• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Honestly, I have not even touched the crafting, I'm just using whatever I find. I think I'm gonna try to finish the game first before I run around doing the Cei'th Stone missions.

Best party I found was Hope (for his magic), Fang (as a tank) and Lightning for damage.

Yep, that's the most common favorite party (though your best bet is making Fang your Commando and Hope/Light as Ravagers) and they're damned effective, even though Hope is a bit frail. They can pump out fantastic damage and they've got a *reasonably* good balance of abilities when it comes to buffs/debuffs too.

Gran Pulse is how the Veldt should have been.

Aesthetically I love Gran Pulse, yeah, and the initial stages of it where you're basically working your way up the food chain and leveling up like mad are really, really cool and fun.

Mechanically, though, they serve completely different purposes (the Veldt is all about Gau's abilities and, IIRC, you emphatically do *not* gain experience on the Veldt, which makes it the ideal place to teach everyone magic if you're doing a low-level game and want to do some late-game stat-boost grinding).

I don't think either one could successfully or appropriately replace the other. They serve wildly different roles within two wildly different games.

HTupolev

It's all about Lightning/Hope/Vanille. You've got a decent synergist, you've got a decent sabateur, everyone can swap to competant ravagar when needed, your Relentless Assault is decent, and no-sentinal MED/MED/MED panic mode yay.

Then you bump into an enemy which can hit you with a lot of stuff at once, and you get your shit wrecked.

My party was Fang, Vanille and Lightning.

I was thinking about doing making this my party so I can relive the awesome that was FFX-2. Though I am leaning towards Hope, Vanille, Fang since Hope/Vanille will make great RAVs and Fang will make a great COM.

I should probably preface by saying I wanted the Veldt to have Gran Pulse level difficulty.

The perfect XIII party would be Noel, Fang and adult Hope.

Wazzy

Banned
I was thinking about doing making this my party so I can relive the awesome that was FFX-2. Though I am leaning towards Hope, Vanille, Fang since Hope/Vanille will make great RAVs and Fang will make a great COM.

I love Fang tanking while Lightning destroys shit and Vanille heals and debuffs.

Psxphile

Gran Pulse is how the Veldt should have been.

wKaa6HG.png
The Veldt is how Gran Pulse should have been.

It looks nice but taking the movie in face value it still wouldn't fix the story or the linearity.(Most of the areas were side scrolling.)

Wazzy

Banned
While the video was cool, I really don't understand the point of teasing that. It'd be much more hype if it was VII and VIII.

CorvoSol

But then why would they be blessing us with these wonderful mobile ports of their older titles?

I don't know. I mean those shit games don't even have the Perfect Goddess in them, and some of those maps turn left or right and all those pixels make it hard to tell who is what cup size. I don't know why Tori-sama does this with his company.

Carbonox

I'm playing through FFXIII again for the first time since it came out and I'm thoroughly enjoying it more than I did back then (and I enjoyed it back then too still). Learning new things that I didn't quite get or grasp back then as well.

I always find that playing a game a year or later after it was originally released is a far superior experience because that launch hype/disappointment is non-existent by this point.

I mainly did it in the lead-up to Lightning Returns but I'll be damned if I prise myself away from this game even when Lightning Returns launches. :lol

I like Lightning a lot more than I did (always preferred her iteration in XIII-2 though).

CorvoSol

I'm playing through FFXIII again for the first time since it came out and I'm thoroughly enjoying it more than I did back then (and I enjoyed it back then too still). Learning new things that I didn't quite get or grasp back then as well.

I always find that playing a game a year or later after it was originally released is a far superior experience because that launch hype/disappointment is non-existent by this point.

I mainly did it in the lead-up to Lightning Returns but I'll be damned if I prise myself away from this game even when Lightning Returns launches. :lol

I like Lightning a lot more than I did (always preferred her iteration in XIII-2 though).

Lightning in XIII-2 is why I don't like Lightning, haha. She was just fine in XIII and then suddenly she was horrible.

Wazzy

Banned

I like Lightning a lot more than I did (always preferred her iteration in XIII-2 though
).

Me too. I liked when she stopped appearing as much.

My favorite thing about Lightning is her voice actress Ali Hillis, who has voiced characters that I actively like, such as Liara from Mass Effect and Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Damn! I played 13 on 360 and 13-2 on PS3. Does it have to be a completed save file? I'm planning on playing Lightning Returns on PS3.

I don't know if the file has to be complete or not. You should have played the original on PS3, since it had slightly better performance than 360, and all on one bluray. At least you will get her Valkyrie armor, my favorite Lightning dress.

Gaz_RB

I don't know if the file has to be complete or not. You should have played the original on PS3, since it had slightly better performance than 360, and all on one bluray. At least you will get her Valkyrie armor, my favorite Lightning dress.

Yeah I remember the feeling I had when I checked the wiki after beating the game and seeing how huge of a gap there was between the two versions. Beautiful nonetheless. Unfortunately I didn't get a PS3 til recently or I would have gotten in on there.

Yeah I remember the feeling I had when I checked the wiki after beating the game and seeing how huge of a gap there was between the two versions. Beautiful nonetheless. Unfortunately I didn't get a PS3 til recently or I would have gotten in on there.

I see, well that's cool, if you have the time go try some PS3 exclusives. Best part of having any console PS3/360/whatever, is to try the exclusives.

Top Bottom