• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Happy Birthday. Celebrate with some Final Fantasy themed cocktails.

scrollbar_drinks.jpg

CorvoSol

I usually post shitty cakes for people's birthday so Corvo's gonna get one. (I just pick any cake even if the age isn't right. Don't mind meeeeeeeeee...)

s7h4p1y.jpg

Happy birthday, Corvo.

I'm sleepy. Zzzzzz...

Off by 4 years. I'm the big Quarter Cent today. That Cait Sith has seen some things.

Happy Birthday! Here's my only Raijin gif to celebrate.

Haha, oh Raijin and Fujin. It's a shame they don't get to pop up as often as other goofy minibosses.

All I'm getting is a 403

c94QZvd.png

I don't know who drew this but anyways, happy birthday!

Oddly relevant.

Happy birthday, Corvo!

I think these would be better for his cake:

13625-114979-Picture6png-468x.jpg

Wideface Cecil is lol.

Today's your birthday, eh?

Here's some cake:

That wasn't even the worst... :(

Aerith had too much cake and gave me nightmares.

Yo what is wrong with Cloud in this picture.

Corvo's birthday?

Nevermore!

I wish I wasn't getting any older.

No, because the joke is to post something especially bad and recoil in horror from it. Corvo actually likes FF4.

There are a few times when I post good cakes but that's when I'm too damn lazy to search for stuff.

Fun story: When I was less than 10 years old dad got so mad at me for some stunt I pulled on a camp out that he banned me from playing FF4. I thought he meant forever, and didn't realize that wasn't the case until I was like, 13 or so. Oh the times.

I think he just likes Golbez.

I like all of it, largely for reasons that Schala hates it. Golbez is far and away the best part of the game, but this has been my desktop for months, now:

d3lWCus.jpg

Hmm...somebody needs to make a terrible-looking Krile cake then?

uuuuuuuhghgh.

Happy Birthday. Celebrate with some Final Fantasy themed cocktails.

scrollbar_drinks.jpg

What is themed about them? They just look colorful?

Manu

Man, I'd love to keep this look forever:

dRrty4R.jpg

I get slightly better equipment all the time but I always come back to this because everything else looks so ugly.

Natetan

My Final Fantasy Tactics walkthrough is on hiatus because my white mage failed to cast shell on another mage because he didn't believe in magic. The next time I'm going to use a group of five monks, hmph.

Actually white Mage has holy and arise. And you need a lv 5 wm to get a calculator.

I love calculators.

But for healing stuff I just use monk skills like chakra and revive. Mustadio is a great chemist too. Get all his aim abilities, get xpotion and Phoenix down abilities.

And of course give everybody autopotion ability. Then you really never need to worry about healing!

CorvoSol

My Final Fantasy Tactics walkthrough is on hiatus because my white mage failed to cast shell on another mage because he didn't believe in magic. The next time I'm going to use a group of five monks, hmph.

Your first mistake was using magic. Like, who does that? Chemist is a better white mage than a white mage, and sword skills make any other form of attack pointless.

Natetan

Your first mistake was using magic. Like, who does that? Chemist is a better white mage than a white mage, and sword skills make any other form of attack pointless.

Magic is useful in the beginning as a secondary ability for long range attack until you get monk long range abilities. Also lich is a good summon against wiegraf/belias. Slow and haste are alright too.

I make a point never buy any spells and learn them all from dead enemy crystals. I save all my Jp for holy and flare which I never actually cast only calculate.

And once everyone has autopotion, who needs healing?

Noi

Man, it's been a while since I was able to say "I've been playing the new Final Fantasy for weeks and I'm still having a blast with it." XIII and XIII-2 only lasted days before I beat them and FFXIV 1.0 was a total dub, but ARR is one of the best online games I've ever played. And I haven't even hit max level yet.

Heropon

I thought it was good to have a balanced party between magic users and physical units but I see it wasn't a good idea then. I think I'm going to start another playthrough in my PSP to train a better party.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday! Let's celebrate by giving you a cake of the best FF game ever with the best battle system:

quina.jpg

Natetan

I thought it was good to have a balanced party between magic users and physical units but I see it wasn't a good idea then. I think I'm going to start another playthrough in my PSP to train a better party.

The way I usually play is make the female chemist your mage and make everyone else aim to be ninjas. Strip delita and other guests of their armor and let them get killed off. You want to make sure you're guys are getting most of the precious jp.

Key skills for me are concentration (archer) autopotion (chemist) move +1 (squire) move +2 (thief) and jp boost (squire). Getting those for all your characters is first order of business. I have Ramza collect all the non Mage crystals and the Mage collect all the magic related crystals. It can be annoying collecting all those crystals, but its worth it. Sometimes you'll get 1000 jp or more worth of abilities.

Heropon

I fired all the default units in FFT as soon as I could hire four clones made specially for me. My old units tried to make me feel bad for them but that's how war works; there isn't place for weaklings, only the best.

Thanks for the advice, Natetan. Right now my slaves are all Squires so they can get the basic abilities by slaying lotsa imps, wargs and chocobos.

xZqYkn2.png

There's a Gilgamesh cake but it isn't FFV related though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
XV better add the humanoid demon creatures. No excuses Square. Bravely Default and Golden Sun can do it! Step it up! You have no problem with your moebile games.

CorvoSol

In Tactics I took my generics and made Squall, Terra, Cecil, Luneth and Yuna. Yuna was a Summoner with Equip Guns, Squall a Knight with Equip Guns, Terra a Dancer with equip swords and Dark Sword, Cecil a Dark Knight with White Magic and Luneth an Onion Knight.

I used them until I got Agrias, Balthier and Orlandeau, and then well I steamrolled from there, especially since Ramza also was a Dark Knight. 3 Dark Knights by chapter 3 was a lengthy task.

Wazzy

Banned
In Tactics I took my generics and made Squall, Terra, Cecil, Luneth and Yuna. Yuna was a Summoner with Equip Guns, Squall a Knight with Equip Guns, Terra a Dancer with equip swords and Dark Sword, Cecil a Dark Knight with White Magic and Luneth an Onion Knight.

I used them until I got Agrias, Balthier and Orlandeau, and then well I steamrolled from there, especially since Ramza also was a Dark Knight. 3 Dark Knights by chapter 3 was a lengthy task.
Heh, I also named my generics FF characters though I recall only VIII characters being used. My knight was Seifer because they resemble him, Dragoon was Squall just 'cuz and Monk was Zell.

CorvoSol

Heh, I also named my generics FF characters though I recall only VIII characters being used. My knight was Seifer because they resemble him, Dragoon was Squall just 'cuz and Monk was Zell.

I believe WotL gives you a Monk named Zell on occasion. I had one once.

Heropon

Who had the intelligent idea of having random battles against knights with lots of HP, high evasion and attacks that take more than half of my units's HP? I'm really mad right now.

Heropon

Of course. I only had to kill one more knight and stupid Ramza became a crystal. I swear the countdown was faster than usual, grrrrr.

CorvoSol

Who had the intelligent idea of having random battles against knights with lots of HP, high evasion and attacks that take more than half of my units's HP? I'm really mad right now.

Random battles that suck:

All Chocobo battles when you're level 70 and up.

The All Monk Battle (I've never won this one).

The Battle of Balias Hill or whatever.

Heropon

So I suppose that I'll have to reset the game as soon as one of those bullshit groups appear. FFT
mByij.gif

Edit: Another group of Knights have appeared and I've won this time. I used a Flare as soon as I could and they got stuck in a loop of using potions.

CorvoSol

Chocobo cure and chocobo Meteor everywhere you look. The Thunder God himself cannot shield you from the fiery, feathery wrath of a thousand pissed off chocobos.

The warking, the warking. Oh, by Gods, the warking.

Natetan

Autopotion, autopotion, autopotion. When they hit you your character will automatically use a heal potion. Just make sure you only have hipotion or xpotion in your inventory once they're available.

Concentration gives you 100% hit accuracy so you'll never miss.

That should solve most of your problem.

Heropon

Autopotion, autopotion, autopotion.

Concentration gives you 100% hit accuracy so you'll never miss.

That should solve most of your problem.

I had autopotion and 99 hi-potions but it sometimes failed (70 bravery) and then the character died thanks to the second hit.

Natetan

I had autopotion and 99 hi-potions but it sometimes failed (70 bravery) and then the character died thanks to the second hit.

Yeah it happens sometimes. I mustadio with xpotion/Phoenix down throwing and Ramza with chakra and revive skills as backup.

Honestly the beginning is the hardest part if the game accumulations with belias. Once you get past that its pretty easy. I mowed over belias though with two ninjas, mustadio gunning and chemisting, agrias holy blade, a summoner with lich and arithmatiks. Pretty much I spend the early part of the game tryin to get my characters to have that.

I'm just after belias now. I'm having Ramza get black Mage skills in hopes to get him to be a dark knight. Basiclly he's worthless just running arose using chakra. Trying to get agrias and mustadio ninja classes . All these weak characters are supporters shy my summoner:calculator which can cause massive damage with calculates flare. Then there's my one ninja who will eventually be replaced by agrias or mustadio.

Red Mage

Certain areas have "super" battles you might run into during random battles. They usually only happen in chapter 4. It's about 20% chance you'll hit one.

Ones to watch out for:
Lenalia Plateau - 5 Calculators.
Bariaus Hill - Lots of powerful monsters.
Yuguo Woods - 7 Samurai (kinda clever, but annoying).
Araguay Woods - 4 to 6 Ninjas.
Grog Hill - 11 high level monks or, as I call it, Mastuno's Middle Finger.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Nothing's hard when you've got enough Quickness Arithmeticians anyway.

No, really. 0-load Flare\Holy is overpowered all by itself. And then there's everything else...

Heropon

My mage has learned all the Arithmeticks in the same battle because I didn't want to have such a slow unit anymore. Thanks to this I've learned the power of Tailwind to grind boring units and now I can start the Holy/Flare spam!

Edit: Prime Height Holy is more overpowered than I though it was going to be but I have to remember that I shouldn't leave my mage at the same height as the enemies.

Edit 2: CT multiple of 3 Flare killed all the enemies and Agrias in the first turn of a battle. I love my mage. <3<3<3<3<3<3

Natetan

My mage has learned all the Arithmeticks in the same battle because I didn't want to have such a slow unit anymore. Thanks to this I've learned the power of Tailwind to grind boring units and now I can start the Holy/Flare spam!

Edit: Prime Height Holy is more overpowered than I though it was going to be but I have to remember that I shouldn't leave my mage at the same height as the enemies.

Edit 2: CT multiple of 3 Flare killed all the enemies and Agrias in the first turn of a battle. I love my mage. <3<3<3<3<3<3

Yeah super fun hitting a ton of enemies. I normally place all my guys on a .5 height and then let my Mage go to work with arithmetics.

Remember to equip things that boost your magic on that Mage. I have red shoes, wizards robe, wizard rod, and celebrants miter. Defense and weapon strength aren't really important since your Mage will likely be off alone in a corner flaring the flurking shnit out of your enemies.

Also teleport is an amazing skill for your Mage!

Heropon

I don't know if one of my generics should be replaced by Agrias or Mustadio. I was surprised when I saw that Mustadio could only learn three machinist skills and now I don't know if it's worth to replace one of my beloved ninjas. At this point there's a strong bond with them and I'd miss them unlike those garbage generics that I fired at the start of the game.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I don't know if one of my generics should be replaced by Agrias or Mustadio. I was surprised when I saw that Mustadio could only learn three machinist skills and now I don't know if it's worth to replace one of my beloved ninjas. At this point there's a strong bond with them and I'd miss them unlike those garbage generics that I fired at the start of the game.

Agrias is hellah cool.
Knight agrias, especially.
(I also used a Monk, and much later, Samurai Agrias with Equip Swords)

Mustadio, however, kind of stinks.

Wazzy

Banned
All this Tactics talk has made me want to replay it again. I should be focusing on FE but I reallyyyyyyyyy want to start a new game in Tactics.

So I am.

Natetan

Best Chemist in the game. He doesn't stink, he just gets outclassed by all the Sword Art users. And then again in WotL when Balthier shows up.

Essentially, he's great until the final chapter. And even then, he still has his uses.

My goal is to turn mustadio into a dual wield guns chemist. Almost got him to replace my generic ninja now.

Then him and balthier can kick ass remotely along with my calculator.

Heropon

Can someone explain me why there's a black chocobo in my group all of a sudden? And it has a high level even, it's only surpassed by the mage.

Top Bottom