• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

CorvoSol

Every pink/red haired heroine is a reincarnation of Lightning. She is the Lifestream.

s4bhDrW.gif

s4bhDrW.gif

s4bhDrW.gif

o_O... but I like FFV...

You know who else does?

CLIP ART MOBILE PHONE APPS.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-V: LIGHTNING WAS LENNA ALL ALONG.
Every pink/red haired heroine is a reincarnation of Lightning. She is the Lifestream.

Too bad, this is the age of the Goddess. She is all in all.

Alright, I give in to all her power, grace, and influence. Turns out all other Final Fantasy games sucked till Lightning was introduced. I've been so blind for far too long. I guess Lightning was the Perfect Goddess I have been waiting for my whole life. I tried to ignore her, I did not notice her sweet scent, I was in denial of her beauty, I pushed her away because I didn't want her to know my true feelings, but deep down I was in love. I'm tsundere for Lightning. You win SE.

You know who else does?

CLIP ART MOBILE PHONE APPS.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

CorvoSol

Alright, I give in to all her power, grace, and influence. Turns out all other Final Fantasy games sucked till Lightning was introduced. I've been so blind for far too long. I guess Lightning was the Perfect Goddess I have been waiting for my whole life. I tried to ignore her, I did not notice her sweet scent, I was in denial of her beauty, I pushed her away because I didn't want her to know my true feelings, but deep down I was in love. I'm tsundere for Lightning. You win SE.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Tori-Sama approves

CorvoSol

Corvo is a broken man.

In fairness, even with it's horrible 2nd half that features the protagonist abandoning his girlfriend to go on virtual dates with the sister he refuses to flat out say he will not fuck and the tentacle rape sequences and the hilariously sexist treatment of women, Sword Art Online is still not the worst anime I've ever seen.

That'd be Eureka Seven Astral Ocean. Because as much as I hate a lot of anime, Astral Ocean is the only one to hate me back.

Nope. Pikachu's game might be better but he sure ain't the better starter.

Pikachu is the best starter, for the following scientifically proven reasons*

- You can talk to him
- He can say his name "Pikachu" I don't see the other ones saying their names. All I hear is gibberish.
- He is the only electric-type starter, that I know of.
- If my Perfect Goddess Waifu Lightning had a Pokemon it would probably be Pikachu.
- All these points are scientific
- If Cloud was a Pokemon trainer, he would use Pikachu's static electricity to keep his hair nice and spiky.
- I need bed rest
- Pikachus love Cloud

41e45110989e6c454bf7a05887381bdc8f861571.jpg

As you can see, using science, Pikachu is the best starter.

If I had to choose from the original 3, Charmander is the best. But I don't have to since I got Pikachu, he spoiled me with the ability to have all the starters.
*No science was actually used

E7 was alright from what I saw, never finished it.

My favorite anime, by far, is Neon Genesis Evangelion. It even has a reference in FFVII.

Wazzy

Banned

- You can talk to him
- He can say his name "Pikachu" I don't see the other ones saying their names. All I hear is gibberish.
- If my Perfect Goddess Waifu Lightning had a Pokemon it would probably be Pikachu.
- If Cloud was a Pokemon trainer, he would use Pikachu's static electricity to keep his hair nice and spiky.
- I need bed rest
- Pikachus love Cloud

bAS9Jpn.png

Let's do this.

-You can talk to him and he responds with SHITTY emotions. My charmander followed me around like a badass without whining.
-Fire is better, tho.
-If Lightning would have a Pikachu then that signifies Pikachu is the worse starter
-Lame. Cloud has to rely on pikachu to get his hair that way.

Only positive is he evolves into Raichu who is awesome. WHICH HE DOESN'T ALLOW IN YELLOW.

Let's look at Charmander facts:
-awesome.
bAS9Jpn.png

-Evolves into Charizard, the best pokemon ever
-Wins at life
-Squall would totally have a charmander in order to get Charizard
-Can fly and burn shit to death

Face the facts.

bAS9Jpn.png

Let's do this.

-You can talk to him and he responds with SHITTY emotions. My charmander followed me around like a badass without whining.
-Fire is better, tho.
-If Lightning would have a Pikachu then that signifies Pikachu is the worse starter

Only positive is he evolves into Raichu who is awesome. WHICH HE DOESN'T ALLOW IN YELLOW.

-awesome.
bAS9Jpn.png

-Wins at life

Face the facts.

Are those facts scientific?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Reminds me of this post from the Vanille thread:

It's the voice acting and the anime-style of Final Fantasy that's become more obvious since they moved from sprites and low res polygons to high res, AAA development.

If you could possibly imagine Vanille as a sprite, without a voice that was 2D from say the FF IV-VI era or even Chrono Triggerish era that said the same things I guarantee you that she'd probably be a more beloved character then she is.

It's just that when you have all this development, and the Japanese idea of what's cool, you end up with these anime trope characters, and then you translate that to English and it just doesn't work.

How many of you could tell that Hope was "Seething with rage" over his mother dying and blamed Snow for what happened? I honestly couldn't tell wtf he was feeling from the voice acting and movements of the character in-game. I had to read the bloody chapter description to even know he was mad.

Vanille had some internal pain going on throughout the game? Fuck me if I didn't notice until she actually broke down crying at the half-way point.

Honestly if she was a 2D sprite, and the sprite did that sad face the FFVI cast did at times I'd have been able to recognize her character depth and the trials she was going through far more then in FFXIII where she was ridiculously happy all the goddamn time, and her being sad was that anime girl sigh that nobody in the real world can recognize as "traumatic pain".
I do agree with the notion, generally. A lot of the silly character shit in XIII and XIII-2 would have been better if the games were sprite-based. Although I don't think anime idiosyncrasies are the problem per se since I loved most of the characters in Tales of Vesperia. Maybe it's just a matter of writing quality.

PK Gaming

- You can talk to him
- I need bed rest
- Pikachus love Cloud

41e45110989e6c454bf7a05887381bdc8f861571.jpg

As you can see, using science, Pikachu is the best starter.

If I had to choose from the original 3, Charmander is the best. But I don't have to since I got Pikachu, he spoiled me with the ability to have all the starters.
*No science was actually used
You forgot the most important point:

-Pikachu sucks and Raichu is better.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Tyranitar > All your puny Pokemon.

--------------

Shame FF only wants to focus on pretty races all the time. Would love to play as a monster character that isn't a cat or a bunny.

Wazzy

Banned
Hey I said you win, why is Raichu flipping me off.
He's giving you the thumbs up. :lol

Y'all mother fuckas are forgetting about Pimp ass Squirtle!

1457.png
Squirtle is hype and all that but Raichu and Charizard own him.

The fuck am I reading?!

What each Final Fantasy character would have as their pokemon.

I'm seriously giving Charizard to Squall.

You forgot the most important point:

-Pikachu sucks and Raichu is better.

Already covered that in my Charmander schooling.

Wazzy

Banned
Why? We already a lion Pokemon.
668.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because it's ugly. Plus, I'm referring mainly to starters and the main characters deserve starters.

Plus if Squall's getting a lion type, Arcanine all day errday.

I know he's more of a dog/tiger but we'll ignore that.

CorvoSol

But Eureka Seven was pretty good, why was the sequel so bad?

Yes that's exactly the reason.

bAS9Jpn.png

Let's do this.

-Fire is better, tho.

-awesome.
bAS9Jpn.png

-Wins at life

Face the facts.

Dude don't forget that Charizard has two super rad evolutions of his own.

Wazzy

Banned
Squirtle

DON'T

FUCK

AROUND

He be owning Charmander, be hangin' with Charizards cuz they know the score, and all the other pokemon look up to him!

Charizard took on Mewtwo and Entei. He also had the more epic battle in the first movie against his clone whereas Shellshocker got his ass handed to him with a rapid spin.

Charmander came back and took a dump on squirtle when they were fully evolved. He destroyed Blastoise with a Fire Blast.

Charmander ain't got time for his weaknesses, he takes them like a champ. He was all "Yah I know u ain't weak to fire but you took my fireblast like a lil bitch"

bAS9Jpn.png

Look at this badass. Look at him. He ain't taking nobodies shit.

As far as specific referencing goes, I believe it's this one:

A63rTP1.jpg

That's the one I'm talking about. Thanks for finding it. Man those pics make me want to play FFVII again, also rewatch NGE.

LP4KzEF.gif

You people are vicious, Pikachu will always be the best starter in my heart. No need to kick a man while he is down for having an opinion. No matter how hard you try to convince me, in my honest opinion Pikachu is the best starter just because you get access to all the others. So please calm down, I'm not gonna talk mess about your favorite starters.

I already said if I had to choose one of the original 3 I would choose Charmander. I always hated choosing between the 3 though, I want them all. Thanks Pikachu for letting me do that.

ALL RIGHT, THIS IS A FINAL FANTASY THREAD SO I"M GONNA POST ABOUT FINAL FANTASY.

So guys I just found this awesome video of Cloud 1-hit killing Emerald WEAPON using the overflow glitch. Has anyone tried this? I really want to try this out.

CorvoSol

Charizard took on Mewtwo and Entei. He also had the more epic battle in the first movie against his clone whereas Shellshocker got his ass handed to him with a rapid spin.

Charmander came back and took a dump on squirtle when they were fully evolved. He destroyed Blastoise with a Fire Blast.

Charmander ain't got time for his weaknesses, he takes them like a champ. He was all "Yah I know u ain't weak to fire but you took my fireblast like a lil bitch"

bAS9Jpn.png

Look at this badass. Look at him. He ain't taking nobodies shit.

At the first nat'l bank of shit, Charmander makes the deposits and everyone else withdrawals.

Wazzy

Banned
Don't worry. I like all the starters. I just think(know) charmander is the best.

Like I said, Pikachu evolves to Raichu, that get's him some mad props. Even if his stupid lil ass doesn't allow it in yellow.

CorvoSol

One of my favorite teams in Pokemon is actually the one Red uses in Silver: Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Snorlax, Espeon and Raichu (cuz Raichu da boss)

Top Bottom