• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Wazzy

Banned
It is far from the darkest.
Care to elaborate? I can't say I watched much of the later seasons but from what I saw and have read I thought it was widely agreed that 3 was the darkest. There's no way 1 and 2 are darker.
Because he rarely communicates with others, he just *thinks* at them. Dissidia improved him A LOT because he's forced to interact with others. I don't mind is personality, just the execution of it.

Well...yeah that's the whole reason he has a character arc. He has trouble communicating and understanding where people are coming from but by the end of the game he's learned to do both.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
By this logic TAY is better than IV and I doubt very much that Dark Schala would agree to that.

TAY only has crystal data of GILGAMESH as such it is not the real deal. Therefore TAY is still garbage.

GILGAMESH FAN KING has spoken. Move along.

Care to elaborate? I can't say I watched much of the later seasons but from what I saw and have read I thought it was widely agreed that 3 was the darkest. There's no way 1 and 2 are darker.

5 is darker. This is why I hate 4. It fucked up the game so badly, nobody wanted to give 5 a chance. 3 never touched the topic of digital genocide. 5 did...and actually tried to go through with it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I've remembered that Gilgamesh appears in FF: Dawn of Souls and that thing isn't better than IV at all. Theory busted.

Play the PSP version. Or play the NES version without the MESH. You probably won't though. The difficulty would make you cry.

Red Mage

Well...yeah that's the whole reason he has a character arc. He has trouble communicating and understanding where people are coming from but by the end of the game he's learned to do both.

Yes, but you can show that so much better than they did.

FF1 most certainly is better than FF IV, though DoS might not be its best version.

Not really. The original version was completely broken. Remember all those weapons with special properties? None of them work. The spell algorithem doesn't work, making the Black Mage rather nerfed. Theif's escape bonus also doesn't work. I loved the game as a kid, but it has aged very poorly.

I beat Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers a few days ago. What an odd little game. I can't say I enjoyed the combat at all, but the world was effin gorgeous. Looks like so much effort went into the presentation, but the gameplay was total ass. I did like the villain though.
Like when he started turning everyone into red crystals and shattering them...that felt genuinely fucked up for some reason.
I guess I am glad I played through it.

CorvoSol

I can't say that I don't like FFI but I can't rank it better than FFIV when it's even more barebones than it.

Oh, that makes more sense, yeah. I like FF1 for being bare bones, though. It has that old school adventure feel to it or something. I don't know, I can never be objective about FF1 because it, more than IV or VI or VII, really, truly runs off my nostalgia for it. I loved that game when I was a kid, and replaying it always takes me back to that first time I made the quest. I made up my own stories about who the Light Warriors were, and we went off and explored the world.

I think the game is competent, its just severely dated compared to every game in the series. That said, I still think it is better than FFII.

Play the PSP version. Or play the NES version without the MESH. You probably won't though. The difficulty would make you cry.

Still gotta do my triple replay action.

CorvoSol

I know, but we also knew all of this bullshit after the first game. It's hardly a surprise to hear that Toriyama and his gang are incompetent at this stage.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Not really. The original version was completely broken. Remember all those weapons with special properties? None of them work. The spell algorithem doesn't work, making the Black Mage rather nerfed. Theif's escape bonus also doesn't work. I loved the game as a kid, but it has aged very poorly.

Yeah, but that's what the remakes are for. Actually I never played much of the NES version, since the first time it was released in Europe was in 2010 (VC).

Wazzy

Banned
Edit: I'm bitching too much.

So, how has your guy's and gal's day been?
Terrible. Work on 2 hours sleep.
Yes, but you can show that so much better than they did.

I disagree. I thought they did a fantastic job with Squall. The problem was the other characters got the shaft(though I think most got a decent amount of development, it's Quistis and Irvine that got dropped)

5 is darker. This is why I hate 4. It fucked up the game so badly, nobody wanted to give 5 a chance. 3 never touched the topic of digital genocide. 5 did...and actually tried to go through with it.

I'll have to give it a shot then. I always hated the main characters appearance but I can get over it.

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

filepicker%2FbYOygot9TougXEZzEkQr_birthday_cake.jpg

rataven

I beat Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers a few days ago. What an odd little game. I can't say I enjoyed the combat at all, but the world was effin gorgeous. Looks like so much effort went into the presentation, but the gameplay was total ass. I did like the villain though.
Like when he started turning everyone into red crystals and shattering them...that felt genuinely fucked up for some reason.
I guess I am glad I played through it.

That's the game with Layle, right? I always really loved his design, and thought he seemed like such a chill dude. The world looked so lush and vibrant too. I don't think I'll ever play it due to all the unanimous issues with the gameplay, but it's interesting to read about it. Shame it wasn't a more competent game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I usually post shitty cakes for people's birthday so Corvo's gonna get one. (I just pick any cake even if the age isn't right. Don't mind meeeeeeeeee...)

s7h4p1y.jpg

Happy birthday, Corvo.

I'm sleepy. Zzzzzz...

Wazzy

Banned
I usually post shitty cakes for people's birthday so Corvo's gonna get one. (I just pick any cake even if the age isn't right. Don't mind meeeeeeeeee...)

s7h4p1y.jpg

Happy birthday, Corvo.

I'm sleepy. Zzzzzz...

Because of this post I went and looked up Final Fantasy cakes.

I can't ever unsee the awful shit I just looked at.

WHY IS THERE A CAKE OF CLOUD FUCKING A CHOCOBO. WHY.

Heropon

My Final Fantasy Tactics walkthrough is on hiatus because my white mage failed to cast shell on another mage because he didn't believe in magic. The next time I'm going to use a group of five monks, hmph.

Red Mage

Yeah, but that's what the remakes are for. Actually I never played much of the NES version, since the first time it was released in Europe was in 2010 (VC).

Ah, I guess it really depends on when you played it, and what version. I played the heck out of the original, so when I thnk of FFI, I think of wasting turns because the first guy defeated the enemy. : )

My Final Fantasy Tactics walkthrough is on hiatus because my white mage failed to cast shell on another mage because he didn't believe in magic. The next time I'm going to use a group of five monks, hmph.

Never use White Mages in FFT, unless you need it to unlock a class. Chemist > White Mages.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Happy birthday, Corvo!

I think these would be better for his cake:
No, because the joke is to post something especially bad and recoil in horror from it. Corvo actually likes FF4.

There are a few times when I post good cakes but that's when I'm too damn lazy to search for stuff.

Top Bottom