• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Noi

The best part of doing the FFXIV lightning event on PS3 is doing it with a huge crowd of people so that Lightning never actually loads and I never have to actually see her.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I get tired of losing every fight in smt. Every single fight.

I win every single fight in SMT. >:p

I also finished Xenoblade and can say XIII series is like bad Saturday Morning Cartoon. And that MonolithSoft's new game will be super amazing.

But yeah so Lightning Returns in 2 days! Who is excited? I am!

I'm not. Just excited for possibly good music.

CorvoSol

Keep a stiff upper lip and all that.

Half the time my team doesn't include people who have lips. The other half my team is composed entirely of bits and pieces of nubile young women.

I win every single fight in SMT. >:p

I also finished Xenoblade and can say XIII series is like bad Saturday Morning Cartoon. And that MonolithSoft's new game will be super amazing.

But yeah so Lightning Returns in 2 days! Who is excited? I am!

I'm not. Just excited for possibly good music.

What did you think of the ending? I quite liked it.

I just wanted to say that it's pretty funny how all of Square's trailers for FFXHD literally spoil the entire story, including the ending. I know it's a 12-year old game, but still.

Still looking forward to playing it though, I played it when I was like 10 and managed to make it to some part where there is like a giant wave of energy or water and it destroys everything, it was after some giant boss on top of a cliff. Don't think I knew what was actually happening lol

Nerokis

I just wanted to say that it's pretty funny how all of Square's trailers for FFXHD literally spoil the entire story, including the ending. I know it's a 12-year old game, but still.

Still looking forward to playing it though, I played it when I was like 10 and managed to make it to some part where there is like a giant wave of energy or water and it destroys everything, it was after some giant boss on top of a cliff. Don't think I knew what was actually happening lol

Yeah, that last FFX HD trailer is ridiculous. This release will be an introduction to the game for some, and a reintroduction for others. Spoiling everything in a ~3 minute video strikes me as very counterproductive.

injurai

Banned

I was stuck 3+ hours into that Tank boss, so I left my PS2 on in hopes to return to it. Well I went on vacation and came back to find my game disc had a fine line burned into it. The PS2 couldn't read it.

So I never did finish X. Really looking forward to playing it again.

Xux

FFX's one of the few I've actually beaten along with X-2. IV, VI, VII, VIII, and IX I liked too much to end them (though, I did beat Necron so I guess I technically beat it) and XIII I lost interest after flying away from Pulse.

Lenna was my healer in FFV so I got to the pyramid and was, like, fuck that.

...Jeeze, I should beat some of them these. Playing FFVII...gawd, this game has weird monsters...wait we talked about that.

I keep imagining a remake of FFVII that looks like REmake. Like a HD FFVIII style. Gawd it looks so cool.

CorvoSol

...people playing FFX when they were children.

brb, feeling old.

Should be getting it next month.

I was like, less than 10 when I played FF4. FF1 is a year older than me, so I must've been somewhere around 6 or 7 when I played that. Heck, I think I played FF6 before I was 10, too.

Great ending. It gets the job done. And leaves it open ended enough to make room to explore the new world if need be.

Loved the ending. Especially since
now Melia is over Shulk and can hook up with DUNMAN.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was listening to the soundtrack a little before I fell asleep so I'm not done, but it's an interesting departure from the other FF13 games.

Someone tell Magius that there's a pretty weird/semi-awful version of Clash on the Big Bridge in the game. :V

I was like, less than 10 when I played FF4. FF1 is a year older than me, so I must've been somewhere around 6 or 7 when I played that. Heck, I think I played FF6 before I was 10, too.
Sometimes I forget we're the same age, lol. I played FF1 and FF4 when I was under 10, too. When Battletoads is the first game your cousins made you play, everything else just feels much better and easier in comparison, haha.

I'm only about a third of the way through, but man I can tell most of the work went into the OST with this game.

Nice variety...so far my favorite track is Luxerion. It reminds me of the underwater them from FFVII.

CorvoSol

Sometimes I forget we're the same age, lol. I played FF1 and FF4 when I was under 10, too. When Battletoads is the first game your cousins made you play, everything else just feels much better and easier in comparison, haha.

Because I act so much more immature?

The first video games I remember playing were The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Metroid and that really bad PC Mega Man III. I was farm-fed, I was. Oh, and Commander Keen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Because I act so much more immature?

The first video games I remember playing were The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Metroid and that really bad PC Mega Man III. I was farm-fed, I was. Oh, and Commander Keen.
More like I probably behave too old. :p

Ew, that PC Mega Man III. :(

Well, my first games were Battletoads, Mega Man 2, TLoZ, SMB, and Contra. I was terrible at them, but if it weren't for Mega Man 2, I wouldn't be playing video games now. They were probably the best games my cousins chose to introduce actually playing games instead of watching them play games, really.

Man you guys are lucky, I didn't play my first FF game until I was in sixth grade. FF7 on the PC...I was somehow not impressed with it back in 99

CorvoSol

More like I probably behave too old. :p

Ew, that PC Mega Man III. :(

Well, my first games were Battletoads, Mega Man 2, TLoZ, SMB, and Contra. I was terrible at them, but if it weren't for Mega Man 2, I wouldn't be playing video games now. They were probably the best games my cousins chose to introduce actually playing games instead of watching them play games, really.

I loved Mega Man III PC. Shark Man was so awesome. Then I tried to play it for the first time in ages this summer and I couldn't even REACH him, hahaha.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Someone tell Magius that there's a pretty weird/semi-awful version of Clash on the Big Bridge in the game. :V

WAT

Must listen to it NAO

You better not be pulling my leg.

Edit: If you are referring to the Knock Out track the only similarity is the arpeggio sound. Has little to do with CotBB.

13 songs in and I'm really liking the soundtrack so far. hopefully the music actually fits the scene this time, seems to be a problem with the other XIII games imo.

now to debate if I should pre-order or not.

edit: about halfway through right now, it's pretty great. too bad the scenes it will accompany won't be lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So what did you guys think was better LR's Ending or the Orphanage scene from FFVIII?

And I apologize for the double post here(would have thought some other discussion would have come up by now).

Wazzy

Banned
So what did you guys think was better LR's Ending or the Orphanage scene from FFVIII?

And I apologize for the double post here(would have thought some other discussion would have come up by now).
Wait the ending is out?

Shit. Gotta go spoil.

Also screw you Orphanage was never that bad

:(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They're both funny for the sheer audacity of the subject matter.

I ain't mad (cuz I'm playing good games for once and my mood is so much better for it). They're just funny in a dumb way.

Wazzy

Banned
I saw it and oh my lord. Why. What. Toriyama.

Like, these two sequels have made me appreciate XIII so much more. It was a decent game now plagued by its atrocious sequels.

It's too bad that the gameplay sounds fun.

CorvoSol

I'm sure the ending is a catastrophe, I'm just not sure if I want to see it now or wait till I've bought the game for 9 bucks to see it.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm sure the ending is a catastrophe, I'm just not sure if I want to see it now or wait till I've bought the game for 9 bucks to see it.
I'm waiting till the game is cheap to buy it as well but you might as well spoil the ending since it's that bad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's actually the epilogue.

The ending is in the related links of that video, though. I like the ending since it blends in bits and pieces of the entire set of games. The epilogue's just lol.

Wazzy

Banned

Ah thanks!

I wonder if the ending explain what happens
to everyone? Since we only see Lightning in France

I have to say it's endings like this that make me really appreciate VIII's.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I was thinking about hunting down the Asian versions of FFXIII and XIII-2 when I stay in Korea in a few months (for the English text/Japanese voices+music).... but just so I know my options, are they available on the PSN stores of the various Asian countries?

Top Bottom