• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

CorvoSol

Whatever is right. Such a boring ass choice.

And here I am still waiting for him to do Squall's Gunblade.

Cor: Thanks for the updates. I hope to see some videos of what it looks like soon.

I don't know that I have any means of capturing video with my setup. I could maybe find some screen shots.

Speaking of FF2...I tried to replay it once...I think I got out of the first town before I started to hate myself and never went back to it.

Did you try the GBA versions? They're much more user friendly. I played it 1 time on the NES only, and I only beat it because I had cheats on that gave me max HP and MP stats right from the start.

Yup, the GBA one is the version I tried. They are more user friendly but it's really tough to get back into those games. The thought of trying to do things like grind enough spells so Ultima does decent damage is...meh.

CorvoSol

Yup, the GBA one is the version I tried. They are more user friendly but it's really tough to get back into those games. The thought of trying to do things like grind enough spells so Ultima does decent damage is...meh.

You're playing it wrong, man. Here is what you do: The minute you can go outside you head east and south to Mysidia. You make it to Mysidia alive and you stay there, carefully and jealously hording the gil you make from successful victory in battle to use the inn and to purchase EVERYTHING that they can give you. You stay in Mysidia until you have bought their spells and weapons. Then, and only then, do you dare venture back toward the first town to resume the game. By the time you can afford everything in Mysidia you will likely be far stronger than more or less the first half of the game requires you to be, and you will have equipment so much better than anything prior to Mysidia that it will all be laughable.

The kicker, though, is that because it is FF2 and EXP isn't a thing, you will NOT stop gaining strength as you continue through the game, meaning that by the time you reach Mysidia anyway, it will be obsolete and you can march onward in the game. You will further save yourself sufficient money for a fair portion of the game, too.

What's more, the only offensive magic you will EVER need is Toad. Toad is a better spell than Ultima for pretty much the entire game.

CorvoSol

FF2 is SaGa 0.

But your weapons don't expire!

The only FFL game I've really beaten was 2 (which is the best anyway) though I played a fair amount of 1. I probably beat 1, but I don't remember it. 2 was hard as hell, though. I wish I could devote more attention to its great DS remake.

Xux

Dammit, where's my copy of TA2? The BD demo made me want to play it again and TA's interface is so barebones in comparison. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What the hell is that thing?

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's worse in motion

WHERE IS NECK?
Why are you concentrating on that when the thing you should be concentrating on are his ears clipping into his body.

The dogs name is now Beck.

Someone pls make a mod replacing Lightning's character model with Beck without actually changing any of it's animations much like Pelé the Beloved Dog.
Sonic 06 dog is better than LR dog.

Someone summon Melpontro to this thread to make it happen somehow.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
it looks like a hybrid of a dog and rabbit

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
As does the phrase "Lavos BECKons"

EDIT: Hey you guys know what'd be cool? A Final Fantasy Type-0 and Persona cross over.

That's pretty much FF Agito. I think it has the otome relationship elements Tabata joked about. I think. Type 0's Rubrum High School would be a perfect fit.

CorvoSol

That's pretty much FF Agito. I think it has the otome relationship elements Tabata joked about. I think. Type 0's Rubrum High School would be a perfect fit.

I think it'd all be a perfect fit. Heck, just use the War Gods in the place of the Persona for the FF Team and there ya go. They could have an inter-genre high school rivalry.

Top Bottom