• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

just realized blade mastery is freaking good lol... I thought it raised a katana's damage by 50% ( ex: a 60dmg katana would go to 90dmg). Now that I read properly it increases the whole damage by 50%.... that's a lot

Any good katanas in the game beside the murasame?

thats not how percentual modifiers work.

The percentual modifier increases the base damage of the unit.

For example: Chizuru base ATK at lvl 80 is 120.

If you equip her blade mastery, ATK+20% materia, 2 hero rings, and sakurafubuki, the final DMG of chizuru should be:

120 (base atk)
24 ((120*0,2) ATK+20% passive ability gained at lvl 6)
24 (120*0,2) ATK+20% materia)
12 ((120*0,1) Hero ring 1)
12 ((120*0,1) Hero ring 2)
60 ((120*0,5) Blade Mastery materia)
98 (ATK of sakurafubuki)

Total ATK: 350

Whales

Banned
WELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT US TO DO FOR GODS SAKE

Was just wondering, I saw that king mog sold those mats, I thought the stuff he sold was always there every event and all that changed was basically what you had to farm for to buy them

thats not how percentual modifiers work.

The percentual modifier increases the base damage of the unit.

For example: Chizuru base ATK at lvl 80 is 120.

If you equip her blade mastery, ATK+20% materia, 2 hero rings, and sakurafubuki, the final DMG of chizuru should be:

120 (base atk)
24 ((120*0,2) ATK+20% passive ability gained at lvl 6)
24 (120*0,2) ATK+20% materia)
12 ((120*0,1) Hero ring 1)
12 ((120*0,1) Hero ring 2)
60 ((120*0,5) Blade Mastery materia)
98 (ATK of sakurafubuki)

Total ATK: 350

Oh I see... Still that's pretty freaking good. Thanks for the breakdown!

Golbez down! Valentus' Lightning survived his final onslaught of death / paralysis and killed him with crushing blow. Thanks for all the help!!

Now I need to somehow beat brachiosaur (however it's spelled lol) and get my artemios a good bow.

tuffymon

What kind of computer do you guys have?

I have zero slow down, I think memu works better than nox. Then again, my two facebook computers are i7, 16gb ram, ssd's, and a 970 gtx and 1060 gtx.

Let's see... Mine is way more dated, but I have a I7-2600 cpu @ 3.4 GHz, 8 gigs of ram, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti.

leehom

Let's see... Mine is way more dated, but I have a I7-2600 cpu @ 3.4 GHz, 8 gigs of ram, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti.

You need to upgrade that video card pronto. Everything else looks good. Spend $120 for a 950 gtx or $200 for a 1060 gtx or rx 480.

If that's too expensive, look on craigslist. There should be some people selling previous generation video cards pretty discounted since the next gens came out recently.

Whales

Banned
You need to upgrade that video card pronto. Everything else looks good. Spend $120 for a 950 gtx or $200 for a 1060 gtx or rx 480.

If that's too expensive, look on craigslist. There should be some people selling previous generation video cards pretty discounted since the next gens came out recently.

The comp I use to run Memu overnight has a gtx 760 and I haven't noticed any slowdowns at all

Could get that for real cheap probably

NomarTyme

Running Memu no problem. i5 Ivy bridge cpu with 16gb of ram and ssd. Using onboard graphic card.

I don't think graphic card is really that important. I think CPU is more important.

Malakhov

Banned
After getting Delita today, I am missing 15 fairies writ to awaken him to 6 stars. Guess I need to wait for an upcoming event. At least I got him :)

Lyrian

And then.... there was one (left to go).

A11xKin.png

Please, please, let there be some LB pots in this coming week's event.

Side note: The numbers for LB next level in this picture are a perfect example of the BS in the limit break leveling system. Note how Lenna needs more LB xp for level 4 because she is a 5*, than Rydia needs for her final level 15 at 4*. Complete garbage.

I'm never doing this again after Cecil reaches LB 10. I'll wait for the 3k pots to arrive and work on something else.

tuffymon

Thanks for the info, sadly living in the middle of nowhere (and I mean nowhere 73717), I had 0 hits on craigslist. I'll probably have to wait until Black Friday, actually I'll take a look at buy and sell on gaf~

UrSuLeTzU

A11xKin.png

Side note: The numbers for LB next level in this picture are a perfect example of the BS in the limit break leveling system. Note how Lenna needs more LB xp for level 4 because she is a 5*, than Rydia needs for her final level 15 at 4*. Complete garbage.

I'm never doing this again after Cecil reaches LB 10. I'll wait for the 3k pots to arrive and work on something else.

What is the point of maxing Rydia's lb again?

Golbez down! Valentus' Lightning survived his final onslaught of death / paralysis and killed him with crushing blow. Thanks for all the help!!

Now I need to somehow beat brachiosaur (however it's spelled lol) and get my artemios a good bow.

Yeah im still working on the damn Brachiosaur. Only tried him once but he is pretty nasty

A11xKin.png

Yeah man. LB leveling system is hot garbage. Really doesnt make sense to grind past 3 star really. Especially since the benefit of each individual level is so small

Lyrian

What is the point of maxing Rydia's lb again?

It's a crazy proof of concept project I've been working on since launch as a side project.

Rydia's LB (with the lone exception of Garnet who has the same LB) is unique in that raising the LB level generates a haste effect for the LB, which is to fill the summoning bar. As such, raising Rydia's awakening level increasing the magnitude of the effect of her LB, while raising the LB's level hastens the speed at which the bar fills.

Without going too deep into the weeds on theorycrafting, the long-term assertion is that it can be theoretically possible to create a self-chaining and self-sustaining system between Rydia and Garnet, should their hasted LBs be maxed out. Given the design of the LB system, it will be a very long time on Global before this theory can ever be truly tested in a fair manner.

Yeah man. LB leveling system is hot garbage. Really doesnt make sense to grind past 3 star really. Especially since the benefit of each individual level is so small

I would argue that the system is designed this way intentionally as to provide insurmountable walls (limits to power creep) that eventually become overcome as more powerful consumables are released (power creep then moves up to the next wall). Right now, leveling a 3* past LB 10 is pointless, and any 4* or 5* at all is practically impossible. This barrier drops when the 4* LB pots are released, which makes leveling LBs at 4* and 5* realistic. For global (and Garnet), this is still a very long way away from happening.

When 4* LB pots are released, leveled LBs will become the expectation for clearing content.

Lyrian

Does anyone have that gold trophy for supreme evoker?

I'm almost halfway there (4901/10k), and that's with summoning constantly. That's an insane trophy.

I'm closer to the only slightly-less-than-impossible Colosseum trophy (Storied Warrior), with a little over 60% progress (at 187k/300k), than I am to the Supreme Evoker trophy.

Yeah im still working on the damn Brachiosaur. Only tried him once but he is pretty nasty

Yea he is crazy tough. Haven't even come close on him. Seems like there will be a good amount of RNG with snort. Probably doesn't help that I don't have any good physical units (only barrage user is artemios but I only have like 240 attack) and no full break user.

Zhadgon

So far everything is going smoothly until today, Europa is wrecking my team, it seems Amarant is not enough (he is being one shoted in the first turn) so it seems I should start leveling Charlotte right now is in lv 62

And for this banner I have not get any of the banner units (come on Cecil show up).

.n_n.

c-murph

It's a crazy proof of concept project I've been working on since launch as a side project.

Rydia's LB (with the lone exception of Garnet who has the same LB) is unique in that raising the LB level generates a haste effect for the LB, which is to fill the summoning bar. As such, raising Rydia's awakening level increasing the magnitude of the effect of her LB, while raising the LB's level hastens the speed at which the bar fills.

Without going too deep into the weeds on theorycrafting, the long-term assertion is that it can be theoretically possible to create a self-chaining and self-sustaining system between Rydia and Garnet, should their hasted LBs be maxed out. Given the design of the LB system, it will be a very long time on Global before this theory can ever be truly tested in a fair manner.

Say what now? Can't you just use multiple Rydias if she's the same as Garnet?

I would argue that the system is designed this way intentionally as to provide insurmountable walls (limits to power creep) that eventually become overcome as more powerful consumables are released (power creep then moves up to the next wall). Right now, leveling a 3* past LB 10 is pointless, and any 4* or 5* at all is practically impossible. This barrier drops when the 4* LB pots are released, which makes leveling LBs at 4* and 5* realistic. For global (and Garnet), this is still a very long way away from happening.

When 4* LB pots are released, leveled LBs will become the expectation for clearing content.

I've just been farming LB with TM. I got my Medius to Lv.10, while Fencer and Luna are both 4* with Lv.6 LB. Zidane and Terra are both 5* with only Lv.2... So, much easier to Level the 3* characters. Not planning on awakening Fencer until she reaches Lv.15. Probably going to start 3* Cecil on next TM farming round.

Lyrian

Say what now? Can't you just use multiple Rydias if she's the same as Garnet?

I've just been farming LB with TM. I got my Medius to Lv.10, while Fencer and Luna are both 4* with Lv.6 LB. Zidane and Terra are both 5* with only Lv.2... So, much easier to Level the 3* characters. Not planning on awakening Fencer until she reaches Lv.15. Probably going to start 3* Cecil on next TM farming round.

There's a key difference between Rydia and Garnet.

Garnet at 5* learns High Tide, which effectively provides a permanent 200% LB haste that stacks on top of the haste that leveling the LB generates (which is insane). Rydia doesn't have access to that. In exchange, Rydia is the more powerful summoner, and can dish out the damage that Garnet can't. (Note: that said, Garnet is still the 2nd most potent summoner, beating out Golbez and Faris later on down the road).

So the theory is chaining Garnet's ultra-haste into Rydia's summon for maximum damage. In a pinch the process can work in reverse as well, for a trade-off of a bit less damage. If the wiki is somewhat accurate on this, maxed Garnet only requires 5 LB crystals to completely fill her limit bar, which should be obtainable on practically every turn.

The grind for 4*s and higher is just too painful at without pots. 3*s is just fine from 1-10, but that grind from 11-15 is absolutely brutal. 16 is right out, as it would take more than 2150 LB xp to reach at one point at a time.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That feeling when all of your friend lightnings are below 500 attack and you have the itch to kill some Golbez -.-

To answer your above question, I've anecdotally found that you have to use all your other friend's same/similar units. Saw this a lot with the last event when everyone had kefkas or exdeaths.

c-murph

There's a key difference between Rydia and Garnet.

Garnet at 5* learns High Tide, which effectively provides a permanent 200% LB haste that stacks on top of the haste that leveling the LB generates (which is insane). Rydia doesn't have access to that. In exchange, Rydia is the more powerful summoner, and can dish out the damage that Garnet can't. (Note: that said, Garnet is still the 2nd most potent summoner, beating out Golbez and Faris later on down the road).

So the theory is chaining Garnet's ultra-haste into Rydia's summon for maximum damage. In a pinch the process can work in reverse as well, for a trade-off of a bit less damage. If the wiki is somewhat accurate on this, maxed Garnet only requires 5 LB crystals to completely fill her limit bar, which should be obtainable on practically every turn.

The grind for 4*s and higher is just too painful at without pots. 3*s is just fine from 1-10, but that grind from 11-15 is absolutely brutal. 16 is right out, as it would take more than 2150 LB xp to reach at one point at a time.

Need to grind out a few Auto-LBs TMs from COD. Those might come in handy also.

Zhadgon

Well in another note Europa is down, it seems Charlotte with thunder shield+provoke+mirage vest = win, my team did not get damage and they dish a lot CoD+Tellah+Kefka = thundaga chain for the win, Vaan was there with focus, fullbreak and barthundara.

.n_n.

Lyrian

Need to grind out a few Auto-LBs TMs from COD. Those might come in handy also.

Agreed. If I only had a CoD :/

Auto-LB also solves a problem that arises during bosses, as they are quite stingy and dropping LB crystals. The most vulnerable part of the system as the very beginning of a fight, where everyone''s LB bars are empty. The system should be self-sustaining once it starts going. But getting the engine revved during boss fights is a challenge without Auto-LB.

Lyrian

Well in another note Europa is down, it seems Charlotte with thunder shield+provoke+mirage vest = win, my team did not get damage and they dish a lot CoD+Tellah+Kefka = thundaga chain for the win, Vaan was there with focus, fullbreak and barthundara.

.n_n.

Grats on the Colosseum clear! Onwards to farming those S ranks for the components for the Blood Sword.

Zhadgon

Grats on the Colosseum clear! Onwards to farming those S ranks for the components for the Blood Sword.
Thanks once you clear it, it gets easier because you know what to expect.

Now I have 5 days of free farming TM and getting the materials for the Blood Sword.

.n_n.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
More notes to myself.

Now that I got another Cecil, it throws a new wretch into my TM plans. I do need to eventually get Leanna's staff, but working on my next Excalibur will be far more effective.
Outside of the three which will be done soon. Goblez is at 40%, Kefka is at 60%. 3x Leanna for one staff. 2x Locke(Considering I do have CoD, these items would be ideally), 1x Leo, 2x Celes for 1 Mivera, 1 Hayate, 2x Luds(Will combine the two I'm working on now and save the other 2 to decide if I want to go after 2 more or one more). I'm thinking, I would love to combine the Mivera and Staff with Dualcast. My healer will be geared as fucked then. An additional 115 SPR on top of some nice Def and Resistance.

Leveling wise, have to work on that 6* Cecil, finish off Kefka #2, and probably Charlotte would be another great one.

Got 4 days still the Halloween event to get some damage in. ^_^

ExVicis

I can't do it guys, I keep trying and trying but with my party as it is I can't beat the Giant of Babel. Almost every single time it's on the second fight. I burst down Rubicante to at least 50% and he casts Scorch and nearly every time Tellah goes down and along with him my only means to raise people back.

I was originally going to wait until after I cleard the event once to awaken Lightning but maybe at his point I should just do it and try to level her up before the event ends in hopes that she'll tip things into my favor.

Well I'll admit, did beat it my first try but I did get lucky...CoD is a monster.

Don't all congratulate me at once now -.-

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Lyrian

Don't all congratulate me at once now -.-

Was that your first clear?

The way you wrote that, it sounded like you were just bored and wanted to kick Golbez's ass again just because he looked at you or the Emperor in the wrong way. Hard to tell sometimes, as you roleplay too well :)

Grats on punting Golbez's shiny metal ass to the curb.

The way you wrote that, it sounded like you were just bored and wanted to kick Golbez's ass again just because he looked at you or the Emperor in the wrong way. Hard to tell sometimes, as you roleplay too well :)

I was nervous of being underprepared so I vastly over prepared. The Lightning I took with me only had like 412 attack so I was absolutely certain I would fail.

6* Cecil wasn't havin any of it.

ExVicis

Yah this is how I read it, congrats again though. Maybe I need to switch out some of my guys and get CoD in the group. I'm not sure how to keep Tellah from just eating a 1-turn death every time but maybe if I put CoD in a I can just burst Rubicante into death.

Gratz Chilly!!

Im stashing all these trust moogles for when i get into a tight spot in the content where rushing a TM might be neccessary

ExVicis

Gratz Chilly!!

Im stashing all these trust moogles for when i get into a tight spot in the content where rushing a TM might be neccessary

Personally I'm waiting to use them on a unit that I doubt I'll ever get duplicates of so I'll need the Moogles to get the last percentages out.

I'm thinking I'll probably fuse them to Fencer to get that geat TM bonus she has. Especially since it doesn't look like I'll ever get a second in the near future.

CCIE

Banned
Grats Chilly - I am waiting a week, because need the key to get Baraerora first. Should have in a few days. Also, leveling the rest of my ALT team, and working through the story for now.

Primary team is just doing TMR all day long this weekend

Celegus

I have the mats for 6* Cecil, but that griiiiiiind. Chilly (or anyone else) did you have a bunch of cactuars saved up to level him that fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom