• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

I liked Metal Gear Solid 4.

It was more of a joke than anything, but I do have to say: At least The Lightning Saga makes me feel something. Besides a few moments like The Microwave Hallway... I was too busy going numb from 35 minute exposition drops. There was more exposition in that game than anything else in the effort to explain the series past lunacy. And to me, that was kind of a self-defeating purpose to begin with.

CorvoSol

It was more of a joke than anything, but I do have to say: At least The Lightning Saga makes me feel something. Besides a few moments like The Microwave Hallway... I was too busy going numb from 35 minute exposition drops. There was more exposition in that game than anything else in the effort to explain the series past lunacy. And to me, that was kind of a self-defeating purpose to begin with.

MGS4 made me feel all kinds of things, whereas the Lightning Saga makes me feel basically just rage or disappointment.

Can I be the immovable object? Because being stationary sounds most like me.

People have been trying to convince me that I'm wrong for not enjoying FF6 and letting its light into my heart. I've shot them down each time and haven't budged on my stance that it is awful.

I am unmoving and unwavering. You can be the unstoppable force.

Tex117

Banned
I'd be more happy if Square simply made new games. I like those. But if most of the talent that made SE games what they were have long departed what have they really become other then an empty shell?

I thought this too, and then played Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Though it is a MMO, the story, design, systems, it felt more like Final Fantasy than anything I have played in years.

MGS4 made me feel all kinds of things, whereas the Lightning Saga makes me feel basically just rage or disappointment.

Oh, believe me: XIII-2 brought my piss to a boil as well. But that is something other than indifference. I didn't dislike MGS4's story, but I surely didn't like all the well either. Different strokes for different folks. I was thinking about trying it again sometime this coming year, so maybe this time I can quantify the experience.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh, believe me: XIII-2 brought my piss to a boil as well. But that is something other than indifference. I didn't dislike MGS4's story, but I surely didn't like all the well either. Different strokes for different folks. I was thinking about trying it again sometime this coming year, so maybe this time I can quantify the experience.

I'm completely with you. MGS4 is a steaming pile of shit. It's almost ruined the previous three games for me because of how bad it is.

Was Act 3 the tailing mission in Prague?

It most certainly was. During the podcast they talked about Act 3, and the guys said that Kojima got so mad that people couldn't figure out Act 3 in the early builds that he nearly stormed into the room to point out the way for them. I can't even imagine how much worse the tailing mission was if it's already bad in the final version.

It most certainly was. During the podcast they talked about Act 3, and the guys said that Kojima got so mad that people couldn't figure out Act 3 in the early builds that he nearly stormed into the room to point out the way for them. I can't even imagine how much worse the tailing mission was if it's already bad in the final version.

Link to the podcasts?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Though it is a MMO, the story, design, systems, it felt more like Final Fantasy than anything I have played in years.

It's a fanservice game give or take. Story I've heard is pretty good though. Of course it will feel like FF. Too bad I don't play MMO's. Call me cheap but I can't be bothered to even care about it until all content is released for it. The free trial upon release likely wouldn't last long enough for the GILGAMESH stuff to be released. And I still follow the dated philosophy of when I buy a game at retail or anywhere it should belong to me forever. None of this subscription based pay to play model. None of that.

It is a new game and it does look pretty but since I am a solo player I reckon it will become a pretty borefest in the end. No matter how much one butters it out. If it offered a offline mode however I would be pleased but it however does not.

CorvoSol

Suddenly I'm playing 3 Atlus RPGs. P3P, SMT4 and now I have P4tG. Also Code of Princess, if that counts.

You know why? Because Final Fantasy has been completely absent from current generation hand-helds. Ports of FF Games don't count while Atlus ones do because I'd never played any Atlus games before. Where the heck is FF on 3DS and Vita? C'moooon.

Red Mage

Suddenly I'm playing 3 Atlus RPGs. P3P, SMT4 and now I have P4tG. Also Code of Princess, if that counts.

You know why? Because Final Fantasy has been completely absent from current generation hand-helds. Ports of FF Games don't count while Atlus ones do because I'd never played any Atlus games before. Where the heck is FF on 3DS and Vita? C'moooon.

Because they're all on these :

1.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Happy new year, FF GAF!

Another year, another hope that FFXV will be released this year... Or next.

Xux

Jeeze, that FFX stuff is depressing. I'm almost totally drained of hype for the HD versions now, lol sadface.

Just listened to the translated version of the Audio novel of X-2 and I have to say, it honestly wasn't so bad. The dialogue was better than what I remember X to have (again, I watched a walkthrough a few years back and don't remember it all too well, so I am by no means an expert), I liked Chaumi calling people on their bull, and it was no where near as derpy as the thread about it made the whole thing seem. It's true the whole relationship drama thing came out of no where and was awkwardly handled and it's also true that bringing Sin back is suspect, but overall it was actually pretty okay. Then again, not being a fan of X may have something to do with my opinion.

Top Bottom