• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Daily: Shadow. I had it coming.

Grats on all the Dark Knight Cecils... hope I can get mine to 6* someday. But Paladin Cecil is my #1 priority right now... once more materials become available. I screwed myself by not putting in extra work during the previous event to buy them all. I didn't research enough about it beforehand, and now I have to wait...

Daily: Shadow. I had it coming.

Grats on all the Dark Knight Cecils... hope I can get mine to 6* someday. But Paladin Cecil is my #1 priority right now... once more materials become available. I screwed myself by not putting in extra work during the previous event to buy them all. I didn't research enough about it beforehand, and now I have to wait...

Can't blame you that was a grind. I was stupid early not realizing I could clear elite with the couple of lightning friends I had. Didn't think about it just did pro for tickets quartz and katana and shield. Plus at the time did not have cecil or dk cecil to 6 star. I only had at time 6 star awakable units that were far off. Now regret it but hey hopefully next event since it seems we'll be getting 6 stars pretty much every banner now going forward. Now trying to power through adv col to get blood sword for dk cecil.

mikemandey

So I just came back a few days ago after a two months hiatus (uninstalled the game after spending $100 on my main acc to get Zidane and got nothing but trash lol)

and decided to make an alt acc just for fun and vowed to myself not to spend more money(!).

This is my alt acc's party right now:

LjzxK4w.jpg

I'm think I've used all of my remaining luck here lol.

Now I 'm not sure whether to focus on this alt or the main acc.

My main acc team: 2x CoD, Vaan, Bartz, Lenna. I also have unleveled Cecil, Terra, Kefka,

linkent

Really close to beating Golbez.
Reach last stage but couldnt kill him in 2 turns. his Death kill 5/6 units. T_T
Valentus or anyone with 470atk+ Lightning,
if you have space please add me 415 518 457

Kouriozan

67/70

How?

I have 145/145 for equipment. And I sold a lot of mine.

Material is 140/145 now.

I'm selling all I can craft/buy easily, and keeping only limited items.
First daily pull that delivered in a long time:
Gold troll
Nope! It's a rainbow...

Gratz!
Feels good to get a base 5*, even if it's not top rated you can still get impressive result with some TMs.
DKC enhanced skills are impressive, too.
Now I 'm not sure whether to focus on this alt or the main acc.

My main acc team: 2x CoD, Vaan, Bartz, Lenna. I also have unleveled Cecil, Terra, Kefka,

Should probably focus on your alt while doing TM grind with a script or just collect daily lapis on the main, you never know what it can pull.

All cover skills says the same description, but you dont need to guard. I think the only situation that cover dont trigger is when you do normal attacks.
Does that mean that he can use attack skills, ex RM Barrage, inbetween Provoke / Limit casts and still trigger cover?

Lyrian

NO. One week is not enough, unless you refresh energy. Rosa needs 13 Brilliant Rays. My alt has done PRO 12 times and I have 4 BR. Think again if you really want to raise 3 Rosas to 5*.

See above.

PRO is just a RNG crapshoot. The problem is that because there are so many items on the loot table (any 4* or 5* awakening material, except SC/HC [those are bonus drops]), landing a specific one is a royal pain in the ass. And when you need 13 of a specific item.... welp.

Long term average for a BR is probably in the 0.5 - 0.75 per run zone.

What's even more funny is that the loot table appears to be specifically designed to punish players for bringing Locke into the dungeon.

All the new awakening materials are 4* rarity. Which means that Locke will bias the loot table towards the 5* drops, which are worthless as everyone has been drowning in these since Lanzelt. Further, as SC/HC are bonus drops, Locke doesn't help here either.

Gumi knew exactly what it was doing in creating the loot table for this dungeon.

At 0.5 per run, 26 runs @ 20 energy per = 520 for an average chance. The viable range based on good/bad RNG is likely between 400 - 650 energy spent for one Locke.

In other words, assuming no sleep and devoting all energy to PRO and nothing else, expect to spend 3-4 days farming this. Want to do other things in the game? Then yeah, unless you are ready to toss lapis for energy refills, expect to farm PRO for at least a week for 13 BR.

Valentus

Does that mean that he can use attack skills, ex RM Barrage, inbetween Provoke / Limit casts and still trigger cover?

someone in reddit did a test with WoL and sentinel and the results he gets after testing the same skill 12-15 times each was the following:

Actions which did not prevent Sentinel from triggering:

Guarding (downswipe)
Store
Cure
Alluring Air
Lullaby
Sleep
Deprotect
Barfire
Silence Dance
Banish
Drain
Bio Blaster

Actions which prevented Sentinel from triggering:

Regular Attack (upswipe)
Full Break
Steal
Pilfer
Silence Blade

i can assume then that magic and some physical skills dont prevent sentinel trigger, and most of attacking physical skills (that should include barrage) prevented sentinel for trigger.

H3xum

someone in reddit did a test with WoL and sentinel and the results he gets after testing the same skill 12-15 times each was the following:

i can assume then that magic and some physical skills dont prevent sentinel trigger, and most of attacking physical skills (that should include barrage) prevented sentinel for trigger.

This is the exact info I was looking for, thanks

desverger

Re: Cover abilities.

Remember that the following restrictions are still in effect (taken from https://exviuswiki.com/):

Cover-type abilities do not stack, only the strongest one is active
Will only work against physical damage
Can only triggers once per enemy turn

bonkeng

Guys, I'll be on a business trip to China tomorrow for 3 days or more, FB is blocked there so I might not be able to log in. Please don't delete me. I'll try some vpn, hopefully it works.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

As long as you use skills where he stands still he will be able to guard. So Guard/Cura/Curaja/Provoke etc. are fine. Regular Attacks/Full break etc. where he charges towards the enemy will prevent him from blocking.

Whales

Banned
Gold pull Chizuru from daily today :D. Been getting pretty lucky for this banner.

Got Rosa x2, Cecil, Celes and now Chizuru.

EDIT: But now i've been wondering who I should have in my party. I have Lightning, Cecil, ROsa, Shantotto, Kefka. Then I have Amarant, Chizuru, Mustadio.. I assme I should just switch shantotto with chizuru, right?

NomarTyme

Guys, I'll be on a business trip to China tomorrow for 3 days or more, FB is blocked there so I might not be able to log in. Please don't delete me. I'll try some vpn, hopefully it works.
Good to know. What is your in game name?
Told myself don't pull, even though Cecil or D.Cecil elude me... Gasp a gold! Hi... Sabin. T.T
Got to get a least one Cecil.... good luck!
Think Batman.
Gatcha!

H3xum

So now that I have an actual understanding of how Guard works on my Cecil...

What if I ditched a sword and found an Equip Staff materia and just gave him whatever I have with that has the highest Spirit stat for heals and defense?

Rokuren

As long as you use skills where he stands still he will be able to guard. So Guard/Cura/Curaja/Provoke etc. are fine. Regular Attacks/Full break etc. where he charges towards the enemy will prevent him from blocking.

So I guess the note on the exvius wiki is wrong. That's disappointing.

Since this ability triggers during enemy turn, actions taken during your turn does not impact the chance of triggering

tuffymon

Bonkeng

Thanks, it's nice of you to do that. My limit is 7 days lol. Though some will delete when not online for 24hrs lol.

I usually do 3 days if its a non-Gaffer, about 5 if it is... Theirs more than enough Gaf members that want the spots. Being told that you won't be around however, I'll gladly give anyone who mentions being away more time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Hmm..i dont know about that - they are likely right but in my experience when Cecil/Charlotte/WoL he moves on your turn he wont guard friends on the next round.

Kouriozan

Theirs more than enough Gaf members that want the spots.

That's why it's important people state they are from GAF in their comment, I'm willing to remove randoms for GAFer even if they are very active.

Just look how full of active players I am :

C2ePJz3.png

Random (?) with 5 days, 2 at 18/19 hours and everyone else are under 12 hours, crazy!

desverger

So now that I have an actual understanding of how Guard works on my Cecil...

What if I ditched a sword and found an Equip Staff materia and just gave him whatever I have with that has the highest Spirit stat for heals and defense?

That's what some people have done. Do note however that the amount of effect SPR has for example heals is quite neglible. You can decide for yourself if it's worth it.

Oh and I kicked a few Korean players and have some slots open...

Add away!

Sent you a request.

Syntsui

Wow, this REALLY sucks. So using his most useful skill prevents him from activating another of his most useful skill.

Hmm..i dont know about that - they are likely right but in my experience when Cecil/Charlotte/WoL he moves on your turn he wont guard friends on the next round.

At the very least this isn't the case with Mirage. I've had Cecil consistently protect others whilst "mirage'd" on many occasions. Like you said, must be situational.

Rixa

PRO is just a RNG crapshoot. The problem is that because there are so many items on the loot table (any 4* or 5* awakening material, except SC/HC [those are bonus drops]), landing a specific one is a royal pain in the ass. And when you need 13 of a specific item.... welp.

Long term average for a BR is probably in the 0.5 - 0.75 per run zone.

What's even more funny is that the loot table appears to be specifically designed to punish players for bringing Locke into the dungeon.

All the new awakening materials are 4* rarity. Which means that Locke will bias the loot table towards the 5* drops, which are worthless as everyone has been drowning in these since Lanzelt. Further, as SC/HC are bonus drops, Locke doesn't help here either.

Gumi knew exactly what it was doing in creating the loot table for this dungeon.

At 0.5 per run, 26 runs @ 20 energy per = 520 for an average chance. The viable range based on good/bad RNG is likely between 400 - 650 energy spent for one Locke.

In other words, assuming no sleep and devoting all energy to PRO and nothing else, expect to spend 3-4 days farming this. Want to do other things in the game? Then yeah, unless you are ready to toss lapis for energy refills, expect to farm PRO for at least a week for 13 BR.
Thanks for the breakdown, always nice to read these. Also if one needs other mats too, its better to run 20 PRO rather than 10 INT. One never knows where one might need those PRO mats in the future.

PRO tip(TM) Add some info to player message info box like "Trip at dd.mm - dd.mm, dont delete me."

Lyrian

Can I haz your stuff?

Oh wait, wrong game.

You're fine. I don't nuke active gaffers, and even then I tend to give 8-10 days before pulling the trigger on them.

The wikis are often inaccurate and sometimes outright incorrect on anything that doesn't directly involve killing things. I often read the wiki with a shaker full of salt in mind, but the wiki is generally pointed in the right direction in most situations, even if it is not accurate all the time.

Razmos

I hate Rosa so much, probably the lamest character in FFIV with the possible exception of Edward, ugly sprites in every game she's been in and now I hear she's a special snowflake with her own awakening materials who's impossible to awaken lol. And all the other healers can do what she can do and sometimes better. Even the banner announcement has her only gimmick being that she can attack with her bow, wow, such power.

If I pulled her I'd probably be as disappointed as if I had pulled a Bedile.

Syntsui

I hate Rosa so much, probably the lamest character in FFIV with the possible exception of Edward, ugly sprites in every game she's been in and now I hear she's a special snowflake with her own awakening materials who's impossible to awaken lol. And all the other healers can do what she can do and sometimes better. Even the banner announcement has her only gimmick being that she can attack with her bow, wow, such power.

If I pulled her I'd probably be as disappointed as if I had pulled a Bedile.

You heard a lot of shit, she is really good. In some occasions even better than Lenna. She will be surpassed easily, but she is far from lame.

CCIE

Banned
Daily pull Cyan on both accounts. Think I'm done with this banner. Rydia still eludes me on my ALT. Want to team her with Garnet for Esper greatness.

Still have 14K auracite, and no idea which Awakening mats to spend it on. Tick tock - will need to figure it out by tomorrow. No 6* pull to make the decision easier either. Still leveling Cecil's LB

Rixa

I like this :). Wont kick he/she from friendlist. As far as I know was first in GL to get rank 100 (with uber Firion at that time and still 472 ATK).

Screenshot_20161016-200439.png

Does JShackles still play the game?

Xion86

Okay think I'm stopping getting Esper crystals now, had a huge boost though to my levels which is good. Onto getting Cecil to 6 Stars!

Rixa

Alt had stuff ready from Auracite event for Shiva:

40 Violet Magecites and 55 Violet Megacites gets Shiva from 1/30 to 27/30 level.

OK, I don't think I can even reach Barbariccia (or however they spelt her name this time) in pro, let alone Golbez in elite. I'm a huge FFIV fan and I'll be quite bummed if I can't at least add them to the bestiary, though. Anyone playing the Japanese version knows if event-only enemies tend to reappear later on?

Muku

My main account.. I swear. GAF says to keep at it because I'll get a Cecil, but I highly doubt it. Today I was given Shanttoto. I guess good for Trust, but ugh. Now it's Sabin on my alt. My alt has Cecil as of yesterday so that's cool... but my main... no love.

My dailies this week have been pretty decent

2 3* Cecil's and a 4* firion (my second firion and second/third Cecils)

Still not anything I didn't already have BUT a hell of a lot better then another Penelo/shadow/galuf/fran

Daily pull Cyan on both accounts. Think I'm done with this banner. Rydia still eludes me on my ALT. Want to team her with Garnet for Esper greatness.

Still have 14K auracite, and no idea which Awakening mats to spend it on. Tick tock - will need to figure it out by tomorrow. No 6* pull to make the decision easier either. Still leveling Cecil's LB

Well who's next to be available for 6* unlock? Snow? lol I guess the Halloween characters maybe.

Added you my fellow Ramza bro! User is Kirito.

Accepted!

Added! i'm Syn. Thanks for the spot :p

Accepted!

My dailies this week have been pretty decent

2 3* Cecil's and a 4* firion (my second firion and second/third Cecils)

Still not anything I didn't already have BUT a hell of a lot better then another Penelo/shadow/galuf/fran

My kingdom for a Firion, FUCK MY LIFE

OK, I don't think I can even reach Barbariccia (or however they spelt her name this time) in pro, let alone Golbez in elite. I'm a huge FFIV fan and I'll be quite bummed if I can't at least add them to the bestiary, though. Anyone playing the Japanese version knows if event-only enemies tend to reappear later on?
None have reappeared so far.

Celegus

I've kinda hit in a wall at the ADV A-4 boss. Bone Dragon... probably really easy for most people since revive is autokill, but one of us doesn't have that. Doing it the hard way isn't working out so well, he's got so much health.

Rixa

I've kinda hit in a wall at the ADV A-4 boss. Bone Dragon... probably really easy for most people since revive is autokill, but one of us doesn't have that. Doing it the hard way isn't working out so well, he's got so much health.

Use Phoenix Down.

Whales

Banned

pheonix down?

edit: beaten

edit2: welp just learned you actually cant use items. Good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom