• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

CorvoSol

They did put effort into it.

Just in the wrong ways and places.

xF606Mz.jpg

SNES --------------------------------------GBA -----------------MOBAGE

ECCE JOGO!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm just laughing now because I accept this is a thing.

They really had to add a text box that tells you where to go now? This game seems to be the low point of all FF remakes. Considering the amount of FF ports I already bought, I'm kinda glad I can't be tempted with this one.

CorvoSol

They really had to add a text box that tells you where to go now? This game seems to be the low point of all FF remakes. Considering the amount of FF ports I already bought, I'm kinda glad I can't be tempted with this one.

Ten bucks says I can find two-to-three posters who will defend this trashbag to the death all the same.

CorvoSol

Corvo, why.

Why.

Well in the Persona thread there was a bunch of cool fan art and I was like "Hey lemme go find some cool fan art" and then I found this stuff instead.

No way, Terra X Cloud all the way.
There kid would be 1/4 Esper, 3/4 Human, 100% Amnesiac.

576510-bigthumbnail.jpg

f4823befb9a7170b3818737f08f7b4cd.jpg

I'm actually more a fan of Terra and Cecil. Their kids would be 1/2 human, 1/4 Esper, 1/4 Lunarian, 110% angsty.

But nobody indulges me and draws that stuff so you're all saved from seeing it.

dammit corvo

Because that Bartz x Terra "Tangled" picture is flipping hilarious.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
None of these have GILGAMESH in it. Corvo you have failed me.

Also FF characters don't have parents for the most part. That way they can be bland and uninteresting. Although sometimes it can also make them interesting so who really cares.

FF1 - Created by the crystal means no parents. Unless the parent is a huge rock.
FF2 - Oh no my village
FF3 - Orphans
FF4 - Adopted
FF5 - Had parents. Bartz is one of the best anyway.
FF6 - Has parents. They don't last long.
FF7 - Nonexistent
FF8 - Has an aloof dad.
FF9 - Has a estranged brother and destructive dad.
FF10 - Technically aren't real. And one's a drunk and better then the son in every way.
FF11 - Use your imagination.
FF12 - No parents in sight.
FF13 - Writeoff excuses stemming from MIA and disease.
FF14 - Use your imagination.
FF15 - Dude has parents. Probably aloof too.
FF0 - If they have parents they don't remember them. Guess what that means.

CorvoSol

Thanks Nomura™!

Terra x Cloud is almost Nomura x Amano slash art.

now do you know why i don't readily discuss fanart in another community thread i frequent unless it's a cool artstyle

In my defense I WAS going to post things in cool art ways. Then I saw that Tangled spoof and my ability to judge right from wrong was lost.

We have to stop Corvo before the thread goes to places we don't want it to go.

It's funny cuz I posted all this in the Awesome Fan Art thread and nobody blinked, haha.

None of these have GILGAMESH in it. Corvo you have failed me.

I mean, who is Gilgamesh even supposed to be shipped with? Gogo?

CorvoSol

In the immortal words of Kanji:

This is how a real man does it

PS: Finding decent FF art is sooooooo freaking hard.

Which is why I chose to instead post bad fan art and derive pleasure from the suffering of others! I still think my Faris and Bartz picture from a few pages back was great, though.

Here, let me try and make it up to the thread:

Enkidu obviously.

I was gonna go with Ishtar but your answer makes more sense.

Amazingly, there is next to no fanart posted in SonicGAF (for the best, believe me). And yet, I've seen more bad fanart posted in this thread now (thanks Corbama), and also in WrestleGAF.

I love you, SonicGAF.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's cuz we have a no shitty fanart policy and I, you, and a few others try to keep that in check. :V

Corbama is the president this thread deserves, but not the one we need right now.

PK Gaming

Which is why I chose to instead post bad fan art and derive pleasure from the suffering of others! I still think my Faris and Bartz picture from a few pages back was great, though.

Here, let me try and make it up to the thread:
Nice

I'm going to start collecting FF fanart now, so I figure I might as well do a run through this thread and start collecting.

CorvoSol

Amazingly, there is next to no fanart posted in SonicGAF (for the best, believe me). And yet, I've seen more bad fanart posted in this thread now (thanks Corbama), and also in WrestleGAF.

I love you, SonicGAF.

That's cuz we have a no shitty fanart policy and I, you, and a few others try to keep that in check. :V

Corbama is the president this thread deserves, but not the one we need right now.

There are worse presidents I could be compared to. I mean, at least it's not "Thanks Corhoover." or something.

Nice

I'm going to start collecting FF fanart now, so I figure I might as well do a run through this thread and start collecting.

I'm glad SOMEONE appurshiates it.

Hey *I* didn't vote for Corbama. :V

Bladenic

So has anyone played the FF4: After Years remake for iOS? Any good? Worth it? Any differences/improvements compared to the original?

There should be a points license for fanart. If you waste all the points by posting creepy stuff you must play Time & Eternity.[/QUOTE]

Jokes on you I play Time & Eternity for genuine enjoyment!

It's better than Suikoden II.

[spoiler]Schala pls calm down[/spoiler]

Heropon

Jokes on you I play Time & Eternity for genuine enjoyment!

It's better than Suikoden II.

Schala pls calm down

Then you must play the Lightning Saga®™!

Thinking about it I forgot the target audience of that game would be the most prone to post obnoxious fanart so the punishment should be different.

Heropon

I started playing The Wonderful 101 and the first thing I noticed was Balthier's voice. It was worth it just for that.

About the game itself, I have no idea what I'm doing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Voice actors portray terrible characters in terrible games and they also portray great characters in great games.

Of course exceptions to the rule are characters like GILGAMESH who is great regardless of the game he is in.

CorvoSol

Voice actors portray terrible characters in terrible games and they also portray great characters in great games.

Of course exceptions to the rule are characters like GILGAMESH who is great regardless of the game he is in.

I'm gonna level with you: I kinda just like Laura Bailey in general. Like, in the two SMT games I've played--SMT4 and Persona 4-- the girl Laura plays is the best each time.

Seda

Rise is easily my least favorite character in Persona 4. While I think Laura is a fine voice actress I think she's overused.

Top Bottom