• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's 2AM, I've got work in 5 hours, and what am I doing right now? Downloading FFIX from PSN... Why? Because I'm really in the mood for it... Is it smart to play this with work just around the corner? Probably not. So why am I doing it? I have no idea...

Natetan

I think they should have just cut out all the races in ffxii except the viera I guess. Seems like the totally forgot about all of them in the game. They're dumb anyway, although they were ok in FFTA.

CorvoSol

I think they should have just cut out all the races in ffxii except the viera I guess. Seems like the totally forgot about all of them in the game. They're dumb anyway, although they were ok in FFTA.

Yo what? No way dog. Bangaa are anything but dumb.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Gilgameh is indeed meh. The poser is nothing against that which is GILGAMESH.

GILGAMESH> all but Ultros > dirt > Ultros > Gilgameh

Clearly.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
GILGAMESH = gilgameh/GilgaMeh/Gilgameh/GILGAMEH

jaxword

Pacific Rim = FF7 WEAPON battles.

If only Square Pictures had waited til the CGI was at this level, Final Fantasy would now be a billion dollar movie franchise.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
GILGAMESH = gilgameh/GilgaMeh/Gilgameh/GILGAMEH

Of course GILGAMESH isn't as strong as ENHANCED GILGAMESH.

Then there is SHIN GILGAMESH.

And then SUPER GILGAMESH INFINITY OMEGA OVERLORD ULTRA PLUS

And if there was more then one...well....everything in FF would be fucked.

CorvoSol

Pacific Rim = FF7 WEAPON battles.

If only Square Pictures had waited til the CGI was at this level, Final Fantasy would now be a billion dollar movie franchise.

Maybe Square should've spent some of that money on making the movie more like Final Fantasy and less like generic orange post apocalypse movie.

jaxword

Maybe Square should've spent some of that money on making the movie more like Final Fantasy and less like generic orange post apocalypse movie.

That is solely 100% on Sakaguchi's lap. He chose the style and story.

It's actually not that bad a story or style...but audiences just were not ready for something fully CGI and also not full action.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy crap, I know FFIX was slow but this seems slower than usual... Is FFIX on EU PSN 50Hz, anyone know? The menus/out-of-combat gameplay is good but the battles... Oh man, the battles chop and slug themselves forward!

Yoshichan

The EU PSN version is still slower, yes.
Confirmed? Because I downloaded Crash Bandicoot 2 from the EU PSN and it seems to be just as fast as NTSC (60Hz)...

It's actually not that bad a story or style...but audiences just were not ready for something fully CGI and also not full action.

I first saw it when I was 13 and even then I cringed when the black guy died first

CorvoSol

I think its a pretty bad story. Not the Gooch's finest hour, that one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I remember that era... between that and Titan AE, Hollywood discovered overnight that the American public was not interested in animated features for adults. And so far that hasn't really been overturned (everything CG in Hollywood is for kids). Kind of sad, considering the trajectory of gaming in the late 90s made it seem like CG film for adults was the future... and then, nope, the market wasn't there.

Wazzy

Banned
I was watching that Man Of Arms channel where they made The Master Sword, Buster sword and keyblade and I hope he does Squall's gunblade next.

There's been quite a few people requesting so I'm sure it will get done and I will be fangirling the entire way through.

I was watching that Man Of Arms channel where they made The Master Sword, Buster sword and keyblade and I hope he does Squall's gunblade next.

There's been quite a few people requesting so I'm sure it will get done and I will be fangirling the entire way through.

It better be Lionheart. Then he should do Brotherhood too!

Yoshichan

I just read all of Wazzys FFVII posts.

God damn it, I'm loving this. Keep at it!

Wazzy

Banned
It better be Lionheart. Then he should do Brotherhood too!
I'm thinking he's going to do Revolver since it's more iconic. It would be cool to see Lionheart but at the same time I want to see a fully functional Revolver. :p maybe one day he'll do both!

I just read all of Wazzys FFVII posts.

God damn it, I'm loving this. Keep at it!

Heh, glad you're enjoying them. I took a break since I was on vacation but I'll be starting back up again soon.

Yoshichan

Heh, glad you're enjoying them. I took a break since I was on vacation but I'll be starting back up again soon.
I look forward to it man! I remember when I "let's played" FFVII here on GAF... It was for the PC (re)launch, it was glorious!

kurbaan

Banned

I think the bigger issue was it was a final fantasy movie without the Final fantasy. I remember I only watched it because it was a FF movie and it wasn't that bad but I remember thinking this is not what I expected.

CorvoSol

Final Fantasy XII IZJV

PENELO GET. So now I've got Vaan and Penelo and they're a Samurai and White Mage respectively. Basch will be the Knight (since I'm pretending he's the MC), Fran will be the Uhlan/Dragoon (Cuz not having one means not using the Zodiac Spear), and Balthier will of course be a Machinist.

The question now is what to make Ashe? I'm leaning toward Hunter, which is a Ninja-type class, but then there's Red Mage, which would cover my magical needs all over, but also uses the unbeloved mace-type weapons.

Wazzy

Banned
So I grinded outside Nibelheim for a little bit 'cuz I felt like it and then finally entered my hometown that had been burnt down and shouldn't exist. Except somehow it does...hmmm. Well clearly I'm right and there's something wrong with everyone else here. Sounds logical to me.

Barret and Red question me on why the town still exists to which I tell them to shut the hell up because I ain't no damn liar. I then walk around town calling everyone else a liar because they don't agree with me.

I talked to some creepy guys in black coats that are obsessed with Sephiroth. I swear they must speak with Salad Fingers voice or that's at least how i picture them talking. Some are even nice enough to give me items, thanks yah crazy weirdo's!

I entered Shinra mansion and headed to a safe where I'm warned against opening it. Like I care, I haven't listened to a warning yet and I ain't about to start. I screw up the first time but I'm able to open it the second and all of a sudden I'm attacked by some ugly purple/red monster. I prepare for what I thought would be an easy fight only to have my party get murdered half way through.

Now, I must grind some more because I suck at everything.

CorvoSol

So I grinded outside Nibelheim for a little bit 'cuz I felt like it and then finally entered my hometown that had been burnt down and shouldn't exist. Except somehow it does...hmmm. Well clearly I'm right and there's something wrong with everyone else here. Sounds logical to me.

Barret and Red question me on why the town still exists to which I tell them to shut the hell up because I ain't no damn liar. I then walk around town calling everyone else a liar because they don't agree with me.

I talked to some creepy guys in black coats that are obsessed with Sephiroth. I swear they must speak with Salad Fingers voice or that's at least how i picture them talking. Some are even nice enough to give me items, thanks yah crazy weirdo's!

I entered Shinra mansion and headed to a safe where I'm warned against opening it. Like I care, I haven't listened to a warning yet and I ain't about to start. I screw up the first time but I'm able to open it the second and all of a sudden I'm attacked by some ugly purple/red monster. I prepare for what I thought would be an easy fight only to have my party get murdered half way through.

:D

Yoshichan

So awesome!

Natetan

I guess you didn't pick up mighty guard yet? Make sure you poison him too early on.

He's also weak to paralysis, so if you bothered to get Aeris' second Level 1 Limit Break, you can use it on him and he'll just sit there for however many turns.

Banzai

And make sure it's a magic attack that gets him below 50% health, otherwise he'll turn into a form that's immune to physical attacks. Unless you prefer that to a form thats immune to magic.

And make sure it's a magic attack that gets him below 50% health, otherwise he'll turn into a form that's immune to physical attacks. Unless you prefer that to a form thats immune to magic.

He's not immune, the attacks just do jack-shit for damage. If you're fast, then you can actually kill him while he's paralyzed and he'll never split.

Natetan

once you get vincent, equip him with that sniper rifle that does 255% accuracy and the deathblow materia. critical hits every time!

Banzai

Professor Beef said:
He's not immune, the attacks just do jack-shit for damage. If you're fast, then you can actually kill him while he's paralyzed and he'll never split.
well attacks do like 1 damage, right? ill count that as immune^^.

Natetan said:
once you get vincent, equip him with that sniper rifle that does 255% accuracy and the deathblow materia. critical hits every time!
too bad his limit breaks make him one of the worse characters in the game.his ultimate weapons cool, but other than that...

But never use Cid. I mean, he's only probably the least cool Dragoon in the series.

say whaaaat. i always use cid...you at least have to agree kimahri's worse!

Natetan

Naw Vincent's limit breaks are awesome. A Frankenstein monster that does slam dunks. Chaos is pretty damn strong too.

His first limit break isn't that great, 3rd one too. You mostly only use the lv 2 one anyway, especially if he's killing everything with deathblow.

I like yuffie too. I never knew so many if her weapons were back row.

And CID has a triple growth weapon which makes him awesome.

It really is a shame khimari and blue magic suck so much in ffx. Ffv and ffvii prob have the best.

The weakest link in ffvii is nanaki. Lame limit breaks, irrelevant to the plot after the first Cosmo canyon, aeris and tifa are pretty terrible too game play wise.

Top Bottom