. I did in fact sell my charm bangle, but that one is not important. With the jeweled ring I may just swap out Lenna for Roselia to get that that team status heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom